Off to Thrane [LoB]

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 pm

"Will half of this suffice to pay, little one?"
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:08 am

The little creatures eyes go large for a moment. Then, it catches itself and says, "Well, um, perhaps that will do. It is not very much, though. And, well, um, I suppose we can let you go through our forest." It turns around back to the large tree it came from and calls out, "Hey guys! Come take a look at what they are offering! It's amazing... umm... I mean... It's okay. I think we can let them pass."

The little piece of bark flies up to the small chest and lands on top of the pile of gems. He picks up a gem in each hand, the gems being fist-sized for the little guy. He looks at them in awe.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:53 am

"Excellent. You little ones takes half of this, while I go check on the health of the others"

Mecano puts the Treasure Chess on the ground and quickly walks to check on Kyberious, making sure not to block Kyberious line of sight to the Chess.

"Hmm I think you damaged your neck... Let me look at it"

Mecano starts checking Kyberious, while keeping an eye on the Bark Creatures; when all four of those are at the Treasure Chess, he comes closer to Kyberious and whispers "Cook time..."

Here is the Tactical:
I set the chess one square Westward, then move besides Kyberious, within my Sharrash range to be able to hit any survivors of the fire (READY ACTION)
Last edited by admin on Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:21 am

Kyberious doesn't need to be told twice. He opens up with line of firey breath and gets back to his feet, trying to track any survivers to follow up.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:12 pm

The creature, blissfully unaware of Mecano's deviousness, picks up gems in awe and holds them up to the light, trying to gather as many as he can to them. As Mecano unfolds the plan to Kyberious, Mychasi calls out, "Fly away little grigs they are trying to set a trap for you I didn't realize they were so devious I thought they wanted to be my friend but they just want to destroy your beautiful forest why would you do that to these creatures they meant you no harm until you started destroying their forest what did they do to deserve Kyberious's fiery death perform a prank like making the trees talk and blowing out my fire which wasn't nice and I'll have to tell them that is rude when a dragon is trying to sleep but they don't deserve to be killed..." (Mychasi's rant about the party's deception continues and two of the creatures--which Mychasi referred to as grigs--fly off in fear)

Kyberious, do you want to breath on the remaining two grigs?

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Furious at the teacherous dragon Kyberious is breathing all right, changing breath type to a cone of fire (15 foot cone should catch the squares either side of the chest and the 2 trees to the left incase they decided to hide in there)

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:56 pm

At the first words of the treacherous dragon which had clearly sided with the insectoid creatures that attack the party, Mecano attempts to intercept one of the fleeing creature with his Sharrash (using the ready action he had in reserve to attack)
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Mecano's sharrash rips through one of the fleeing pieces of tree bark, and it falls to the ground bleeding. As Kyberious breathes, the two grigs remaining in the chest are charred and fall over, unmoving. The chest (an unattended wooden object which receives no saving throw) also bursts into flames.

Mychasi, seeing his travel companions destruction, growls angrily, grabs his mother's scale, and takes to flight. "Goodbye cruel creatures I will never forgive you for what you have done here today one day I will be bigger and stronger and I will come back and slaughter you all just as you slaughtered these fun-loving forest creatures I hope you all are destroyed for your violent ways..." Mychasi is more muttering to himself as he flies away, but he continues his tirade nonetheless.

(Nine still has an action this round)

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:35 pm

"Grand."

"What in Xoriat are you doing, are you mad?! Are we not trustworthy now?

"And Mychasi! Its your damn fault that we started the big ass fire in the first place! Had it not been for that, we'd all be sitting here happily in the dark enjoying the pristine forest around us!"

Edited due to shai's post below, thanks
Last edited by tdsprouse on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:53 pm

tdsprouse wrote:the nine hells
Eberron cosmology is different from normal D&D cosmology. There are no nine hells in Eberron. A better phrase would be: What in Xoriat are you doing?!?

For more information on the different planes, check: here. Use your own judgement for if or how your character would refer to them. For Nine, it would make sense that he would know the names of the different planes (as they are quite finitely listed, so their names would fall under common knowledge to a wizard), but for the rest of the party, perhaps they would not know the names, but only descriptions, like instead of referring to a plane as Mabar, you call it The Endless Night.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Still jsut laying on the ground

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:53 am

Kyberious will look around for the surviving creature and failing that will see if the dragon is in range of an eldritch spear.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:26 am

Realizing how he was throughly deceived by the dragon false friendship, Mecano stoically takes in the additional threats yet again aimed at him and his companions in this night.

If the Dragon is within range & visible: Mecano will throw a boomerang at it.

If Not: Mecano will quickly pick up the box less gems and bag them in his backpack, then retrieve the bleeding insectoid to see if can be patched.
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:00 am

Mychasi is only 60 ft. away (well within range of both the eldritch spear and a boomerang attack). Unfortunately, trees are in the way (you are in a forest). This grants Mychasi partial cover from ranged attacks.

Mecano throws his boomerang at his former friend. The boomerang gets caught in some leaves and misses the mark, then flies back to Mecano's waiting hand.

The tiny dragon notices the boomerang and thinks that Mecano is aiming for another grig. Hearing Nine's words, he calls back, "It is too late I have seen the cruelty in your... wait... what..." He loops around and begins flying back. "my fault... are you saying that if I hadn't asked for a fire you wouldn't have ruthlessly murdered these innocent creatures what kind of sense does that make..." Just then...

Kyberious throws an eldritch spear which cuts through any impediments and strikes Mychasi.

There is no sign of the other little creature.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Loudly to Mychasi... "you're the one that told us to build a fire, then when built the way you instructed it turns out to be a large Bonfire, wilting leaves and scorching trees. Which got the attention of these Grigs, as you called them. So yeah, i'm saying that if it was not for that fire you asked for, these Grigs would likely have not even noticed us, or cared we were here."

Quietly/Angrily to Mecano "why couldnt we have just given them a couple bits of whatever and been on our way? Now they'll probably come back with dozens more little things that we cant even see to fight! What then?!"

Nine sheathes his sword, grunts over to the chest of gems, closes, latches, and picks it up. then goes back to the camp to get anything else he'd left there and starts heading to where he things the wizards tower is.

if he has any repair light spells available after whatever rest we got, he'll use one on Phantom when near him and continue as above. however, i dont think he does have any.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Still waiting for Mecano and Kyberious's posts, but point of interest:
tdsprouse wrote:Nine sheathes his sword, grunts over to the chest of gems, closes, latches, and picks it up. then goes back to the camp to get anything else he'd left there and starts heading to where he things the wizards tower is.
admin wrote:If Not: Mecano will quickly pick up the box less gems and bag them in his backpack, then retrieve the bleeding insectoid to see if can be patched.
I mentioned the box burst into flames when Kyberious breathed. That is because Kyberious's breath dealt max damage (6) which I thought overcame the box's hardness (I did not realize that hardness applies to energy attacks, as well). Additionally, I failed to realize that objects take half damage from fire, and the three damage would not be enough to overcome the box's hardness at all. So, in correction, nothing happened to the box as Kyberious breathed.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Mecano bends to gently retrieve the bleeding insectoid.

Picking up on Nine's accusations, he continues to the Dragon: "Nine is right...We would not have received any threat had we not ignited this huge bond fire to make YOU comfortable... AND not only that, but they ordered us to RUN, which means we would have left you behind with these unknown creatures... Would you have us leave YOU behind when troubles arises? Are we not supposed to help each other?

So in a sense, you are very responsible for this situation...
". Mecano lifts the bleeding insectoid toward Mychasi to make his point.

And now, you threaten to destroy us when you are huge and powerful... Mecano trails off, looking at the insectoid and wondering if it was already dead.
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm

Mychasi looks hurt that Kyberious would attack him. On the verge of tears, he rambles as he flies back, landing very close to Mecano and Nine, but keeping his distance from Kyberious, "I don't care I'm telling on you why do you have to be so mean dragons are notorious for getting angry and you attack me you should have known that I was just frustrated and you should have known that the grigs meant you no harm and where is Phantom why isn't he here and you didn't need to kill the poor grigs they didn't want to hurt you only to play pranks on you which you would have found out if you had just played along instead of trying to slaughter them all..."

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:43 pm

"Mychasi, your 'friendly' Grigs, or whatever you call them, have downed both Phantom and Kyberious... Not so harmless as you would like us to beleive. I was able to repair Kyberious, so now you should understand why Kyberious would be angry at those grigs for taking him down. Perhaps you need to re-assess what you think about them...

In Anycase, can anyone repair this grig?
I'll go see about Phantom.. we need to leave this place.
"

Mecano will pass the Grig to someone else for repair, and walks to Phantom to see his condition.
Thanks!!

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Kyberious got up, visible veins of eldritch energy pulsed across and around his composite plating. He regarded the rambling dragon, not sure from its rambling whether it was friend or foe. Mecano seemed to know what he was doing for the moment, but just squashing the creature would be much easier than trying to heal it.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 am

With no one to pass the grig off to, Mecano just holds it.

Nine collects the gems.

Mychasi says, "Dragons need fire there was nothing wrong with my request I was not to blame those grigs were they must have been bad grigs..." He zooms over to Nine and eats up the two grigs that were charred by Kyberious's fire. "See I can kill them too if they are bad but I'm not apologizing for getting angry that is what dragons do..."

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Nine, pauses, takes a deep breath.

Turns aournd to Mychasi

"Mychasi, we were just trying to defend ourselves and you from unknown, unseen enemies. And those enemies did not hesitate to try to kill us, and until you brought it up, seemed to have no interest in negotiation.

I guess I can understand why Mecano did what he did. If we had let those Grigs go, either they would've come back with more grigs wanting more, or they would've continued to threaten less prepared travelers.

Lets repair Phantom and get moving. I want to get to the tower, i hope to find a spell book to meditate and prepare spells from, until then I fell i am of limited usefullness."

Shai - sorry, when i posted i had forgotten about you saying the chest was gone, but i guess since it wasnt, Nine still has it. if so, when everyone is up and about, Nine hands it back to Mecano

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:16 pm

In order for Phantom to be repaired, he must be manually repaired, as Mecano and Nine are both out of spells. Since Nine cannot regain spells (except for read magic a bunch of times), perhaps he could work with Kyberious to repair Phantom manually. By the time the two of them finish, Mecano would have his full complement of spells back.

Mychasi says, "Yes well it still wasn't my fault I had no idea the grigs of this forest were evil or I would have warned you about that if we see any more though we should try negotiating first and killing second I mean just because they are barbaric doesn't me we should be but a dragon's patience wears thin quickly and if they are treacherous we will kill them just like we killed these three and we will have to tell the good fey about the one bad one that got away and that if he ever bothers us again he will face our draconic wrath..."

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:15 pm

"Ok we need to leave now.

Mecano heads toward Phantom, while grabbing something from his backpack. Kneeling besides the fallen Phantom, he deposits the damaged grig besides him and starts reading a piece of paper.

As the last syllable leaves Mecano, a soft light quickly covers Phantom and seeps into the damaged Warforged.

Mecano grabs the grig and stands up.

"Ok Phantom, stop lying there and grab your stuff. We're leaving."

Then to Mychasi "Allright mighty Dragon, let us put all this behind us. Why don't you lead us to that tower in case more evil forest things comes at us?"
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 am

Phantom opens his eye portals sits up looks around sees the dead things on the ground after ativated his evocation then stand and is ready to go with a nod to the rest of the part as a thank you for repairing him.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:42 am

Mecano shows the grig to Phantom "Can you see if this is dead, and if not, patch it so it stops bleeding?"
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 am

Phantom will look at the lump before him and make a heal check to do as requested

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:49 pm

Deciding not to zap the dragon further, yet, Kyberious would vacate with the rest of the party. Reasoning to him was irrelevant, the grigs had been in the way, thus they had been destroyed.

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”