A night at the Shamukaar

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5766
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 am

Hearing his mount's words, the knight forces his tears back. He dismounts, looks his friend in the eyes, and says, "You are right, my friend. We shall return in glory. I cannot allow myself to fail. We should return now. These men can complete their quest without us."

Upon speaking the words, the knight falls to his knees and lets out a yelp as his body is wracked with pain. He is shaking, and looks like he might have fever. This looks to have come on suddenly, and none of you have ever seen sickness take hold so quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:21 am

Galeth surreptitiously checks the woman in rags to see what she does at this juncture.

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:35 am

Jear rushes to the man's side and looks up at the Dragon Mount. "What is wrong with him?"
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:11 pm

Goratash looks around to see if the source of this malady is elsewhere.

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:29 pm

Grug has his hammer up and is looking around for possible attackers.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:04 pm

Art returned an unobtrusive "understood" sign when Galeth pointed out their follower. When the knight collapsed Art hurried over and examined him, A Gias. This would be an insecure location to discuss it or its purpose. "I know what is wrong and he needs to go to the meeting point, we should make haste."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Galeth nods slightly, so Art knows he is understood. He knows others can carry the armored man, but he also knew he was faster than most. Once they began moving, he went ahead a bit, scouting the route for potential trouble.

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Upon hearing Art's words, Grug moves closer to the fallen knight. Grug says, "Grug can carry him if need." Inwardly Grug is thinking, I hope this Gias isn't contagious. I hate being sick.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:03 pm

Watching the sudden spurt of action from his companions Goratash says aloud "Something is very wrong here. The knight evaded my question as to who sent him on this quest and why it was so important and then falls ill. We need to be very, very careful."

With that a silvery substance spreads over Goratash, engulfing him like a second skin and looking like a strange set of full plate armor.

He then does his best to keep up with the others, constantly looking about for any signs of trouble.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:01 pm

Rain catches Art's 7 o'clock statement but doesn't make any obvious attempts to look. If we're being tailed, it's best I don't make our knowledge of it obvious.

As the knight falls ill, Rain quickly pulls his swords and takes a defensive posture around the fallen man. His eyes dart side to side, not knowing if there is danger.

So many were eager to end his life at that restraunt, who knows who'll be around now. He's not allowed to die, I have questions, and I am certain he holds some of the answers.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 pm

That nagging feeling was back. The feeling of cold steel being pressed against his shoulder blades. Jear looked around for the source of whatever was causing this., and draws an arrow, though he gets the feeling that it would be usless.

(OOC) Any chance I notice the old lady tailing us? Or am I just clueless like normal?(/OOC)
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:11 am

"I do not think they forgotten you for the Church of the Silver Flame organized your honored funeral, nevertheless I shall let them know that they're legendary hero still exist and is alive and well." as you all see a sense of pride from the elf as if talking about ancestors. "For mine are still alive and walking in the City of the Dead." and reveals his masked face along with his mark.

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:29 pm

"Grug, pick our new friend up and let us be off quickly. Mount, lead the way! Surely you know where we are headed. The rest of us will guard our path."

Jear puts up his bow and pulls both swords. First corner we turn,I am going to hide and see if I can take this woman by suprise. We will put her to the question of who she is and who she works for. This knight is not the only one that can answer questions...
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:00 pm

Galeth keeps pace with the mount, trying to stay alert for trouble.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”