After the contest

An entirely abusive world in which level 100 characters have to band together or be wiped out as the world itself is subjected to the will of Sunbolt and the members of this forum! OR maybe it's just about fun role play. . . .
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:24 am

Finally deciding to speak Jax steps forward and says, "I am no leader of armies. Like my kinsmen, I prefer to strike from the shadows when the time is right. I can serve this cause better as a scout or an assassin depending on what needs to be done at the time."
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:45 am

With the introductions seemingly out of the way...

"You have the expertise you need for this mission, I do hope - and if not, the sphere will take you first to what you need. If there is nothing else, simply form a circle around the sphere, join hands and your journey shall begin."

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:07 pm

While introductions were being made, Syasalil had been chanting quietly. Then she shut her eyes in silent concentration for a few moments. She comes out of her reverie with a concerned expression as the announcement is made that it is time to go.

"I am afraid that I have been able to discern little more. I know that it is Sehanine's will that I take this journey. It also is her will that you others join me.

"For Daryn and Garias, I warn that the actions of these witches will threaten that which you hold dear. For you others, while you may have no personal stake in this, or reason to obey Sehanine's will, know that I will be in your debt, should you join me.

"The witches, I have learned, are in service to some deity, being, or force. But who or what they serve is not yet known. Nor can I perceive what it is they summon. The summoning has begun, but is not yet complete, so I suspect we may have time, but precious little."

She turns to answer Emily's question, "You should all know that I have little skill as a warrior. My purpose is to guide, inspire, protect, and heal. I will say that the story told by Sharz the Blind is, for the most part true, although the teller was strongly biased in his perspective. He did not meet his sad fate at my command, though. It would have been my preference that the evil man be imprisoned for his deeds, or at least put mercifully to death, not maimed to serve as some sort of ghastly warning.

"Finally, I must tell you that I have been unable to discern where the Finding Stone will take us. It is unclear whether we will face immediate danger when we arrive. With that in mind, I recommend we prepare ourselves before we go."

Syasalil then sings along with her music, casting several spells (OOC: Status, Shield of Faith, Entropic Shield.) After that is done, she steps forward to start the circle around the Finding Stone.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Emily says, "I am as ready as I will every be," and steps up to the Finder's stone.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:50 pm

Daryn nods, "Jumping into the lion's den... this reminds me of by brash youth. I would like to think I plan things out better now, but I must admit, the danger has me exhilerated!

"As I mentioned earlier, part of my ability comes from my excellent invisibility. Nothing short of bumping into me can detect my presence, and then, you know only that something is there, not that it is me. With all of your permissions, I would like to enable my daily spells. I avoided them so as not to insult anyone, but should be be facing combat, I would like to be prepared! It will take me twenty two minutes for my two most powerful spells, then I should be ready. One of my spells is a telepathic bond that will allow us to communicate with each other, should you all agree to that. If you would not, let me know, and I will exclude you from its casting."

So long as no one objects, Daryn casts his complement of buffing spells. Daryn makes no movement and makes no sound during any of his casting. He also does not reach for any arcane components to use in his casting.

First 11 minutes:
Epic Invisibility

Next 11 minutes:
Protection from Epic Magic

Round 1:
Extended Foresight
Persistent Bite of the Werebear
Persistent Flight of the Dragon
Persistent Wings of Air (Greater)

Round 2:
Persistent Undermaster
Bull's Strength
Telepathic Bond (among everyone)
Shapechange

Round 3:
Statue

Round 4:
Xorn Movement

and his familiar has already cast Mind Blank both on itself and on him (before the competition)

Through the telepathic bond, Daryn says, "Would anyone else like any magics cast upon them? Unfortunately, I did not prepare mind blank for everyone, but I could tomorrow. I possess Bull's Strength, a single nondetection, two castings of True Seeing, and nigh infinite castings of Statue and Xorn Movement. I am also a decent healer, should you become injured. Just let me know."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 pm

In Emily's head, and hopefully everyone elses, "So, do I just think, and everyone can hear me? What is to keep everyone from hearing my every thought???"

OOC: I'm assuming that neither Blindsight nor Blindsense can detect you
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:04 pm

Blindsight and Blindsense cannot detect me as both rely on sound, and I produce none.

Daryn responds, "You must desire others to hear your thoughts for it to be so. While in this form, I possess telepathy, which is rather invasive. Rather than that, I assumed you would prefer communication through this medium, as you decide which telepathic thoughts to send through the link."
OUT OF CHARACTER
This is my interpretation of the spell. Sunny, if I am mistaken, please correct me.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:10 pm

OOC: Just out of curiosity, how is epic Invisibility different from Superior Invisibility? Is it just that True Seeing can't see through it? (and probably duration)

"What is Statue and Xorn Movement?"

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:17 pm

OOC: It grants me Telepathy 90 ft as a Couatl, I produce no thermal effects, so a creature that can sense heat probably would not notice me. I produce no tactile effects, so I might be undetection through Tremorsense. While I am not immune to detection through True Seeing, I am very resistant to it. It requires a caster level check with a DC of 109 to see through my invisibility with True Seeing or an epic version of it.

"Statue allows you to turn yourself into a statue. You become stone at will, and turn back to flesh at will. You maintain all of your senses, so if you see danger, you can choose to become stone, then choose to revert back to flesh and continue travelling. You are, however, subject to being smashed, just as a stone statue would be.

"Xorn movement grants you the movement of a Xorn. You can move through earth as easily as walking upon it."

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:24 pm

OOC: Sounds cool...

"I can see no advantage to turning myself into a statue... My greatest asset is my ability to move. The movement through rock sounds interesting, but for now I will just stay as I am."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:23 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Blindsight and Blindsense cannot detect me as both rely on sound, and I produce none.

Daryn responds, "You must desire others to hear your thoughts for it to be so. While in this form, I possess telepathy, which is rather invasive. Rather than that, I assumed you would prefer communication through this medium, as you decide which telepathic thoughts to send through the link."
OUT OF CHARACTER
This is my interpretation of the spell. Sunny, if I am mistaken, please correct me.

Close enough - and exactly how your character would think of the spell.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:34 am

Well, after his spells are in place, Daryn joins the circle.

"I am ready," he adds, as now that he is invisible, it may be difficult for some of them to know for certain.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:51 am

Belladonna moves to join the circle as the spellcasters prepare. She checks her weapons making sure they are ready to be drawn and secures any loose clothing, readying herself for battle if necessary.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:41 am

(missed some time here. so i thought i'd add in a little intro)
patransom wrote: "For Daryn and Garias, I warn that the actions of these witches will threaten that which you hold dear.
Garias can't help but touch his face when he hears this. "I can't count how many times I have heard my name mentioned by fortune tellers, and I have yet to be surprised by their 'truths'. But for the sake of introductions I will share a little truth with you all, mostly because no one else would believe it anyways if it came out."

"The story told of me tonight was true in the fact that it was exactly as I had retold the events. However the actual events unfolded quite differently." Garias smiles unapologetic. "Marrisa was quite the beautiful young thing and I could hardly blame her for falling in love with me. Though it got tricky when prince Roland found me in her bed. The sound of the storm and her screams of pleasure prevented me from hearing him enter. The fool even attacked me! Which caused the fire that sank my ship. He was blind to reason and died by my hands. And I'm pretty sure Marrisa's child is mine. Guess it just shows that even the truth might be a lie."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Return to “{PbP} The Outstanding Adventures of TOS 100+ [ENDED]”