Supply run [Oskar, Casandra, and Jelard]

The original game
Locked
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Supply run [Oskar, Casandra, and Jelard]

Post by klakxor » Wed May 10, 2006 3:33 pm

It has been two days since you have left Thimblefair on the way to Quiet Pasture in Southern Solace. It is high noon on a sunny day in the middle of the week. The Caravan has stopped for a short break before crossing the Solace River.

Oskar , Casandra, and Jelard are coming up from the Animal Train in order to get some supplies for the animals from the Merchant train. The three of you have had some dealings with a merchant by the name of Charlie, who has shown interest in learning more about handling animals. He usually gives you guys a good deal for information about the animals.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 am

"Hey Charlie, we're here to pick up some more stuff for the animals. Same order as last time if you still got it, the buggers really liked it. And if you still got any dried cranberry, Mr.T wants me to get a scoop for him."

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Thu May 11, 2006 11:44 pm

Super Rats wrote:"Hey Charlie, we're here to pick up some more stuff for the animals. Same order as last time if you still got it, the buggers really liked it. And if you still got any dried cranberry, Mr.T wants me to get a scoop for him."
The buggers really liked it? Show some respect toward the animals as they may come to your aid one day...

[to Charlie] though, they did really like it... [warm smile]
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Fri May 12, 2006 5:26 am

Jelard smiled inwardly. He had found Oskar's abruptness a little discorcerting, perhaps even annoying since joining the caravan, but he had to admit it did have a certain charm to it.

to Charlie "Perhaps you'd like to come see the animals, maybe try and handle a few of them? If you did, I'm sure we could work out a discount for us?"

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Fri May 12, 2006 10:07 am

*Mr. Tadakichi greets Charlie, and while he's doing that he figures he might as well try and sniff out which barrel has the dried cranberries.*

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri May 12, 2006 10:19 am

"Thanks for the offer, but I need to take care of some business here today. Let's see what I have for you guys."

Charlie goes into his wagon and soon you hear from the window, "T, get out of the cranberries. Oskar, can you call your dog?"

When he comes out, Charlie obviously looks a little annoyed. "Well, I can give you some, but I am a little shy on some of the ingredients at the moment. I'll see if I can make something up for you guys while we are stopped. Can you guys give me an hour or so?"

Early validation because everyone has posted

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sat May 13, 2006 12:35 pm

Oskar notes Charlies' annoyance and thinks about pretending not to notice it, but Mr.T is giving Oskar a look that means he wants Oskar to find out why.

"Something bugging ya?"

Looks at Casandra and Jelard to catch their reaction.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sun May 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Casandra whistles -- a high pitched whistle that is almost inaudible to the people around her...

Moments later, Deimos, her wolf friend who's been traveling with her joins her.

After petting him and having him lay down and look cute, she turns to Charlie:

"What's going on Charlie? Anything I can do to help?"

(more than happy to make a sense motive - but don't know the online playing mechanics... taking 10 would put her at 20)
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon May 15, 2006 11:05 am

I'm sorry. Supplies in Thimblefair were kind of hard to come by. I was really hoping to pick up some of the berries that they harvest from out near the mountains, but they kept saying their suppliers were not coming into town.

Plus, I need to speak to Aros about some of the problems I keep hearing about in Quiet Pature. I don't know if we should really be heading there right now.

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Mon May 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Jelard was intrigued by his comrades forwardness in pressing Charlie, but his response told them what they needed to know.

"What have you heard?" He paused and stroked the nearby wolf. "And if you don't think we should be heading there, how do you think we should procede to get the caravan to its destination?"[/b]

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Mon May 15, 2006 8:15 pm

Yes... what have you heard? I've never been through this area before... what can one expect there?

Casandra watches the petting of her wolf... out of the corner of her eyes... taking care to not be seen (Bluff +8)
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed May 17, 2006 9:49 am

"Depending on what the problems in Quiet Pature are, things can be done about it, my friend."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu May 18, 2006 10:49 am

There were rumors in Thimblefair that Quiet Pasture had been having raids from the the Orcs and Goliaths living in the Ironroot Mountains. Much of the trade from Quiet Pasture hasn't been making it to Thimblefair.

You can hear music starting to come up from entertainers train. Sounds like a real party is starting up back there.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu May 18, 2006 11:35 am

"That's a load. Goliath's aren't like that at all and they sure as hell wouldn't team up with Orcs. Either the rumor is bogus or there's something wrong that goes way beyond simple bandit raids. Until I see it myself, I won't believe that crap about Goliaths teaming up with Orcish filth."

Oskar pets Mr.Tadakichi to calm down.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Thu May 18, 2006 6:10 pm

I know little about Goliaths and their alliances. But if the supply lines are being interrupted there would be benefits to resolving that dilemma. Perhaps Thimblefair officials would feel indebted to and look favorably upon this caravan.

Casandra sits, petting Deimos.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Fri May 19, 2006 9:26 am

"Well a rumor usually has some basis in truth. I doubt the orcs are clever enough to start such a charade though. Perhaps we could investigate these claims, and Casandra you are more than likely right. We would need to head to Thimblefair, and start our search from there. The Goliaths live in and around.."Makes Knowledge - Geography check".. perhaps that would be a good starting point."

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Fri May 19, 2006 9:43 am

If the Goliaths are doing what the rumors say, there is something very wrong going on. They're generally good natured people and this is so against their nature. It's like finding a Goblin that can add 2+3, it just doesn't happen."

OOC: How far away is this village?

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon May 22, 2006 2:42 pm

"I don't know if the rumors are true or not. Perhaps you three could go speak with Aros for me. I am sure some of the other merchants are probably apprehensive about the trip too. Maybe you can find out from him if he knows of the dangers or not. Knowing him, he is the one that started the party back there."

The music and sounds of merriment back at the entertainers train is getting quite loud know. Charlie seems to look as if he feels more comfortable, thinking that perhaps you three can talk to Aros for him.
jameswllorimer wrote:"Well a rumor usually has some basis in truth. I doubt the orcs are clever enough to start such a charade though. Perhaps we could investigate these claims, and Casandra you are more than likely right. We would need to head to Thimblefair, and start our search from there. The Goliaths live in and around.."Makes Knowledge - Geography check".. perhaps that would be a good starting point."
Goliaths are known to live in the Southern Ironroot Mountains, near the Inland Sea.
Super Rats wrote:If the Goliaths are doing what the rumors say, there is something very wrong going on. They're generally good natured people and this is so against their nature. It's like finding a Goblin that can add 2+3, it just doesn't happen."

OOC: How far away is this village?
Thimblefair is two days behind you. Quiet Pasture will probably be another 2 weeks before you get there with the caravan. If you were to leave the caravan behind, it would probably take a week.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Mon May 22, 2006 3:19 pm

I'll go ask... I wanna see what the meriment is about anyway...

...heads out toward the music...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Mon May 22, 2006 6:37 pm

"Thank you Charlie for your help, and your counsel. If you do have any more of that feed soon we would appreciate if you could hold onto some for us." Jelard turns to Oskar as Casandra heads quickly towards the entertainments. "I think it would be wise to follow her." He nods to Charlie and makes a quick genuflection of Bahamut's luck towards him. He wraps his cloak a little tighter,and pads away.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue May 23, 2006 10:36 am

"Meh. It's probably wiser to hit the last party we'll see for the next couple of weeks."

Oskar lets the eager beavers run ahead and gives Charlie a see-you-when-I-see-you shrug.

"C'mon T, you bugger," says OsKar as he gives Mr. Tadakichi a couple of dried cranberries. "Today, let's be like water and go see what Cassandra and Jalard are getting into. Hey, don't give me that look, I don't have to be drunk to be feeling natural and all."

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”