Into the fey forest [LoB]

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:15 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will wait until Sunday for any responses to this interaction. If there are none, I will progress the story.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Phantom will just think to himself that it might not be wise to talk about what just happened with the Grigs.

{{{OOC do we know the Humans Built us}}}

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:47 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I wasnt built by humans

At teh interaction with the pixie, Nine is a little awe struck, amazed at teh little creature. Much the same as he was/is amazed with Mychasi. They seem to be... bubbling with energy.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:10 am

Kyberious was far more interested in the pixies powers and that they didn't work on the dragon. Draconic power was clearly superior in his mind.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:14 am

Phantom is just thinking how many blast it would take to hurt her if she were to turn on them

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Mecano asks additional questions (I don't have time right now to post them, but if you are interested, I will set up an additional thread for what exactly was discussed during the interaction with Illiana. It will not happen now, though, as I have way too much work to do.

For the supplies available, it is all mundane equipment. Make up a "wish-list" and I will let you know what you are able to rummage from the pile (most mundane equipment will be accepted, but there are some exceptions, like you are not likely to find any spyglasses). Essentially the price of the item will determine its availability with the less expensive items having higher availability. The list may include weapons and/or armor (I doubt anyone will want armor). Again, these lists are subject to approval. Once everyone posts their desired "finds", I will make a post with the items actually received. Feel free to add items from sources like the Ultimate Equipment Guide or the Arms and Equipment Guide should you desire, but the availability of such items is highly questionable, even if they are low in cost. If you have any questions, please post them.

Edit: Make sure to include numbers of items you want. You will find up to the number you request. If you say 10 of everything, there is the possibility you will find 10 of everything. If you say 1 of everything, you will find no more than 1 of everything.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 pm

phantom will not be looking for anything he needs all he has on him. Correction he will look for a few GP

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 am

5 Candles, Paper (scroll paper), ink/pen. Bag of Caltrips. The secret guide to wizards towers, eberron edition. :~) Scroll case. 5 pieces of chalk. spell component pouches. Rope (50ft), if we dont have any. Sunrods? Alchemist fire?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:14 am

Mecano is interested in anything related to making scrolls (to re-make the scroll he used), like scroll case, paper, ink, pen etc.. and anything related to potion creation (empty flasks/bottles and such)

Also, he would search for another backpack (empty) and Oil for the Lamp, as well as something to start a fire (Flint) is the fire breathers are otherwise busy :)

A nice Dagger and a light crossbow with a good batch of bolts would complement his armory, while a belt pouch would be handy to hold gems & coins.

Finally, he will be on the lookout for an 'special' materials (that he heard about)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Kyberious is not much interested in most of the stuff, as warforged he had no need of equipment humans use to compensate for their frialties.

He will look for any form of magnifying glass/jewlers loupe (Arms and equipment guide). Any blank book and some writing impliment so he can make notes and any arcane related items (wizards spellbook/random arcane tomb/anything on dragons). If he finds anything he will look for a bag/rucksack to put it in.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:38 pm

Kyberious finds a magnifying glass, the jeweler's loupe, a blank book, writing implements, but all of the books with writing seem to be business ledgers, trade caravan diaries/journals, or other useless human writing. There are no books of arcane writings or reference materials. He finds an additional bag/rucksack, giving him two total (the one he was given by the guards from Breland (which is largely empty), and now this new one with the magnifying glass, the jeweler's loupe, the blank book, and the writing implements.

Mecano finds a great deal of writing implements and empty flasks/bottles. He finds a scroll case, paper, ink, and inkpen. He also finds a dagger, a light crossbow, a case of 10 bolts, and a belt pouch for gems/coins. He finds no "special" materials, however.

Nine finds his candles, paper, ink/pen, a bag of caltrops, a scroll case, 5 pieces of chalk, a spell components pouch, 50 ft. of hemp rope, 2 sunrods, and one flask of alchemist's fire. He finds a secret guide to wizards towers, dark sun edition, but not eberron edition, sorry :P.

Phantom finds 7gp, 35sp, and 144cp.

(When I said that you should be specific, I was expecting long lists of what you all wanted. I gave you guys pretty free range here. I figured I would be rolling for days!!! Lol. You kept it simple, so I didn't even bother. You found almost everything you were looking for.)

By the time you finish with your scrounging, it is nightfall and Illiana awakens. She finds you and asks, "Are you ready to head to the tower?"

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 pm

"Let's go."
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Not wasting any time, Illiana leads the group through the woods. It is slightly confusing, and even with Mychasi leading, you are not sure you would have found your way through some of the twisting masses of trees. For long periods, the sun was blocked by trees making navigation extremely difficult.

Arriving, Illiana says, "Just beyond this line of trees, everything will begin attacking you. I don't think it is a good idea you going in there, but if that is what you think is best, feel free to try!"

Continuing to ignore the warnings, the group passes the line of trees. Before them lies a forest that looks much like the rest of the forest they came from! As they begin walking, however, the problem presents itself. The trees themselves have begun following the group. Rocks and pebbles are gathering together to create animated creatures that are following along. In front of them, too, the trees begins swarming close. Mychasi looks scared and tries to burrow into the ground, only to find the ground grab a hold of him and begin squeezing. Mychasi manages to escape its grasp, leaps into the air and takes flight, turns, and lets loose a blast of fire at an animated tree. The trees begin swinging at Mychasi, swarming around him. None of the animated creatures have made any hostile movements towards the party (I will assume the party has been trying to fight back, and perhaps are able to take down a tree or two in this time).

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 pm

"Mychasi, get out of reach of those trees, and follow us well above the canopy. Call out if you see anything from up there"
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:26 pm

Mychasi eventually gets out of reach of the trees, and he can fly much faster then them, but realizes the futility of travelling with the group. He will need to land eventually, and when he does, they will descend upon him. He was lucky to get away once, and he does not want to tempt fate again. He calls back, "I will head back and stay behind that tree line when you finish in the tower you know where to find me..."

Continuing on, the group eventually arrives at the tower. On their way, everything looked quite normal. There were no "ghosts" save the ones that awakened when Mychasi was present.

The entrance to the tower has vines reaching for it. It looks as though it has not been lived in for several years. The tower looks to be in fine working order, though!
Last edited by shai-hulud on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:56 pm

"I wonder if there would be traps therein..."
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 pm

I forgot one thins can i have found a small pouch to keep the coins in

i will follow the lead of the party and not blast at the frist thing

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:46 am

Kyberious will use detect magic on the trees, then on the tower when they arrive there.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:58 am

After Mychasi left, did the trees settle down?

Nine will inspect the path up to the door, then the door itself for traps.

Defensively, unsure about he vines.

Search +8

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:54 pm

tdsprouse wrote:After Mychasi left, did the trees settle down?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes: It seems that the trees/rocks can 'sniff out' living creatures... we do not apply to that rule[/occ]

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Richard is correct. The trees and rocks quieted down as soon as Mychasi left. The rest of the journey to the tower was uneventful.

Spot check successful: The vine, which at first looked like an ordinary plant, looks at Nine. Unlike the rest of the area which ignored the party's passage, this thing has noticed Nine.

Edit: Detect Magic reveals that the trees are indeed magical. It is a moderate aura, although Kyberious cannot determine any more about them.

The tower possesses a moderate aura, as well. Aside from the tower, there are no other magical auras.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:38 pm

did the vine look at Nine as he approached, or as he was checking the door?

if the former, he would stop. Pause, move slowly to one side a step, then teh other side. See if the Vine tracks his movement, then he would simply stand still and watch the vine for a moment. And he'll voice his observation of the vine to his companions.

If the later (at teh door), he'll pause and watch it watching him, but he wont move, unless attacked of course. In this case, he'll not vocalize anything, just hoping that the others will see that he has stopped, and will see what he sees.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:06 pm

The vine looks at Nine as he approaches. It is not clear if it tracks his movement, but as he stops, a vine starts creeping ever-so-slowly towards him. The others don't notice it until he points it out.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:27 pm

"Moving vines... nice trap! Well done Nine, I really did not notice them at all. They must try to grab anything coming through the door. How about a bit of fire to clear them?

Mecano looks to the firebreathers...

OUT OF CHARACTER
We have no description of the tower. Mecano will not suggest to burn the vines if the tower is made out of a flammable material, like wood

Thanks!!

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Nine hold his ground for another moment...

Is it just one 'tendril' of the vine sneaking out to him?

If he is not in the line of fire, Nine will pivot 90° on the foot that keeps him facing the vine, and nods to the others. "That may be appropriate."

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:43 am

Kyberious really doesn't need telling twice and firebreath is provided against the vines.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:15 am

Phantom will blast the vines

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:49 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
The tower is made of stone with wooden doors. No one in the party possesses strong enough fire to burn down the tower. Remember the chest? It is like that. You have nothing to worry about.

Yes, it is one vine tentril moving out towards Nine.

Kyberious breathes a line of fire at the plant. It seems to have no effect.

Phantom hurls a blast of eldritch might, but his aim is cockeyed and it hurls into the tower itself.

Nine and Mecano await the destruction of the plant.

Unfortunately, to Nine and everyone else's surprise, the flora begins growing out of control, much like what happened back in the forest. It begins grasping for everyone. Mecano and Phantom are grasped. (Movement is reduced to half speed for everyone. Additionally, Mecano and Phantom are entangled. It seems this spell is less powerful than the one in the fey forest (with less plantlife surrounding the group, no one is "stuck" in place like they were in the forest).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Kyberious will breath fire on the flora and attempt to move out of the growing area.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:52 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
There seems to be confusion about this. The effect that is causing the entanglement is the Entangle spell. It cannot be attacked. It would be like trying to attack the darkness of a Darkness spell.

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”