Continuing in the mine [BG]

Join groups of warforged as they roam the Mournlands in search of proof of their God's divine hand in the creation of Eberron!
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:42 pm

Yahjhank looks back where the pups are and says, "Let's return with the pups and get them all healed up along with Wolf. We'll use this scroll now. We can find more scrolls later and maybe I can scribe them too." Yahjhank waits for the rest and Rorsa.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Yahjhank tries to cast Read Magic, only his armor gets in the way of his casting. His second attempt, though, is successful. Next, he reads the scroll, his armor nearly getting in the way (37, succeeded by 2), but he manages to complete the spell and casts its magic into a five foot piece of rope that runs.

Its magic the rope to be held stiff, perpendicular to the ground. Five feet up is a portal. Entering, the party can pass all three wolves up, but Rorsa will be difficult to get up there.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:07 pm

Upon Shroud healing nearly all his wounds.
"Thank you Shroud, that was much needed. Definitely taught me a lesson in judging a situation before rushing in. "

He carefully picks up Wolf, and wanders over to Yahjhank and his rope.
"This should help get us all healed up. Good job my brother. Would you be able to help me get Wolf up there? I fear to move him too much."

Tracker is ready to start lifting wolves now.

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be subbing out Speak with Animals for Goodberry when we rest. Do we need two lots of Goodberry spells this time around? If so, I will sub out Entangle as well. FYI The magic berries only last a day at our current level, and I can only make 2:d4: magical per casting. Each berry gives 1hp.

I'm assuming Shai, that for the purposes of this, that preserved berries are being treated the same as freshly-picked berries, as per the requirements of the spell?

Sorry for the extreme lack of replies lately guys. RL has been stepping on my toes for a little while :)

Image Xandos

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:17 am

"Let us get the little ones and get them healed and Rorsa you might have to climb using us as staircase, if that is alright to all of you brothers, since lifting her would be far more difficult than it is for us to hold together and have her step up into the portal and much easier." says Yahjhank.

"Brother Tracker, I suggest to make Goodberry Wines to have your Goodberries last and easier for use and consumptions. I too shall rest and have my casting crystals cooldown and be able to use them again." as Yahjhank seemed to sound to giggle for a warforge.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is that alright to describe how I cast spells? :)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:39 am

valinor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is that alright to describe how I cast spells? :)

Sure, sounds great! But, there is one problem. Yahjhank does not yet have a spell book. He was permitted to look at the spellbooks of others devoted to the Becoming God, but he himself does not have any spellbook yet. Should he require spell memorization, he will have to speak with Tome to borrow his spellbook.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:12 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Joradonna or his party had one? :) After all they're not likely to need it. :D

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am

Wizard is the only class that requires a spellbook. There were no wizards in that party.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:03 pm

OOC: Warforged pockets, warforged staircase. What will you come up with next.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:16 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Well you could use the paper we found and scribe some scrolls if we found any ink to use until we found a spellbook.

Kaito agrees with Yahjhank's idea and gets into a position to allow Rorsa to step into the portal.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:35 pm

With some maneureving, Rorsa, the three wolves, and all four party members can fit into the space. Please decide how spells/vials will be alloted.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm assuming that Rope Trick will allow Conjuration Healing Spells to work. If that's the case, before I rest I'll use the rest of my spells to spontaneously cast cure spells (one level 1 spell and two level 0 spells) on the injured. Then use the vials to heal the rest of the damage. That sound like a plan?

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:25 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sounds perfect. Yes, the rope trick allows you to use Conjuration (Healing) magic, as you are considered to be in an alternate plane and not actually in the Mournlands.

You have three injured wolves and a lot of potions. The party also has a bunch of unidentified vials they collected from the battlefield. Comparing, three of the vials look very much like two of the vials that Shroud indicated possess Conjuration (Healing) magic. All told, that make five vials of mottled blue with white bubbles and three blue-green with no bubbles. There is also one green vial with shimmering red bubbles and three vials of silver fluid. These last four don't resemble any of the other vials and are unidentified. What are you using and on whom?

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:13 am

"I have no way of detecting what magics are in these vials, nor if they will be a help or a hindrance."
Turning to the others "Can any of you work out their purposes?"
OUT OF CHARACTER
Tracker is going to use the berries to make one lot of Goodberries for Wolf. He has a special ability that grants him health when under a spell or spell-like ability effect.
So I can heal him, and cos he is under a spell effect, he will heal more!

For the Goodberry spell, I make 4 berries magical, giving Wolf 4 HP back.

Shai, based on your Spell-powered Healing feat, the healing lasts for 1d6+1 rounds. And I rolled a 5, so Wolf gains healing for 6 rounds. So 6 HP from that. For a total of 10HP

Does anyone need another set of Goodberries? I can sub out my Entangle to free up a slot. However, I will have no spells going forward after that, as subbing in the Goodberry spell happens as I'm resting.

Image Xandos

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Kaito answers Tracker's question. "I can figure out the aura of magic but as for identifying their exact effect, I require some help and luck. It seems that the motted blue with white bubbles vials probably could help the wolves. The blue-green vials could help them but I could not identify the aura of one of them. Let me try to figure out the other auras of the remaining vials and possibly identify them. Can I get some assistance with identifying them?"
OUT OF CHARACTER
I cast Detect Magic to figure out the remaining magical auras of the remaining unidentified vials? Is there any chance that I could take 20 on identifying the vials since I would need at least a 19 to make the DC for identifying potions? If I can't do that, then can someone aid me with the Spellcraft check? I suggest that we should use the five vials of mottled blue with white bubbles on the injured wolves first before considering using the three vials blue-green with no bubbles.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:58 pm

"Shroud, If you do not mind. Could you identofy what type of magic is on this sword we found."

Shard produces the scimitar for Shroud to examine

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:45 pm

"I can try to identify the scimitar's magical aura as well once I focused on the vials."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:42 am

The next attempt at identifying the last blue-green vial with no bubbles leads to success. This time, as expected, it possesses the same magic as the rest, Conjuration (Healing). One of the other vials (which I forgot to mention, sorry), bears faint Illusion (it is a light grey color). The green vial with shimmering red bubbles and the three vials of silver fluid have no magic.

For the scimitar, the only magic present is strong evocation. Closer examination of the blades shows engravings. One blade bears the stylized image of a horse's head, while the second features a flowing horse's tail. The weapon's handle is bound with black leather and silver wire, and bears strange text in a language you don't read. It says, "Talaen Kara, Varyaroch".

Kaito casts a spell upon Wolf first (I figured Tracker's wolf would get preferential treatment). [5 hp healed immediately, then 4 hp over the next 4 rounds, by the way, any spell cast upon Wolf will have that effect. Not just Conjuration (Healing) spells. You could bless him a bunch of times and gain the same effect.].

Next, Kaito uses her spells on the two wolves. One point of healing a piece does nothing to revive them, though. Then, positioning the wolves to receive the vials of blue liquid with white bubbles, she easily manages to pour the first vial down the wolf's throat. The potion revives him, closing his wounds. He hops up and growls at Kaito, only to have Rorsa growl back. The wolf immediately calms down and licks Kaito.

The second wolf has the same reaction to the potion. He is immediately healed and back on his feet. Rorsa appears to be the worst off. She must be pretty strong to be moving around with the wounds she has. After two potions, she is back to full health. There is one blue vial with white bubbles remaining and three vials with blue-green liquid and no bubbles.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:53 am

After administrating the healing spells and vials, Kaito speaks to the group.

"Rorsa, your wolves are fully healed along with yourself and Tracker's wolf. Shard, the scimitar has a strong evocation aura around it. I suspect that this scimitar was a personal weapon due to the engravings on the blade and inscription on the handle. I cannot read the inscription though. Also I determined that the light grey colored vial has a faint illusion aura and the remaining vials have no magical aura. It's a good time to rest now since my magic is depleted."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:59 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry about that, I was not clear. Tracker's wolf and the Rorsa's pals are healed, but not at full health. I figured, Tracker's goodberries the following day would be able to do the rest of the job.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
That's okay. With that fact now, I now say the following.

"The wolves are mostly healed but not at full health. I suggest that we use Tracker's Goodberry spell to put them back to health as I like to conserve my spells for emergencies. Let's rest now."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:59 am

The rest time passes uneventfully with the others using the Artisan's tools to finish repairs on Tracker (he was still down by 1 hp).

Is anyone doing anything else? Shard had mentioned the room with the brown lock. Now that you know how the keycharms work, you could easily try to enter.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:16 am

Shard will rest with the others, however once they are done resting he suggests that they continue their exploration of the cave system. He invites Rorsa and her pups to join them since they may have more knowledge of the cave system.

Shard would also very much like to check out the brown door that matches the key they have recovered.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:30 am

Assuming that since no one has posted any other actions in the past five days, they all planned on resting with Shroud.

Come morning, Rorsa awakens with her pups and shares in a carcass of a dead adventurer (not surprisingly, it is extremely fresh). Tracker prepares goodberries (I rolled seven). He feeds one to Wolf who recovers completely from the one berry (rolled seven rounds of healing). He has six berries left. Feeding them to the remaining wolves heals them completely. (Tracker, what other spells are you preparing?)

Rorsa says, "Let's try to save the other wolves next. They were locked away, being used for experiments. Their cages are down and to the left on the octagon thing. It requires the green keycharm to get to them."

Shard suggests checking out the door right next to them, and Rorsa is willing to wait. A quick press of the brown keycharm to the lock and the metal door slides open.

The richly appointed quarters feature a large ironbound chest set against the foot of a very large bed. On the right side of the room, a massive wardrobe engraved with strange symbols reminiscent of the symbols on Shard's scimitar stands against the wall. In the far corner, an array of swords hang from a rack on the wall, along with a shield bearing a seal and a beautiful blue-enameled chain shirt.

The wardrobe has a lock on it, but the wooden chest is unlocked.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:33 am

Shard will check the wardrobe. "Shroud, can you take a look at this lock. These symbols are very similiar to the scimitar and I would like to see what is inside."

Shard will draw the scimitar out in the room, trying to "feel" it's presence.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am

Shard does not feel anything, save the same general feeling of slight fear and discomfort.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:30 pm

"Hmm, we should have brought more satchels to bring these metals to the gathering." states Yahjhank.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:40 pm

"Sure Shard but let me check for traps on the chest and the wardrobe before I tried to pick the lock on the wardrobe."

Kaito examines the chest for any traps before examining the wardrobe for any traps. After making sure it is safe to attempt to open the wardrobe, he pulls out his masterwork thieves' tools and picks the lock.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Kaito checks the chest and finds no traps. Opening it, Kaito finds an assortment of blankets and traveling clothes.

Heading over to the wardrobe, Kaito checks it, as well. Once again, he finds no traps. Masterfully fiddling with the lock, it immediately springs open. From others observing, it nearly appeared that the lock wanted to be opened, but Kaito knows the truth that his skill was simply too much for such a simple contraption (rolled a natural 20). Taking a quick look around in the wardrobe, Kaito discovers boots, clothing, and an interesting cloak that he nearly overlooks. He also discovers that the base of the wardrobe contains a secret compartment. Once again, it is devoid of traps, and opening it reveals a purse holding 25 pp, a ring of silver and jet set with an oval-cut bloodstone, one vial of silvery liquid, two vials of a dark oil that shimmers if shaken, and a red keycharm.

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:31 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am preparing Entangle as my other spell, unless we have a greater need for more Goodberries in the future :)

Image Xandos

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:57 pm

"Hmm... Shard let's see if I can get a similar aura from any of the items in the wardrobe. Also I will throughly search the room for anything else of value to us. Rorsa, do you know what's in the red keycharm room by any chance?"

After Kaito said this, he cast Detect Magic to determine any magical auras of the items. Then he begins to search the room throughly.

Return to “FFE - The Becoming God [FULL]”