[Droaam party] Tsoxan

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Galeth's action is still as stated.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:46 am

How injured does the ogre look?

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:12 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
It looks like it just took a blast rod to the face :D. It does not look terrible, but you can tell it got hit.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:14 am

Art will discharge his second blast rod in its face then.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:33 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting for Goratash

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:27 pm

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting for Goratash

 

[OOC Shouldn't be.

I posted a long time ago.

Thur Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Can't figure out how to link to the post or I would. /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 pm

irdeggman wrote:
shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting for Goratash

 

[OOC Shouldn't be.

I posted a long time ago.

Thur Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Can't figure out how to link to the post or I would. /OOC]
The results of that action were posted:
here wrote:Goratash manifests his Dream Spirit. It attacks B10, who nearly falls to the single attack (crit hit!)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:17 pm

[OOC How did I miss that?

Sorry.

I would have posted a long time ago othewise.
[/OOC]

DS moves to C9 and contiues to attack the same opponent as last time.

Goratash draws his dagger and attacks the spider {+2 attack 1d4-1 damage} [OOC sucks to be a psion in melee :lol: /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Art yells t goratash. "FORGET THE SPIDER. KILL THE OGRE"

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Goratash speaks back to Art rather bruskly

"With what pray tell?

This spider will keep me from pretty much doing anything else and all I have is this dagger. Remember when I asked about crossbow bolts?

I am working on the spellcasters by the way" He nudges his head in the direction of his Dream Spirit.

[OOC By the way the DS should have been placed in C 11 not B 9. If it couldn't manifest there - Goratash should know it. I am assuming it was an "accidental" misplacement though and should not really have an effect, except maybe any "movement" by the baddies. / OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:16 pm

"Isn't going to make any difference when the ogre kills us all!" Art didn't bother commenting that he had already delt with the crossbow bolts. Stopping the ogre turning them into paste was his prioirty, though having used his blast rod he was fresh out of firepower.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:08 am

Auric delays his action for after Galeth, then he will decide what to do.

Goratash attacks the spider, and his dagger pokes one of its legs. His spirit harasses the goblins, but misses its attack.

Galeth steps into the Ogre's space and attempts to grab the axe from its hands. The risky move seems doomed to fail, seeing as how the Ogre is larger and stronger than Galeth. The move's futility rouses the audience as they watch the warforged try to wrestle the axe from the ogre.

Auric takes action now, moving right up behind Galeth, then side-stepping in to attack the ogre with his bronzewood scimitar. Auric's maneuver confuses the ogre who leaves an opening in his armor exposed. Auric's blade slices right into the ogre's exposed flesh (critical hit).

Art draws his second blast rod and fires it at the ogre. Again, the powerful blast shakes him in his boots, but he remains standing! He looks very wobbly, but his rage keeps him going full strength!

The crossbow wielding goblins reload their crossbows, then fire at the casters, again their bolts are deflected into Art's protected body. [Art regains 1 hp from his necklace]

The spearmen, though, charge! Four of them charge at Galeth, all of them missing. Two charge Art, one hitting, although not dealing enough damage to break his damage reduction. Four charge Auric (3 hits for 10 damage total). Two attack Goratash (although the spider provides him partial cover from one). Both attackers miss.

Further enraged by Art's second blast rod, the ogre attempts to overrun both Auric and Galeth (Ordinarily, overrun can only be used against one opponent, but as the ogre is large, it makes sense that he can overrun two adjacent obstacles to his target). Auric and Galeth both get attacks of opportunity. Auric will simply swing his scimitar again. What would Galeth like to do? After Auric swings, he will get out of the way of the ogre (rather than attempt to block). Would Galeth like to try to block the ogre?

The heavy crossbow goblins move to behind the spearmen and fire around their friends at Art (who is the only enemy within sight). None of them deal any damage to the well protected Art.

Finally, the goblins in B10 and B11 do their thing (I was not terribly worried about the actual position of the dream spirit, as Goratash cannot see it around the big ogre in his way, although I adjusted its position... as far as what it is doing, Goratash has no idea nor any ability to directly control its actions. It will act to the best of its abilities, attacking what it believes to be Goratash's enemies.)

The spider bites Goratash's arm [3 hp damage].

Total damage/hp remaining:
Art 7 (37)
Goratash 3 (43)
Auric 10 (22)
Last edited by shai-hulud on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:09 am

Next round will begin after the Ogre's actions are completed (waiting for reply from Ceroil about Galeth's Attack of Opportunity and whether he chooses to block the overrun attempt).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:00 am

Galeth will take his attack, stunning fist. He will try to get out of the way of the overrun

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:05 am

Galeth strikes the ogre, but the impact does not phase the raging giant (made the fort save vs. stunning, took damage for attack as normal).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:43 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
hardly surprising, it rarely works even on medium sized folks, but I felt why not give it a try

 


irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:59 am

Goratash hopes his Dream Spirit can be effective and buy the group time.

Goratash manifests defensively an energy ray (electric) against Ogre.

DC = 16 for manifesting defensively (15 + 1st level power), Concentration check modifer +11.

Putting 4 pp into power (ranged touch attack, +3 due to opponent wearing "metal" armor, 4d6 damage) - total too hit mod (+8 (+5 base ranged, +3 for metal armored target))

[OOC Any noticeable effect from the circlet when manifestng the Dream Spirit? It is a metacreativity power.

Please don't forget the concealing amorpha and that 20% miss chance for anyone trying to attack Goratash. Too bad I couldn't get GCA (which would have prevented AoO due to total concealment ; ( / OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Auric will do the same as before seeing who needs healing and attacking if and when able.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:48 am

Art will take a 5 foot step forward and get pummeling that ogre with his battlefist.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:29 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ceroill, do you want an action this round? Your attack of opportunity does not take up your action for this round, as it occurred last round.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:27 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Oops. I lost track of timing. Thanks

 

Galeth will also use his battlefist as best he can, doing a flurry, and using up another stunning blow attempt on the initial strike. (might as well)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, school has begun and my time is very limited. I should have time to post a validation tomorrow.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:11 am

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, school has begun and my time is very limited. I should have time to post a validation tomorrow.

 

[OOC Thought as much. I hate it when Real Life gets in the way of the important things. ; ) /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:17 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Same here Shai, as you may well notice my delays.

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Looking through the rules on overrun, I am not sure where Galeth and Auric would have ended up in that situation. I see no reason to stop the ogre from making the overrun attack (even though it might be against the rules as written), but the fact that both Galeth and Auric moved during combat might have provoked attacks of opportunity from all goblins with longspears in range. I have decided to ignore those attacks of opportunity.

Goratash successfully manifests his power. As he attempts to fire it, though, the raging ogre staring at his tries to bat him out of the way (ranged attacks made in melee provoke attacks of opportunity). The giant's axe hits and hits hard! [42 damage]. The spider and one of the goblin spearmen also take attacks of opportunity, but both miss. Perhaps the power of the blow took him off balance, but the attack misses.

Galeth performs a flurry of blows against the ogre. Between his haste and the fact that the ogre is flanked, his first attack and his third attack both hit (he receives one bonus attack from haste). His powerful fist slams into the ogre, and the large fellow looks like it is barely capable of standing.

Auric and Art both take two swings each at the ogre, but miss. Auric regains a hit point of health from his amulet.

The crossbowmen all reload their crossbows, then move into position behind the crossbowmen, waiting for an opportunity to fire.

Six spearmen attack Galeth and three hit [12 damage]. Two attack Art, and one hits [1 hp damage]. One attack Goratash, but misses. Six attack Auric, but only one hits [3 hp damage].

The ogre's axe is turned towards Galeth again, for he has produced the most recent damage. Nearly cleaving Galeth in two, he strikes the warforged! [38 damage] The force of his own attack causes him to begin bleeding from the wounds already inflicted (he was at 0 hp after Galeth's last attack). He falls to the ground (I am leaving him on the battlefield simply for positioning. Stepping in those squares is now possible, but counts as difficult terrain and requires two move per square.)

The heavy crossbowmen reload their crossbows.

Again, it is not terribly clear what is happening with the two goblins in the back labeled B (too much commotion in front of them). It appears that the dream spirit is faring well against them so far. (The only effect is a +1 to manifester level, so the dream spirit will last one additional round. Once Goratash's manifester level increases one more, the spirit's attack will deal one additional damage.)

The spider attacks Goratash again, but misses.

Goratash again feels his mind thrust invading his mind, but again, he shrugs off the power easily (another natural 20 on the saving throw).

Total damage (hp remaining):

Art 8 (36)
Auric 12 (20)
Galeth 50 (3)
Goratash 45 (1)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shai-hulud on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:04 pm

Art will move to Q10 and defensively infuse Galeth with a repair moderate damage. (Repair 2d8+6+3 damage).

He yelled at Auric "you need to be next to me!"

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Ceroill » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Galeth nods, in gratitude. "Thank you."

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:38 pm

shai-hulud wrote:.

Goratash successfully manifests his power. As he attempts to fire it, though, the raging ogre staring at his tries to bat him out of the way (ranged attacks made in melee provoke attacks of opportunity). The giant's axe hits and hits hard! [42 damage]. The spider and one of the goblin spearmen also take attacks of opportunity, but both miss. Perhaps the power of the blow took him off balance, but the attack misses (-4 penalty for firing into melee, and you missed an additional +1 for your haste... the attack instead hit Auric [12 damage] because you were within four of your target's AC).
[OOC This only works if Auric was providing "soft cover" since that variant rule is for striking "cover" and not merely for missing.

Did you account for the 20% miss chance on all of those AoO due to concealment? (probably won't matter, but heck it is still a 1 in 5 shot).

On the miss against the ogre (you said it was within 4 of that needed so it is worth asking about.) Did you account for the +3 (electric attack against foe wearing metal armor? The -2 Dex mod for raging (hence a -1 to touch AC) and of course the size modifier for AC (which counts for touch attacks.) The electric attack modifier is one that is easily overlooked. /OOC]
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

irdeggman
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:04 am
Location: Virginia Beach - VA, USA

Post by irdeggman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:12 pm

Goratash takes a 5 ft step back and manifests defensively. [OOC I assume the longspearman can still threaten him even with the step. / OOC]


Puts out another Dream Spirit (places it at P15 and attacking the target attacking Goratash).

DC = 18 for manifesting defensively (15 + 3rd level power), Concentration check modifer +11. Use an AP for this check, if result on d20 is a 3-6.
Claim your Birthright!!!
http://www.birthright.net/

Image

Image - Krunch the handsomest half-giant

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:22 pm

irdeggman wrote:[OOC This only works if Auric was providing "soft cover" since that variant rule is for striking "cover" and not merely for missing.

Did you account for the 20% miss chance on all of those AoO due to concealment? (probably won't matter, but heck it is still a 1 in 5 shot).

On the miss against the ogre (you said it was within 4 of that needed so it is worth asking about.) Did you account for the +3 (electric attack against foe wearing metal armor? The -2 Dex mod for raging (hence a -1 to touch AC) and of course the size modifier for AC (which counts for touch attacks.) The electric attack modifier is one that is easily overlooked. /OOC]
You are correct. Auric should not have taken damage. Goratash simply missed.

You don't roll miss percentages until you confirm whether an attack hits or not. Since only one attack hit, I only rolled miss chance once. The ogre still hit. As for your attack roll, I took into account your base of 5. I took into account the +3 from the foe wearing metal armor. I took into account your +1 from haste. I took into account the ogre's raging -2 modifier to AC, hence a -2 modifier to touch AC (not a -2 Dex modifier. Raging has no such Dex modifier). I took into account the ogre's Large size.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”