Keycharm, keycharm, whose got the keycharm? [BG]

Join groups of warforged as they roam the Mournlands in search of proof of their God's divine hand in the creation of Eberron!
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:12 am

Not really seeing an opening, nor wanting to shoot in to the ongoing combat for fear of striking Shard in the back. Also, Tracker knows that his weapon you do absolutely nothing to the creature.

So he draws the bow back, and waits for an opening to use the bow.

Wolf starts growling menacinly, but at a look and a word from Tracker, he visibly calms down and also prepares to attack if needed.
OUT OF CHARACTER
In other words, I do nothing :)

Image Xandos

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:28 am

Kaito fires off both Lights of Syrania (Lunia does not exist in this campaign setting). Even with Shard in the way, Kaito's aim is impeccable. Both rays blast into the flame and the light disrupts some of the magic animating the creature.

Tracker stays his ground, watchful of an opportunity to use his bow should another creature present itself.

Failing at engulfing Shard, the sphere tries again. Shard side-steps once more and swings. While clumsy and weak, the swing makes contact and the magic of the sword disrupts the sphere a bit further.

Yahjhank again tries to swing clumsily with his sharrash, pleased with his previous efforts. This time, his swing is wild and his misses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Shard activates his Touch of Khyber and his plating takes on a fiendish glow. If the flame attempts to engulf him again, he will stand his ground and take the attack of opportunity. Otherwise he will attempt to strike again at the creature

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Kaito takes a 5-foot step next to Tracker and casts Bless on the entire party.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Kaito moves and blesses the party.

Tracker continues his vigil.

The sphere is relentless, not learning from its mistakes. It continues its same strategy, only this time, Shard welcomes the attack. He swings at it as it approaches, but misses horribly with the unwieldy weapon. The sphere engulfs Shard entirely!

Shard spends his action attempting to exit the flame's mass. He is unharmed as he is quite resistant to fire. Unfortunately, his attempts to escape are thwarted by the hungry flame.

Yahjhank swings again with his Sharrash, careful to avoid hitting Shard in the mix. Again, his swing is powerful enough to dissipate some of the fire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Kaito will do nothing as his warhammer is unlikely to injure the flaming sphere.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Is Kaito the only one acting this round?

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Sorry, thought I posted. Shard will continue to attempt to harm the flame that is engulfing him

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:19 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yahjhank keeps swing at the living spell.

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:25 am

"I'm sorrys friends, I cannot harm this being. My arrows would just burn up with its touch!"

Tracker does nothing again :)
Image Xandos

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:55 pm

The sphere continues trying to burn Shard, but his body is too resistant to the flame. It also tries to reach out for Kaito, slamming him with molten spell matter [5 bludgeoning, 3 fire].

Yahjhank attempts another swing, but misses.

Shard frees himself from the engulfing mass of flame, moving to a flanking position with Kaito.

I assume that Kaito remains in his place to facilitate easier attacks for Shard, even though it is dangerous.

The sphere attempts to engulf Shard again, unhappy that he moved out of the way. I assume that Shard will take the attack of opportunity again. He delivers the final blow, killing the creature.

Carefully continuing down the passage, you find an opening to your right with a woman lying on the ground, stripped naked. She is in an unnatural position, as if someone had stripped her after she had already passed away. The room is some sort of bath area for humans. The other room at the end of the hall is melted beyond recognition by the ravagings of the living flaming sphere. The bathing room was likely only saved because it is filled with water.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:00 pm

Shard will move into the bathing room to do a search of it (and take a small dip in the water to cool his plating down)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:20 am

Shard thoroughly searches the bath area, but there is nothing to find. The water cools his metal plating, although he detects no sign of damage from the heat. Yahjhank's spell thoroughly protected him.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:41 am

Kaito uses Divine Inspiration to cast Repair Light Damage on himself. "I have used up almost of my power for the day. I have only Detect Magic left."

He proceeds to the room at the end of the hall and searches it to find anything useful.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Kaito heals 6 hp. He finds a lot of molten metal in the room that was melted.

Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor

Post by Nargath » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Tracker and Wolf both step in to the room as well.
Tracker sends Wolf off to search the room, and does so himself.

"Do you two need any extra healing? I can cast Goodberry again."
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think I can cast Goodberry again. I've lost track of what spells I have used, and I don't have access to the sheet at work.

Image Xandos

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 pm

"No Tracker, I'll be fine. There's just lots of molten metal. Let's back and figure what room to go to next."

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:53 am

"Remember, I can repair your bodies, I just can't heal our brother's friend wolf." states Yahjhank.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:29 am

valinor wrote:"Remember, I can repair your bodies, I just can't heal our brother's friend wolf." states Yahjhank.
This is true, but Yahjhank's spells have been used up. Until you spend 8 hours of study with your new spell book (making the appropriate Spellcraft checks), you have no wizard spells available.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Shard would look in the molten room as well. "I don't think there is anything here that would be befitting of our god. Let us move on to another area with the keycharms."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You have explored all of the areas for which you have keycharms. There are still other areas protected by keycharms which you don't have. Either there is a charm you missed (I will give you a small hint about it in a moment) or you have found everything that you are going to find.

Hint: If you are an old PC gamer, perhaps you will remember an old game called Police Quest II. In that game, when you arrive at Cotton Cove, there is a set of clothes that you can find. The location of those clothes is the hint.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
From the clue provided and having read through some of the past threads, I think we need to go back to our original room that we met Rorsa in

Shard looks at the keycharms and thinks about what they found and where they found them.

"We never searched the room where we met up with Rorsa fully. There were several unmoving humanoid bodies there as well as as the fabric boxes. There was also a locked door in the hallway just before that room as well as a wash room that we did not look through. Let us head back there and search before we leave this area."

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:49 pm

"I don't think I was with you when you met Rorsa. The locked door should be no problem for me to unlock. Lead the way, Shard."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:02 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
The locked door was unlocked when Kaito first joined the group. That is the room that contains the armoire with the symbol on it.

The dead bodies in Rorsa's room have become wolf-food. Rorsa explains that while their wounds that killed them never seem to go away, no matter how much the wolves eat, the bodies reform is only a couple of hours. She is not sure how that happens, but it keeps them alive, nonetheless. Rorsa gave you everything she recovered from their corpses (the pearl necklace and the two keycharms). The "fabric boxes" as klakxor called them are wooden boxes at the bottom of each bed in the barracks where Rorsa stays. Among the boxes, you find 9 sets of artisan's outfits, 9 sets of Artisan's tools, other mundane items (up to 200gp worth of mundane items, as chosen by the party, please post what you would like to have found and it is yours. Feel free to discuss among yourselves distribution of mundane items), 5 chain chirts, 3 longswords, 3 daggers, and 2 short swords. In addition, there is a total of 30gp and 80sp.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:42 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
He actually unlocked the one to the supply closet. The wardrobe had a Brown KeyCharm. I kept reading and think I got the clue

"If no one objects, I think we should also do a search of the room where the other wolves were. We can look through what the creature shredded for anything important."

Move Garbage

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:31 pm

"That's okay with me."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:05 am

[You are correct, the room with the wardrobe, however, was the locked room. You entered it by using the brown keycharm. It had been locked before that.]

Searching the trash, you find an orange keystone, a dark metal disk with strange engravings, a ring bearing the same mark as the other two rings already discovered as well as the same marks on the facilities in general, and a small brooch with a red stone depicting a crescent moon.

Trying the orange keycharm in the first rotator room (the one at the bottom left of the map I posted above), the corridor leads downward to a strange room. It is quite disorienting! Entering the room, you are confounded by a sudden lack of sound, and the mirrored walls and floor amke this chamber a disconcerting place. A vast mass of brilliant, swirling color so bright as to be almost blinding bounces within the mirrors and then moves towards the party.

Yahjhank and Kaito recognize the creature as a Living Color Spray (Kaito recognizes the spell, I mean, and knows as much about living spells as Yahjhank told him before).

The color spray already moved for the turn. It appears VERY slow in comparison to its brother the living flaming sphere you faced earlier.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Since he was told before that the scimitar was a good choice against these living spells, Shard will step in and attempt to attack the colored mass

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Kaito will get out of the way since he has no way to hurt the living color spray.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:03 am

Yahjhank will try to assist; although, his weapon will not do no harm to these things possibly.

Return to “FFE - The Becoming God [FULL]”