Inside Castle Defiant

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:59 pm

No
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Dink wrote:Archer 'C' how long does it take to make it to the other side of the castle?
ooc: the question in the end is meant to give Rurak a clue how long it takes until the second archer C will return.
The Archer answers as he takes aim, 'E should be back by now, unless 'e ran into some fighting over there...
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Tana and her archer will fire at Orc 3.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Rurak tries to peak over to the other side of the castle if he can make out, what is going on on that side.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Lorn will now aim at one of the orcs and fire, hoping to hit one in the line.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:28 pm

COMBAT ROUND 6

One of Archers “A” takes out Orc 12. The other Archer “A” and Archers “C” all miss.

Archer “T” misses, but Archers “B” kill Orc 3, and wound Orc 4.

Lorn misses.

Bram shifts 5 feet to his right and finishes off Orc 4.

Rurak misses Orc 11. Hiroki moves as commanded. Glancing over his shoulder at the rest of the castle, Rurak notes a few small groups of archers taking aim at orcs who approach from the sides. None of these groups are as numerous or well organized as yours. The inner keep blocks his view of the opposite side of the castle wall, but the sounds of a pitched battle can be heard from that direction.

It is also clear to everyone that, in the distance, another group of orcs is getting organized and preparing to rush in your direction.

Tana misses.

Jericho continues waiting, but as he does, the first Orc reaches the ram, so he shoots at it, missing.

The orcs make it to the ram and begin preparing to lift it off the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm

We need Fire! If we could set that Ram on Fire, they wouldnt pick it up. Although, i gues that could heave it toward teh doors, and just burn them down. damn.


Target #5.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Jericho aims at #5

To the archer to his left Take out number 5 or 6, lets try to keep them off balance at least

Ti the archer on his right Take out number 8

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Tana and her archer will continue to fire at the nearest orc to them.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Archers shoot at 8,9 or 10. Kill one before you go on to the next one.
Rurak does the same.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am

Lorn shoots at #8
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:47 am

COMBAT ROUND 7

Archers “A” take out Orc 8. Archer “C” kills Orc 9. Archer “T” wounds Orc 5, and one of Archers “C” finishes the job. The other Archer “C” wounds Orc 10. The ram falls to the ground!

Before the remaining orcs can redistribute themselves to pick it back up:

Lorn kills Orc 6.

Bram kills Orc 7.

Rurak finishes off Orc 10.

Tana misses again.

Jericho takes out Orc 11.

The area in front of the gate is now littered with orc bodies. The distant group of Orcs you saw getting organized last round begins sprinting in your direction. They are now approximately 380 feet from the castle wall and armed as archers before, not carrying a log or any other siege equipment.

However, from the opposite side of the castle, you hear a loud crash and many men yelling in the common tongue. You think you can make out Captain Etherin’s voice loudest among them, but you cannot hear what he’s saying.

[The new group of orcs approaching is not shown on the map, because they are still too far away. You are welcome to shoot at them, range modifiers would be -3 for longbows, -4 for light crossbows]

[Damage totals: Lorn 1, Tana 1.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Not interested in the battle at this side for one round, he just orders:

Don't shoot

To Hiroki:

Come

Then he moves (double move) up north (beyond 4200) and tries to spot anything possible and to listen carefully what is going on on the other side.
The round thereafter he will move back into position, if nothing special is going on.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Tana will ready her crossbow at the nearest orc when they get into closer range.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Closer I mean, at least 1 range modifier away.

 


User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 am

Bram waits to hear back from Rurak, meanwhile readies his bow to shoot the first orc he thinks he can reach.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:48 am

Jericho will hold his fire until an orc is within 1 range increment or until Rurak comes back with news of the other side.

Archers hold your fire until they are closer

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

klakxor wrote:...or until Rurak comes back with news of the other side.
As soon as Rurak sees anything that could be interesting to everyone, Rurak will let everyone know in an appropriate way.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:10 am

COMBAT ROUND 8

Everyone holds their fire, conserving arrows.

Rurak and Hiroki run off towards the north atop the outer wall to catch a glimpse of what might be happening.

From the opposite side of the castle, shouts turn to screams, but over it all, you can hear Captain Etherin’s To the keep! Make our stand at the doors! The noise of yelling and the clash of blades becomes louder from the south and east corner of the map.

Just around the curve of the wall, Rurak sees what amounts to a mirror image of your position, except the gates are bashed in and the courtyard is littered with the corpses of orcs and men. Around the opposite side of the keep, he sees Captain Etherin and a handful of men disappear, pursued by at least a dozen orcs.

The latest group of orcs outside the castle comes sprinting toward your position, now 260 feet away. [Range modifiers would be –2 for longbows, -3 for light crossbows]

[Damage Totals: Lorn 1, Tana 1]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:52 am

Would it be useful for our decisions, if you could show a map of the full castlelayout.
Which doors could the Captain talk about?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Sure. It's too big for tactical scale (and I'm too lazy to draw it in detail), but here's the layout. You would assume he's talking about the doors to the inner keep, right behind your position.

Assume Capt. Etherin and his men will show up on your part of the map end of next round, with the orcs that are chasing him right after that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by tdsprouse » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Bram, taking careful aim at the charging orcs, looses an arrow.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:26 pm

The other side is down, still I need you Archers to shoot at the charging Orcs outside the castle and reload your weapons, then wait for a new command.
Prepare to make a run to the gate. Pick up as many Arrows as possible, as well as the rest of your equipment.


To everyone in the south of the map, mainly Lorn and Tana (ooc: Mainly to let you know what the situation is):
Lets help out the Captain next round. Seems he is being chased. Then lets follow the command of the captain.

Rurak (with Hiroki still at his side) will return to the others with the bow ready loaded (4302).
OUT OF CHARACTER
Thanks for the map. helped a lot to understand the situation

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by klakxor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:29 am

Archers, take your shots now. If the other side is breached, it is best we take out what we can before we go to the keep.

Jericho will also take the shot at whatever orc is closest

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Archer, you stay here and defend this side. I'll go and help out with the orcs already in here.

Tana will switch to her kama and go towards the captain.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:08 am

Nodding, Lorn follows Rurak.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:25 pm

COMBAT ROUND 8

The archers are only too happy to start firing at the approaching orcs. Even at this range they manage to kill one and wound another.

Lorn moves to join the returning Rurak.

Bram finishes off the wounded orc.

Rurak returns with Hiroki, crossbow loaded.

Tana moves down the ramp to await Captain Etherin’s arrival.

Jericho kills another orc all by himself.

Captain Etherin arrives with five swordsmen. He seems pleased that Tana is there waiting. This gate has not fallen? Good! What is your situation? Are there orcs still outside to engage?

In any case, be ready. We are pursued and they outnumber us at least two to one. If we cannot hold them here, we will have to retreat to the keep.

The now slightly smaller group of orcs outside the castle continues running toward your gate.

[The orcs outside will be on the map at the battering ram end of next round. Current range modifiers are -1 for longbows, -2 for crossbows.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Archers:
Keep shooting and stay prepared to move. As soon as Enemies are inside the castle shoot at them first.
Rurak shoots too.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:21 pm

They are still trying to make their way through the gate but I think we can hold them. I'll help you with the defense down here.

Tana will move 5119.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:They are still trying to make their way through the gate but I think we can hold them. I'll help you with the defense down here.

Tana will move 5119.
Captain Etherin says, Good! If we can keep this gate intact and drive out the few that pursue us, we may win the day yet. Men, form a skirmish line here and allow the archers on the wall to keep concentrating on those outside.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread for the Survivors] Inside Castle Defiant

Post by Dink » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:55 am

Archers:
You heard the Captain. Kill the Orcs on the outside.

Rurak keeps an eye on the top side of the keep, so that no Orc can sneak by that way.
Still shooting at the Orcs outside.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”