[LoB] Inside the tower!!!

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

[LoB] Inside the tower!!!

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:44 am

Mecano heals up Nine: 4, then 6 (Nine is at 1 hp, Mecano has 1 infusion left for the day)

The door to the tower is in fact locked, but Phantom unlocks it after two minutes. Opening the door leads to a large foyer with a spiral staircase leading up.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: [LoB] Inside the tower!!!

Post by admin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:08 am

Still kneeling besides Nine: "Nine, can you move? I have never seen so much damage before..."
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:42 pm

"ugh... Yeah, i can move now, thank you,every move feels cruchy though. I dont think i'll be fit for a fight anytime soon."

"I really am starting to hate vines."

Nine slowly moves to follow the others into the Tower.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 am

Keeping my eyes open for any traps as we move along in the tower

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:08 am

Kyberious looks around, detect magic still on.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 am

I try to deduce, and look for, any secret doors here.

I thought there might be more room in here. Or does this room look to take up hte whole of the tower?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 am

Mecano follows, looking out for dangers
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:21 am

Kyberious notices twenty-seven magical auras visible in this main portion of the keep. Concentrating for an additional round, he places all of them on the walls (one of them is continuous all around the walls). One more round, and he has discovered the auras present. They range in strength from faint to moderate. The large aura, spanning the entire building is a moderate abjuration that appears to be some form of generic fortification for architecture. Of the remaining twenty-six, most of them are transmutations, much like the transmutation magic present outside the tower. The final four are illusions (all four illusions are moderate, indicating mid-level magics). Based on his spellcraft, Kyberious figures at least one of them to be a Permanent Image, although the exact nature of the image cannot be determined. Because of the size of these illusions, each one spans a quarter of the keep, travelling all the way up the walls, so it is difficult to determine exactly where the origin of each spell might be or what it is intended to conceal.

As far as the width of this area, no, it does not appear to take up as much space as the tower itself. The tower would likely be much larger (although no one has any Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering for a better estimate).

As Nine is searching the walls, Phantom is searching the floor, and Kyberious is investigating auras, Mecano spots the carpet move slightly of its own volition (likely another animated object, although it seems it may have taken notice of the group, which the rest of the animated objects had not).

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:59 pm

"There is much arcane power here. Most is transmuting one thing to another, some are illusions. They are hiding something - image pulled over your eyes. Image over each quarter of the walls. We must see through it!" Kyberious will go and run his hands across one of the walls, trying to disern about the illusion.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm

"That carpet has moved slightly... Would that also be an illusion?" says Mecano, pointing a it.
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:26 am

Phantom will also check the walls by running his hand over them. As for the carpet he will also try and spot any momment from them as well as any other object

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:15 am

Nine Mumbles..."huh.. Carpet? I wonder... Nah, nevermind"

He's still looking fora secret panel, and with Kybeious' info about the illusions, will try to work thorugh them. keeping half an eye on the carpet.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:37 am

The carpet jumps into action and flies over to Kyberious. It wraps itself around Kyberious, dealing 1 hp non-lethal. Kyberious is grappled.

Mecano is the only one who noticed its movement in time to act in the surprise round.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 am

Geez, these warforged sure don't care about suspicious moving objects...

With an audible sigh, Mecano moves one square NW, and swings at the pesky Carpet with his sharrash.
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:50 am

Perhaps the carpet is just too thick, or perhaps Mecano is trying to avoid catching a piece of Kyberious as he swings, but he misses the rug with his powerful blade.

The carpet won initiative. It begins wrestling Kyberious, dragging him 15' from his previous location (this movement provokes an attack of opportunity from Mecano, should he decide to take it).

Validation is not complete, but I will pause until Mecano decides if he will take the attack or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 am

Yes Mecano swings again

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:12 am

Kyberious is EXTREMELY unlucky! I'm sorry Drac, but there is little I can do for you in this situation. Essentially, that was a bull rush attempt. I rolled Mecano's attack, and it was a natural 20. I rolled the d% to see who it hit (there is a 25% chance in a bull rush attempt that an attack of opportunity hits the defender instead). I rolled in that 25%, so Kyberious was the unlucky recipient of the attack. I rolled your fortification, and unfortunately, it did not protect you. Mecano's swing confirmed with a 26 and the critical dealt 45 damage!!! Ouch!

To complete the validation, the carpet releases Kyberious and flies back a few feet from the corpse. That is a separate movement which also provokes an attack of opportunity from Mecano, but he has none left this round.

Initiative order is Phantom, Nine, Mecano.

Again, sorry draconas.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:41 am

As pieces of Kyberious flies all over the place, Mecano wonders what happened.

Surely there was some basic flaw in Kyberiou's design, as no warforged could be reduced into components in just one good blow.
Yes, the structural integrity has been compromised... most likely at the mourn land creation forge. And that carpet must have damaged him some more.

"Woah! Beware of that Rug!"

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:08 pm

ok lets try this for the 9th time

Phantom will go invis with a move action then attack the rug with a blast useing sneak attack damage

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Phantom goes invisible in hopes that his invisibility will prevent the rug from anticipating his attack. Of course, the rug has no eyes, so it is a mystery how it sees anything in the first place, unless it can see without eyes. Once invisible, Phantom takes a 5' step (to be within sneak attack range) and fires off an eldritch blast, originally aiming for the rug's vital organs, until he decides that rugs don't have vital organs and just fires the blast at it in general (still no sneak attack). Unfortunately, Phantom's aim is off and the blast flies off to hit the wall.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:31 pm

Mecano moves to within 10' of the devilish Rug, and tries to tear it to pieces with sharrash, hoping it stands still long enough to do so.
Thanks!!

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:44 am

Meh, shit happens.

Funny shit though, highly appropreate way for him to go.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Nine goes up two steps on the stairs, to use Higher Ground, and attacks the carpet with short sword.

(+3 atk [+1 more if higher ground counts i think], 1d6+2 dam)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:42 pm

As Nine heads up the stairs, he walks over the carpet, which tries to grab him. He stabs it with his short sword, foiling the grapple attempt and continues towards the stairs. As he walks up the steps, he activates the trap.

A giant mouth appears above him, "Ridgell, I knew you would come! But that is no longer the way, oh no! Haha! I knew you would fall for it because..." The voice simply ends abruptly, not giving any indication of who Ridgell is/was or why this was done.

Above Nine's position, a loud rumbling can be heard, he jumps from the stairs just in the nick of time as the ceiling collapses upon the staircase. Interestingly, behind the rubble, a room is revealed.

Mecano moves in range of the rug, but his swing does not quite catch the rug with the blade, and the battering only knocks out some dust.

The rug heads towards the newly opened room. Nine has already used his attack of opportunity (to prevent the grapple check), but Mecano takes another swing (natural 1) and misses horribly. The rug flies in and wraps itself around one of the columns.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:04 pm

check for traps and pin the rug to were it is

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:28 pm

rednetra wrote:check for traps and pin the rug to were it is
You can use a double movement to get to the rug, but that is 60 feet away. You would have no action left. Additionally, you cannot check for traps AND get to the rug, as checking for traps is done every 5' square, taking a full round action each square. It would take you twelve rounds to check for traps and get to the rug's current position in the other room.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

double movement please

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Phantom rushes in to the room where the carpet flew, and while he moves within the carpet's reach, it does not attack him. Instead, it is firmly wrapped around the pillar in the room, appearing to be trying to carry the pillar away?!? Very odd!

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:28 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Need to know if Mecano sees all this before replying

Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:33 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, he has seen it.

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”