Church of the Silver Flame(Art,Auric,Galeth,Goratash,Rain)

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Damn, was trying to get art to just bring her with

 


"Well now, this is a mess. First hunted, then assaulted, repeatedly, now THIS? Damn, I was never this popular, ever. And somehow I don't think I want to be. We need to get out of here. Now."

Rain quickly looks for some sort of escape route, mayhaps a secret door.

"Quick, bar the door!"
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Auric says, "Well, no more false accusations in front of our faces, except our back. Come lets leave this place, it would be a sore sight to see the Dark Lanterns." and he walks away from the room.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Wouldn't matter, since she would have been able to get away either way.

 


irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Tue May 01, 2007 5:56 am

Goratash again shakes his head

"This is just getting more and more difficult."

He looks for anything that can be used as a disguise.

[OOC Man that power has pretty much been useless so far. Either the target has free action (i.e., immune to entangling) or makes her concentration check and casts a spell to escape) /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue May 01, 2007 8:23 am

"Short range teleport. We should leave with haste." Art moves to do exactly that.

"The passage north leads to the main congreation area. Once we are there I can create a fog cloud to aid our escape."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Tue May 01, 2007 9:33 am

Goratash says,

"Wait a second Art. Perhaps I can boost our speed so that we can get out quicker."

Goratash manifests Skate on those who come forward. [OOC +15 enhancement bonuse to speed for 5 minutes. /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Tue May 01, 2007 10:38 am

Galeth follows along on the route chosen by the others.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue May 01, 2007 7:17 pm

Rain begins searching for a trap door. The rest of the party ignores his advice and throws the door open instead of barring it shut.

As the rest of the party makes their way out the door, they find the hall empty, save the webbing with two archers and a crying acolyte to their left. Peeking around the corner into the main congregation area, you see the Reverand Akhala and other church members talking to four city guards. Another three guards are just entering. They don't seem to spot you yet.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue May 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Auric whispers to the rest, "Help Rain locate a hidden door, temples such as these always has one especially to those who are supposed to be privvy to secrets of the order. We won't be leaving this way, unless we want the city guard to recognize us."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 am

Rain continues on with his search, hoping to find something that takes them all away from the madness that is the Temple of the Silverflame, all the while muttering to himself in elvish about trying to do the right thing.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 02, 2007 8:29 am

How well is Rain searching? Is he taking a 10? A 20? It is a fairly sizable room. Where is he searching in the room? Walking around the room scanning, he didn't find anything. Does he want to conduct a more thorough search or move on to another part of the temple?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Wed May 02, 2007 1:37 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Considering Rain's profession, he'd check places he'd put a trap door or escape route. The standard "elves that pass within 5 ft. get an auto-check" should do just fine. After that, it's on to the next part of the temple.

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Wed May 02, 2007 3:36 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Right so who is actually where here, because art is in favour of a quick exit through the front door as opposed to searching for a secret exit whilst the guards build up. Art is peeking round the corner into the congregration area, ready to cast, Rain is searching the office, where is everyone else?

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 02, 2007 3:42 pm

draconas wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Right so who is actually where here, because art is in favour of a quick exit through the front door as opposed to searching for a secret exit whilst the guards build up. Art is peeking round the corner into the congregration area, ready to cast, Rain is searching the office, where is everyone else?

 

Auric and Goratash are with you, as well. Goratash manifested skate upon everyone who came forward (my fault for not determining who had stepped forward, so please post if you received Skate). Galeth said he would follow the group, and since three constitutes a group much more than one does, he must have gone with the group looking to the front door.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Wed May 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Yes, Galeth followed with that bunch of folks.

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 pm

As all of us are inside the room, "I can web them and maybe from there we can have a fog bank and run straight through the doors pass the guards? What do you all think?" as he shrugs asking if what other ideas do they have.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I have Skates as well.

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 02, 2007 5:51 pm

Rain takes a quick walk around the office, and not finding any secret doors, decides to move on to another part of the temple. Out the door to the left is a mass of webs and to the right is where the rest of the party is checking around the corner, formulating a plan for escape.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 am

In a whipser: "I'm running out of options. Places this old should have secret passages... Webbing sounds good."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu May 03, 2007 4:03 am

Art whispered, "agreed. When he webs everyone come round to look and remember where the exit is - once I raise the fog you will only be able to see a few feet infront of you." He readied his scroll.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 03, 2007 8:12 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Which scroll is Art using? Does he have a scroll of Fog Cloud that I forgot about?

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu May 03, 2007 8:14 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
It's Obscuring mist sorry, it is on the character sheet under gear labelled SC: Obscuring mist

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 03, 2007 8:16 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Oh, when I came back to school, I copied everything over. I think I copied the wrong version of Art. Would you send me the correct copy?

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 03, 2007 8:25 am

Just for a visual, here is the situation right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 03, 2007 10:26 am

Auric prepares to cast his web. Where does Art want to stand when he casts Obscuring Mist? It will produce a 20' radius spread of mist centered on him.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu May 03, 2007 10:46 am

The cleric whispers, "Get ready to run through the doors, immediately and fast; split and make your way down to a small shrine in the Dragoneyes district of Lower Tavick's Landing, ask for Shalorn; and don't stop for anyone or anything." as he motions for Rain to come up fast. "This will be quick and hasty, but I think I can get them all. Cast the mist at the door, so they can't perceive as to our heading outside... clear?" Auric seems confident of their situation.

OUT OF CHARACTER
The Web will be on the guard centered so he gets all of them in an ambush as they all talk.

 


User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu May 03, 2007 11:41 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry though it was targetable In this case Art will case it once they are through the front door

 

Art nodded, "ready"

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Thu May 03, 2007 11:54 am

Goratash nods and readies himself to run as directed.
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Auric's spell goes off without a hitch, but one of the guards was out of the range of the web (although the party cannot see him, as he has complete cover from the web). They all start screaming for backup.

As Auric begins his spell, Rain begins casting a spell of his own. While neither Auric or Art identified the spellcasting with spellcraft, his disappearance might give you all a clue.

The rest of you start making your way for the exit, the skate power allowing you to glide along with ease.

The party can hear the doors swing open and they hear additional guards enter, although they cannot tell how many.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu May 03, 2007 3:18 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Usng an AP, I'll recast web as we move towards the door. This time at the guards who weren't caught by the earlier web.

 

"Meet at the Cogs with Khkkld, he knows what to do!" as Auric yells, yet in your mind you hear him saying, "Do NOT listen to what I just stated, continue as planned, or we're in trouble."

OUT OF CHARACTER
Since my spell message is still active, am just using it to its full potential. :)

 


User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu May 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Art will run for the door and decidewhere to drop his mist once he has seen outside.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Fri May 04, 2007 12:44 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting for clarification from valinor on where he wants the web spell

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”