Fine Dining and Armed Men

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:07 pm

After listening intently to Jear's comments on the tome, Goratash approaches him

"Mr. Jear perhaps we can put our collective heads together and make more sense of this book.

The language of the dragons is old, older even than that of the refugees.

Perhaps there are patterns and meanings that may be gleaned with more than one set of eyes or more than one way of being taught."

Looking at the others,

"But the question asked was wise as to where we should be going and what we should be doing in the present. Since at least one person of this chosen group has been attacked, the question of mutual safety is of prime importance. Seeing as how we could never discover the truths if we are dead."

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:34 pm

"Maybe." Replied Jear. "Maybe."

Jear placed his hand on Goratash's shoulder and turns him away from Jayleth. "Our lives do seem to be interwoven, don't they."

Then as they are facing the opposite direction and walking across the room away from Jayleth, he says in a much quiter voice and without moving his lips, intending only Goratash to hear, "We all need to talk, and away from here."

Then louder for all to hear, "It just all seems so confusing. To be honest, I am little frightened. I don't consider myself to be a coward, but I have never been... hunted... before."

Arriving on the otherside of the room he stops and turns back around to face the center of the room once more. "I mean I know I wear swords and such, but I mainly tumble and perform tricks and with them. I don't understand why I have some stupid star cluster on the back of my neck. I am no hero."

Jear hangs his head as if to return to deep thought about the whole afair. He pulls his hood up further, fishes out the bit of chalk once more to begin rolling through his fingers, and then glances at Goratash to see if he was heard.
Last edited by beltzclan on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:35 pm

Galeth nodded. "Indeed. My room is too small for all. I will stand guard, though."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:09 pm

Goratash looks at Jear and nods slightly.

"We do need to find someplace that maybe a bit safer than a room in a public restaurant."

"So back to the question of where to go, anyone have a suggestion?"

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Fine Dining and Armed Men

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:24 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
From the first post:

[quote="shai-hulud"]The seven of you are led to another tower in the district and taken all the way to the top.[/quote]

Jayleth offers, "This location is secure. There will be no danger while we are here. For the night, you all will be under our protection. Should you choose to leave, my order will still protect you for the night, althought it would make our jobs that much more difficult. Downstairs, I have rooms for all of you, although I was only expecting seven. Perhaps the warforged would be willing to share, as they have no need to sleep.

"The Dark Lanterns serve as the intelligence division of the King's Citadel. We have used this book of prophecy in the past to great effect. I do admit that our understanding of it may be limited. There is another within the city who may be able to help. Shalorn, a very old elf, has studied the prophecies far longer than any of our order. Seek her out if you desire additional insight. She is a priestess of the Traveller, and cares for a small shrine in the Dragoneyes district of Lower Tavick's Landing."
Last edited by shai-hulud on Fri May 18, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:51 pm

"Excuse my manners as I do not know the rest of you and if you would introduce yourselves. I am Auric a simple enchanter of the Guild of Starlight and Shadows." as he pauses to hear the rest.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:13 pm

Turning to Auric, Goratash bows slightly.

"Forgive me for my rude behaviour. My name is Goratash and I am a sculpter"

Goratash addresses Jayleth,

"If you could arrange for someone to pick up a few of my possessions I would be greatly appreciative. I did not expect the need to defend myself in the restaurant I was at before your men summoned us."

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:32 pm

Galeth looks at the other Warforged. "I have no objection to sharing. "

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 pm

"I will have need of my things, as well. If you do not mind."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:11 am

Jayleth takes care of all of the arrangements for gear.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be validating around noon today (Friday). If you want your character to do something other than get some sleep for the night, now would be the time to post it. Otherwise, feel free to continue talking amongst yourselves.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:24 am

"I shall go back to pick up a few things of mine." as the elf nods in Goratash and Jayleth's direction. "Though I may need a guard to accompany me in case they decide to come back and finish the job." as he stands and waits for an answer.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:33 am

Goratash says to the others:

"Since it is apparent that we are joined by some force we do yet understand I think it only fair to let you know that when I said I was a sculpter, I meant that in more ways than one."

Calling on his psicrystal to "animate",

A clear crystal "jumps" from Goratash's neck to the ground and grows spidery legs and stands in front of Goratash, "looking" at him.

"I was wondering if a large amount of dragonshards or even valuable crystals has gone missing within the recent past? It seems to me that these are things that should go noticed, if only due to their value. If you could find out anything on this it may help us to narrow down when the time is approaching and perhaps where.

But these are just passing thoughts that occur to me."

Goratash has his psicrystal revert back to his amulet around his neck.

[OOC allowing for any additional discussion here, the next is the action(s) Goratash is taking before going to sleep /OOC]

Before going to sleep, Goratash does his meditations and summons forth his "messenger".

"Go and inform the others of the recent events and ask the others if they know of anything pertaining to this prophesy [OOC to save space I won't rewrite what it says here /OOC] and what/if anything the Green Lantern's know of the Dreaming Dark."

The messenger then departs for Adar, as Goratash prepares for another dreamless night of sleep.

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:30 am

Upon receiving his weapons and pack from Jayleth's men, Grug manages to find some ale to fill his enormous silver mug (about the size of a normal pitcher). Finding a quiet place to sit and drink Grug mulls over the events of today. Eventually drifting off to sleep. His maul hammer standing upright next to him in case of trouble.

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 am

Galeth goes to the room assigned to both Warforged, where he finds a chair to sit. He reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a small knife and a piece of wood. Slowly, methodically, he begins carving it. He makes a small cut or two, examines it from different angles, makes another few cuts, and so on. It's unclear at this point what it will eventually be. So passes his night.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:03 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Will Goratash's messenger make it all the way to planet Oa? Will the Green Lantern Corps hear of the villainy in Eberron, and will their power rings grant them the strength to overcome the Rising Darkness? Tune in next week for the exciting adventures of the Green Lantern Corps!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jayleth looks confused, but agrees to look into any large quantities of dragonshards or crystals that have gone missing in the city lately.

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:18 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Good one, lol.

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”