[DICE EXPORT] TOS+ can now export Dice to the D&D DICE App from b.freq!

Archives of the Old News.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

[DICE EXPORT] TOS+ can now export Dice to the D&D DICE App from b.freq!

Post by admin »

FOLKS!

I found a nice Dice APP for Android (D&D Dice by b.freq) which is very nice - no flashy 3D and such - perfect for me! I started using this APP but I found it annoying that I had to enter my Paladin's weapons manually, when all this Data was already in TOS+... and then it hit me: Why not EXPORT the dice from TOS+ to this APP?!

As it turns out, the APP creator had just added support for importing/exporting in a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file - perfect timing to allow the Sheet to export some weapons and the Saving Throws to this format! TOS+ v3.799 is my first attempt at this export: unfortunately, the file format does not [currently] works well to support multiple attacks. I have requested some modifications that would allow better support, but in the mean time, the implementation only uses ONE attack & damage from each weapon slot (I guess this would be useful for low level characters with only 1 attack per weapon slot). Hopefully in time, we'll be able to work something out to add better support - at least, it's a start!!

The EXPORT function is valid starting in version 3.799 of the sheet: You can locate it in the TABLES worksheet (use the blue "Dice App Export"to jump to it!)
To create and use your Dice file (assuming you have installed D&D Dice):
  1. Click on the big button above the dice table: This will create a .csv file in the same folder as your TOS+ sheet
  2. This .cvs file will start with "CustomSheet - "... Do not remove that prefix, as it is required by the dice roller app!
  3. Copy this .csv file to the Internal storage \ Apps_by_bfreq folder of your Android device. (usually the /sdcard/Apps_by_bfreq folder)
  4. Open D&D Dice on your Android device, and make sure you have activated all features (click on DEMO and surf one Ad to activate the Export function)
  5. Use the "IMPORT/EXPORT Dice" button that appears in the Options (it is on the left, so swipe right to access it) and select your Character File
  6. Get back to the Dice area and at the bottom, you will see the std dice (d20, d6 etc). On that area, swipe left to uncover the attack modes of your character.
  7. When rolling your weapons, just ignore the 'total' and take only the individual attack and damage separately. You can check out the dice roll LOG (swipe left) to see the history of your rolls.
Note that the .csv file is a text file - it can be edited with Notepad to add any other rolls you wish to include - it should be simple enough to edit - just don't break the commas!

If you have any comments/questions regarding this, please post in this thread - Thanks!!
admin

Return to “The Lost Writings [Old News]”