The Pass into the Orc-Land

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Tana looks at the shackles and says, Aren't one of you take those things off of Melissa before asking her questions?

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Dink » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Rurak:
These are normal shackles. Nothing special about them nore they are magical.
Who would use golden shackles for a prisioner?
This lady is either not a lady, I mean either its an Orc or dwarf in a ladies dress or ... or I don't know.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Men, so paranoid and useless at times. Let me remove those for you, Melissa.

Tana takes her kama and tries to remove the shackles.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by klakxor » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Jericho attempts to access the health of Melissa.

Heal Check +8

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by patransom » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Dink wrote:Rurak:
... This lady is either not a lady, I mean either its an Orc or dwarf in a ladies dress or ... or I don't know.
Melissa looks at Rurak with terror, What? Are you crazy? No, I'm not an orc! And I'm not one of Lord Bulgan's pale dwarves either! You look more like one of them than I do! Are you working with them? Is this another one of their torture-tricks? She drops the bread and recoils from Rurak and the rest of you, trying to scoot past you on her hands and knees.

With Melissa trying to scoot away, Tana finds it difficult to set to work on the shackles. Her kama wouldn't be much use on the shackles themselves, anyway. She could try to cut the cord between them, which would free the girl's hands. [With her now afraid, it will take an attack roll to hit the cord and a roll of 1 would end up hitting Melissa instead... it would be a bit easier to calm her down first, if that's what you want to do.]

As best Jericho can tell, the girl has a number of scrapes and bruises, but is in no danger of dying anytime soon. As she scrambles away, he also notices a few recent scars on her back, likely from a whip.
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Calm down, Melissa. We aren't here to hurt you. Excuse the men for their paranoia. They obviously aren't use to women and think the worst. Let me cut the cord between the shackles so your hands would be free at least.

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Easy there Melissa, please, calm down. We're here to help. Please, we have to be careful. it's just that your bindings are strange.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:13 am

Jericho will kneel down by Melissa, if she lets him get close enough. Dear child, your wounds look ok, but you have some scarring on your back. There is no doubt that you have been severely mistreated. I am a healer of Ugtargnt. Let me look at you and make sure you are ok as Tana tries to release you from those shackles.

Diplomacy +2

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by patransom » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Melissa calms down quite a bit, although she is still looking at Rurak with suspicion. Okay, but I've seen too many dwarves lately who are nothing but stout monsters filled with cruelty and tricks. And their latest abomination, that torture chamber, is just down the slope. You can see why I might think you are another of their evil torments.

But she stops trying to squirm away and hold her hands out for Tana to cut the cord...
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Dink » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am

Rurak:
Sorry Melissa, but I am not good with people.
Rurak seems to be a bit absend and pets his wolf very caring, giving away some treats.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Tana will cut Melissa's cord now with her kama. There you go. So what can you tell us about the torture chamber?

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Bram, unsure about the cords, says nothing.

Just listens to melissa, looks down into the vally below to see if he can see the Torture Chamber she is talking about.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:12 am

Jericho carefully continues to check and make sure Melissa is ok. You mentioned a Lord Bulgan. Is he the leader of these pale dwarves? Do you have any idea what they are doing here?

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by patransom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:20 am

Looking down into the valley, Bram doesn't make out anything different that what he saw before. Melissa had indicated that the torture chamber was "just down the slope," but the only thing you can see there is the upper road that rings the inside of the valley. The road appears free of traffic for the time being.

To Jericho, Melissa replies, Aye, Lord Bulgan, that mad evil runt, leads both the dwarves and the orcs. I do not know why they are here, other than to torture and enslave us poor girls...

Then Tana's kama comes slashing down through the cord that binds Melissa's wrists. Although Tana's cut was accurate and came no where near Melissa's body, the girl screams in agony. Great gouts of blood spray from her wrists and her arms flail about, hands dangling unnaturally. Melissa slumps to the rocky ground of the peak, dead!

Investigation of what just happened reveals that the golden cuffs contained deviously hidden blades. It appears that cutting the cord caused these blades to deploy, cutting through Melissa's wrists all the way to the bone. She bled to death almost instantly.
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Tana checks Melissa's body for signs of life but there was none. She shed some tears for her before speaking. Damn that Lord Bulgan. Only a sick man would put such a device like that. He probably designed it so if a slave managed to break free that they couldn't escape at all and instantly died. He will pay for what he has done.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Dink » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Hmmmm, interesting.
If no one cares, Rurak takes a closer look at the shackles to figure out how to stop the blades from the next victim.
Further he takes the shackles off and drops some earth on the body "welcome to mother earth".
Then he walks off a bit and puts them into his pocket .
SpoilerShow
First walking then, cleaning them at a piece of bread and handing it to the wolf.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Benji » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Well I guess that explains why he let her escape instead of killing her... Lorn says with a queezy look on his face. All the more reason to find this bastard I guess.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 am

Unfortunately, Rurak is not able to figure out how the shackles work. He wanders a bit away from the group, where he appears to be feeding his wolf.
OUT OF CHARACTER
What you do next is up to you. Melissa did manage to drop a hint or two before she got her hands cut off...

 

Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

After teh shock past, and still Saddened, but feeling teh need to move forward... She mentioned coming from teh palace to the torture chamber, and seeing girl chained up there. We should head there.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by klakxor » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Are we supposed to just sneak in to a guarded camp un noticed. Not realy my specialty.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeah unless you want to fight 2000 orcs. I would think there would be a few guards since the entrance is so well-guarded.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Dink » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 am

Rurak:
I will send Hiroki and probabyl another wolf. He will distract them and most likely they will not call for more Orcs.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 am

Well, we either go in somehow, or we turn around and trek back to Defiant to report and request further aid.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:21 pm

While discussing your options, Bram spots a small group of orcs (about a half dozen) moving along the upper ring road. As they pass below you, they suddenly turn off the road toward the hillside. For a moment, you fear they might haved looked up and spotted you. But that does not seem to be the case; they don't seem to have noticed you at all. Instead, they simply disappear! You suspect there must be a cave or doorway directly below you, just off the road. Where else could the orcs have gone?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Next week's validation will take place on Monday the 23rd, since I'll be out of town all week.

 

Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:49 am

There must be an entrance of some kind right below us. maybe we could go in there?
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:56 am

Yes, there could be. But we do not know what it will lead to. For all we know, that could be the soldiers barracks. Jericho looks worriedly down the valley. Bram, perhaps you scoot down and take a quick look. You seem to be quieter then I am.

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 am

Well, ok i'll check it out...

Bram waits a moment to make sure that there are no more orcs in the area, and try to determine the best way to go.

He then begins to quietly make his way down the hill to scout the path, and presumably the opening.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by patransom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:48 pm

It takes several minutes for Bram to carefully and quietly scramble down the hill... Perhaps he will return soon with something to report...
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by Dink » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 am

Rurak whispers to Hiroki:
Follow Bram until you reach the entrance and stop guard the entrance. If someone comes to the entrance other than Bram make him follow you and return here after you got rid of the follower. If Bram returns - come back with him.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Pass into the Orc-Land

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:11 am

A short while passes...

you see/hear Bram coming back up the hill slowly, Hiroki following behind.


There is a door hidden behind some bushes on the path below, it would be completely hidden from view on the path, but i was able to see it from above. I considered continuing down, but could not longer see you to let you know what i'd seen so far. The door did not appear to be guarded from the outside.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”