A good night's sleep

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:15 am

"Prophecies are all over us. You need only take the time to read it, since we do not take the time nor effort to read or look for it then we seem to stumble on it as if we're blind." as the elf sighs after letting the statement go. "Don't we have more things to worry about?" as he asks the rest of the group.[/i]

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:08 pm

One of my old school mates liked to write stories. He told me he always knew how they would end before he started writing - but somewhere in the writing, the characters would kind of take over and the ending would be all different than what he thought it would be. But then, that's why he never wrote the ending in the first pages. That's the place for the beginning.

I didn't really get it at the time, but it sounded damned wise to me. So why wouldn't this progenitor be equally wise? Why spoil the ending - even if he -- she - it - does know what's going to happen. And that assumes that we're just character's in his book. And just leave it to us to rewrite the ending anyway.

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”