Status and Starting soon

An entirely abusive world in which level 100 characters have to band together or be wiped out as the world itself is subjected to the will of Sunbolt and the members of this forum! OR maybe it's just about fun role play. . . .
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Status and Starting soon

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:37 am

At this time I'm still waiting for everyone to get me their characters - I'd like to start this week - so if you have not sent in your character this week - I'm going to move down the waiting list.

For those of you on the waiting list - or who have sent me a character concept and I haven't said anything - start making your characters and pm me to check your status (just in case I missed sending a pm to someone...)

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Ok, I will try to get my character to you asap... just trying to sort out my 60+ feats...
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:36 pm

I just sent you my character to your email :).

I think it is all set up, but you might want to make some fine tuning changes. Especially with my Persistent Spell. It makes a lot of long-term changes to my character.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:40 am

i purposely picked a class combo that would only give me 38 feats... i just didn't want to be bothered with them all
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:02 am

Everything good to go with my charcter Jax?
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:49 pm

About half the characters are in - I'd like to see the others ASAP. The epic spells, epic weapons and otherwise outrageous requests are slowing things up. To date I've had people ask me for a kingdom of their own (because of a legendary leadership score) an enormous ship, a pet dragon/familiar, a level 60 cohort, an entire dimension/demiplane etc.

Most of these requests have actually been granted - since it won't matter in this game if you have a whole country or whole world to call home.... where you'll be those things won't!
:twisted:

The reason you're limited to 1M gold is that is about all you'll be carrying/having access to during this advnture. The rest of your vast fortunes will be stowed away, invested, or otherwise untouchable for whatever reasons your little hearts can think of.

As for epic levels of magic and psionics/ Well - I believe at those levels you'ld have to spend a considerable amount of your personal resources (beyond cash - we're talking time!) to gain an understanding of magics that strong, and even the unleashing of those magics will be difficult even after you've perfected the spells. In some cases the spells may be months or even years in the making! In order to do that - your spell would really have to interest you - (some of you have already heard this...) so... please limit the number of spells you pm me to 3 or less - and NO POWER GAMING. You're a level 100 character. If you want a spell that doesn't exist or want to create a spell that defies the limitations of an earlier spell, that's one thing. On the other hand if you want to be invulnerable in battle, or have a spell that takes all the risk out of an adventure, then no dice.

For example a chain contingency spell that automatically true resurrects you, casts epic mage armor on you and then resets itself to activate again would be within the scope of an epic spell as it's written. BUT I won't approve it.

A spell that makes you ethereal and untouchable to ghost weapons while still allowing you to attack is likewise a no go.

A spell that gives you temporary hitpoints equal to your max health for 24 hours, but then leaves you with non-lethal damage equal to the number of temporary hit points of damage you lost during that time - on the other hand - would intrigue me a great deal, and most likly get a yes vote.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

TOS 100+

Post by Icefire » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:45 pm

I don't mean to be a pest but do you have a starting date?
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:09 pm

You're not being a pest - I've run into a snag getting some of the characters - hopefully the last will come today.

Another issue is that some of the players have way powered up their characters - more so than others. There's a balance issue I'm trying to rectify to make sure the game runs smoothly and is eqully challenging.

Some players chose characters that took one or two effects to the max - which is fine - a few others explored an interesting concept - also cool. But two have become problematic, and while they followed the guidelines I laid down to the letter - the result is difficult to incorporate.

Finally, some of you didn't integrate all of your feats into the sheet - leaving me to check things in the notes and try to work out prerequisite info and other issues of what the character can actually do!.

Bottom line - ouchies for me.

But the game will start this month and hopefully this coming week.

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:10 pm

i'm assuming that if we havnt been getting pm's our character is pretty much fine?
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:51 pm

guysorrow wrote:i'm assuming that if we havnt been getting pm's our character is pretty much fine?
If you haven't received an e-mail or pm, then everything should be fine. But when I get the last character and tweak the last bits - if I need a change, I'll let you know.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:51 pm

OK -- I'm working now on the last issues with people... (My excell 2007 keeps crashing making this less fun... ) Also, someone sent me an MCS rather than a TOS file... which is making life really fun at level 100! (Break down and get the tos+ already - it's so worth it!...)

I only have two more characters to print up and go through - but It's looking good for a start on Tuesday.

Return to “{PbP} The Outstanding Adventures of TOS 100+ [ENDED]”