Dragon Interlude [Everyone]

The original game
User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:00 pm

I continue singing, draw my bow, and continue in total defense.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:13 am

Seeing the success of his first arrow, he looses off another one at his mobile foe, before moving through the long grass at the side of the road.

Darkwood longbow +6 ranged 1d8+3/x3
Moves to square U9

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:27 am

Hannah will move off to 8e and try again with the bow.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Oskar and Mr T stroll off to a nearby tree, the bushes and shrubs reaching towards the dragon falling limp and lifeless once more.

Sammuel releases another ball, this one crackling with electricity, again hitting directly into the green dragon's side.

Telan releases another arrow from his shortbow, striking the dragon as it turns and starts to fly away.

As the green starts to fly away, Hannah and Jelard both loose their arrows. This time Hannah's arrow strikes true as the dragon flies away.

"Next time, Taryn. Just wait."

The gold dragon once again transforms back into the elven child you had seen earlier. and kneels down on one knee, apparently fatigued from the battle.

The battle is now over but if you would still like a map of the area, it may need to wait until wednesday. Let me know.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:58 pm

Marsaili stops singing.

"So, what was that all about?"
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am

Tromble lets out an exasperated sigh. "Gods. Do you think it will come back? Maybe we should head back to the caravan before it returns? Aros sounded eager to see you Lady Taryn." He says as he bows deeply to the dragon in elf form.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:38 pm

When the dragon flies off, Oskar and Mr. T make their way to where Taryn has landed.

"Greenjeans won't be back. The whelp knows he's been beaten like a rented mule. When milady has caught her breath we should walk with her to the caravan."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:18 pm

Sammuel kept his eyes to the sky, watching the Green till it vanished from his vision before heading over to Taryn.

Extending a hand to help her up, "have you been hurt?"

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Sammuel kept his eyes to the sky, watching the Green till it vanished from his vision before heading over to Taryn.

Extending a hand to help her up, "have you been hurt?"
Taryn graciously accepts Samual's outstretched hand and stands up. "Thank you sir. My wounds are minor. Has anyone in your group been hurt?"
When the dragon flies off, Oskar and Mr. T make their way to where Taryn has landed.

"Greenjeans won't be back. The whelp knows he's been beaten like a rented mule. When milady has caught her breath we should walk with her to the caravan."
Tromble lets out an exasperated sigh. "Gods. Do you think it will come back? Maybe we should head back to the caravan before it returns? Aros sounded eager to see you Lady Taryn." He says as he bows deeply to the dragon in elf form.
"Yes, he was looking pretty bad as he left. It will be a while before he decides to come back. You do not need to bow to me though child. Aros should be made aware of Garyx being here though. He may want to start the caravan moving again."
Marsaili stops singing.

"So, what was that all about?"
"My goodness. Aros certainly did send a group to meet me. You all seem much more like what I would expect from him. I am sorry, We have not all been introduced. You have all figured out who I am, but I don't know you. Please, lets continue to the caravan, we can do introductions along the way and maybe I can tell you more about Garyx and why I have come to see Master Aros."

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:08 pm

Unless he is singled out, Telan kind of stays in the background not knowing much of dragonkin, except that they keep hordes of treasure (knowledge he has gained hanging around guild members).
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:27 pm

As they begin to make their way back to the caravan, Oskar introduces himself and Mr. Tadakichi to Taryn.

"So how was your flight?"

In conversation he would ask if she saw anything interesting along her flight path. Otherwise he would chit-chat and try to be part of any conversation with Taryn. He would ask about how she knows Aros, mention a couple of funny things about Mr. T, and of course why she came to visit. He would talk to her the way he would talk to any other person he is friendly with, not treating her with any reverence or disdain, nor any disrespect intended. Some might view it as being a little forward or assuming too much familiarity, but that's just the way Oskar is.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:32 pm

Now that there is no sign of immediate danger Hannah will return to being quiet and a bit shy around Taryn. She isnt giggly or stupid just kind of awed and fascinated.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:47 am

Sammuel looked around the group, "I believe that everyone is fine thankyou."

Turning to Hannah, "we should go and retrieve our horses whilst they walk back to the camp." Which he would do unless anyone objected.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 pm

Hannah would agree and go with Sammuel.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: York, England

Post by jameswllorimer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:58 am

Jelard waits until an appropriate moment then padds quietly alongside Taryn to make his introductions. "Good day fine lady, it is pleasing to meet a being such as yourself. I am a humble servant of the Platinium Lord, and if I can be of any assistance to yourself or your kind, please just speak the word." He clears his throat before asking the next question. "Please forgive me if this question is too forthcoming, but how old are you?"

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:59 am

"A question that would bring the wrath of most women," Tromble shakes his head toward Jelard, "but then you are obviously not like most women. I am Tromble a simple entertainer of sorts, I apologise again for my words getting the best of me. This is more stress than my little frame is meant to carry. Aros has a lot of explaining to do I think. I never thought of him as one who has been honored to share the company of dragons. Nor that I would meet a dragon who seems to enjoy sharing the company of man?"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:17 am

draconas wrote:Sammuel looked around the group, "I believe that everyone is fine thankyou."

Turning to Hannah, "we should go and retrieve our horses whilst they walk back to the camp." Which he would do unless anyone objected.
Taryn turns to Sammuel and says, "Fine idea, but don't dilly dally. Garyx isn't the only predatory creature in the area."
Super Rats wrote:As they begin to make their way back to the caravan, Oskar introduces himself and Mr. Tadakichi to Taryn.

"So how was your flight?"

In conversation he would ask if she saw anything interesting along her flight path. Otherwise he would chit-chat and try to be part of any conversation with Taryn. He would ask about how she knows Aros, mention a couple of funny things about Mr. T, and of course why she came to visit. He would talk to her the way he would talk to any other person he is friendly with, not treating her with any reverence or disdain, nor any disrespect intended. Some might view it as being a little forward or assuming too much familiarity, but that's just the way Oskar is.
jameswllorimer wrote:Jelard waits until an appropriate moment then padds quietly alongside Taryn to make his introductions. "Good day fine lady, it is pleasing to meet a being such as yourself. I am a humble servant of the Platinium Lord, and if I can be of any assistance to yourself or your kind, please just speak the word." He clears his throat before asking the next question. "Please forgive me if this question is too forthcoming, but how old are you?"
guysorrow wrote:"A question that would bring the wrath of most women," Tromble shakes his head toward Jelard, "but then you are obviously not like most women. I am Tromble a simple entertainer of sorts, I apologise again for my words getting the best of me. This is more stress than my little frame is meant to carry. Aros has a lot of explaining to do I think. I never thought of him as one who has been honored to share the company of dragons. Nor that I would meet a dragon who seems to enjoy sharing the company of man?"
"Oh my. Quite to the point, little follower of Bahamut. I like that. I sometimes forget that the passing of time means so much to your people. I suppose you would say that I am still very young. I have only about 30 years behind me."

Taryn respects the fact that many of the group choose to treat her as any other traveller and tells you of the many bandits running across the paths and trails in Northeastern part of Southern Solace. She seems confident that the bandits would not be an issue, especially if Aros has people like your group with him. She seems to be holding some information back, and if questioned on it, she simply tells you that this is why she is coming to speak to Aros.

She then tells you of how she met Aros. They both were born in Northern Aristar. When she was just a wyrmling, no more than 6 years, Aros was arriving at manhood and leaving his tribe. She also was leaving her current home, having outgrown it. Her ability to fly was less the respectable, so she chose to walk most of the time. When she saw Aros alone walking in the desert, she decided to stop him and have some company. Since then they have stayed in contact and have been friends.

By the time you make it back to the caravan, you see that it has been prepared to start moving. After a little while of searching, you find Aros with the heads of the middle and rear trains of the caravan (Bariss and Cantor).

As you approach you hear Bariss arguing that he needs to get a group out to hunt the green dragon that passed by and you hear Cantor arguing that they need to head back to ThimbleFair for protection and to calm the animals.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:46 pm

"Hold Baris and Cantor!" Tromble says aloud for all around to hear and with bravado in his voice. "The green dragon is far gone and wont be back anytime soon. Aros the wise master that he is, saw the danger immediately and already sent us out to face the dragon. We fought through much danger but drove it away!" As he says 'we' Tromble opens his arms as to display the group like he would introduce champions to the king. "and Aros, we are pleased to escourt to you an old friend..." He says motioning to Taryn.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:28 pm

Mr. Tadakichi vomits. It is pretend vomit, however.

Oskar heads over to Aros, Bariss, and Cantor, picking up some cool cider along the way. "Seems the green bugger 'as flown off and needs to lick his wounds. So now that things have calmed down, mind spilling a little about what's going on? That green didn't come here for the caravan buffet."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 am

So very eloquent... I'm sure Taryn is about to get to it. Give her a moment to breathe..., slightly irritated...

OOC: No one notices that Casandra wasn't around for the battle... because she was... sorta... in a DM-magic sorta way... :) Back again...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:41 am

Sammuel hopped back on his warhorse and rode back with Hannah to see how the rest of the adventurers were doing with Taryn.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:58 pm

Assuming that the rest of you are waiting to see what happens,

Bariss becomes infuriated, turning toward Aros. "Did you know something about that dragon. I told you that you can't keep things like that a secret from me. If it's gone, good. If it comes back, I hope it eats you." And with that Bariss stomps off to his horse and heads to his cart.

Cantor just seems dumbfounded by what just transpired between Bariss and Aros. He walks off towards the back of the caravan with the animals.

Aros laughs after both of them are out of earshot. He looks at the group of you and says, "Wow, I was hoping to be nice and try to just talk them away. Perhaps Bariss and Cantor did not need to know about my visitor though. Taryn is a wonderful young lass, however she could be considered a threat to those who do not know better. Let's find a nice clearing nearby we can sit and talk in. We can always catch up with the caravan."

Aros finds a nice clearing and he starts to talk to Taryn as if they were close friends. You hear them reminisce about times when they were younger in the desert.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:50 pm

Coming out of his shell alittle now that the dragons are not in the vicinity, "Aros keeps some very strange and somewhat powerful friends."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:50 pm

On their way back to the camp Hannah would be asking Sammuel questions about intereaction with dragons amd the proper etiquette, and wondering about Taryn's friendship with Aros.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:38 am

"Kind of makes you wonder what his deal is," says Oskar to Telan as they walk along. "You know?"
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:12 pm

Sammuel shrugged, "I don't know, except to show respect for something that could eat you at whim." He had wanted adventure and excitement... he was certainly getting it.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 pm

Casandra will silently follow after Taryn and Aros given she believes she was invited to the clearing...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:50 pm

Tromble also follows Aros and Taryn to the clearing, not for a second considering that they might have wanted to talk privately. "So my friends, what is this all about?" His ears almost visibly tingle with curiosity.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:47 pm

Well, if everyone is going that way, I'm gonna follow.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”