Knowledge

An entirely abusive world in which level 100 characters have to band together or be wiped out as the world itself is subjected to the will of Sunbolt and the members of this forum! OR maybe it's just about fun role play. . . .
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Knowledge

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:41 am

Several of you have now pmed me regarding info on the other characters. Each and every one of you has an epic reputation - some are famous, some are infamous, and some both depending on who you ask....

The reason I started with you all playing bards in the contest was so you could introduce yourselves and work that into play - but you basically chose to only enter one story each and this didn't quite fulfill the introduction phase - at least I'm guessing not, based on the number of questions I still have before me.

So rather than me guess at the rest, I'm putting you to work.

For each knowledge that would turn something up something about your character I would like you to write up a brief answer (one to five sentences) for each DC. I'll adjust the DCs if I think the info would go out easier or harder, but go ahead and put what you think would be known.

Such knowledges would be:
Nobility, History, Local -
if your character frequents dungeons, Dungeon.
If your character is a mage - arcana
If your character is a psion - Psionics
If your character is a religious figure - religion
If your character is a druid or ranger or similar nature type - nature
If your character built his own stronghold or lives in an amazing one - there might be a footnote to architecture and engineering...

You get the idea.

Each description should be specific to the type of knowledge.

For example the arch/eng should refer to the places you built, created, destroyed, and not a time when you defeated a local bunch of skeletons in an open field outside the forest. (unless that area is now the site of a great building or marker.)

EX:
Knowledge A/E:
DC 25: The Kipa is built on the site where Dernahm and his band appeared on the mortal plane after rescuing Waukeen from the hands of the demon Lord Gr'rrzt.
DC 35 The Kipa is rumored to have an entrance to the Infinite staircase, and that is why Dernahm returns to it so often, and why his fellow adventurer, Saul, is tasked to guard the place.

Knowledge Nobles
DC 10 - Dernahm is a xeph who saved the goddess waukeen - he wields powers that rival those of the mightiest sorcerers.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:59 am

Hehe... Hopefully, my last post in the main thread will make this easier, but I will also send you a PM with this information.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:50 am

I, too, will send you the information.

Although I wasn't one of those who requested the knowledge checks originally, I'd like to get whatever it is I can, too:

K: religion, arcana, geography, history, local, nature, planes, psionics all +70
Bardic knowledge +54 for everything else

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:35 pm

missed this when i was gone, i'll get to work on soemthing...
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:19 pm

Did my character learn anything about the other characters through this?
(I know I am not the knowledge master, but I was just curious)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

Return to “{PbP} The Outstanding Adventures of TOS 100+ [ENDED]”