Meeting in the Clearing

The original game
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Meeting in the Clearing

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:42 pm

The clearing that Aros finds is small. He finds a nice tree trunk that he quickly hops onto and sits. "So, Taryn, what is it that brings you my way?"

Taryn replies, "I came to warn you that you should not head to Quiet Pasture. The town has been under attack lately. I have not seen the maruaders that come in, but they attack at night. The townsfolk claim that they are goliaths and orcs, as unlikely a combination as that may sound."

She pauses and thinks for a moment. She then continues, "I know that it may sound strange, but there has also been grumblings of Ogre's in the Northern mountains heading down into small town of Restam in Aristair and that the same combination of goliaths and orcs heading into the town of Hollowshine in Cromwell."

"I don't know if this means anything, but I don't suppose any of you know the Tales of the Seven. These towns had something to do with it, but I don't recall"

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:29 am

"Nothing I recall of the Tales of the Seven have anything to do with towns..."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 am

Aros concurs with Flinx, "I don't remember the towns having anything to do with the legends."

Taryn seems to think for a moment, as if trying to remember. "The towns are not integral to the stories, so I suppose that they could be forgotten. I probably should not tell you what I know, but the Seven were smaller folk, just as you. They came from different races and did much damage trying to gain the powers of dragons. They considered themselves gods. They did many experimentations between races, trying to bring themselves more power. My understanding is that at one time, they controlled all of what is Madragar. Although their seat of power was never found, some believe that it was near the Inland Sea, as the towns surrounding the sea is where they were normally seen."

"I believe that the Seven passed on from this world, but there are rumors that they might not all be gone. I have seen no proof of this until lately. If the towns surrounding the Inland Sea are in fact being attacked, it may be that someone has found their seat of power and is using it. It is also possible that one of the Seven has returned."

OOC: There will be one more validation before I go on vacation. During teh last validation, no one other then Marsaili did anything. Please post what you are doing (even if you are just leaning against a tree picking your nose). Also, feel free to ask questions. If you don't, you are not going to get any more information.

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:58 pm

Tromble normally boisterous, stood silent for a moment as he waited for someone else to ask about the seven as he had never heard of them.

As soon as Taryn shared more he unleashed his tongue. "What is this seat of power? It sounds valuable? I've never heard of these seven, this has the makings of a great campfire story. Do you think they could actually be real? How long ago was this? What can you do with the seat of power? Were these seven as powerful as gods?And what proof have you seen lately that these seven might exist, besides these towns being attacked? Did these seven have names? If they were as powerful as gods why would they use Goliaths and Orcs, seems like a waste of power doesn't it?"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:45 am

Something brought to my attention yesterday and I thought I would clarify. As of now, everyone is together and are now in the clearing.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:57 pm

"The "seven" were people (elves, humans, dwarves) that attempted to control the powers of the dragons in order to gain godhood. There are several tales, none which seem to make any sense in the context of what is going on."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:21 pm

Sammuel thought about the attacks rather than the legend, protecting the convoy was the mission he was signed up for.

"If they are raiders then it doesn't matter what town we go to - they are likely to spread their strikes out amungst them to get more plunder. If they are not and if they are taking towns with intent we can avoid the ones we know they are attacking now and try to figure out where they will be moving to in order to avoid those towns to."

Jayel
BARON
BARON

Post by Jayel » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:01 pm

Not knowing anything that is being talked about, Telan just sits back and listens.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Oskar hears Taryn speaking, but he's wondering why he's being told this information about The Seven. He's more bothered that Taryn has confirmed the rumor Charlie told him about the Goliaths being involved with the Orcs.

"This stuff about The Seven, Taryn, well it's just going over my head. Unless you're telling me these Seven or one of the Seven is waiting for us in Quiet Pasture I'm just not seeing it. I'm a little more concerned as to why the Goliaths are involved with Orcs."

"So Aros, what are you going to do? Press on to Quiet Pasture or go around it?"
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

fcartag
Templar
Templar

Post by fcartag » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:40 am

Can you tell us more about the 7? Specifically, are there rumors as to which of them might have survived/stayed around? What could you tell us about that one?

Casandra will continue to listen intently...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong

Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:43 am

"Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of information on the Seven. They were before my time. I have only heard rumors and tales, but I think it is suspicious that the attacks are coming from near their center.

Perhaps the Elven Libraries on Ferris can give you more information. As far as the goblins and goliaths working together, it may all be an illusion to make people afraid. Fear is a mighty opponent and those who fall victim to it can cause major problems."

Aros chimes in,"If things are that bad in Quiet Pasture, I would prefer not to put the caravan in danger. We will follow the Solace River to the ocean and head to Cyndersil. Perhaps when we have made it through the Southern Solace, Quiet Pasture will once again be safe to visit."

"As for the group of you, I know that I cannot command you to do anything, but maybe you can head to Ferris and find out more about the Seven. You should be able to catch a ship from New Elam to head there. Just head south from the bridge until you get to Charone. Head west from there and you will get to New Elam."

"I might suggest stopping at Charone to make sure that the authorities know of how bad the situation in Quiet Pasture is."

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:14 pm

"This is all fascinating, but my job is to protect this caravan. Whatsoever you would have me do Aros, is what I will do and where I will go.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:38 pm

"The seven can bite me," says Oskar. He and Mr. T begin to spar. "But I could go to New Elam. Mr. Tadakichi and I were only on this caravan until we could find something to do."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

fcartag
Templar
Templar

Post by fcartag » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:29 pm

Very well my friend. I will do as you ask.

To Taryn:
Is there any way to contact you if we should end up needing any assistance... or if there's anything we can find out for you... etc.?
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong

Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:51 pm

"I'm allways willing to learn new stories to tell, so count me in."

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:40 pm

Sammuel considered, "I'd love some excitement, but you did hire us to protect the Caravan, if we all leave to go hunting information on the seven will you be alright to make it Cyndersil?"

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:28 pm

"Surely there are enough able bodied hands to take care of the caravan. Besides this thrown of power sounds very important, we would want to know if it is real and where it is to prevent it falling into the wrong hands. Do you think its made of gold? How much would that weigh?" Tromble's eyes gaze off longingly as he asks the last question.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:10 pm

Aros laughs, "I will make sure that Bariss takes care of the caravan if you go. Have no fear for our safety. If there is a larger problem as Taryn believes, I would much rather you take care of that then worry about my little group of merchants and performers."

Taryn also chimes in, "I don't think that you should need me, for I am still very young. I will try to keep in touch with you, or have one of my friendlier cousins check on you from time to time to make sure you are okay."

OOC: Just back from vacation, still waiting for internet access at home (I moved). Hopefully I will have a connection tonight and can put together a validation in a new thread.

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”