Morgrave University

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:12 pm

"I've been expecting you seems to be her motto. I think she sent us an invitation when we were on our way to see you containing more or less the same message. Does that kind of arrogance annoy anyone else or is it just my lack of people skills?

"By the way, is she one of those gynosphynxes that asks all kinds of riddles - or do we just speak to her? The riddle ones are even more annoying than the arrogant ones."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:00 pm

While Larrian is looking around, art will talk to the others quietly, "what the university will have large supplies of is supplies for crafting items, and basic items of magic themselves for the students. If you want more than prestige and 'services' you could probably ask for payment in items - I would expect they would be able to get you basic, yet useful items, wands and the like far for easily than liquid funds."

While Larian is looking around he will discuss with him being paid in magic item crafting supplies instead of liquid currency.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Sunbolt wrote:"By the way, is she one of those gynosphynxes that asks all kinds of riddles - or do we just speak to her? The riddle ones are even more annoying than the arrogant ones."
Larrian chuckles, "You have heard too many fairy tales. You just speak to her."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:33 pm

draconas wrote:While Larian is looking around he will discuss with him being paid in magic item crafting supplies instead of liquid currency.
Larrian agrees.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Galeth nods.

User avatar
beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by beltzclan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 am

Jear is in agreement. He wonders about this Flamewind. How is it everyone knows about them but themselves. He is so tired of being pulled in different directions.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:20 am

As Larrian wanders around, he has tons of questions about this location, which are probably met with the same noncommital responses as the ones he has already received. You seem to be willing to show him around, so you show him some of the hidden areas and the door in the ceiling that you did not open down the hidden corridor, as well as the traps to avoid. Larrian takes note of everything and then brings you back to the university where you negotiate your payment for the find.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I will start a negotiations thread to take place concurrently with the main thread. That should expedite progress, as negotiations are not exactly plot-related.

 

Once negotiations are complete, Larrian brings you to a set of stairs which lead to a domed observatory which he explains has been serving as the sphynx's home since she was brought from Xen'Drik.

Larrian returns to his duties as the party ascends the stairs. As they approach the summit of the steps, you all hear a commanding voice saying, "... and should Chronepsis not intervene, the war of Death shall rise over the Mark." An angry voice follows, "What does that mean, you confounding cat?!? Do the dragons know or not?"

With a harumph, a cloaked man rushes to the top of the stairs. At seeing the party, the man is taken aback. He gathers his composure and scans the group. As he spots Auric, his demeanor changes and he begins rushing through the party, pushing his way passed everyone as he makes his way down the stairs. As he does, he mutters, "Lan Hazal will not be pleased. No, not pleased at all."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Hearing the back and forth chat about dragons and wars of history and futures to come, Auric looks up and sees the cloaked man's paused glare at him. Once, they reached the top of the stairs he whispers to Rain. Then he turns to their host and says, "Greetings and salutations, Flamewind."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:45 pm

Flamewind has the body of a giant lion, but orange stripes mark her deep-black fur; when she moves, these stripes ripple like flames. Her great falcon wings are pure black folded over her back. She has the head and face of a beautiful elf woman, though her features are distinctly feline and her hair is the same deep black-and-orange as her coat. She wears a few jeweled chains of platinum and gold around her neck and forelimbs, and a silver diadem rests on her brow.

"Greetings chosen of Chronepsis. I have been waiting for you to bring me to the land of the fiends."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:55 pm

"That is something new, Chosen?... Chronepsis?...." as one of Auric's arms cross-wraps' on his chest. "Awaiting for us to bring you there?" the Aerani seem puzzled by the greeting they received.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Ignoring Auric's questions, Flamewind says, "You must take me to the light that defeated the darkness. The weapon of good must be destroyed. We must travel across the Broken Plain until we reach the City of Spells. Reflect on the past and move beyond your reflections. Only then can you bring the past to the present. But beware, for shadows already gather to quench the lights forever."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:01 am

Auric looks at the rest of the party and turns to the cat, "Will you allow us some rests before a travel, for we need to re-supply ourselves and we do have questions for you also." as the elf awaits for an answer.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 am

Flamewind has made no attempt to follow the party. Throughout the conversation, she has looked at the party, and yet, through them. Her expressions are unreadable.

As if in response to Auric, she looks to the stars. "Chronepsis is hidden by the moon. I wonder in which direction he heads."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 am

Grug appears confused and looks around to the others to see if he is the only one.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Art met Grugs look, "I have no interest in riddles. Let us depart, prophecy is like the workings of a great machine - it will attend to itself and how we fit in or do not fit will be revealed in time."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:22 pm

"Please enlighten us about the Chosen of Chronepsis and the Dragon Prophecy." as the elf awaits again for Flamewind's reply.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:46 am

Still looking to the sky, Flamewing continues, "Where have you been? You have not seen the sky for more than a thousand years. Your name was lost long ago, but I called you Kahlaran."

Looking to Auric, Flamewind says, "It means that you will choose. You will become involved, or you will not. You will do one thing or another. Each choice you make will shape this world, for you are the Chosen of Chronepsis. You decide, and our fate is sealed."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 am

Rain has possibly the most confuzzled look on his face that any elf could ever manage, ever.

"Well.. that was insightful. Mayhaps a little unwinding of the riddle would better guide us to choose, or choose not. Until recent, we thought ourselves naught but pawns in a universal game of chess, however it would appear we are much more. Perhaps, like in the game, a glimpse at the oppenents pieces would help us better make our moves, Flamewind.

Please, if you would be so kind, unlighten us a bit on the matter."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:19 am

Flamewind says, "I know what I see, and I know what you must do. I have told you what you need to know. The rest is up to you."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:41 am

"Let's go kill somethin." Grug huffs as he looks around to the others.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:40 pm

Flamewind looks at Galeth and says, "Break it open. You have only seen its shell."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Art looked at the sky and saw the moon. Now the riddle became more complex. "What part do the children of Kahlaran play in the future of the Chosen of Chronepsis Flamewind?"

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:24 pm

Galeth had been listening and observing, doing his best to commit what she was saying to memory. Chronepsis? The name of a dragon? New name for an old dragon? Hmm. Hidden by the moon. Very strange. Then she looked at him, and made a pronouncement. A human would have started and blinked. Galeth just went absolutely still for a moment. Then he took off his backpack, opened it, and rummaged a bit. He soon produced a strange metallic hemisphere, and held it up, examining it for a moment. He looks to Flamewind. "Will my fist suffice?"

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:31 pm

As Auric's distant look becomes a realization he suddenly turns to the others, "We need to do things in haste or there shall be an inbalance with our futures to come and so is the fate of our lands. As an Aerani, we do not get along with the rest of the dragons, but if the future to come is at stake we'll work along side with them... let us decipher more of this riddle and we need to have done this yesterday." as the elf composes himself. "Get Larrian, and we need to access the library as soon as possible for we'll need maps and a way of travel to parts we need to be at. If you remember the cloaked man invite him to come to us, he has knowledge of Lan Hazal and we need these tools." as he excuses himself from the great winged cat. "Excuse my presence, Flamewind arrangements need to be done." as he heads down the stairs.
Last edited by valinor on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 pm

draconas wrote:Art looked at the sky and saw the moon. Now the riddle became more complex. "What part do the children of Kahlaran play in the future of the Chosen of Chronepsis Flamewind?"
"I cannot see beyord Kahlaran. Only Chronepsis knows what lies beyond."
Ceroill wrote:"Will my fist suffice?"
Flamewind nods.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 pm

Galeth will hold the object on the palm of his left hand, and using his training, will attempt to shatter the half-orb with his right fist (sunder).

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:11 pm

shai-hulud wrote:"I cannot see beyord Kahlaran. Only Chronepsis knows what lies beyond."
"Then what do you see in Kahlaran?"

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Ceroill wrote:Galeth will hold the object on the palm of his left hand, and using his training, will attempt to shatter the half-orb with his right fist (sunder).
OUT OF CHARACTER
Careful! The Orb gets an Attack of Oppertunity against you! Never know... them orbs can be nasty! :P

 


User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
LOL, true, but he's a monk with a decent ac...

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:41 pm

draconas wrote:"Then what do you see in Kahlaran?"
"Death"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”