The New Bladeforged Party

Created by the mysterious Master of the Mournlands, journey about to secure your place as the rightful inheritors of Eberron!
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

The New Bladeforged Party

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:40 am

Wrath says to Phantom, You possess a strong personality. Far stronger than any other warforged I have met. You are a natural leader, so I task you with leading a new group to complete your task. This time, your travel will be paid for in advance.

I would like to introduce you to the new members of your team. They are powerful warriors, ready to follow your commands. This here is Brother Steel. He is a member of the clergy. You would do well to listen to his advice. He possesses great insight. Next, we have two who were forged here, much as you were: Larz and Stomp. Larz possesses some arcane ability while Stomp is effective using both powerful and precise strikes against your foes. And finally, we have Hider. He is a loyal follower of Brother Steel. Learn their strengths and lead them to success for our cause!

During your last trip, additional information has come to our attention. It seems that our contact in Sharn was defeated by mercenaries hired by House Cannith. He was unable to secure the schema. Fortunately, we have spies within House Cannith itself! They indicate that a copy has been made. It is being studied in a secret House Cannith forge in an area of Sharn known as the Cogs. Specifically, it is in the Blackbones district. You are to travel to an inn run by two warforged named Hammer and Blue. Blue is fervently opposed to the cause of the Lord of Blades, but Hammer secretly supports us. When you arrive, tell Hammer, "The meat is weak." He will reply, "So the blade must cut." He will pass you a note which will contain a map indicating how you may gain access to the forge. Be wary, though. One of our agents was captured. House Cannith has increased security at the forge, and your intrusion will undoubtedly be expected. Fortunately, there are no guards in that area. You should have no trouble infiltrating their operation, killing any who get in your way. Once you have retrieved the schema, though, they will undoubtedly send mercenaries against you. You must return to the City of Blades as rapidly as possible.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Re: The New Bladeforged Party

Post by rednetra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 am

Wrath i am honored with the mantel of leadership. I do not think that i am ready. I am too quick to act and fear i will hurt my brothers here. Maybe Brother Steel would be better fitted too lead.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 am

Sometimes, those reluctant to lead are the best leaders. I'm sure Wrath has put leadership on your shoulders for a reason. I know of you Phantom. You are strong in your faith and loyal to your Lord, I'm pleased to be working with you, I am ready to follow and advise.

Brother Steel is a big, heavy warforged, with Armored Plates attached/integrated into his body. It's relativly obvious that he cant move real fast, but some might surmise that he doesnt need to. He carries a Greatsword on his back, and a many pocketed haversack over a shoulder. Hanging from his wrist, by a short chain, is the symbol of the Lord of Blades.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:33 am

I thank you for your words sir and if you think it is wise i would like to share the leadership role as there is only one true leader and that is our Lord.

Phontom is black with Red vain running all over his body. he has a tail that does not seem like it works at all . He looks as if he is about to fall apart made with sub standard parts the only thing that looks sturdy is his new arm-blade. also his head is a bit smaller then his body should have it. last his one hand on his body has 5 digest and looks rather human.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 am

Stomp steps up:
Stomp.jpg
I am STOMP. I am ready to execute both our mission, and anyone in our way...

The shoulder blade on STOMP's body are one of the largest ones you have ever seen, dwarfing his head in the middle!
Stomp's main weapon is a Steel Greatsword, which he is handling with great ease. A greatclub is attached to his hip, and a sturdy backpack held on his back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:57 am

it is a honor too me you stomp

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:01 am

It will be an Honor for us to follow your lead, Phantom Stomp replies.

I am ready to proceed
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:30 am

im a Warforge of few words and much action let us go and carry out our Lord will. If you permite me to Touch you each every 24 hours you will be unaffected by one of my ability. I would also like to see what people can do. i find it helpful to plan out things. Myself. I have taken after a fallen comrade and able to shoot Energy blast as well as have a breath weapons. i have other magical affects from these one is my touching you to render my breath weapons harmless too you.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:32 pm

My name is Larz. As strong as I am, you'll find my spells are good too. With each word spoken, Larz's jaw clanks and rattles as if it might fall off should he speak too much. This flaw makes it difficult for him to whisper. His body armor has nicks and scratches, but is otherwise in good condition.
Our Lord has called me to your service Phantom and I come. By your command I follow, you may touch me if this is what your power requires.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Hider, a warforged scout whose forge markings have been scratched off his body, says, I am decent at sneaking, so should you need an infiltrator, I may be capable in that regard, but I don't possess the skill or power that the rest of you do.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Yes you may touch me as you need, Phantom. Can you lead us to this Sharn place? Stomp asks
Thanks!!

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Of course Phantom, You have my Trust. As for me, as Wrath said, I am a member of the clergy here. And as such, i am quite proficient in our Lords favored weapon.

Hider, dont sell yourself short, you have quite enough skill. You will be fine. When trouble comes, work your way around, opposite one of us.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:14 am

Stomp turns to Hider
Oh, indeed, as Brother Steel says, if you can work your way around foes so we can flank them, I have the ability to target vital parts of foes to cut them down even faster... I don't move very fast with all that heavy plating. Stomp claims.
Thanks!!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 pm

When do we start? Larz rattles out seeming ready to get started.
Image Image

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Then let us go. For we have wasted time already if you have not heard about the deserters. Wrath can we have a map.

Phantom will wait for the payment that was said to be given and then they will start out for Sharn.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Yes, lets get started.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 pm

rednetra wrote:Then let us go. For we have wasted time already if you have not heard about the deserters. Wrath can we have a map.

Phantom will wait for the payment that was said to be given and then they will start out for Sharn.
As the group prepares to depart, they are given letters of passage. The three new members are given identification papers and travel documents. The letters of passage pay for a round trip voyage from Starilaskur to Sharn and back. Shorter distances would also be covered, if the group decided not to head to Starilaskur.

A map is given. It looks very familiar to Phantom (I'm not going to bother creating one at the moment, although if it seems like a map would be beneficial, I will... currently it doesn't). The travel to the border is still a walk, though. They have no better means of transportation yet. Aside from Phantom having not completed the task he was assigned from Starilaskur, it seems like a much easier method of travel to Sharn this time, given that their travel is already paid for.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:34 pm

I am not welcome back into Starilaskur. For what happend with my last party. we were given a task and it was not done. i wish not to go near the Meat bag city there. is there another way

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:49 pm

rednetra wrote:I am not welcome back into Starilaskur. For what happend with my last party. we were given a task and it was not done. i wish not to go near the Meat bag city there. is there another way
Wrath says, To humans, we all look the same. The last group had only four warforged. Now, you are five. If they give you any trouble, claim that this is your first time to the city, and give a different name. For the rest of you, this really will be your first time to the city. Remember, you are going into lands that are not controlled by us. Keep as low a profile as you can. If you must take action, do it, but you are not an army. The mission is what matters. Don't start a crusade without reinforcements. You don't have to like the meat bags, but do your best to figure out what is expected of you and give them what they expect.

Alternatively, you could bypass Starilaskur and travel from the next town, but the walk there would increase your travels by several weeks. The longer you take to arrive at your destination, the longer it will take to achieve our objectives. Ultimately, Phantom, the decision is yours.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:14 am

"I am all for dooping the flesh race. what do the rest say. if yes then let us go and carry out our lords will"

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:19 am

Keeping a low profile will be a mission in itself! Stomp rumbles.
ok I understand. We are not to engage the meat bags unless forced to do so Stomp says, ready to follow the expedition's leader, Phantom.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 pm

I have been called on to serve our Lord by aiding Phantom. I'm as ready as I'll every be. Larz says with a bunch of clangs and rattles and even a click.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 am

Much like the last journey, here are the key events of note:

As the group sets out, the journey is quite slow. Three party members are restricted by their heavy bodies, and one is restricted by his size. Hider has an easier time moving than the three with adamantine bodies, though. After a week of travel, all seems to be going according to plan. The group has made decent time, avoiding any major encounters. However, in the distance, the group can make out a rather odd sight. About five hundred feet away, there appears to be a gathering of living spells. No one in the party knows the significance of such an event. Investigation could prove extremely dangerous, or extremely fortuitous.

As the party is approaching the dead gray mist that separates the Mournlands from Breland, the gray sky begins to light up several miles ahead. It is incredibly difficult to tell what is happening. Stomp has some idea, though (PMing Richard). From the sounds, it almost seems as though the Day of Mourning is happening all over again!

After that, it is smooth traveling to the vicinity of Starilaskur.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:48 am

Event #1 wrote:gathering of living spells.
Stomp will defer to Phantom as to investigating this or not.
Event #2 wrote:As the party is approaching the dead gray mist that separates the Mournlands from Breland, the gray sky begins to light up several miles ahead. It is incredibly difficult to tell what is happening. Stomp has some idea, though (PMing Richard). From the sounds, it almost seems as though the Day of Mourning is happening all over again!
I do not understand why this is, but I saw some kind of floating box, which has been hit by a column of red smoke coming from below. The box seems to have been damaged, and it is currently falling slowly to the ground... In that direction, about one day of travel from here Stomp explains.

Do you wish to investigate Phantom?Stomp asks the Leader
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:21 am

"one of the daserters said to stay clear of Living spells so we will not investigat that. as for the rest we can not get distracted from our lords mission"

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 am

Understood. I will ignore all distractions on our way, to avoid wasting time Stomp promises
Thanks!!

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:50 am

"let us not ignore thing. we need too keep eye sockets open. you have too understand the deserting traders got distracted and the one that I now match classes with died and they went off with druids and never too return."

(OOC: at this point phantom will tell the party everything about the last party)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 am

Looking at Stomp and Pantom Larz clanks, While we have a mission that requires our remaining focused and true, disregarding all "distractions" may not be good. Some could be potential dangers to hinder our progress. We should at least make a note of them and decide if it requires our attention. But again, this is your call Phantom, We follow as you deem best. Mine is merely a suggestion.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:04 am

With the decision made to press on, once you pass through the dead gray mist, you notice a strange sight. In the distance, a building appears to be FLYING horizontally along the border of the Mournlands!!! The building doesn't seem to take any notice of the party and continues on its journey. The building itself, however, is HUGE! It could likely fit the entire City of Blades within it thrice over!!!

As the party continues, eventually the flying fortress disappears from sight. The approach to Starilaskur is now upon you. Fortunately, you avoid all border patrols and soon find yourselves in the city proper. You are stopped and asked for identification papers once. Providing them, however, along with travel papers out of the city, and the questioning officials quickly dismiss you all as "someone else's problem".

Is there anything you would like to do? The lightning rail doesn't arrive for two days.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:14 am

Xim am not a dicktater. I want you input and like I said infront of Warth we all make the choise. so if you wish to investigat please speak up. I just do not want too return alone back to the lord of blads. "
after getting into the city phantom does not wish do to anything.

how hard is it too sell the cloak and how much would I get.

Return to “FFE - Lord of Blades [FULL]”