In the cold white waste

An entirely abusive world in which level 100 characters have to band together or be wiped out as the world itself is subjected to the will of Sunbolt and the members of this forum! OR maybe it's just about fun role play. . . .
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:28 pm

"I'm not sure moving her would be wise. She had said that she couldn't use some of her powers from inside the mansion and I don't think it would be wise to move her in this state." Bella does what she can to make sure that Syasalil is kept warm and such. When Jax arrives she thanks him.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Daryn changes form taking an old white dragon shape and casts true seeing. Emily has trouble seeing him - his form is sometimes detectable in the snow flurry - and for a moment she sees him fully - then she blinks and somehow he's gone again... It seems to change moment to moment. But when she really tries, she thinks she can get him...

(Oh - and yes, the reduce spell is still in effect even with the shapechange....)

Daryn lands, and Emily moves to mount up. That's when the ice underneath breaks and you both start plummeting through!

You fall a bit, hitting the narrowing walls. Remarkably - Emily manages to take a proper seat on the Daryndragon, even in his invisibly state - and he starts to fly before you reach the narrowest part of the chasm. The ice shelf - now above you - continues to break off and shards of ice rain down upon you. Most of them doing nothing more than making what you're trying to do very difficult.

Of course - you do hear the sound of a dragon's roar from below - and the howling of the winds above have been cut off enough that you can clearly make out the sounds of flapping wings from below.

Meanwhile Sas. Wakes up, but is groggy and has a pounding headache (your status spell has ended you are at -2 to actions this round, and you find it difficult to talk more than a few words at a time until further notice. )

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:41 pm

"Well, that was exciting... I guess this means stealth of any kind is strait out of the question."

I will summon both of my swords to my hands (I'm assuming that with my ride score I can pretty easily ride without using my hands to hold on). I will then attempt to use my swords to knock away any of the bigger blocks of ice that may be falling towards us (Effectively I'm turning on Elaborate Parry (Total Defense) (sorry I didn't already have that one on the laptop sheet for you, it is under class abilities), Two-Weapon Defense and Weapon Supremacy: Scimitar. I'm not sure what effect these actions will have towards protecting Daryn.)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Syasalil struggles to wake up, "What? ... something powerful ... must think before ... acting."

She looks at Bella weakly, "Where ... are the others?"

OOC: hopefully, that's not too much more than a few words. If it takes two or more rounds to get all that out, so be it. Sayaslil isn't planning to do anything without some further consideration, especially since she was unconscious while Daryn and Emily lept into the chasm and isn't aware there might be immediate need.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:29 am

Daryn grabs a hold of the ice wall and begins climbing back up it using his Icewalking ability (He has spider climb, just related to ice. It only works on slippery surfaces). As he moves, he casts Superior Invisibility on Emily (quickened, silent, and stilled casting, as per usual). Next, he casts Xorn Movement on himself, then on Emily (each is a standard action, but as spell-like abilities, are still silent and still). Provided he gets them both off, this will allow them to hopefully escape should they get in the thick of it. (He climbs back up only until he receives confirmation from Syasalil).

Through the link, he says, "Good to have you back, Syasalil. Emily and I are going in for a more personal view of what you saw. Unless you would recommend that we hold off a bit."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:06 pm

ooc: Hopefully between my balance, climb and ride scores the sudden verticalness of climbing the wall wont dislodge me :D
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:10 pm

"Daryn and Emily are in the chasm, Jax is here with us and the others are back in the mansion," Bella responds. She offers Syasalil a drink of water and anything else she might need.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Syasil is tended and speaks haltingly....

Emily and Daryn try to get their bearings - with Emily drawing swords and deflecting several large chunks of ice ceiling. Daryn casts his first spell - ultimate invisibility - which Emily allows (let me know if that's untrue) Alas - she also is now horizontal as Daryn switches to a climb the walls mode instead of a flying mode - and Emily finds herself in free fall - Daryn's spell, which requires a touch - fizzles out as she falls out of range.

Emily does manage to right herself while falling, and is in a controlled decent at the moment - (very good role there -- you can actually try leaping from falling ice chunk to falling ice chunk if you want...)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am

[OOC - Since it is a quickened spell for Superior Invisibility, I am surprised that the free action that it took to cast took longer than her falling.]

Noticing that his rider was not able to hold on, Daryn launches himself after her, using his new form's strength to propel him after Emily, attempting to grab a hold of her and then begin climbing anew, but with one less claw.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:58 am

"Aw Dang!"

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 pm

shai-hulud wrote:As he moves, he casts Superior Invisibility on Emily (quickened, silent, and stilled casting, as per usual).
It's all in the way you posted times the game mechanics... you can't move and cast at the same time technically - so you moved against the wall, then cast. When you changed orientation - she fell - you're casting missed her. Sorry. The good news is it worked out perfectly in my head.

I'll allow you to trade your casting of xorn movement for the leap this round if you want - otherwise, you'll cast and then leap - it's only a few seconds - but it is a difference.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 am

Yes, I would prefer that. Actually, I would have preferred attempting to grab her with one of my claws as she began falling, but I would take a leap instead.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:23 am

Syasalil says (out loud and through the link), "You are in the chasm already? This is dangerous ... I saw only an eye, but whatever is down there is not just another dragon. Something very powerful."

To Belladona, she says, "Quick, get the others from the mansion. I will take us to Daryn and Emily. They will need our help." (I'm assuming the telepathic link doesn't work into the extradimensional space)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:10 pm

patransom wrote:(I'm assuming the telepathic link doesn't work into the extradimensional space)
Correct, it does not.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:31 pm

Belladonna turns to Jax, "Can you get the others, please?"

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:04 am

A brief pause here for role call... I need to know who isn't active at the moment (and when they will be)- and make necessary adjustments.

While we're on the subject - if you miss a validation - what would you like me to do?
Run your character as I see fit?
Have your character take limited actions - such as moving with the party, keeping quiet, and defending/hiding.
something else?

If you leave the game - your character will stay around as an NPC until such a time as I can write him/her out. I have no plans at this time of having any replacements come in.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:21 am

Syasalil is here and active. Should I miss a validation, do whatever you see fit.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:30 am

Emily is still going :D

If I miss one, do what you think is best.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Same for Daryn. If I miss one, it is because school and work are hectic. I will try not to miss any, but if I do, please do what you feel is best.

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:39 am

Jax is still here. I will also go along with whatever you think is best.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:53 pm

Same with Bella, life is busy so if I do miss one, do what you think is best.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:12 pm

OK - let's pause for one week - and pick up again on Friday November 2nd.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:51 am

Since you are back, does that mean that this will be restarting soon? (He asked hopefully)

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 pm

LEt's pick this up in a new thread with all the necessary check ins...

Return to “{PbP} The Outstanding Adventures of TOS 100+ [ENDED]”