Of wizards and fluff.

The barmaids are easy and the NPCs give quests. Anything can happen... as long as it's funny. Beware of gazebo.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Of wizards and fluff.

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:23 am

Gary says, "If you don't mutilate the bunny corpses too much, we can gather them together and sell them as components for magic mittens! Or so says our illustrious DM!"

Aubrey, disgusted by the horrific sight, uses Soften Earth and Stone on the ceiling above the exploded lint. It's too bad she is murky-eyed! She loves bunnies! While not terribly damaging, it does create a nice muddy area, and if the bunnies don't make their save (DC 19), they are stuck for 1d2 rounds and cannot attack. It affects a maximum of 5x10' squares, but Aubrey is only using it on the ceiling above them.

Felix checks the metal content (something akin to scent, only for metal, I don't really understand it) on the bunnies, and not finding any, he only claws at them. Dust bunnies are not very tasty to a metal eater.

Logan continues to slash up the bunnies.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Walking through Marvin, the wizard seems... angry... or constipated perhaps at the sight of the rabbits. His familiar hisses at the pink rodents.

Guess what gentlemen? I have discovered 2 out of 5 humans have worms... now if only you guys will let me borrow your body like the kind wizard did.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:27 am

Ouch, that friggen hurt. Why the hell would you hit me you stupid lint ball

After the lint monster explodes into bunnies

Pink dust bunny swarm. Wow, the DM didn't try to hard on this one. I saw this coming a mile away. Too bad I don't have allergies to dust
Ah-ah-ah-choooooo
Nevermind

Jackie will continue his breakdance fighting against the swarm of bunnies.

Hey Moriss, that walk didn't help you out much. You look uglier and older then you did before. Do you want to get in on the action?

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Marvin had floated up to the ceiling several rounds ago, so Morris didn't need to walk through him. Too bad, because it would have been something else for Marvin to complain about.

Marvin sighs, All these new tags and font colors are confusing me

He fires another ray of frost at the bunny swarm.

Oh, by the way, I don't have any ranks in knowledge: bunnies, but it appears to me this swarm is also from the elemental plane of laundry. If this keeps up, someone should take the prestige class Elemental Savant: Laundry. Not that anyone cares about my insights or opinions.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:10 pm

I do believe we've completed our contract and, unless there is a bonus for subsequent elemental swarms, we're done here. After all, he might want these things alive... we might be doing him a dis-service by killing them.

Squirrely and Brawk withdraw from combat. Upon seeing the wizard, Well sir, we've completed the task you've asked of us. About our payment...
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Gary says, Just because I'm a man on fire doesn't mean I should be ignored. If you want an explanation in the middle of battle, very well. To begin my discourse on dust bunny infestation in lint elementals, we must first examine A, the frequency of such occurance, and B, the dangers thereof. In respect to A of our investigation, one would find that dust bunny infestation is an extremely rare occurance! That said, the infestation is not contagious, and as humans, we should not be concerned with infection ourselves. Now, as I said earlier, dust bunny carcasses make for an excellent raw material for use in the crafting of magical mittens. I have read a quite powerful dissertation on just this topic, so you really ought to listen to me.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:54 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Gary says, “Just because I'm a man on fire doesn't mean I should be ignored... I have read a quite powerful dissertation on just this topic, so you really ought to listen to me.[/talk]

Brawk retorts, Claims of authority derived from education are tenuous at best, and such the individuals espousing such, are rarely pragmatic in their theories. Theories may rouse the curious, but actions inflame the masses. Your study of disserations does little for BRAWK!!

Brawk immediately shuts his beak and Squirrely laughs at him.
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Gary sees his opportunity and takes it, Ah, so then you decline my theory about the infection not being contagious, and your true motivation for fleeing the battle is fear! You are merely a coward!

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:29 am

The elder wizard peers up at the monkey, with a slight grin, Yes, good sir, take anything in my home that you wish. In fact, the home is your group's property. Welcome Home!

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:43 pm

to Brawk, You need to stop using reason to argue with people are start using your gut. How many times I gotta tell you, that kinda stuff makes my head hurt. He flips up the visor on his helmet and turns to the wizard.

You mean you're coming with us? Well if you do then we're not taking the scrawny little hairless primate back... I can only handle so many of you at a time. What's your name?

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:29 am

Brawk and Squirrelly withdraw to chat. Jakie dance fights for 9, 3, miss, miss, and 9. Aubrey makes the bunnies very muddy for the next 2 rounds. Felix swipes for miss, 4, and 2. Logan slashes for 6. Marvin beams for 2.

"Blame yourself, or God."

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:46 am

Eager for a change of scenery, Marvin floats over to the corner of the room (j10). He finds it just as depressing as the doorway was, so he tosses another ray of frost at the bunny swarm.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:52 am

Gary decides to join the battle. He draws his hammer while moving to G4 and swings.

Felix continues his subterranean assault, unphased by the mud that is falling upon him. He decides to continue his swiping tactics.

Logan continues his slashy-spear movement.

Aubrey knocks an arrow, looks around, and unable to find a way to shoot without hitting Gary, she just stands there with a dumb look on her face, trying to figure out what to do.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:07 am

Jackie continues his performance unphased

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:23 am

Squirrely yells, Mission Accomplished!! He stuffs a sock in his codpiece and lands on an aircraft carrier full of troops who never saw a day of fighting (and thus) love him. He then promptly forgets about those in danger and figures they're just "cleaning up". Then begins talking with his new wizard friend and sets out to find what the tower has to offer in compensation for his hard work.

If anyone comments on the fighting that contines, he dismissively waves his hand and simply states that "Major Operations" are over and then focuses on the need for a prohibition against interracial coitus to address the "half-elf or half-orc problem".

Edited for bad grammar.
Last edited by MonkeyAlpha on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Ah, dear primape, no need to remember a new name. Call me Morriss. Here, the mage bows and his face returns to a stoic expression.

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:45 am

Jakies dance fighting is both stunning and lethal, killing the rest of the bunnies! Amongst the dead bunnies you find:

Bunny corpses x 12
Magic ring x1
367gp

Why the bunnies had a ring and some gold remains a mystery. It is now mid-afternoon. About 3:45 if anyone has ranks in Knowledge: what time is it.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 am

Turning to the wizard, Squirrely asks, as politely as possible, Now about our payment?
Last edited by MonkeyAlpha on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Marvin looks disinterestedly at the treasure, So that's what happens to all the change that disappears in the dryer.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 am

Jackie will take the ring and try it on.

Yup, yup. Lost jewelry and money it seems end up in the laundry dimension. Wonder where all my left socks are though

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 01, 2008 12:30 pm

Logan collects the dust bunny carcasses, figuring that Gary would only destroy them with his fire. Felix heads towards the gold, the smell of precious metal making him hungry!

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Thu May 01, 2008 12:54 pm

klakxor wrote:Jackie will take the ring and try it on.

Yup, yup. Lost jewelry and money it seems end up in the laundry dimension. Wonder where all my left socks are though
You do not notice any immediate effect.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu May 01, 2008 1:11 pm

Now lets see. 1000 Gold was the price for coming and cleaning up the elemental. It seems that Moriss has taken care of re-negotiating our price.

What do we do now. It's too late for the goblin fighting. He wanted us there at noon. We could go check out the cave to the south, but we might not make it back in time to visit the cemetery tonight.

Let's say we take a nap here and then go visit the graveyard tonight. If things go well, we can beat up goblins tomorrow afternoon and then head south for a visit to the cave.

By the time we get all that done, I am sure the DM will have come up with some more devious ways to kill us.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Fri May 02, 2008 10:54 am

Squirrely yawns, Being a paragon of virtue and humility is hard work. I don't think a nap is inappropriate. But, just in case... we'll call it a "working nap" should someone ask. He pulls a pipe and beings smoking it to, uh, help him sleep.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am

Marvin sighs, ONE encounter and we're already ready to rest? Talk about your 15 minute adventuring days...

Marvin casts summon blind deaf kobold and instructs the creature, You there, keep watch while we rest.

The kobold, being unable to hear Marvin, assumes it's supposed to attack something and charges the nearest wall, knocking itself out.

Marvin mutters, Pathetic and promptly goes to sleep.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri May 02, 2008 11:27 am

With no one protesting, Felix consumes the gold in a single bite.

Aubrey is excited about nap time. She pulls out milk and cookies, saying, I was a good girl!. She begins jumping up and down while eating, spilling milk down her chest, which would be incredibly demure, were it not for the tentacles mashing cookies into her chest to sop up the spilled milk (unless you are into that sort of thing).

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Sat May 03, 2008 11:04 pm

After a nice little nap ans some cookies ( besides Aubrey's you find a magic cupboard of unending cookies built into the tower) it gets dark and everyone goes to visit the cemetary.

Return to “{PbP} The Adventure Club [CLOSED]”