What have you brought?

Join groups of warforged as they roam the Mournlands in search of proof of their God's divine hand in the creation of Eberron!
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:48 am

Survival Check (1d20+3=12)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry guys, but I have no ranks in Survival

 


Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:54 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
That's fine. I don't have Survival as a class skill.

 


User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: What have you brought?

Post by valinor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Nor do I.

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
It is possible to aid another, even untrained, by succeeding on a DC 10 Survival check. It won't help in this case, but for the future.

 

The group enters the dead-gray mist. It is difficult to see, and Kaito is very careful at the controls, managing to keep the mech from stumbling over the rough terrain. After four hours of travel, you find yourselves back in the Mournlands rather than through to the other side. Obviously, you got turned around in the mist.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: What have you brought?

Post by valinor » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Let's try that again, unless we're in the correct direction. says Yahjhank.

[1d20 -2] = 6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1635296/
Last edited by valinor on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Do I need to make another Mech Pilot check?

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, each attempt requires a mech pilot check. Preferably, Tracker would have led you all through :-P. Oh well!

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Agreed. Yahjhank, work with Shard in trying to get us out of here as Tracker seems to be out of it.

Mech Pilot check (1d20+9=21)

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by klakxor » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:08 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
We are never gonna make it through, you guys do realize that right

 

Shard again tries to use his very limited survival skills to get through the mist unsuccessfully.

1d20+3=5

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:07 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Nargath has been logging on recently but for some reason, he hasn't posted here.

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I sent him a PM and he said that he was just really behind from work, but he still wanted to play. Now that I have heard from him, I will post for him until he is able to return. I am just a little busy until Wednesday.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Nargath » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Tracker, who had been silent for most of the construction of the mech, and even this journey, seems to snap out of his reverie.
If that is your wish....

He looks at the rest of the party.
I apologise my brothers for my lack of help or guidance. This new turn of events had troubled me, and I wished to spend some time communing with the land and the Becoming God. I had to make sure that this is the right path for us.
He bends down and scratches Wolf behind the ear.
I wish I could of helped sooner. But that is in the past. It is time for us to leave our homeland, and once more strike out for the glory of our god!
I just wish it didn't take us so far from home....

With that he turns and inspects the Mist.

Survival Roll: 1d20+12=16
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm really sorry guys. I have been up to my neck in lots of projects at work, and even though I have been on the forums, it has been more of a case of open the website but never get a chance to properly look at anything. I hate rolling out new computer systems and then training plebs on how to use them *shudder*

 

Image Xandos

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Shard will attempt to assist Tracker in getting through the mist.
OUT OF CHARACTER
But will fail Miserably with the 5 that Invisible Castle gives him. I swear that site does notlike this character

 


Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I think you can take 10 on Survival checks.

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:19 am

Even with Tracker's attempts, the group gets lost again in the mists. This time, however, they run into potential trouble! A creature almost as large as the mech with a huge axe for one hand and a mallet for the other is skulking about, also apparently lost. The creature looks almost to be a mech, itself! Its features are difficult to make out in the mists, but what is clear is that it is moving towards the group and their mech!
OUT OF CHARACTER
This is a situation where I am hoping for combat. The party is about to engage a Warforged Titan. While it would be possible to avoid, I'm hoping that the mechanics for warfare in a mech can be tested. Please feel free to be creative when it comes to tactics. I obviously have not finished adding the mechanics to this forum yet, but in the meantime, be creative and I'll let you know how it works out.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:29 am

Hey guys, looks like something big on the horizon. Not too friendly either.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I have to admit, the whole mech thing is a little confusing for me. I think I need to take some time and re-read what you already have up

 


Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
We're larger than the titan and have an engine gun as a weapon. I can move and attack with the gun with the Mechwalker feat.

 

So do we want to test out the mech against this thing or run away?

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:43 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Anyone want to reply?

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by klakxor » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Let's give it a go. Never seen something that big other then our mech.

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Nargath » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:52 pm

The size of that thing would certainly be a boon for construction. I say we try and take it down.
Image Xandos

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Kaito will engage the mech with the engine gun and move away from it.

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: What have you brought?

Post by valinor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:36 am

I'm right behind you. Yahjhank affirms.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:08 pm

With the rules that I just added, does anyone have any specific actions they would like to perform? I will try to find a picture of your mech so you can see what it looks like. For a rather crappy mental image, picture a convertible with two long legs, except the convertible is long enough for nine warforged, five of which are furiously cranking pedals and making it go, one is piloting it. The other three seats have access to the gun controls, as does the pilot, allowing any of them to fire the weapon. The remaining warforged can make attacks with ranged weapons, should they have them. Additionally, not everyone needs to remain in the mech. From a tactical point of view, it may be advisable for some of the party to exit the mech.

Anyway, the titan is about 500 feet from the party and far more maneuverable, but also easier to damage. It moves at nearly double the speed as the party, making escape impossible, but it is also not as intelligent as the party. I'll try to come up with a tactical tomorrow, as I don't think I'll have time tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:43 pm

Here you go. Distance on the map: 1 square = 50 feet, the ruins are actually sprawling ruins taking up approximately 100 square feet in each instance (two or three collapsed buildings each), and the rocky areas are impassible terrain for the mech (although it is unclear if the warforged titan can pass over them).

Image

Now, the party is capable of acting independent of the mech, should they desire. This allows some party members to utilize other actions besides actions within the mech.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Nargath » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:40 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did you say that we had a full crew, or is it just the four of us. If it is just the 4 of us, Tracker will stay in the mech and man a free station. Otherwise he get down out of the mech, prefering to keep a connection between him and the ground.

No idea what I'm going to do about Wolf though...

 

Last edited by Nargath on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Xandos

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:02 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
We do have a full crew because it takes 5 warforged alone to even run the mech.

 

Kaito will hold his action until he can get a clear shot at the titan.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:14 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, the mech has a full crew, and the energy gun takes up an additional PU for a complete 10, which is the maximum that the mech can support.

Additionally, the rocky areas are simply impassible. They do not represent impediments to line of sight to the titan, so it would be possible to fire at it now, although you are currently several range increments away.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6006
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: What have you brought?

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:13 pm

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, the mech has a full crew, and the energy gun takes up an additional PU for a complete 10, which is the maximum that the mech can support.

Additionally, the rocky areas are simply impassible. They do not represent impediments to line of sight to the titan, so it would be possible to fire at it now, although you are currently several range increments away.

 

This said, I have Tracker exiting the vehicle. Shard and Yahjhank are still in the vehicle, although since it only has one weapon at the moment, and Kaito can handle it, they don't have active roles. Do you have anything you want them to be doing? Keep in mind, this is just the first implementation of a mech. As you retrieve more schemas, you will be able to play an active role in deciding how the mech is designed in the future.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: What have you brought?

Post by klakxor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Shard will continue to ride the Mech until they are in a close combat situation.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: What have you brought?

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:02 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I can't post for a few days since my motherboard went dead on me. I'm typing this at the library.

 


Post Reply

Return to “FFE - The Becoming God [FULL]”