Lord of Blades Encyclopedia

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Lord of Blades Encyclopedia

Post by admin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Took sometime to make... You're welcome to post additional stuff - I'll grab it and insert it in.

NPCs
  • Alanar: race? / Mentioned in Jerrel's Journal. Told Jerrel's to write his Journal. 12 years old at the Journal's first entry.
  • Galamar: Pixie / Came with Illiana at the Gathering
  • Illiana: Pixie / friendly / met in the forest / attention span of a two-year old
  • Jathral Alldon: Human / Guard Captain that Phantom is ordered to serve under (Phantom's hearing)
  • Jerrel: Human / Was a druid, studied with Xander. Abandoned in the woods by his parents. His Journal
  • Leo Burtog: Human / Gave us our assignment to investigate the undeads
  • Mychasi: Baby Brass Dragon / talks too much!
  • Ricket: Satyrs /mentionned by Illiana
  • Ridgell: Human / Dead brother of Xander
  • Salyni: Pixie / Mentioned in Jerrel's Journal: I also have to study with Salyni every day. She will help me control my arcane powers. Female: Her mind is too chaotic
  • Shahanine: nymph / mentionned by Illiana. Note: Don't point! That is Shahanine. She is a nymph. Give her a wide berth, as she is not forgiving of those who do not show the proper etiquette, and that could take years to learn.
  • Wrath: Warforged / Priest of the Lord of Blades.
  • Xander: Human / Wizard (11th level estimate) The owner of the Tower in the Forest. Created a Living Spell (Ooze) that is "animating everything" using a minor scheme (Ref. Jerrel's Journal)
MISC Info
  • Brass Dragons: Immune to Fire and Sleep spells
  • Church of the Silver Flame: Usually abhor undead and relentlessly seek out their destruction.
  • Greensingers: From Jerrel's Journal: Now, in addition to learning the history of the Greensingers...
  • Illiana, commenting on Satyrs: They don't really stick to bargains struck and deals made! We have an old saying... never swallow the red thistleberry and never make a deal with a satyr!
  • Jerrel's Journal found at the Tower of Xander. Here.
  • Karrnathi undead: possess intelligence
  • Living Spell: A living spell is a creature created when magic goes awry. It is an ooze that is pure magic energy. It has no will of its own. They are vulnerable to weapons enhanced by magic. They are resistant to magic spells. From what was described in Jerrel's Journal, Xander created a Living Spell that is wandering free in the forest, animating "everything". Two spells are involved in creating the ooze: Animate Objects (from the schema... unknown caster level) and Permanency (Xander cast it himself). The ooze is powered based on the highest caster level of spell used in its creation.
  • Schemas are the magic of Eberron in recorded form. They are the backbone of Eberron. They are the reason there is a lightning rail. They are the reason warforged exist. They are the reason airships exist. Without schemas, Eberron would not have its magitechnology. More here. Note that there are common and that they are used to cast magics many times over. This is what allows a castle to be filled with Everbright Lanterns, for example.
  • Thorns: look like walking trees, not fond of visitors
  • Treaty of Thronehold: mentionned by the Breland Judge
  • The three moons: (ref)
    • Barrakas the Lantern, a pale grey moon
    • Sypheros, the Shadow, a a smoky grey moon
    • Aryth, the Gateway, an orange-redmoon
PLACES
  • Ryllowyn, the treeborn city of the Khalis family. Watch your manners. Never draw a weapon within the city. I highly doubt that you will meet any of the nobility, but should you have any concerns, offer a gift. Gift-giving is seen as one of the highest forms of respect. Keep in mind, the value of the gift is not in its utility, but in its value to you. The more you cherish the gift, the more respect you show to your recipient. The gift need not be material in nature at all, for that matter. Many of the denizens here can speak common, and should you need a translator, I will be with Her. You may send word with any of the fey you meet who do speak Common well enough if you get into any trouble. Perhaps, if She is in a good mood, you may even meet Her. Description: Spread out before you is a glowing pool of blue water with white lights beneath the surface at the bottom of a valley.Flowers are growing in fields around the pool. They provide a rainbow of fluorescence which lights up everything around. Perhaps most amazing of all is a giant tree in the center of the pool of water. The tree is so massive that it is taller than the valley is deep and its canopy is too high for the bright light below to reach it. Its trunk is several hundred feet in diameter, reflecting the glow from the pool and the flowers surrounding it. As the group descends into the valley, fireflies and tiny fey flutter about by the hundreds, perhaps even thousands. Approaching the great tree, you notice that it is not a single tree, but a mass of many trees twisting together.
  • Thelanis: Plane
MAPS
  • Map of the Undead

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: Lord of Blades Encyclopedia

Post by admin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Sharn Mission
Given by Wrath: For your first task, our cause has need for you in Sharn. Our contacts there indicate there may be an item of immense power that we would like recovered. To begin, you will locate our contact named Cutter. She will give you more information on how to proceed. You will need to sneak into the city, as we have no Brelish travel papers. The easiest port of entry is through an underground tunnel we have discovered. It is filled with toxic gases, so the weak-fleshed races don't go there. Once you are in Sharn, do your best to blend in. We don't want to stir up any trouble until we locate the lost artifact."

Mecano: "An item of immense power?"
Wrath: "Yes, it is quite powerful. We are not sure what it does, only that it was lost. Galifar is a crumbling empire of the flesh-creatures, and we know that this artifact is older than the empire. It exists in the ruins beneath Sharn, the City of Towers. We are not sure where, but Cutter has been investigating the matter.

Mecano: "What does it do, and who stole it?"
Wrath: "The item was not stolen, only lost to time. And stealth will only be important because others may also be searching for this artifact. With it in our possession, we may learn some of the mysteries of the magics of this world. I wish I could tell you more, but alas, our intelligence is limited to what Cutter has told us."

Phantom: "Where will we find cutter and whats does she look like?"
Wrath: "I am not sure where Cutter has set up residence. Find areas with warforged and ask for her."

Nine: "What is the item? What does it look like? Or, more to the point, how will we know when we've found it?"
Wrath: " I don't know what the item is. Cutter will fill you in with more details on the specifics of the mission. We only know that House Cannith is looking for it. We believe there is even a split in House Cannith, so different parts of the house are keeping secrets from itself. Cutter has been able to exploit that and use it to her advantage."

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:46 pm

To unlock Xander's Spell book....

Ridgell!

I knew you would figure it out! I promised you that when I outgrew my spellbook, I would leave it to you, but I wouldn't let it be that easy! You are not to open it until you are ready for it! So, to deactivate the traps, you must cast the following spells in the following order on the front cover of the book. I have set it to disable the traps inside:

Dispel Magic
Transmute Mud to Rock
Veil
Stone to Flesh

Once you cast those four spells, the book is yours!

--Xander
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 am

Updated the races of some creatures we didn't have, and added the PLACES section
R

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”