Dragon Interlude [Everyone]

The original game
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Dragon Interlude [Everyone]

Post by klakxor » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:26 pm

As Telan, Marsaili, Oskar (with Mr T) and Jelard head to follow the green dragon towards the river they see it circle and land about halfway between the caravan and the river. It has effectively blocked the roadway between and sits with it's back to the caravan and looking towards the river. Casandra and Tromble are still not there with you, but what seems to now be the urgency is the dragon on the roadway.


On the other side of the coin:

Sammuel and Hannah are approaching from the river and see the green dragon circle overhead and land about ten minutes travel up the path from where they are with Taryn. It appears to be waiting patiently as if it knows they are coming.

"Crap. What the hell is he doing here? I hope you two actually do know how to use those weapons, since Garyx there usually isn't much for talking."

Even though Taryn seems aggravated at the green dragon's appearance, she continues her even stride, directly at the waiting dragon.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:52 pm

"What a dick."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:21 pm

Sammuel stopped for a moment to study the green, "this is a problem. I assume he is looking for you?" He looked tensely at the dragon in the road, "If he is here to fight I fear we may be of limited assistence"

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:48 pm

OOC: Distances?
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:50 am

Super Rats wrote:OOC: Distances?
Why did I know someone was going to ask me that? And why did I know it was gonna be you?

At the moment, with you just leaving the Caravan, it is approximately halfway between you and the bridge. 15 minutes travel on horseback. You are probably looking at a good mile or two down the road.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:19 pm

Oskar continues toward the dragon. "So what do you guys think about this dragon and this Taryn person?"
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:18 pm

"Well, not ever meeting this Taryn person, I can't make an opinion about them. In seeing this dragon, I really have no desire to go face to face with it."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:52 pm

"Well, I certainly don't like our chances against a dragon, so let's hope that this ends peacefully"
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:13 pm

I am going to fast forward a little bit. So rather then taking you directly to the dragon, I will wait until monday before doing a full validation.

Just so everybody knows, the roadway is mostly clear with trees and vegetation on the side. The area where the dragon is currently waiting is clear in about a 60 ft. radius around him.

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:46 am

Jelard had been watching the chromatic dragon since it had alighted ahead of them. "I find it most unusual that this dragonkind is known for its aggressivness, especially to attack on sight, and yet this fairly young one sits brazenly yet calmly whilst we approach it? I can only hope that Bahamut can show us why?"

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:49 pm

As you approach the clearing, you are about 60 feet away from the green. He appears to not notice the party approaching from the caravan and is fixated on the group approaching from the river. The dragon's tail seems to be "wagging" as if he is happy with anticipation. For those of you who can get a good view, the dragon has several scars, some running the length of his body.

"Taryn, you know I am not supposed to hurt the little ones, but if you pretend to be one while in my territory, I think I will be given full rights to kill all of them. You know I think they are beneath me." The voice sounds almost childlike and mocking. For those of you behind the dragon, you can hear him, but cannot see who he is talking to.

"Garyx, you little ugly pup. How I choose to travel is no concern of yours. You had better leave before I let the little ones take care of you." The clarity and grace of Taryn's voice is unmistakable from Garyx's. Her tone is chiding and she turns to Sammuel and Hannah and winks.

Anyone planning on taking an action before the fight ensues, please post your action.
Should have planned this better, I hate talking to myself.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:13 am

I begin singing a bard song: Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage for all allies that can hear me singing)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 pm

As Marsaili sings, you all feel encouraged that anything that happens will work out in your favor.

As you enter the area, the dragon gets up from it's position and those behind him see his head flick back for a moment and then lunge forward.

Sammuel has moved off to the side of the road and is now visible to the members on the other side.

Taryn quickly pushes Hannah to the other side of the road as she is showered in acid from the greens breath weapon.

Now is your chance to do something. I will take the initiative (roll), just let me know what you plan to do

H = Hannah
S = Sammuel
Ta = Taryn
M = Marsaili
O = Oskar
Te = Telan
J = Jelard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 am

Jelard notches and looses an arrow towards the evil foe, hoping that a sucessful hit may distract the scaled one from attacking the smaller party.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:01 am

Sammuel continued to move away from the other 2 off to the flank, trusting that the green would attack the far more dangerous enemy first rather than leave his flank open to her by coming for him.

Words of arcane power flowed from his lips as he cast sonic orbs at the green.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:10 pm

Can you please help me out by adding information for attack's and damage in italics after your post. It will help me out a lot.

Jelard should have:
Longbow +5 to hit / Damage:1d8 (x3 crit)

Sammuel should have:
Lesser Orb of Sound Ranged Touch +3 / Damage:2d8 Sonic Damage

Plus, if you are moving, please let me know what square you are moving to. Is Sammuel moving from A15 to another square.

and FYI, each square is 5 ft.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:17 pm

((Sorry, really not thinking)

Sammuel is moving diagonally to square E19


Edit
With the music playing Sammuel is at +4 with his RTA
Last edited by draconas on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:57 pm

Marsaili continues to sing, and goes into Total Defense (bringing her AC up to 20)

Also, a reminder to everyone, you are +1 to attack, +1 to weapon damage and a +1 on saves vs fear or charm effects (morale bonus)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:30 pm

Telan pulls his shortbow and readies to fire.

Attack: +6
Damage: 1d6+1
(That includes bonus from song.)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:45 pm

OOC: Does the dragon occupy every square taken up by the text? Need to know if a spell is worth casting due to AoE.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:29 pm

Super Rats wrote:OOC: Does the dragon occupy every square taken up by the text? Need to know if a spell is worth casting due to AoE.
Probably closer to k13-o13

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:45 pm

"Slow down you glorified iguana!"
Casts ENTANGLE around the dragon and moves to V16.
Mr. Tadakichi moves to V17.

Entangle
Save: Reflex Partial [DC 14]
Spell Resistance: No
Area: 40ft radius
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:27 am

If Hannah has managed to keep her wits and balance she will attempt to respond to acid with arrow.
Mstrwrk Cmpst Lngbw +7 to hit/ Damage 1d8+3/*3
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 am

You hear Oskar call out, "Slow down you glorified iguana!" and as you watch, the gras and trees and bushes stretch and reach and grab ahold of the Green Dragon keeping him in his spot.

Mystic energies start to swirl near Sammuel as you hear what sounds like a scream tearing across the clearing and slamming into the green's side.

Telan seize's the opportunity and let's loose the arrow cocked back in his bow. The arrow flies true, if only to slightly pierce the dragon's hindquarters.

The Green Dragon pulls himself to his feet, snapping branches and brush and spreads his wings. He rises into the air and calls out, "Your puny little friends are going to end up as my snacks if you don't have them stop." As the dragon lifts up, those of you behind the dragon see Hannah of to the side of the road and a very young elven girl standing tall in the middle of the road, showing no fear of the danger.

Marsaili's voice continues to fill the air with inspiration as she pulls back and prepares to defend against whatever attack may come.

Jelard and Hannah both see the dragon rising into the air and let loose from their longbows, Jelards arrow striking true but Hannahs arrow falling short, a victim of the bushes reaching for the dragon.

The small elven girl speaks up, "If you even think of harming these innocents, I will feed you to them."

As she speaks, her form starts changing and you all see her in her dragon form. The Gold finishes her statement and puts in exclamation on it by breathing out a cone of fire that engulfs the green.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:54 pm

Hot Damn! exclaims Hannah.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 am

"Two dragons?!" Exclaims Tromble from where he was hiding. "Curse myself! I've insulted a dragon. Damn my luck!" He casts Expedious Retreat (movement now 50) and looks wildly around in desperation not knowing where to run. (standing on U18, if the green comes to attack him Tromble will dash to X10)


ooc: Tromble is completeley useless here. good luck guys ;) and could we get an update of the map - where everyone is, where the entangled area is, how high are the dragons, etc?
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:00 am

"Dragons......yeah. C'mon, T." Oskar looks around for a comfy tree so he and Mr. T can get some shade.

If the green is out of the entangled area, Oskar will dismiss [the entangled area] when he is able.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:04 pm

guysorrow wrote:ooc: Tromble is completeley useless here. good luck guys ;) and could we get an update of the map - where everyone is, where the entangled area is, how high are the dragons, etc?
Sorry, my bad about the map.

The Green dragon is approx 20 feet in the air. The Gold is on the ground.
Entangled area is beneath the dragon now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:35 pm

Sammuel cast again. Sending an orb of electricity at the dragon:

Lesser orb of electricity, RTA +4 2d8 damage.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Move off the beaten path to V15 and fire an arrow.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”