Meeting the fey (All but Phantom)

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: Meeting the fey (All but Phantom)

Post by admin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Nine wrote:Can we get Back? what are we suppose to do here? I feel a bit out of place.
Are you not the least curious about this whole new wold?Mecano asks
Oh wait... the world we are from IS new for you, isn't it? Mecano realizes how young Nine probably is
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 pm

admin wrote:Well then... Let's go visit this Ryllowyn place! And Verbal, what about this plane that is good...? Mecano exclaims, now getting excited at being in a totally new place where new discoveries might await them.
Oh! Um... Well, yes, yes. This is so intriguing; new plane and all. It's good that we were invited to come, at least to me it is. There could be much to learn here I think. Yes, let's see this Ryllowyn person; thing, did Gellar say who Ryllowyn was; is?
admin wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Nine wrote:Can we get Back? what are we suppose to do here? I feel a bit out of place.
Oh, yes. I expect this manifest zone will remain for a time. Could be hours, maybe days. We should ask, I think, in how long this will last.
Are you not the least curious about this whole new wold?Mecano asks
Oh wait... the world we are from IS new for you, isn't it? Mecano realizes how young Nine probably is
It's okay Mecano for Nine to be concerned. We should keep some guard up.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Verbal wrote:It's okay Mecano for Nine to be concerned. We should keep some guard up.
Thinking on how the Fey ganged up on that monster earlier to destroyed it in a seconds, Mecano simply shrugs.
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:41 am

Yes, this is all very new. Walking away from the mournlands was the first time I'd ever seen color's like that. And now this is more than that.

I am quite curious about this place, it is very fascinating. But i cant help but feel out of place.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:09 am

Unfortunately, my friend, I think we feel out of place everywhere. I just never pay it any mind.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:34 pm

As the group approaches the mass of trees that is supposedly a city, they notice that most of the fey fly up to different levels of the trees and begin walking around, but the warforged don't have wings. In fact, it is rather confusing to figure out how to enter at all! Gellar seems to be missing at this point. There are plenty of fey intrigued with the party, but they are not talking to them. Their interest seems to be more like children pointing and laughing, not realizing that their actions could be portrayed as rude. Perhaps the warforged don't care, though, as they might not have been trained in the etiquette of the flesh races.

After searching for a while, Mychasi flies up from behind them and starts laughing. He begins, Can't find a way in can you it would be a lot easier if you had wings but you don't need wings to be able to get in all you need to do is find the entrance and I know where that is but I'm not sure I should talk to you anymore because the druids say that you aren't my family that they are my family but Gellar likes you so maybe I can have two families I am not sure though because warforged might not have souls but if Gellar is right and they do then maybe I belong with you showing you the way to live naturally with the world maybe that is what you truly lack or if not then I should stay with my friends here in the forest it is so beautiful here so do you want me to show you the entrance to the city because if you do I can fly around and then we can talk about some of what has happened what do you think or should I just go my own way do you want me to be family or were you happier without me I can leave if you don't want me around of course but I liked traveling with you so what will it be?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Being a bit of a talker himself at times, in this, Verbal is actually stammered. He looks at Mychasi and says, Um... Okay? Um... What? Oh, yes, sure. I'm sorry, but what was your question? Distracted by Mychasi's fast talk and questions in questions, Verbal trips over a root and falls to the ground.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:16 pm

MychasiMecano begins.

We cannot decide for you which path you should take. This is a decision you will have to make for yourself. But know that we are very glad for your presence - not only as a powerful ally with amazing senses, but also for the incredible gift of knowledge you possess, specially for natural things. and, well you already know we lack in that domain. Yes, without you, we are diminished. But as your friends, our only wish would be for you to be happy where you are - wherever that may be, even it is not at our side. Mecano says.

As for 'Family', I believe that those are the people/creatures for which you share your lives with. We did all we could to keep you safe and comfortable, even building that huge bonfire that, in the end, caused us much grief. You must understand that leaving you behind at the tower was not ideal, but the only solution to keep you SAFE and allow us to investigate that cursed tower. And the Druids are mightily happy that we did so for them, as we have given them the knowledge necessary to rid the Forest of that sickness. If you wish to live a quiet life, then for sure you should stay in this forest with the Druids. They will protect you and nurture you. If you come with us, for sure you will encounter many more adventures and perils. Only you can decide which road Mychasi wishes to follow.... Mecano concludes
Thanks!!

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:30 am

Mychasi, Mecano is correct. We would be honored to have you with us. We will eventually be heading to Sharn. I dont know what that's going to be like, but if it is something you would like to see, you're presence would be welcome.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:04 am

Mecano's head turns toward Nine at the mention of Sharn.

THINKING: He still thinks he can pull the Sharn mission off! What an impossible mission that is, considering the distance. And how will Phantom ever survive in a city full of humans, which he hates so much!

Mecano turns back to Mychasi, deciding to keep this discussion for a later date.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 am

Mychasi chatters on more about his confusion, walking in front of the group as he chatters on. Sometimes, it seems like he hasn't heard a word any of you have said, then other times, he repeats it nearly verbatim. It is clear that he hasn't made up his mind yet, but in the meantime, he will travel with you while you are in Thelanis. He leads you around the twisted mass of trees, and as he walks around, he approaches a large root. He walks underneath it. It is large enough for the entire party. Underneath it, the group can see that the ground beneath the mass of trees here leads downward. Following Mychasi, the group rounds a corner to enter the city in the trees.

As the group enters, they see many different kinds of fey. Some are very small, some are very large. It seems that fey come in more varieties than the common races! The underground city is massive, with tunnels leading every direction. Somewhere along the way, Mychasi asks what you would like to see of the city. Are you just looking for a tour, or something in particular?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 am

Can you please give us a tour Mychasi? Mecano asks, a bit out of his element.
Thanks!!

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:33 am

A tour would be great Mychasi. By the way, Have you been here before?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 am

Oh yes, please. A tour would be so generous, Mychasi. How much do you know of Thelanis?
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:03 am

Remembering something, Mecano asks Mychasi: Mychasi, what was that creature the Fey fell upon earlier? Was is it called? Why did the fey attack it?
Thanks!!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:23 am

Could it be that when this [portal] opened, its opening created a momentary gap to another realm and this "thing" slipped through?
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Update coming tomorrow!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:14 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Update coming tomorrow!
Damn schoolwork and government forms got in the way! For a quick validation, I'll put Mychasi's answers:

Mychasi stands triumphantly and says, Of course I have never been here but that doesn't stop a dragon you see they let me see a map of where we would go after the ritual was complete and using my superior draconic intellect I memorized the map so I know where things are although not everything but enough so that I can show you all around and the creature was some sort of undead the druids don't like undead much I don't know where it came from but I'm glad they destroyed it... Mychasi continues talking as he begins his tour.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:20 pm

Verbal listens intently as Mychasi talks taking in as much as he can to learn of this plane.
Image Image

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 am

Thats Great, Mychasi! Thanks for helping us.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 am

As Mychasi leads the way beneath the catacombs underneath the great tree, it occurs to some of you that the water that surrounded the massive structure is not filling up the underground area. The tunnels must have taken ages to dig, as they are expansive, often leading into entire underground rooms. All of the passages are lit by strange glowing plants that the party has never seen. Mychasi calls them 'glowplants' amid his ramblings, although he also refers to them as 'mycena', although none of the names sound familiar. As the party travels through the tunnels, fey of all sizes greet the travelers with stares, jibes, and occasionally pranks. The group is tripped every few hundred feet by a giggling little creature or illusions are cast to mock the group. The fey either don't seem to realize or don't seem to care that their antics may be hurtful to the group.

Different venues are passed where groups of fey of specific varieties have gather and are telling stories or jokes. The party is invited to sit in on numerous occasions, and they seem to be as accepted at the same time as being mocked. Mychasi is also the brunt of many jokes, although his fiery temper tends to scare away any would-be "assailants".

How does the group act towards the mocking? Do you put up with it, trying to find the humor the creatures are attempting, or do you resist it as Mychasi does?

As you continue through the maze, Mychasi eventually leads you to a root that he climbs up. The root is coiled such that it can be easily climbed by those without wings. It creaks under the weight of the heavy warforged, but it does not break. Now, the party is walking through hallways where the trees have actually grown on their own to create the structure. As they wander through hallways, the trees give way to entire rooms that seem to have grown naturally! Unlike the underground passages that were dug, it doesn't appear that any hands played a part in the creation of these structures. Instead, it is an entire city grown naturally! When questioned, Mychasi rambles on about a spell that shapes the trees as the fey desire without actually hurting the trees.

Throughout the city, there are many separate structures. Each separate structure is devoted to a different family. The fey seem to maintain very strong familial bonds. On one occasion, the party passes one of the druids who had come through to this plane with them. Apparently, he is not talking to "her", either. As the group explores the city within the trees, their path continues upwards. Apparently, the city is quite layered, with various levels devoted to different species of fey. There are some fey that offer food and drink, although there does not seem to be any system of payment. When a fey passes by who wants something, they simply leave something else behind of their choice. The item left behind could be a feather, a stone, or even a prank played upon the one who gave away the item or service. The fey seem to lack the concept of economy, with the only form of payment being the tradition of gift-giving that the group was informed about.

Some of the fey seem interested in the group, although few speak Common, so communication is extremely limited. Throughout, Mychasi is describing everything, even as you are looking at it.

If items intrigue you, they are all free, so I can give you a list of items that you can receive, should you desire. If there is a specific item that you are looking for, ask, and I will tell you if you can find it. Keep in mind that the fey have no use for most mundane items that you would find. Items they find interesting tend to be trinkets that the common races find worthless, much like the ones described above. Trying to detect magic here is next to impossible. The entirety of the city is covered in transmutations, illusions, and abjurations. Distinguishing individual auras is possible, but confusing, as they are frequently overlapped by illusion, making anyone detecting magic wonder if what they are seeing really exists at all!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:13 am

While walking through the underground, Verbal catches a glint from the ground. When he looks to see he spots a smooth round stone of dark earthen hues with clear crystal-like veins running through it. He picks it up and looks it over while watching his step and keeping up with Mychasi, Mecano, and Nine.

As he's looking at the interesting stone, he notices a glimmer from inside the crystal-like veins. When he brings the stone closer to his face to see better the stone suddenly bursts. Mychasi, Maecano, and Nine didn't notice Verbal suddenly covered in a cloud of glitter dust. When he emerges from the cloud he's covered head to toe in glitter. Brushing it all off will take some time, but he continues walking on, the whole time laughter and teasing follow as some fey follow for a while bemused by Verbal's perplexity.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:04 am

Mecano will play out the Pranks, making sure the originator of the pranks are happy with their results (i.e. if being tripped, Mecano will clown out his attempts to remain standing, and such). This reminds him of the Halfling Children which just loved to see the results of their pranks working good.

When walking beside the items, Mecano will slowly examine each one, perhaps leaving a Gold Piece if he decides to take the item. He listens to Mychasi, trying to remember as much of the information as possible - including the way out!
Thanks!!

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 am

Nine is not Hostile to the prank players, nor does he play along. He simply appears to not yet understand. He knows they are not angery or hostil in nature (for the most part).

He does listen intently to Mychasi, trying to make sense of everything. Though, with so much information, it will take time to study.

Nine does look at the trinkets and baubles that are about, but seems to have no interest in them, though perhaps some could be used as spell components.

Mycahsi, How long have the Fey been here?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 am

Verbal is still dusting glitter off. Though he knows now it's not a good idea to just "find" something, he tries not to let the pranks interfere with him learning about this place and it's inhabitants. If he does become the brunt of other pranks, he remains somewhat indifferent not seeing any sense in it.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:37 pm

As you look at what is offered, much of it is food and drink. Occasionally, rocks, feathers, tree branches, leaves, and other natural items are offered because the fey think them "pretty". They are often called "gifts" from Thelanis to be shared by all. Mecano inspects several of these items, intrigued by their magical nature, but not sure if he is interested in taking items with no apparent use. Very occasionally, worn items are offered, like hats, charm bracelets, necklaces, and more. Many of these are not sized for a creature as large as he is, but he takes two hats: one made for a tiny creature and one made for a medium creature, a necklace made for a tiny creature, and two charm bracelets made for small creatures. He leaves a gold piece for each, but then gives up on his attempts to find clothing, or at least gives up until he locates more items that might actually fit him. He would look aweful silly wearing the hat made for a tiny creature, and the charm bracelets would only fit over two or three of his fingers. The necklace is about the same size as the charm bracelets, and of equally little use for him.

As you continue, you all begin to feel weak. The fey seem to have played a prank that saps a little of your strength, and you strain under the weight of your packs. It is not enough to slow anyone down, but it is noticeable. Unlike the other pranks that end quickly, this one remains. When asked, Mychasi doesn't seem to notice anything and he suggests that if you just let the pranksters know that you won't have any of their pranks, they will stop.

When asked about how long the fey have been here, he explains, That is actually rather interesting because depending on who you talk to the fey have many different creation stories from the idea that Thelanis is fey and is the mother of them all to the idea that the fey have simply always been and always will be some even claim that they remember creation and that they are that old while others claim that those stories are just for bragging and shouldn't be taken seriously I have heard stories that the first fey was born from a tree bud or was shaped out of mud some even believe that the first fey simply willed themselves to exist they have no gods or higher powers beyond Thelanis itself...

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 pm

allright, allright ... I'll ignore the pranks Mecano says
Thanks!!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:59 pm

That's interesting. I'd have figured they would all be of the same belief and concept, but yet they have such a diverse spectrum; so familiar to what I understand of other races. Take humans for example, within their own race are so many different faiths and religious philosophies. Ask any human how their kind came to be and they too will have an abundance of concepts.
Why even us [warforged] have different ideas of how we came to be. Yes, while we were in the beginning hand made by man, to this day no one theory can pinpoint definitively how we established free will. Verbal tries adjusting his backpack to ease the load some.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Verbal tries adjusting his backpack to ease the load some.
His backpack crunches oddly as he does.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:29 pm

Verbal, your backpack seems to have developed a crunchiness.... Mecano says lightly at the sound of Verbal's backpack
Thanks!!

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”