Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Join groups of warforged as they roam the Mournlands in search of proof of their God's divine hand in the creation of Eberron!
User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Fri May 16, 2008 3:20 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
My mistake, there was an additional change to the map! Kaito took out the soldier that was in 0504, so Tracker would likely have swung on the other soldier. And, in order to get flanking, he would need to 5' adjust to 0603. I'm assuming that for his actions.

 

Tracker swings with his double scimitar, missing the soldier.

Soldier 3, fearful of the massive Shard, turns to face Tracker. Fighting defensively, he swings at the warforged, but with his efforts almost entirely on saving his life, his feeble swing doesn't come near its target.

Shard then does a one-two punch, but cannot break the soldier's defenses.

Image
SpoilerShow
Total Damage/Current HP/Current AP total:
Kaito 4/12/5
Shard 10/12/6
Tracker 0/20/6
Yahjhank 0/29/6
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:26 am

Kaito moves to 0605 and attacks the flanked soldier with his warhammer with nearly all his might.

Warhammer attack and damage with Sneak Attack (1d20+4=23, 1d8=2, 1d6=6)

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by klakxor » Fri May 16, 2008 8:17 am

Shard will 5' step to a flanking position (0805) with Kaito and will kidney punch the soldier between them.

Unarmed Strike 1d20+2=16;2d6+2=12
OUT OF CHARACTER
That will be an 18 on the attack if the soldier is actually flanked during Shards attack

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 19, 2008 10:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll validate after Tracker posts an action

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Nargath » Mon May 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Tracker agains attempts to hit the soldier in front of him, but just can't quite work out his balance.

1d20+0=9
Image Xandos

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Kaito steps in and slugs Soldier 3 hard with his warhammer.

Yahjhank sidesteps to get a better angle on Soldier 3, as well, but his sharrash is still too unwieldy for him.

Soldier 4 continues concentrating on defense and misses his attack on Shard.

Tracker again tries to swing at Soldier 3, but misses.

Shard tries to hit Soldier 4 in the kidney, but even with Kaito's distraction, the man is able to deflect the majority of the blow to his armor.

Soldier 3 tries to strike Kaito, but he, too, is concentrating too much on defense to be effective.

Image
SpoilerShow
Total Damage/Current HP/Current AP total:
Kaito 4/12/5
Shard 10/12/6
Tracker 0/20/6
Yahjhank 0/29/6
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by klakxor » Mon May 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Shard returns to his normal size, but as he does so his form starts crackling and his eyes become a dark red color. He then says You are in trouble soldier, perhaps you should have run

He will flurry against the soldier again

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 pm

Kaito attacks the flanked solider 3 with the warhammer in hope to finish him off.

Warhammer attack and damage with sneak attack (1d20+4=10, 1d8=8, 1d6=6) Action Point (1d6=6)

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Nargath » Mon May 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Tracker once again tries to take off the soldier's head, but is too eager in his swing, and misses completely.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm burning an action point for this. What a waste :)

 

1d20+0=6, AP 1d6=3
Image Xandos

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 21, 2008 3:43 pm

All four of the party's attacks miss, followed by each soldier missing once. The soldier replies to Shard with a look of terror. He looks like he is ready to run, where he not surrounded. Until then, he is fighting for his life.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by klakxor » Wed May 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Shard will continue to flurry against the soldier

1d20=19,1d8+1=4,1d20=4,1d8+1=2

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Kaito will attack the weakened flanked solider but his warhammer will miss the mark.

Warhammer attack and damage with sneak attack (1d20+4=10, 1d8=3, 1d6=1)

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Nargath » Wed May 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Tracker will, once again, try to get the hang of his new weapon and cut down the soldier in front of him.
But still cannot get the weighting right.
THINKING: After we deal with these soldiers, I am going to have to practise a LOT with this scimitar

Attack roll: 1d20+2 (+2 for flanking) =6
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think that I am doing something wrong in invisiblecastle. For the last 3 rolls, I have not gotten over a 6. And everyone else is having trouble hitting too!

 

Image Xandos

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 21, 2008 7:17 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Bad rolls will happen. It would be no different than if you were using real dice in a real table-top game. Sometimes, the dice just aren't with you. I suppose it could be a little boring in an online game, and if you would like, I can validate multiple posts, but I wouldn't know if anyone wanted to use any action points.

 

Kaito, Tracker, and Yahjhank all miss, but Shard hits the soldier he is attacking. Both of the soldiers miss their intended targets.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by klakxor » Wed May 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Shard will flurry again

1d20+2=13, 1d8+1=2, 1d20+2=16, 1d8+1=9

Action Points in both
1d6=3, 1d6=2

Totals for Attacks : 16, 18

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Nargath » Wed May 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Tracker, feeling frustrated that he is having difficulty with his weapon, lashes out.

And completely misses.

Ohh for.....
OUT OF CHARACTER
Nah, it's cool Shai. It just made me think when it was rolling very similar numbers 4 times in a row :)

 

Image Xandos

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by valinor » Wed May 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Yahjhank seeing the terrified soldier says, Lay your weapon down and yield, human. As he turns towards the other who is clearly is still fighting and attempts to trip him.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 22, 2008 9:54 pm

Kaito swings and misses. Yahjhank then uses his large weapon to trip the fighting man as he orders the other to surrender.

Soldier 4 isn't prepared to lay down his weapon while Shard is swinging at him, but he does not attack, either. If you will not kill me, I will surrender.

Tracker swings at the downed soldier, catching only air.

Soldier 3 holds his weapon defensively, but doesn't attack.

Shard swings at Soldier 4 twice, missing both times.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by valinor » Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Brothers, lets not be hasty to execute. as Yahjhank appeals to his companions.

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Nargath » Thu May 22, 2008 11:08 pm

I agree. We can glean valuable information from them about that vampire, and where he took the schema.
Besides, they will need our help if they ever wish to leave this land alive. It is far too dangerous for humans to travel alone.


Tracker calls Wolf over to him, then turns to his brothers.Are any of you in need of some Goodberries?
Image Xandos

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by klakxor » Fri May 23, 2008 8:10 am

Shard sneers at Yahjank's appeal, but does stop swinging.

Would the flesh ones be so merciful to us were the shoe on the other foot I wonder. Drop your weapons and the servants of the Becoming God will damage you no further.

Shard prepares to continue punching soldier 4 if he does not relinquish his weapon

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by valinor » Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 am

His metallic gaze still at the human, though he answers to Shard with, Besides, we need help in returning what we retrieved, as if these fleshbags are in no position to leave our lands. as he speaks to the soldiers, Well, prisoners? We need informations, and we have plenty of time for your answers. I would suggest to answer these questions, if you really want to live the rest of your lives.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Fri May 23, 2008 10:28 am

Soldier 3, already on the ground, waits to see what Kaito does. If Kaito halts his attacks, he will place his weapon on the ground.
Soldier 4, seeing that Shard has stopped swinging, slowly begins putting his morningstar down.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:02 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry for not replying sooner, rebuilding computer that took a bit longer than expected.

 

Kaito will yield with the attacks as information is important along with fodder. At the same time, he realizes that he still has the other copy of the schema. Yes, this is your only chance to live.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Sat May 24, 2008 3:20 am

With Kaito halting his attacks, Soldier 3 also releases his weapon. The two soldiers await their fates.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If you would like to have an interactive question/answer period, the easiest way to accomplish that would be through Instant Messenger. Either we can set up a time when some or all of us are available, or you can write a list of questions and I will answer them by post.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by valinor » Sat May 24, 2008 11:59 am

Seeing that the last soldier drops his weapon, Yahjhank lowers his guard a little and starts to gather their salvages and looks at the guards not doing anything, he stands back up composively asking, Well, what are you fleshbags doing? Start gathering these items we're picking up and we can chat on our way and have this done. Unless, you want my brothers' wraths upon you. The more you divulge honestly and correctly. The better your chances of living, less you want me to toss you to the carcass crabs. Are we clear? He awaits their response surveying their surrounding, as if looking for something.

Our less than intelligent cousins, do not talk but just chitter and chatter as they protect their territories. I just want to remind the two of you, us forged ones have a good deal of time for ourselves. as he continues his gathering, coming up close to them and picking up their weapons.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Kaito asks the soliders a question. What are the capabilities of the woman and vampire? The woman must be some sort of spell caster, am I correct?

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Sun May 25, 2008 12:51 am

Soldier 3 says, We serve the Emerald Claw. Our purpose is to serve the Emerald Claw. Our strength is in our service to the Emerald Claw. Our weakness is mortality. When we succeed, we will be mortal no longer.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by valinor » Sun May 25, 2008 2:25 am

Although, no expression can be seen from Yahjhank's face, he asks, Are you going to pick up those materials and move it with us? Give me your answer right now, fleshbag. as he speaks to soldier 3 allowing soldier 4 to see their conversations.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Umm, perhaps I should have taken the level...

Post by shai-hulud » Sun May 25, 2008 2:38 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I have no clue what you are asking them to do. What materials should be picked up?

 

Soldier 3 says, I have surrendered to you, but I am not your slave. I have failed, and my blood may never run eternally. Still, I will prove my loyalty to the faith. I have no fear of you.

Soldier 4, on the other hand, looks quite fearful.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Post Reply

Return to “FFE - The Becoming God [FULL]”