Meeting the fey (All but Phantom)

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: Meeting the fey (All but Phantom)

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Hm... Oh, that's me? I thought something might have been eating near by. Verbal takes one step lunge at the nearest group of fey trying to frighten them and any others from more pranks.

Scaring the Fey out of pranks (1d20-2=5)

It seems they just laugh at him.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 am

Nine Pauses, Verbal, let me look in you pack...

He takes a look, anything out of the ordinary? He then looks in his pack. Anything missing? Of course, he knows how his was packed.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 am

When Nine looks into Verbal's pack, it is filled with colored rocks, feathers, and twigs. The crunching was apparently woven twigs crunching as they snapped under the weight in the packs. These stones, feathers, and twigs look very much like the gifts the fey were giving each other. How they got into Verbal's pack without him realizing it is quite the mystery...

When Nine checks his own pack, he finds much the same thing. And when Mecano checks his, his pack is nearly full to the brim with these "gifts".
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 am

This is quite enough for me! He say seeming irritated. Mychasi, would you kindly point us to a room we can sort our gear out at? I'm really getting my fill. Realizing the pun, Verbal roles his eyes.
He turns to any fey in earshot, I neither understand or share any appreciation to these pranks and am quite insulted by this persistence. Please stop!
Image Image

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 pm

What about everythign else that was in there? if that is all missing Nine is visibly angry.

If its all missing Then
Mychasi, Wait. Nine empties his pack onto the floor. Angrily looks around at all the fey nearby, looking for the culprit. looks back it the pile of stuff. Wonders if its an illusion. If he spots the prankster, he glares at him/her with all the annoyance, anger, and sadness that his misshapen face can muster. Where are my things?!?

Else
If his stuff is in the pack, he gets a very annoyed look, and repacks his pack. Then holds it in front of him.

Edit...
OUT OF CHARACTER
err... I start this post before Verbal posted. since he acted first, Nine's actions would be the same, except for calling on Mychasi to wait.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Mecano shakes his head at the unexpected situation
The Fey obviously do not have the same notion of ownership as we have... He muses
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:45 pm

It's beside that Mecano. It's never ending prank after prank after prank; over and over and over. I mean, just how do continue to no erupt in conflict? Behavior like this would clearly start up some sort of strife in other cities. Verbal is clearly at an end and looking to Mychasi for advice in how to stop this.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Yes, other cities... But we are not even on the same Plane as the 'other cities'....!! I would imagine the Fey around here quite excited at the prospect of playing their pranks on 'new blood'... Perhaps a one in a lifetime chance for them some of them! Mecano says.

In any case, I don't think it would be useful to get angry about any of this... He concludes
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
About whether your own things are still in your packs, yes, everything you had is still there. You just have a lot of "gifts" or "junk" as well (take your pick). It does not actually slow you down to have your packs stuffed with crap, and in fact, would likely dissuade the fey from adding anything else, since the packs are getting full already. If you wanted, just continue to ignore it, and eventually, your packs will be too full for them to add anything else. If you get angry, you can easily scare away the pranksters. Verbal and Nine get the impression (from untrained sense motive checks) that the packs are actually filled based on how much you play to the crowd after a prank. Mecano, who has been playing to the crowd a lot, has a completely full pack. Nothing else would fit in. Verbal and Nine have half-way full packs of crap.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:56 am

As i siad then, Nine is a little annoyed, but not angry.

I suppose you right Mecano. Besides, maybe we can use this stuff for trade if we see something useful.

An he does hold his pack in front for the time being.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:33 am

Gaining his composure and understanding, Verbal returns his pack to his back. Please, forgive me for that. I don't know what came over me. THINKING: They can't fill my pack beyond its capacity so might as well let it fill, but what other pranks await us?
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 am

Glad this seems to be resolved, Mecano says Let's proceed then!
Thanks!!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:44 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I apologize for the delay, all. I have been helping Richard complete TOS+ 2.0 and then I got slammed with work and schoolwork. I hope to be back to posting semi-regularly.

As Mychasi leads the group around, different cultural spectacles abound in the city. If the fey work, it appears they do so only because they enjoy what they do. With no system of barter or any monetary worth, fey seem to be incredibly independent, living together out of common interest rather than necessity. An individual fey seems to be capable of providing all of the essentials of its own life by itself, but together, they engage in odd cultural activities that are not entirely apparent to their purpose. Some might be games, but others seem to be nearly ritualistic with no goal in sight. A few fey speak common, although that is unusual here.

What would catch your interest: Games? Odd rituals? Random passers-by? (If any of these catch your interest, I'll start a separate thread for interacting with them. For the most part, I am going to move on. Expect a new thread soon which will conclude your time in this plane.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 am

Nine would be interested in all of it, but unsure/skidish of approaching and the activity, and fearful of loseing the group and getting lost. So he is constantly craning his neck looking around, but stays with the rest.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:30 am

Mychasi, Verbal calls out waving a hand, I'm most interested in the activities I've been seeing as we pass. While I'm most grateful of you being our tour guide, I'm hoping that perhaps I might be able to have some time to learn more of these games and rituals. I'd like that once we leave here, I'll know as much as can be learned of this plane. Verbal looks to Mecano and Nine, That is of course unless my companions have other interests that might be of better use to our visit?
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 am

As we won't be here forever, it might be interesting to soak up as much as we can... Who knows how that knowledge may be of use in the future...Mecano says, curious of what the group may yet see.
Thanks!!

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”