Off to find Rain [Jear and Grug]

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Off to find Rain [Jear and Grug]

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:01 am

Jear, Grug, Rak, and Krusk head to Rain's abode. Rak look amazed as they walk towards Rain's mansion. Rak looks a bit nervous, like he thinks you will get in trouble for bringing a goblin even close to such a place. Krusk is too busy looking down an alley across the way from Rain's to notice where you are going.

"Which house?" he asks. After Jear points it out, he says, "Ok, Krusk be right back," as he begins down the alley.
Last edited by shai-hulud on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Jear watches him leave with curiousity. "Something... Hmmm..." Jear puts a hand on the Goblin'd head. "It looks like we wait."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:22 am

Krusk returns with a man. Krusk says, "You want tell Krusk who you are and why you here."

The man looks mesmerized by Krusk. He says, "Yes, I am Captain Holden of the King's Citadel. I am here to place Rain Talayin under arrest." After that, he shakes his head, "Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Krusk says, "You want go back to post now." The captain walks away back into the alley.

When the party knocks on the door, a female elf answers through the door. "Hello, I am sorry, but Rain is not home. I am housesitting for him. Please come back another time."

Krusk starts, "You want open door." The door opens.

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:15 am

Jear, amazed at the discovered talents of his "Body Gaurd", follows along and enters the house.

To the elf, he asks, "What has been learned so far?" Then he turns to his new friend and waits for him to work his magic in making her respond.

While she is doing so, he scans the room looking for things that are different from the last time he was here. He knows there is no chance in finding Rain here, but he is looking for a clue. Either from what has been learned by the ones here investigating, or by searching though the house. More than likely there would be a secret room or storage places that Rain would hide stuff in. Maybe even a passageway out to an emergecy hidey Hole. Regardless, it was a start.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:11 am

The elf woman looks terrified as Krusk, Jear, Rak, and Grug barge in. She stumbles, "No, I wasn't supposed to open the door! You should leave! I am looking after his house. As you can see, he has nothing you want to take!""

In response to Jear's question, "I don't understand. What do you mean what has been learned so far? I should know not to open the door. I don't even know why I did it!"

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:01 am

Grug pushes past the elf woman, ignoring her comments. {assuming that happens without incident}

Grug staggers into the closest quiet room, sits down with his back propped on the wall, and closes his eyes. After a few moments he begins muttering something under his breath over and over again.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:52 pm

"You really expect me to believe that you don't work for the city, and are here to try to arrest Rain? Explain then the gaurds stationed outside. No tell me what you know. I would hate to let my friend have his way with you."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:57 pm

"I work for Rain. He had to go. People are after him. He told me to look after his house. I agreed. He said that if people came looking for him, I should leave. I think this is my cue to leave. Thank you for dropping by!"

She runs into another room.

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:51 pm

Jear makes an attempt to tackle her before she can get away.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:01 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Uhm... I believe most of you guys met Rain's assistant at his shop.

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:46 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
They did not remember each other, apparently :-p. Sorry about that. My fault. I forgot they met.

She evades Jear's grasp and jumps out the back way. When Jear looks out, she is gone.

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am

Cursing, Jear begins to give a thorough search of the room. If he can't find anything there, he will move to the next. And the next. Jear is looking for anything that might be considered a clue. He also takes his time in each room looking for hidden exits or panels.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Looking around, Jear finds the place much the way it was last time... nearly barren. But, on the bright side, he does find the escape hatch. Unfortunately, it leads down an alley into a busy street. There is no way he will find the elf woman in the midday crowd.

For the next day or so, Jear looks around for clues, but to no avail.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:08 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Jear had better be careful... Rain's place is a lot like a rogue's fun house... Fun for the rogue, hell for everyone else who doesn't know it's workings :twisted:

Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Jear, on finding nothing, and giving Grug a chance to sober up, heads back with the rest to the University to find out an update on the others that had been incarcerated.

After that he will lead his small band to the meeting scheduled at noon.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 pm

I would like to mention that Jear was told not to go searching in Rain's house much (by Rain himself) because it is full of traps. Jear did notice a passage in Rain's room, but it was locked and trapped. Would Jear like to tempt fate to try to make his way through?

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Why yes he would. Jear's bored!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:46 pm

As Jear is searching around, he sees the stairs to the third floor. Rain had warned him not to go up there. He said that it might be dangerous, but in Jear's boredom, he decides to check it out.

He heads to the top of the stairs, and just as he reaches the top, he knocks loose a floorboard with a spring under it. He deftly hops away before it launches him back down the stairs.

Do you continue?

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Jear is still delightfully bored. He does continue.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Ok, Jear checks the door and finds it locked. He brings out his trusty lockpicks and has the door open in moments. Continuing down the hall, he notices several doors. Turning to the first, he checks it. He finds that it is trapped. Attempting to disarm the trap, he sets it off. A poisonous needle punctures his skin, and he falls unconscious. Grug wakes him up the following day.

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:49 am

Jear then kicks in the door, and from the doorway, examins the room.

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 am

Happily relieved that his friend isn't dead he says, "Jear maybe not good idea to search Rain house."
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

TOS 100+

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:01 am

"I am far tired of being lead around and told what to do or what not to do. Then when a plan is made, fate moves things around prohibiting us from going though with it. Today I make my own fate."

Jear continues to survey the room from the doorway before moving forward. Not concerned with what treasures Rain may be storing, Jear is looking for a clue to where the thief may be hiding. he really angered on why Rain has not made an attempt to contact him or any of the other's that are not in jail.

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:25 pm

Grug nods his head slightly and says, "I understand. Be careful." He then waits outside the doorway to keep a distant eye on Jear while he goes exploring.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

TOS 100+

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:35 pm

Just as Jear begins into the room, he and Grug hear loud footsteps on the stairs behind him. Krusk and Rak are nowhere to be found (neither of them seem to be in the house). Startled by the noise, Jear freezes for a moment, and just in time. He was about to trigger a trip-wire on the rug at the entrance of the bedroom he was about to enter.

Looking at the bedroom, it is a decent-sized room, larger than the bedrooms downstairs. While better furnished than those rooms, it is not even close to the standards that a house such as Rain's deserves. The craftsmanship looks tacky, and very out-of-place in the elegance of the room's design.

The room has two dressers and a bed. On the other side are two doors.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:26 pm

Out of nowhere a voice speaks:

"Jear, you're lucky you're not dead."

Rain materializes out of thin air as he finishes his sentence.

"I told you, warned you, not to come up here."

He looks relatively pissed.

"I've been running about for the past few days trying to find a way to spring our friends from jail... Lady Morr is insane, by the way. Also, because of this, my business is somewhat compromised. I do not like that."

His look of anger fades.

"But I am glad to see neither of you are dead or in jail, which is good, as you can help me spring our friends."
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 am

Jear points his finger at Rain. "I was looking for a clue to find you. You vanish without a trace while people we are aligned with are locked away. You never show yourself or attempt to make contact with any of the others. You don't look stupid enough to think you could get them out of jail all by yourself. You want to explain why you never bothered to contact us?"

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:34 am

Once he realizes it's Rain, Grug lowers his weapon and smiles. "Good see you Rain. Where you been?"
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

TOS 100+

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 am

"I had no idea where to find either of you, to be honest. Since the mess at the Silverflame, I've been evading capture. And yes, if it was necissary, I would have tried to rescue them by myself."
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

beltzclan
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by beltzclan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:43 pm

"Rain, you and Grug are the only ones of our ragtag group that I get along with. I trust the both of you. I understand we are of both the same profession, and because of that I know you look out for your own neck and interest first. Still I feel I know where I stand with you. The both of you have become more family to me than my own blood kin. I am an outcast because of my.... uncontrollable obsessions. And I have lost much of my Elven ways. So understand me when I say the following that it comes from kindred bond: You ever pull a dissapearing act like that again and I will stab you in the back so fast you won't even realize it was me."

Jear glares at him second and then passes him as he begins to head back down the stairs. "Now lets go get our friends out of jail. One way or another." Then almost yelling, "And where on the ninth plain of Hell have Krusk and Rak gone to?"

Jear's calm demeanor had evaporated like a spent scroll. he virtually stomped back down the stairs.

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”