The gangs <are> all here... (Rain only - contains spoilers)

Sharn, the City of Towers, is known as a place to find anything. As Night rises, this city's mettle will be put to the test.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

The gangs <are> all here... (Rain only - contains spoilers)

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 am

As Rain enters the room, his jaw drops. Standing before him are some of the top ranking members of each criminal organization in Sharn. He sees Saidan Boromar and Mala d'Jorasco (the leader of the Boromar clan and his wife--halflings), Cavallah (leader of the Daask, she is an ogre mage), Thora Tavin (leader of House Tarkanan-human female), and Ek (leader of the Tyrants-unknown gender and race, currently looks like a human).

Arriving, Rain feels as though he has just walked into a trap... and indeed he has. All of the criminal masterminds within Sharn are here, together, under one roof. Mortal enemies (represented by Saidan Boromar and Cavallah) are standing beside neutral criminal organizations. All are watching Rain enter, cruel half-smiles across their faces.

Why hello, Rain! What was it you wanted to meet with me about? asks Ek.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: The gangs <are> all here... (Rain only - contains spoilers)

Post by Catalyst » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Rain regains his composure after a half a moment and a half grin/half smile crosses his lips.

Hm. Good to see the gangs are all here. Now that it would seem hunting me is a moot point, we can speak... Freely.

He nods to each clan head in turn.

What does each of you want from me? Because clearly, I am here now for a reason, as I do not believe in chance.

He pauses.

I know what others want from you all... If you'd like, I will gladly enlighten you, but since you are in the company of Ek, if your fortunes are great enough, he could enlighten you, as well.

He takes a breath and continues before they have a chance to respond.

But I can tell you what I know... In regards to your gold, Saidan, we were set up by a succubus. How she knew what we were carrying, when we were carrying it, I do not know. But she took the guise of one of our companions, betrayed us, and made off with your gold. She now goes by the identity of Lady Il'yuendra of House Phiarlan. She says there's one way she can give me back the gold to return to you, which by the way I still have fifty thousand of because I kept a chest hidden in a very special bag just in case something like this happened. She wants my companions and I to kill Ilyra, which I do not particularly want to do considering I do not like being blackmailed. If I don't, that gold is to be used to bribe Bestan ir'Tonn. What are the terms, you might wonder? Favor the Daask over Clan Boromar, break up your hold on Sharn and let them have some time in power. Well, we can't really have that, either, can we? No offense, Cavallah, but I am not particularly fond of you and yours methods of operation. And despite having tried to kill me numerous times, I hold a certain amount of loyalty to my previous employers.

I ended up in House Tarkanan by pure and dumb luck. Long story involved in that, mostly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but that's sort of why the contract on my life was not carried out. Apparently, I'm related to that House, in a way.

And Cavallah, while I certainly know you would love to grasp every ounce of power in Sharn, your methods have always been a bit more brutal. Perhaps there is someone, that succubus for example, in the shadows willing to go the extra mile... balls-deep in espionage and subterfuge, to bribe a Council member decades friendly to your sworn enemy to gain you favor? I do not know your role in this and quite frankly, it intrigues me to think that perhaps your presumed benefactor can pull this off. Regardless, I really could not allow that to happen, as I'm sure you would understand.

He paces a moment.

And Ek, peddler of information. If knowledge is power it's sad to see that you have yet to get a crown to mark you king of Sharn's underworld. I went to Ek to get information. I need plans of ir'Tain manor and a copy of the guest list to the gala.. How else am I going to steal a horde of stolen gold during their gala and return it to my previous employers and business partners?

Though, if you must know, there was another part of my plan, Saidan, that nobody was aware of... not even my people. That backstabbing bitch was, if possible, to be trapped and brought to you.

He stands, relaxed, waiting for a response.
SpoilerShow
Jerand... This is not good.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: The gangs <are> all here... (Rain only - contains spoilers)

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Ek smiles and nods, There is more to this than you have revealed, is there not? Was it not one of your friends who invited a half-orc named Krusk to join your group? Was it not Krusk who was the betrayer that orchestrated the theft of the gold in the first place?

Saidan's expression changes slightly, but he remains quiet.

Ek continues, And when you encountered this trouble, the Boromar Clan told you to fix the problem, but offered you no real method for doing so? You have since been spending your own wealth attempting to gain answers. Some of the information you have, however, is dubious. Bestan ir'Tonn has too much vested in Boromar interests. Even 150,000gp would not be enough to buy him off. You see, we have more than enough information on Bestan to have him executed. He knows this. The easiest method of his escape would be to contact us to help him. He has done no such thing. So, why accept 150,000gp as a bribe? Something is wrong with your line of thinking. Perhaps you should have come to us earlier to fill in the blanks.

Saidan's expression firms again as he hear's Ek's reassurance that Rain is wrong about Bestan.

But... I do agree that the gold you lost will be at the gala. I can easily get you the plans you need. In fact, I can also get you a great deal more than that, including up to 50,000gp worth of supplies for your endeavor. Just let me know what you need. Expenses are covered. Isn't that right? Ek asks as he looks at the gathering. All of them smile and nod sinisterly. Well, we are still missing two key players here. Hopefully they will arrive shortly.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Return to “{PbP} Sharn: The Rising Night [ENDED]”