Welcome to Graywall (Droaam party)

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:42 pm

Ceroill wrote:Galeth readies for the next wave
What next wave? You mean the next battle? You need to survive this one first :-P.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I thought there were multiple waves of kobolds to come, and this was the first one.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:31 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
No, this was the last one. There were three waves.

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:33 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
D'oh! I'll revise actions, then.

Galeth will go to attack the nearest kobold

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Goratash's construct shimmers into existence right behind a group of kobolds and swings at it, knocking one down. Goratash's incorporeal construct closes the distance as hits another kobolds with its touch. Goratash shoots into the melee and takes down a third.

Next, Galeth, now freed from the webbing, rushes in and rips a kobold's head from its shoulders.

Auric decides to remove himself from the epicenter of kobold attacks and steps to the side. His swing with his scimitar is wild and he misses horribly.

Art Punches a kobold and takes it down.

The kobolds around art shift to keep the flank (the ones shown "on top" of the fallen column are actually beneath it). All five attack and three hit [4 hp damage].

Next, the kobolds at the top of the board rush down to attack Galeth. Another one of the kobolds remains in its position to attack Galeth.

The rest five-foot step to attack Auric, trying to keep a flank. Two of the five hit [2 hp damage].

Because the picture is becoming difficult to see, Goratash has not moved. Auric is two squares above him. Goratash's new construct is one square diagonally up and to the right from him. Galeth is four squares above the new construct. The first construct summoned construct is to his right. Art has not moved. The rest are kobolds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:06 pm

[OOC If the construct "disabled" a kobold - it has cleave. Does it look like the half-orc? Is it naked too? The "image" was chosen for crowd "effect". /OOC]

Goratash shoots at one of the kobolds near Art and then reloads [OOC Art looks "lonely" over there. Goratash is going to be running out of bolts real soon - only had 10 /OOC]

The nightmare and construct will attack kobolds as necessary. [OOC go "tag team" :) /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:01 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You are correct. I forgot to post it. He got a natural one for the cleave attack.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Auric? Galeth? Any actions this round? Or just attacks?

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:17 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Because combat has been stagnating, I will post actions for those who did not post that will hopefully be a little more enjoyable and more in the flavor of what I was hoping to see more of. With the introduction of stunts, the better described a maneuver is, the better chance it has of success, so here are my attempts (and failures) at having characters make use of their talents. I hope this will invigorate combat a little to be more than 'I attack ... with ...'

Goratash fires another bolt, provoking an attack of opportunity from the kobold right next to him. The kobold swings wide, but Goratash's bolt flies true taking down a kobold, even amid the melee. The two constructs attack their foes. The orc-looking construct (with cleave), quickly slams into two kobolds around Auric. The incorporeal nightmare hits a kobold and knocks him out, as well.

Galeth tries something risky and grabs one of the kobolds behind him, then tumbling into a backwards summersault, attempts to throw the kobold at his ally on the other side of him. He is hoping to knock down both kobolds and possibly knock them out from the impact of being pelted with one of their allies. As Galeth attempts to grab the kobold, he takes a swing (attack of opportunity). The other kobold also gain attacks of opportunity for Galeth leaving his threatened square. Both attacks miss him. Galeth successfully grabs the kobold and pulls him down into his tumble, lauching him at his ally. The kobold flies into his ally's head, snapping the neck of the one who was thrown while knocking the other unconscious.

Next, Auric, who is now surrounded by only three kobolds, attempts to take down as many as he can. He performs a maneuver that he has not practiced which his tribe calls a whirlwind attack. Ill prepared, he decides to try it anyway (he does not have the whirlwind attack feat). He misses horribly and nearly falls over from the attempt. The inexperience shows and all three take swings at him, but without the flank, their swings are wild and they miss every attack.

Finally, Art cleans up his end, breaking the flank, only to have one of the remaining kobolds run around to recreate the flank. Art took him out, as well.

The remaining kobolds swing ineffectively at the group.

In the next round, the group cleans up the remaining kobolds. No damage was taken this round.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:44 am

[OOC hmm let's see Goratash shot 8 bolts and hit 6 times, not too shabby. Gotta get some bolts though. Is this a round robin style or fight until you drop type of arena? I mean do we get to rest out of the next match or hurridly catch our breath and get ready for the next one immediately? / OOC]

Trying to gather the group back together Goratash says:

"How is everyone faring so far? We need to work better together though if we plan on making it through the next round in better shape than the kobolds did."
Claim your Birthright!!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Fight till you drop. Once you post preparations, I will start a new thread with the next fight. They are currently clearing out the kobolds, and their traps. Two giants are able to lift the heavy pillars, so the arena is cleared rather quickly.

There seems to be some concern over something, but it is difficult to make out. Eventually, one of the medusas who is overseeing the matches points at the party, shakes her head no, then shakes her head yes. Galeth has no problem hearing the entire conversation. I will post it here, but keep in mind that only Galeth has heard this.

There are a lot of dead here. Looks like these newcomers don't much care about preserving the arena's fate. If they kill all of our combatants, how will we have future fights? Take a look to see which ones were killed.

Several goblins and hobgoblins begin searching the arena, ripping tags off corpses. The medusa looks through some papers that she is holding and says, It looks like the majority were all killed by the combatant known as Galeth. The warforged over there. The medusa points at the party, and Galeth can feel the finger pointing at him.

The goblins and hobgoblins say, The one with... (they describe a feature of Art). The medusa shakes her head and says No, the other one.. To which the goblins and hobgoblins describe a feature of Galeth, and the medusa nods. What are we gonna do about it? the goblinoids ask. Well, the crowd is pretty happy with the elven priest for his summonings, even though I don't think the priest had anything to do with the last two. Also, the other warforged is pretty well liked. I mean, he charges off on his own to battle swarms of those kobolds. Give those two something to help them out. Preferably some form of healing, as they seem to take a beating. Give Galeth some cursed items. Don't do anything special for the kalashtar. He stays out of melee, anyway.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Goratash looking at his friends glances at the medusa and others watching and says:

"Looks like we made an impression. I'm down to 2 bolts, anyone have any to spare? Anyone have an idea what the next scenario is?"
Claim your Birthright!!!

Ceroill
BARON
BARON

Post by Ceroill » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:04 am

Galeth will translate for them, then comments, "It seems I am not popular."

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:57 am

"I don't use crossbows, so sorry Goratash." aches the priest.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Once healed up, he'll try to ready some buffs and apologizes that his spells are mainly self beneficial at this point.

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by irdeggman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:05 am

[OOC Need to see who our opponent is before making specific "plans". / OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:44 am

[OOC trying to get back into posting, ta for autoing art. Overall how much damage did he take and yep, will want to know what we are facing next so I mcan pick spells]

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:20 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Next up, you are told, are the goblin riders.

Total Damage:
Auric 22
Art 22
Galeth 2

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”