Church of the Silver Flame(Art,Auric,Galeth,Goratash,Rain)

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:27 pm

"We're undone and betrayed." whispers Auric to those near him, as he hear Lady Morr's cry for help and a metal clatter on the floor.


OUT OF CHARACTER
lol, I had the damnest feeling that we were getting set up badly. :P

 


User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:34 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Could you give us a basic diagram of the event going on here?

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:47 pm

P = Priestess
Ga = Galeth
Go = Goratash
Au = Auric
Art = Art
R = Rain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:02 pm

Galeth would sigh if he were made of normal flesh. "It would seem that irrationality is common to followers of the Silver Flame." He will then sit down on the floor, to make it quite plain to anyone coming in that her claims are absurd. Or so he hopes anyway.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 am

Rain, heading out the door, shakes his head again.

"There is no word in any tongue I know to quite describe this madness."

And simply continues walking, keeping in mind that his weapons are all still on him and no sheathes are empty.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Art reaches for his scrolls, life was never easy.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Readied action for when the door busts open.... and when i get home to look up exactly what it is I'm doing

 


irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:01 am

Goratash activates his "armor" and says to Art

"Just a note for future reference - it is not a good idea to tell everyone that we are the chosen ones.

I also am getting grave doubts on having Rain do the 'talking', so far that course has led us into more than one conflict I fear."
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:05 am

Art nodded to Gorastash, "I certianly would prefer more circumspection."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:23 am

More stomping and clanging can be heard outside the door. Rain continues walking, opens the door, and sees a man running down the hall with a longsword. As the door opens, he falls backwards, nearly impaling himself on the sword he was running with. He screams like a little girl. Down the hall, Rain spots two men with longbows aimed at him. They call out, "Is Archeirophant Morr still alive? Have you slain her? What are your demands?"

(The way out is to the north)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:57 pm

Art considered possibilities, "It is likely that much of this district, and certainly the city watch are just as corrupt as the the priestess here." He heard the guards shout, "There is always the option of actually taking the hyrophant hostage and using her body as a shield to exit the temple."

"I think perhaps we should have seen this coming."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Galeth nods. "I propose that this sort of event has happened before. They seem to have a standard response."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:26 pm

Rain, just as startled as the young guard, tumbles backwards into the room, kicking the door shut in the process.

"Sure, blame MY diplomacy skills. I'm not the one spouting off that we're marked. But we've got a gaurd and a few bowmen out there, and they want to know what our demands are.

Apparently today we are terrorists."

His looks is one of displeasure and overall aggrivation, with a strange bit of humor mixed in, something along the lines of an I-can't-believe-this-crap look.

"This is why I do not deal in religion. Anyone have a plan?"
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:54 pm

"I do." states the Aerani. Auric seems calm and collective,as if he has been in a situation like this before.

Opens the door exclaims, "YOU!" pointing at the almost impaled guard. "Bunch of lying scums..." as he tosses a web towards the wayward archers at the end. He turns towards the guard and states, "Run to that or I will flay you." his hand on the hilt of his scimitar.

"Heads shall roll and souls will burn, unless you ALL yourselves including your weapons throw yourselves on that!" as Auric seems furious like never before.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:00 pm

"Yeah, and THAT'S diplomatic, too!"

Rain laughs a bit.

"Ah, I love my companions sometimes. Beat what I had in mind, and is far less dangerous."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:06 pm

The webs completely entangle both archers. The young acolyte quickly rises to his feet and runs into the webs as directed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

revised post

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Galeth motioned for his friends to wait. "A moment. I think leaving is the worst thing we can do at this time. She only began claiming we threatened her when we began to leave, and there were no underlings nearby. I believe she has something very specific in mind, has steered this encounter very deftly. Let's see what she really wants. Let's keep a the door guarded and blocked, but I'm certain there's more to this priestess than she's letting on."
Last edited by Ceroill on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:28 pm

"Makes me wonder, if this is Lady Morr or just a common theatrical whore. Lets leave folks, I grow weary of this diplomatic course I took." and with a sudden blink a message comes to his companions heads, "Before she cries rape. Imagine that. Oh and her words earlier, she didn't get to where she is with her looks...." and Auric starts to walk north to the way out of the temple.

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Galeth followed, wondering just what had happened to her to bring her mind to this kind of precarious chaotic state.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Goratash shakes his head in unbelief at the events, walking towards the door he ensures he has a clear shot at the priestess and manifests a power (entangling ectoplasm - use an AP for the too hit roll) and says:

"I tire of these games. Woman what is it that you want?"
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 pm

The Archeirophant, now covered with entangling goo, looks at the open door, looks at Goratash, looks back at the open door and says, "Take anything you like, you filthy scoundrel!"

It seems like she will not give up her ruse while the door is open.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Galeth would have again been sighing in exasperation if such were possible. Instead he just went to the door, intent on closing it.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 pm

As the door closes, the Archeirophant drops the pained look on her face. It is immediately replaced with a sour expression of satisfaction. "As you can see, it is pointless to try to escape. You have set yourselves up. You had to keep pushing. I told you I would look into it. I told you not to worry about it. But, on and on you went.

"Now, I am not entirely clear on what a Chosen of Chronepsis is, but from my understanding, you have the power to change things. Prophecy follows you everywhere, in everything you do. Because of this, you are a valuable commodity. You shall be my commodity now. Do you understand?

"This can work a few ways. One, you can attack me, and have death warrants placed on your heads. Two, you can attempt to flee and tell the law of this city what you 'claim' really happened. We all know where that will lead you. I am a highly respected pillar of the community, and you all are a band of rabble who have been seen spouting nonsense about a champion of the Silver Flame looking to prosper from it. That is all anyone has seen, and that is all they will see.

"Your final option is to do as I say, when I say it. In exchange, I will explain that the true villains were using magics to disguise themselves as you, my friends, and we can let the guards chase after figments of my imagination. Should you tell the guards any of this, it will be your word against mine, and that of the impartial Reverand Akhala.

"So, which will it be?"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:34 pm

This was why Art did not want to be blurting out to everyone what they were. It was time to play on the warforged sterotype. He slipped his battlefist over his hand.

"Option 4, I slowly crush bits of you to plup until you have explained to me your involvement with our enemies then I put your body beyond resurection and we leave. Your church can issue all the death warrents it likes. We are warforged. We were created to kill fleshlings, and were trained well in how to make them talk before they die." He begins to move towards her.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:46 pm

The priestess laughs at Art, and focuses her attention on Galeth. "I believe you understand your options. This is your last chance before this opportunity is taken from you."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Art looked at the others and put a finger across his throat. His vote was to risk a warrent.

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Galeth just cants his head slightly. "I am not in control of this group. I advised them to wait and hear what you had to say. That it would be highly manipulative I had no doubt, from what I had already seen of your behavior. I will, however echo my fellow warforged in one respect. I do not fear death or pain or difficulty. Your threats hold little terror for me. I see this as my chance to speak rather more freely.

Your actions and words have been precisely timed and calculated. The obvious hinge point of it all was when you heard us mention being the Chosen of Chronepsis. That hit a definite chord with you. I suspect you know a good deal more about that than you are admitting to. I also suspect that you already knew more about Kaurien and his situation than you said. You maneuvered us very nicely to put us in a corner of your choosing. However, I recommend that you be very careful about such things. Being manipulated in such ways often has the unfortunate effect on humans and other born creatures of making them recklessly resentful. Some of my own kind as well, it seems. Now, if you can come up with some good way of stopping that one, I recommend you to employ it before he reaches you." Here he nodded his head toward Art.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm

She smiles still and says, "If he reaches me, my offer will no longer be available. Everyone has a survival instinct, man or machine. If he is forfeiting his, then so be it." She is still smiling, and does not show the slightest hint of fear.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Art weighed all fo the factors in his head quickly, the rest of the party was already going to make powerful enemies in Khklkhd and his patron being blackmailed by her would almost certainly result in death. It was a pity, he had enjoyed his workshop, but he was going to have to leave it. Thankfully it wouldn't be too difficult even if he had to leave the city on foot, given a day he would jsut be another warforged.

He grabbed her throat in his battlefist and crushed. "Then we see if your churches wrath can be worse than the great war. Given the death warrent is the same whether you are alive or dead our odds of survival improve when you are not capable of identifying us."
OUT OF CHARACTER
She has about 10 seconds before he crushes hard enough for a coup degrace

 

Last edited by draconas on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Galeth just stands calmly, hoping someone else will now do something.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:48 pm

As Art approaches, she says, "Offer expired." As she says that, she works her hands through the goo, says a word, and vanishes.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”