Character concepts here.

The barmaids are easy and the NPCs give quests. Anything can happen... as long as it's funny. Beware of gazebo.
Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Character concepts here.

Post by Lachesis » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:43 am

This game will be a long joke. I encourage min-maxing and metagaming. You can expect my humor to range from Monty Python to 8-bit theatre among other things. I allow any book or even home-made stuff as I will be using lot's of different books (including Bride of Portable Hole and Book of Erotic Fantasy) and adding a few of my own creations. I ask that everyone is over 18 (no, this isn't enforced. If you're under 18 lie to me and I wont pry) and I recommend that this not be your first ever campaign as it will be rather different then the usual. Starting level will be 5 but expect to level fairly quickly. I'll also be awarding bonus exp for good jokes. The back story is that you're all in an adventuring group and have been starting to realize that there are far to many coincidences for this life to be real. Group should be from 3-9 people and any alignment. If it is 9 people it might be fun to have everyone be a different alignment but I wont make you switch if you don't want to. TOS or TOS+. Those not in a PbP are given preference if we have to many. Good times shall be had by all. Sorry for the wall o' text. :wink:

"Blame yourself, or God."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Would you allow a Chaos Monk?

You can find it on page 57 of this pdf

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/Dn ... s-Base.pdf

I would like to extend it into the Drunken Master Prestige Class and think it would work well

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Sounds awesome.

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Anyway we could work out a LA for a Tsochar? If not, any chance of playing a Marrulurk?

e.g. http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/ ... p/t-528631

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Some kind of 'primate' as a paladin (awakened? maybe not). Very stereotypical paladin, in his brash valor seeking haughty attitude, mixed with an inverted planet of the apes sense of his being the right race while everone else is bizarre. What kind of animal would a monkey or baboon or ape paladin ride?
Last edited by MonkeyAlpha on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:25 pm

What about a Halfling Were-cat rogue with Permanency Reduce Person cast upon him (always remains in animal form). He would be Diminutive! (I have always wanted to play a diminutive character :D)

Edit: My only one so far was Tiny, who perished in the Beta Testers game :(

Also, I don't have time for another game. Just throwing out humorous ideas.
Last edited by shai-hulud on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Tsochar: sounds fun, if you think you can make it work with a group I'd be willing to let you try the build given in your link.

Monkey...thingy: awesome, George Bush references could earn you quite a few points. Perhaps you could ride an enlarged dire chicken... or whatever else you might want. Awakened normal animal or you could just set up your own race. I'd think take a human and give it some small stat changes and should work.

Smallcat: Amazing. That's all I have to say

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Pun Pun?

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Pun-pun will be in a coma... and a null-magic null-psi null-divine field... strapped to a dimensional anchor in the shadow plane. Even I have limits, sorry.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:06 am

it was mostly a joke. I am trying to come up with something clever.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Would you allow me to use the Hadozee from Stormwrack (p.41) as my race. He could be a chaos monk-ey

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:33 pm

My character concept starts with a story ...

The D&D group begins play with each player introducing their character. The last to go is playing a human sorcerer named “Marvin.”

Marvin’s player: I am playing Marvin the Deadly, Master of the Arcane, Mightiest Sorcerer in the Land!

DM: Uhhhh ... okay. Let’s start. You see a 10’ by 10’ room. On the other side is a small reptilian humanoid. It has a scaly hide, a naked tail like that of a rat, and a doglike head with two small horns. It has a spear ... and a pie.

Marvin’s player: It’s a kobold. One kobold, ha! It’s only got 4 hit points. Everyone else back off! These 75 XP are all mine! Marvin the Deadly, Master of the Arcane, Mightiest Sorcerer in the Land will cast Ray of Frost at the kobold.

DM: Okay, roll to hit.

Marvin’s player: Ummm ... 11?

DM: Miss. The kobold is now angry. It charges Marvin with its spear. 20, possible crit. Rolling to confirm, 20 again, plus 3 = 23. What is your AC?

Marvin’s player: Crap ... a lot less than that ...

DM: Okay, rolling damage. 1d6-1, but critical multiplier is x3. 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 hit points. How many do you have left.

Marvin’s player: Ummm ... –11 ... crap.

DM: You are dead.

Rest of the party: Hahahahahahahaha ....

The rest of the party kills the kobold and takes the pie, telling jokes at Marvin’s expense the entire time. For example: “Master of the –11 hit points!” ... “Mightiest Critical Hit Target in the Land!” ... “Kobold Bait” ... “One Hit Wonder” ... etc.

As a result of his embarrassing death at the hands of a single kobold in the very first encounter of the party’s very first adventure, Marvin’s spirit is unable to rest peacefully. He is destined to haunt the party until they all also die embarrassing deaths at the hands of a single kobold. Of course, now that the party has successfully reached 5th level, this seems highly unlikely and Marvin has become clinically depressed. He still feels obligated to help the party survive, since if they die at the hands of anything more dangerous than a single kobold, he’ll never reach the afterlife.

So I propose Marvin the Mostly Harmless, clinically depressed and paranoid human ghost sorcerer. The problem, of course, is that the ghost template is a +5 level adjustment, so even though he died as a 1st level sorcerer, Marvin would be higher level than you want for the game. Can we come up with a way for the ghost template to be a lower level adjustment? I was thinking that maybe his only ghost special attack might be Depressing Moan, something considerably less powerful than Frightful Moan. Or maybe some penalty for being clinically depressed and paranoid ...

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Where are you getting the template? The ghostwalk version is +0 LA I believe. Using ghostwalk would allow you to go sor1/eidolocer4 as well. Also, Bride of Portable Hole has a level 0 spell that you might like: summon blind deaf kobold.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Oh, I was looking at the standard Monster Manual ghost template. I don't have ghostwalk (is that the book the template you're talking about is from?) ... I liked the Monster Manual template because +4 CHA certainly helps with the minmaxing :)

I noticed summon blind deaf kobold in Portable Hole, but it didn't occur to me what fun Marvin could have with that :0

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:31 am

Ya, ghostwalk has some interesting stuff. After looking though, I like the MM version better.

I'd say leave off the gaze, touches, horrific appearance, and change frightful moan to demoralize instead of panic and I'd be ok with a +3LA

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:58 am

Works for me.

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Hadozee is fine. Sorry, I didn't notice the post until just now.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:14 pm

I would love to play a sayter or a Pixie if you please always wanted too.

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:01 pm

That's fine.

It seems we have enough to get started. If no one has any objections I think we'll start the day after Valentines day. Hopefully that gives everyone enough time to set up these rather unique characters.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:18 am

Are you going to post character creation guidelines (HP, Ability Scores, starting gold, etc)

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:15 pm

I suppose that info would be helpful :oops: . Lets go with fixed hp, 38 point buy, standard gold for lvl 5 (I can never find that stupid table). Flaws are allowed as well. If there's anything else you guys want to use just let me know.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Marvin is considering the following feat from Judge's Guild Players Guide to the Wilderlands:
BLOOD OF ICE [GENERAL]

You have a special link to the elemental plane of ice, either through magic or through diluted blood of an ice creature in your past.

Benefit: You receive a +4 bonus on saves against cold effects and gain Resistance to Cold 2. You also add +2 to the DC of saving throws for any arcane spells you cast with “cold” in the descriptor.

Special: You may only take this feat at character creation.
Is that okay?

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Seems ironic for a ghost but you can use it if you want.

edit: Starting gold is 9000gp

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Do you want characters and backgrounds posted here, in a new thread, or PM'd to you?
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:34 pm

I'll start a new thread for backgrounds.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Gen

Post by Dink » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:52 pm

How about a Gen from Al-Qadim (more information can be found at the complete Sha'ir's Handbook)?
On his way to gather a spell for his Sha'ir the little Earth Gen searched in areas he better did not look and come out in this world.
Now he can recall spells he was looking for prior to this and strangely gains new spells every level, though they are still from his home plane.

Being not very bright and insensitive, he is only alive due to his natural ability to cast Chastise level times a day.
At the same time this is the only spell which works 100% while others work the same way Sha'ir spells work.

Since this party is the only one who would stay with him (besides the two peasants, who fell prey to his Chastise spell about 4 days ago) he seems to have a taste for evil things (extremely stong when he fells pressed for an intelligent action, but it can be calmed when he eats nuts).

Character development:
Same as described in the Adventure book, but he gains feats from the Sha'ir's handbook as if a ritual has been cast upon him.
Intelligence must not be above 9.
Since Ghazar (pronounced "Rrazar") thinks he is the choosen one to bring fate to this world (though - yet - he does not know how) his prime requisite is Charisma (additional spells are granted for this attribute).
Strenght (hmmm, its more the good looking body and less the ability to lift weights) is very important too.
Wisdom and Dexterity are good to have, but no real ruler needs any of these abilities. Wisdom sometimes seem to keep rules from action and who would need dexterity if the ruler is protected by guards.

From the looks:
Ghazar has a tanned body is at least 9 inches tall and otherwise looks like Buddah with wings. His light blue eyes and the small pointed chin beard give him an evil look. Though others seem to think they have to pet him, he really hates this, especially when someone tries to pinch his cheek.
The worst thing you can do to him is to say he is CUTE.

If you think this char works for you, I will start to add this class and race to TOS+ and send it.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:55 am

Dragon compendium has this class in it. I commend you on finding a book I don't have btw (over 600 pdfs of D&D 3.5 and some 3.0 and 2.0... >_> ).

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Stats from the Dragon compendium

Post by Dink » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:04 am

I took a look at the Dragon Compendium, but I would like to make some changes to the Earth Gen, for i think it gives more flavour to the character:

EARTH GEN
Tiny Outsider (Earth, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: ld8+l (5 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 60 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-8
Attack: Slam +4 melee ( l d 2 - l)
Full Attack: 2 slams +4 melee ( l d 2 - l)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., earth mastery, elemental endurance, fetch spells, immunity to acid, elemental travel, vulnerability to electricity
Saves:Fort+3,Ref+3,Will+4
Abilities: Str 9, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 10
Skills: Concentration +5, Escape Artist +6, Hide +11, Knowledge (arcana) +5, Knowledge (the planes) +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +3, Search +5, Spellcraft +5, Spot+4, Survival +6
Feats: Combat CastingB, Weapon Finesse
Environment: Any elemental plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Often chaotic evil
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Tiny); 4-6 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment: —
This creature resembles a muscular, dusky-skinned humanoid. Tiny gems stud its skin.
Earth gens usually dwell on the Elemental Plane of Earth.
Thought to be related to the dao, they are often found within dao cities, although they travel almost constantly.
Earth gens speak Common and Terran.
COMBAT
Earth gens avoid combat whenever possible. When they must fight, they slam opponents with their fists.
Earth Mastery (Ex): An earth gen gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the gen takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. (These modifiers are not included in the statistics block.)

Modifications
Hit Dice: ld4+3 (+2 from Con)
Armor Class: 15 (+2 size, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: As monster of the same level
Attack: Slam +7 melee (ld2+2) (+3 from Str)
Full Attack: 2 slams +4 melee ( 1d2+2)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., earth mastery, elemental endurance, fetch spells, immunity to acid, elemental travel (only to fetch spells), vulnerability to electricity, can leave the area of offense without a calling for a free attack (because of size)
Saves:Fort good,Ref poor,Will poor
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 18
Skills: I will look into them later
Feats: Will let you know later
What he looks like: Described in my last post
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 pm

That's fine.

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: Character concepts here.

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Moriss The Wurm!

Moriss currently is residing within the hallowed out carcass of a young human body. He goes by the name, Moris Vurmis.
He thinks that is very funny.

Progression is this, savage until 8, then he will proceed to add 3 racial HD. Then 2 in Monk, and then into Reaping Mauler... I haven't really thought beyond that. :p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “{PbP} The Adventure Club [CLOSED]”