Introductions [BG]

Join groups of warforged as they roam the Mournlands in search of proof of their God's divine hand in the creation of Eberron!
User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Introductions [BG]

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:42 am

"Many thanks to the Becoming God, for his vision allows my soul to grow.

"I welcome you all to this Assemblage. I am Architect, and I will be your guide. My goal is to show you the beauty of your souls. I hope that you will realize the wonders that the Becoming God has bestowed upon you. Together, I hope we might locate powerful relics to use in the construction of the body of our creator and in the enhancement of our own vessels.

"You have all been created here in the Mournlands in a reactivated House Cannith Creation forge. The forge is small, and unfortunately, your bodies have been ravaged by this harsh land, but the Becoming God still saw fit to bless your vessels with souls. Your bodies are meant for greatness, of that you can be certain.

"Today is a very special day! Today is your naming! You each must choose a name that matches your soul. Please, share with your Assemblage your name and your calling."
Last edited by shai-hulud on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Nargath » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:29 am

A strangely-assembled warforged steps forward. His appearance isn't the usual metal-orientated look, as he seems to be more composed of wood, sinew and other natural materials than steel and stone.
He has a wolf beside him, sitting on its haunches, and it seems completely calm in the prescence of the others.

"Architect, my name is Tracker."
"The Becoming God has blessed me greatly, by allowing me to become another conduit between his vision, and our homeland. I can feel the land around us, feel its pain at its past. But I can also feel its expectation of the future, of better things to come. And the Becoming God will show us the way."

"All he asks in return for this great gift is for me to utilise the abilities this conduit grants me, to further his, our, cause. He has ordained that I will help him to gather his body from the destruction around us, which perpetuates the cycle of life and death that all living things that cannot be ignored."

"I am his tracker, and a defender of this land."

"And this is my trusted companion Wolf. He personifies the faith that the Becoming God has in my powers, and the trust that the land shows me. He will follow my commands, and is good a friend as any in the Mournlands."
Last edited by Nargath on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:02 pm

A dull gray warforged moves forward. In a low and somber voice he speaks, "The Becoming God has offered my name as Shard. I am a warrior for the name of the Becoming God. He has granted my soul great abilities in battle and for him I will search, so that we may create the purest of vessels for him. Although these lands have misforged me some, it is through these misforgings that the Becoming God will channel his power through me."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Another dull grey warforge rumbles a tone, "Greetings, brothers! The Becoming God gave me a dream and it is that of a hammer. So, I shall be known as Yahjhank in the language of dragons meaning God's Hammer! I too shall help in finding the resources for the Becoming God! All of our bodies maybe frail, but together we shall be stronger than what lies ahead of us!"

egyas
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:25 pm
Location: Northern Illinois, USA

Post by egyas » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:14 pm

[Moved guysorrow's post here. I am using eygas's post as the holder for his post.]
guysorrow wrote:A strongly plated warforged steps forward carrying a large greatsword. The metal of the sword and armor shimmer slightly in the light with hues of green and blue. It speaks in a confident and commanding tone. "I am Solan, named so by the master. I have been given power by the Lord to follow him, to fight for his ways and to make his words truth."
[He is currently away getting married, but his character will follow along until he returns.]
"Open Source Warrior"

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:50 pm

Architect holds up his arms, heavily adorned with knick-knacks he found intriguing. He begins a prayer, "Blessing to the Godforged, may our souls continue to grow!" After his short prayer, he begins with your first task.

"Hidden throughout the Mournlands are items of wonder and power. Our biggest challenge is finding these items. So, I believe that our Assemblage should locate a library that might give us clues as to where to look. The trek will be dangerous, but should we prevail, we will discover a wealth of knowledge that will aid us in our construction of the Body of the Becoming God. As he has granted us with a body, we shall grant one to him.

"We have heard legends that the capital city is still intact, buried beneath the Glass Plateau. One of our faithful returned from there, and he said that there was a pass between two large masses that would lead us right to the capital city. His body had been ravaged and torn asunder by living spells which seem to be drawn to the area. Along the way, however, there are several towns where we may find protection from these spells.

"We will split into several teams and meet up after each town. We will share with each other the wonders we find. The four of you shall be a team. Come and meet the other three teams. Each team will explore a different section of each town. You four will always take the western portion of the town. Graph, Signet, and Symbol will take the northern part of each town. Ratchet, the Lion, Fisher, and I will take the eastern part of each town. And Tinker, Tome, Wind, and Shroud will explore the southern part of each town.

"Get to know the members of the different groups. They each have unique souls. Are you ready to embark on our journey?"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:29 am

"Greetings, all, may we all succeed in our tasks at hand." states Yahjhank to all the other groups and turns to the rest of his group. "If we need repairs, let me know I can hopefully allow us to further our shells." says Yahjhank.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:27 am

"Praise to you, my brothers. We will hold our heads high on the day that the Becoming God inherits his body. Let us start our journey soon so that we may see the day sooner." Shard is clearly anxious to get started on the journey.

"The capital city will surely have great wonders to bestow upon our god. I will do all within my power to make sure we get there."

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Nargath » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:40 am

"The capital city huh? I can feel that this will prove to be most fortuitous for us in our quest, my companions. And I shall guide us there quickly and safely, so that we may find this information to further our God's cause, and hasten the construction of his body."
Tracker bends down and roughly pats Wolf behind the ears.

"It will be good to be getting back out in to the wilderness again, won't it my friend?"
Wolf gets up off his haunches and looks towards the exit, eager to set off.
Image Xandos

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:39 am

"Time is of the essence, we need to depart then." states Yahjhank.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:58 pm

As you begin travelling southwest, giving a wide berth to the Glass Plateau, you come across the remains of a massive battle. Most of the corpses are human.

The massive open grave is bathed in perpetual twilight with the cloud-cover allowing little of the sun's rays to shine through. The scene is eerily silent. Other that the bloody gashes, many of the corpses show no signs of death. They do not appear decayed at all. This, of course, is the state of most battlefields in the Mournlands. Nothing rots here.

Mixed in with human corpses, there is a large pile of elven and halfling corpses. Strewn about are all manner of weapons. Basically, any simple weapon can be found here, as well as leather armor (although no one took the Unarmored Body feat, so armor is pretty worthless to you all).

Architect takes a poll, "Should we go through this mass grave, looking for treasures left behind? Or should we continue on our way? Perhaps some of us could investigate, some can continue. Please, voice your opinions now."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 pm

"I suggest to salvage, what we can and we can all continue to the actual area." suggest Yahjhank.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:32 pm

"I agree, we should see what we can find here before we move on."

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Nargath » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:23 pm

"I also think we should stop to see what help these poor souls can be to us."
Tracker and Wolf start off in to the grave, searching around to see if there is anything of use.
Image Xandos

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:34 pm

"They're dead and their souls are trapped in our nightmarish land, their bodies look undesecrated, but many have been dead for a while. At least from what I gather of Architect's statement."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:32 am

"Yes, Yahjhank. These poor souls are trapped here, most likely never again to find a home body. I believe there are many such battlefields in our homeland that have been ravaged as such. It is our duty to claim what we can from places such as these to build the body of the Becoming God. Let us follow behind Tracker and start searching."

Shard will start into the battlefield.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:02 am

The other warforged you travel with were all created prior to the end of the Last War. The four of you are the only Mournlands creations among the group. The others are all leary about entering this battlefield. To them, it is incredibly eerie, yet they have no agrument that the potential gains are worth the risk. They simply request that the four of you be the group that enters the field while the rest walk around. The rest of the warforged will wait at the other end of the field for the party to finish. Is this acceptable?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:33 am

Yahjhank nods in acknowledgement to the others.

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Nargath » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:30 pm

Tracker waves his hand signalling the other groups to go as he is hunting around through the bodies.
Image Xandos

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am

Shard nods at the other warforged. "May the Becoming God keep us all safe in our journey. We shall see you on the other side."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:59 am

After about ten minutes of travelling/picking through the rubble, you can find any simple weapon your heart desires, along with hundreds of crossbow bolts and a multitude of shields and suits of leather armor.

As the party approaches the mound of halfling and elven corpses, the mound of corpses and discarded weapons shifts, rising up from the ground on eight crablike legs. Four eyestalks emerge, and the giant crustacean covered with corpses shambles toward you.

I will provide a tactical if/when there are additional foes. Currently, with one foe, I don't see the need. You are all currently twenty feat from the creature.

Let me know if you want to use an action point for your initiative score. (I am assuming not, but I have to ask).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:14 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Not using AP for initiative

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:37 pm

No action point for initiative

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Nargath » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:02 pm

No AP in my Initiative either
Image Xandos

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:52 am

A barb flies from the crab creature and hits Shard [1 hp damage].

Initiative:
Crab (already went)
Shard
Tracker
Yahjhank
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:19 am

Shard will move up to within 10 ft of the creature's right side and attack with his spiked chain

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:25 am

Yahjhank will charge near square 2 with his sharrash and attack at reach low bound. Attack 15 - 18 AP use
OUT OF CHARACTER
AP on the attack

 

Last edited by valinor on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:36 am

klakxor wrote:Shard will move up to within 10 ft of the creature's right side and attack with his spiked chain
The creature is Large-sized, so takes up a 10'x10' square. You have six squares on its "right" that would still be capable of attacking. If square 1 is the closest to you and 6 is the furthest from you, which square would you like to attack from?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:54 am

shai-hulud wrote:
klakxor wrote:Shard will move up to within 10 ft of the creature's right side and attack with his spiked chain
The creature is Large-sized, so takes up a 10'x10' square. You have six squares on its "right" that would still be capable of attacking. If square 1 is the closest to you and 6 is the furthest from you, which square would you like to attack from?
Square 3

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Nargath » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:37 pm

Tracker and Wolf move forward to attack the creature as well.
Image Xandos

Post Reply

Return to “FFE - The Becoming God [FULL]”