Inside Castle Defiant

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Lorn, nods, seemingly in a daze still from what has happened, and not too fully aware or ready for this coming battle as he readies his crossbow...
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:00 pm

TheGreenLabrador wrote:Lorn, nods, seemingly in a daze still from what has happened, and not too fully aware or ready for this coming battle as he readies his crossbow...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Glad you're back. You can pick a spot on the wall to place Lorn... or stay in the courtyard (off map)

 

Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:13 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Lorn will move to 4118 as he readies

 

Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 pm

You wait for the orcs to come closer, which they happily do.

COMBAT ROUND 1

[The archers are now "a","b","c", and "t" indicating what "team" Rurak put them on]

The first archer that shoots manages to kill Orc 1. The rest of the archers nervously miss their targets.

Lorn shakes himself out of his daze and moves up on the wall, crossbow ready.

Bram and Rurak miss, too.

Tana hits Orc 2 and so does the archer under her command. It is wounded, but still carrying the battering ram.

Jericho repositions himself on the wall, but misses.

Orc 7 moves up to take Orc 1's place carrying the ram. The rest of the orcs do not return fire. Instead, they cluster around the orcs at the front of the ram, providing some cover against arrows from the wall. The orcs, now grouped together, move a little farther forward with their ram.

[Most of the orcs carrying the ram now have cover from most of you, even accounting for the height of the castle walls. The exceptions are Orc 6, who does not have cover vs Tana or Archer "t", and Orc 5, who does not have cover vs the farthest Archer "a." The orcs involved in carrying the ram are now colored brown, while the rest have their bows ready.]

[Damage totals: Lorn 1, Tana 1]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Archer c next to Rurak:
"Go and report to the Captain, as I told you."

Archers B:
" Shoot at 9"(Should be 95 feet and without penalty)

Archer C and I:
"we take 8" (once in Range without penalty)

Archers A:
" you take 7 if it is clear, otherwise 5 once in range". (range without penalty)

To Tana, Lorn and Bram:
" If we manage to bring down the two in front, it might slow them down. Probably it is enough to make them jump with the ram over their dead comrades"

ooc:
OUT OF CHARACTER
running (4x) with a ram, what does that do to the AC?

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:57 pm

Dink wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
running (4x) with a ram, what does that do to the AC?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
They didn't run. They got in a double move before the shooting started because you guys all wanted to wait until they got closer. Then a second double move after you shot, although it wasn't a full double move straight toward the gate, since they had to regroup into their new formation.

Just seems like a 4x run, because you didn't see the intermediate map.

 

Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:58 pm

move to 4109 and shoot at Orc 9

I'll help with the right side!
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Tana will move to 4119 and fire at orc 12 which her archer will do the same.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Jericho will reload his crossbow and fire at 8

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Lorn will fire at #8
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Since everyone seems to shoot at 8 I order they Archers to take the ones I said before, but if that one is down to take down one at the ram whom they have a clear view of.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am

The archer next to Rurak says, Sorry, sir. Right away, and runs off along the wall.

The archers on Team "a" both miss.

One of the archers on Team "b" hits orc 9, wounding, but not killing it. The other archer misses.

The remaining archer on Team "c" hits orc 8, wounding, but not killing it.

Tana's archer pierces orc 12 through the head, killing it. [critical]

Lorn finishes off orc 8.

Bram misses orc 9.

Rurak misses orc 2.

Tana moves up next to Lorn. Her crossbow bolt hits orc 10, but doesn't kill it.

Jericho's shot is just good enough to finish off the previously wounded orc 2.

Orc 10 steps in to take orc 2's place on the battering ram. Orcs 9 and 11 reposition themselves to provide some limited cover for the ram. The orcs continue to haul their burden toward the gate.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Damage totals: Lorn 1, Tana 1

Wounded orcs are #'s 9 and 10.

Accounting for the height of the wall, orcs 7 and 10 have cover from Jericho and Team "b". No other orcs have cover.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 am

Bram targets Orc 10 (orc 9 if 10 is dispatched already)

damn dodgy bastards!
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 am

Jericho will attempt to work on the orc's in the back, aiming for Orc 6.

Speaking to the archers near him (Team B) Lets try to take out the ones in the back and keep the ram off balance

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 pm

Archers A:
"Shoot at 5"

Archer B:
klakxor wrote:Speaking to the archers near him (Team B) Lets try to take out the ones in the back and keep the ram off balance
"Your heard the man, shoot at 6 or if down at 4. Aim at one side, so that they get off balance."

Archer C:
"Shoot at 4 or 6, First 6, aim at one side, so that they get off balance."

Question to the GM:
Can Rurak make out any runes or anything else pointing out that the Log is magically empowered. Is it a normal Log (being a druid might allow Rurak to take a look) with a metal head or is there anything special about it.
Can I make out anything else from the Orcs? Anything happening in the woods.
Anything I would say is dwarven like, as we know that there are dwarves with the enemies.

In case almost all enemies (to a maximum of two standing) go down, I will order Archers A and B down the ramp, so that we can carry the log inside the castle.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:14 pm

Dink wrote:Question to the GM:
Can Rurak make out any runes or anything else pointing out that the Log is magically empowered. Is it a normal Log (being a druid might allow Rurak to take a look) with a metal head or is there anything special about it.
Can I make out anything else from the Orcs? Anything happening in the woods.
Anything I would say is dwarven like, as we know that there are dwarves with the enemies.
The log looks like an ordinary log. The metal head appears to be a crude hunk of metal worked to fit the end of the log. There are no runes or etchings.

There are large numbers of orcs still emerging from the woods and moving around and toward the castle in scattered groups. They don't seem very organized, but one of the groups does seem to be heading in your general direction. The group approaching doesn't appear to be bringing anything special, like another battering ram, or anything, but they are still too far away (>500 feet) to say for sure...
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Tana will fire at orc 9 along with her archer.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Lorn will also aim for 9 and 10.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:53 am

COMBAT ROUND 3

The first archer of team "A" exterminates orc 5. The second archer misses orc 3 by a mile.

The first archer of team "B" pierces orc 6 through the eye, killing it [critical]. The second archer kills orc 4!

The remaining archer "C" misses.

Archer "T" finishes off wounded orc 9.

Lorn finishes off wounded orc 10.

Bram kills orc 7 with a shot through the neck [critical]

Rurak hits orc 11, but doesn't kill it.

Tana finishes off orc 11 for Rurak.

Jericho kills orc 3.

The last remaining orc, unable to carry the log by himself, drops his load and runs toward the gate, drawing his longbow. He gets off a shot at Jericho, which bounces harmlessly off the castle abutment.

COMBAT ROUND 4

Went ahead with round 4, since the archers don't need instructions with only one target left!

A hail of arrows rains down on orc 7. Only two of them hit, but it's enough to kill him.

Feel free to reposition yourselves on the wall as your action for round 4, if desired…

Briefly, the field of battle is quiet, then there is a loud yell as the orcs that Rurak noticed last round come sprinting toward the gates, entering easy arrow range [i.e., on the biggest map I can reasonably post]. There are 12 of them. All are armed with longbows, but they seem more intent on reaching the battering ram their comrades dropped…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:02 am

Targeting #1
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:31 am

Moving to 4117 from the previous round and attacking orc 1 as well with my archer will attack the same one. If orc 1 dies before I go, I target the nearest orc.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:23 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
It's been pointed out that I miscalculated how fast the orcs could get there. Assume they are 60 feet farther away than the map shows. I'll make up for it by reducing the distance they move during round 5.

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:01 pm

Jericho reloads his crossbow carefully and sits at the ready, waiting to shoot the first orc to make it to the log (his crossbow does not have a great range so he plans on wasting as little ammuntion as possible).

To the archers on either side of him, Try to take care of any orcs getting close to the log. Let those on our flanks work at thinning the herd.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Rurak talks friendly to Hiroki and pets him a bit.
then he moves with Hiroki over to Archers A.

Letting Jericho commanding Archers B.

Rurak just takes command of Archers A and C.
"Let them come into the close zone (no penalties)"
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:18 pm

Lorn will also conserve his ammo, waiting until the orcs actually reach the log before firing.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:34 am

COMBAT ROUND 5

Archers “A” and “C” follow instructions and wait for the orcs to come closer.

Archer “B” and “T” open fire and, even at this distance, two of them hit Orc 1, killing it.

Lorn waits, conserving ammo.

Bram’s arrow pierces Orc 2’s heart.

Rurak talks friendly to Hiroki and pets him a bit, then runs with Hiroki over to Archers A.

Tana’s crossbow bolt sails over Orc 3’s head.

Jericho waits for the first orc to make it to the battering ram.

The orcs, under fire, and having seen two of their number fall, continue sprinting toward the ram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Brams is pleased that he;s able to exact some revenge for fallen friends.


He Shifts 5' to his right and lets loose an arrow @ #3
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Jericho will continue with his plan to wait until one of them reaches the ram. He tells the archers to keep firing.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:09 pm

The Orcs should be within Archers A and C's shooting range. If my counting is right the Orcs should be at 115 feet.

Archers 'A' shoot at Orc 12. Archer 'C' shoot at Orc 3 or whoever is still standing close to it. Archer 'C' how long does it take to make it to the other side of the castle?
ooc: the question in the end is meant to give Rurak a clue how long it takes until the second archer C will return.

Rurak will shoot at Orc 12 or if down at 11.
Rurak will command Hiroki to 4103 which Rurak hopes to provide more cover to Hiroki.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Can anyone set that RAM on Fire?!
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”