[Half Party Kill] Running for Defiant

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Jayel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:24 am

Kolan 5' steps to 14242 and attacks orc8.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:00 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I assume that since you suggested that a charge is possible, the terrain allows it. Good catch, I didn't think that Yasmin was close enough.

 

*Revision*

Yasmin, yells out, In the name of Helm, you shall harm no more!, as she rushes forward with a burst of speed, using all her momentum to carry her longsword down onto the orc.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Yasmin yells out, In the name of Helm, you shall harm no more! and charges Orc 12. She narrowly misses confirming the critical, but still kills the orc.

Kolan steps up and smacks Orc 8 with a glancing blow that is still just enough to kill it.

Jase waits for Jericho...

Tana stabilizes! [unconscious, but no longer bleeding]

Lorn stands up [since Orc 13 is out of range of your ray, you have another action left]

Orc 13 flings a javelin at the nearest target, Jericho. The javelin sails wide and the orc grunts, drawing a falchion as it runs forward.

Another Orc (#14) emerges from the woods!

Sunny's beetle charges Orc 13, biting it on the leg and killing it. [3 rounds left]

Jericho moves up and heals Tana [9 hp, Tana is now at 1 hp and conscious]

Jase moves to Tana and lifts her to her feet. Finding her conscious, he decides he does not need to carry her.

[Damage totals: Yasmin 7, Kolan 1, Tana 15, Lorn 1, Jericho 4, Jase 1]
Gauntlet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Since Jase is last anyways, he will try to keep everyone alife. Making sure to stay close to the injured ones, to be able to defend them, so that everyone left still makes it to the castle.
"me feels good"
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Jayel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Kolan picks up Tana and starts moving toward Defiant.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I move whatever max move would be while carrying Tana.

 

Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by klakxor » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:14 am

Jericho begins moving towards defiant, trying to stay near those most injured as best he can

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:58 am

Tana finally wakes up from the massive beating she took from the orcs. She finds that Kolan is carrying her. Kolan, I can walk by myself you know.

If Kolan decides to let Tana walk on her own, she will stick to the others and readied her sling.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Dink » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:46 am

Jase keeps standing there and takes a look at the scenery of Tana and Kolan and then at Tana readying her sling.
He bows down to Tana and offers the following advice in a very calm and unbabarian manner:
"My dear. Please drop all ideas of fighting, try to clear your head from the beatings your received, try to focus on our goal to reach the castle and put one food after another towards the castle. The way you slow down things at the moment show that Kolan might be right to carry you. You are the one everyone is waiting for at the moment. So please - lady - move your ass - NOW!"
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Jayel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:38 am

Now that Tana is able to move on her own, Kolan decides to let her walk on her own. He will bring up the rear protecting the injured with Jase.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, didn't read the whole post and see Tana was conscience again.

 

Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by patransom » Sat May 03, 2008 11:03 am

The group starts to head toward the castle.

Orc 14 runs forward and flings a javelin at Jericho, missing.

Two more orcs emerge from the woods (15 and 16).

Sunny's beetle runs after orc 14 and tries to bite it on the leg, missing. [2 rounds left]

[I had everyone except Jase and Kolan double move. Those two have a standard or move action left if they want to take it. It's about 160 feet farther to the cleared area. Everyone can double move, run, or whatever they want, but be aware that if you double move or run, you will begin to outdistance Yasmin, who is slowed by her heavy armor.]

[Damage totals: Yasmin 7, Kolan 1, Tana 15, Lorn 1, Jericho 4, Jase 1]
Gauntlet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Jayel » Sat May 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Kolan will keep pace with Yasmin.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by klakxor » Sat May 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Jericho will double move staying close to Tana and Lorn

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Tana will stay close to Jericho and double move as well.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Dink » Mon May 05, 2008 6:38 am

patransom wrote: [..., but be aware that if you double move or run, you will begin to outdistance Yasmin, who is slowed by her heavy armor.]
"Yasmin, please drop whatever slows you down."
Jase will either take from Yasmin whatever she wants to drop until loaded himself and stay relatively in the same position to Yasmin - or -
move to 05233 and make sure Yasmin makes it towards the castle as far as possible (trying to block the two new Orcs).
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Yasmin, looking at Jase incredulously, replies, What? There is more chance of me flying than removing this armor while on the run. Continue forward, fool! Do not wait for me, I will head up the rear, Helm will protect me.


Lorn, obviously, full out runs at his max speed.
Last edited by TheGreenLabrador on Wed May 07, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Dink » Tue May 06, 2008 7:53 pm

"Oh..... !" the next touch girl to let go, darn
Jase will keep back the tears for Yasmin, wish her good luck and run at full speed towards the castle, just making sure not to hit anyone of the party.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by patransom » Sun May 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Jase comments, "Yasmin, please drop whatever slows you down." To which Yasmin replies, "What? There is more chance of me flying than removing this armor while on the run. Continue forward, fool! Do not wait for me, I will head up the rear, Helm will protect me." She moves forward, still taking up the rear.

Kolan follows, keeping pace with Yasmin.

Tana moves to keep pace with Jericho.

Lorn takes off at a run [Lorn is only 60 feet from the edge of the cleared area].

Orc 14 swings wildly at the beetle, missing completely.

Orc 15 runs parallel to the party and hits Kolan with its javelin as it pursues [4 hp]

Orc 16 tosses a javelin at Jase, missing, then runs forward, drawing its falchion.

No orcs from the woods this round.

Sunny's beetle misses Orc 14.

Jericho moves up with Tana.

Jase takes off at top speed, catching up with Lorn.

[Damage totals: Yasmin 7, Kolan 5, Tana 15, Lorn 1, Jericho 4, Jase 1]

[Orc 14 and the beetle are off map, since they are pretty irrelevant at this point]
Gauntlet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Dink » Sun May 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Jase moves for moving action towards the castle and changes weapons to bow as action.
If Tana gets in a dangerous situation and it helps, Jase switches weapons to bow and shoots whatever endangers the party. If into close combat he takes the penalty.
If any Orcs come from the front Jase keeps his melee weapon and moves as close to the Orc/Dwarf/Bastard as possible or even takes a swing.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by klakxor » Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 am

Jericho keeps pace with Tana moving as quickly as possible to the tower

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Tana will continue forward to the tower.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue May 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Yasmin looks at Kolan briefly, and tries to speak where no others can hear, Run, and protect the others, I will do what I can., and with that, she once again, raises her sword, hoping to catch the orcs off-guard, more swiftly than she normally should be able to in that armor, changes directions and charges the closest orc.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am pretty sure that I can just make it the 40 ft to Orc 16.

 

Lorn continues running max speed.
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Jayel » Tue May 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Kolan moves forward 30ft. He looks to see that all is safe between the party and the castle.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri May 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Yasmin looks at Kolan briefly, and tries to speak where no others can hear, “Run, and protect the others, I will do what I can,” and with that, she once again, raises her sword, hoping to catch the orcs off-guard, more swiftly than she normally should be able to in that armor, changes directions and charges the closest orc. Yasmin's charge does indeed startle the orc. She cuts it down.

Kolan moves forward and looks to see that all is safe between the party and the castle. [Kolan has an action left]

Tana continues forward toward the castle [I assumed a double move, not a run]

Lorn tears off at top speed, reaching the cleared area and on his way to the castle.

Orc 14 attempts to kill the fire beetle, but misses.

Orc 15 bares its tusks and growls as it charges Yasmin. It swats her solidly with its falchion, finding a gap in her heavy armor [8 hp].

Two more orcs emerge from the woods, separating Kolan and Yasmin from the rest of the party!

Sunny's fire beetle bites Orc 14, wounding it. [1 round left]

Jericho follows Tana, avoiding Orc 18.

Jase moves forward, reaching the edge of the cleared area [Jase dropped his bow way back down the trail, so I gave him a double move.]

[Damage totals: Yasmin 15, Kolan 5, Tana 15, Lorn 1, Jericho 4, Jase 1]
Gauntlet1.jpg
Gauntlet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri May 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Seeing Lorn emerge into the lcearing, Bram raises his bow...

Here they come!!

He readies an action to loose a shot at teh first enemy he can see.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Jayel » Fri May 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Move to 14215. Stunning Fist on orc18.

Attack: +3
Damage: 1d6+2
DC: 13
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri May 16, 2008 1:19 pm

tdsprouse wrote:Seeing Lorn emerge into the lcearing, Bram raises his bow...

Here they come!!

He readies an action to loose a shot at teh first enemy he can see.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Welcome back to the main thread! Sorry it took so long!

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by klakxor » Fri May 16, 2008 1:31 pm

Jericho looks at Tana, There is the opening, lets run straight through to the keep

Staying pace with Tana, so if she runs, so will Jericho

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri May 16, 2008 1:45 pm

"Stupid, selfish, godless girl" Jase mumbles hoping to let Yasmin go where ever she wants to be and how ever she will end.
Tears start to run down Jases face. Pictures of his kin being captured by Orcs and dying in slavery come back to his attention with Yasmin right at the center of his thoughts.

Jase turns around and runs at top speed, carried by his fear of loosing one more comrade to help Yasmin.
Knowing this is the wrong thing to do, still not giving up anyone to the Orcs.
All that helps is to let go his brain and fall into a berserk rage.
All that matters is to kill Orcs, ... , take them apart , .... , not let any of them harm Yasmin any more , ... , must kill , ... , must kill , ... , kill kill kill.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Tana turns to Jericho and says, Agreed.

Tana will run straight to the keep.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Running for Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue May 20, 2008 1:05 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am having trouble seeing the rest of the board... the image cuts off before the orcs and Yasmin.

 

Lorn, making the clearing, turns briefly to see how the party is faring, he wastes a few seconds before turning back around, and continuing towards the castle as fast as he can.


Yasmin, takes the gash from the falchion in stride, wincing briefly, but solid in her belief, she accepts it, trying to provide an opening in for her own blade in the body of the orc.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Yasmin will fight defensively this round, hoping to use the Orc's charge against him, and make an attack.

 

Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”