On to Charone

The original game
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

On to Charone

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:53 pm

I assume everyone is okay with the plan to head to Charone. We will work from there.

Aros hands a crude map of Southern Solace to Marsaili. The map only shows main roads from the bridge to Charone and then to New Elam. (OOC: I will PM the map to Flinx once it is complete)

Aros and Taryn leave the clearing to let you decide how to proceed. Aros seems to move faster then you have ever seen him do before. He takes off towards the bridge on his way to catch up with the Caravan before they get too far towards Quiet Pasture.

Taryn leaves the same way she showed up. She heads down to river, out of view and dives in. Although you do not see this happen, you do see her emerge from the water in her dragon form.

The main road from the bridge seems to head a half a days travel west before breaking off and heading southeast towards Charone. Traveling straight through will probably save you a couple days, but you will need to go over quite a bit of heavily forested area during the trek.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:34 pm

Sammuel, being mounted, is quite happy to take the road as it is easier going than trekking through the forest.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:32 pm

"I believe even those of us on foot would be happier on the road."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:39 pm

"I'd be a much happier Dwarf traveling through the trees. Shade is oh so very nice, plus it looks like less travel," says Oskar. "But, I suppose not everyone is as at home in the woods, as I am. Dendrophobes." He smiles and says whichever way is fine with him.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:35 pm

"Well, if Aros says the caravan will be fine without us, so be it."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:49 am

With Aros blessing to depart Hannah is excited at the prospect of travel and adventure and also being mounted prefers the road to the wood.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:39 am

After 5 min of walking Tromble starts complaining "Ahh my feet hurt. This pack is too heavy. Are we actually going to walk all the way there? Shouldnt we get some ponies, or maybe a cart? I would like riding in the back of a cart. I know my legs will start cramping if we keep this pace up for too long."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:59 am

"Would you like me to sing a traveling song? Maybe it will take your mind off of your feet."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:31 pm

"A pony and a jug of wine would take my mind off my feet, but your singing is always welcome."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

It would be better if we rode, but I am unafraid of a bit of walking...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:30 pm

I think we need to get you all some horses very, very soon, before you guys drive me crazy.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:52 am

"Even more reason to stay on foot," says Oskar who does a short jig. "In all seriousness though, it's not a bad idea since horses would speed the journey up a bit. I'm a little too heavy for Mr. T, seeing as he's still not quite full grown yet, but if there's a horse shortage we could probably get the little one on Mr. Tadakichi. T is a riding dog after all."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:27 am

"No offence to to Mr. T, but I would prefer a something a little more docile like a pony, something that isn't going to mistake me for a chew-bone." Tromble looks sheepishly at the big dog. "However I am little as you say, I could easily fit doubled up with someone on a horse? Ow! I think i'm getting a blister." Tromble starts limping a little with his right leg.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:46 pm

"Oh ok Tromble, you can ride with me for awhile. Just stop limping already." Hannah grins at him and reaches down to help him swing up.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:18 am

"I swear I will never understand halflings"

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:29 am

Tromble firmly grasps Hannah's hand and scarmbles up behind her. "That's all right Sammuel, humans often have trouble grasping complexities beyond their culture." Looking down Trom holds tightly on to Hannah. "This is pretty high up. Does your horse ever buck? I'ts kind of a rough ride."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:31 am

As you approach the fork in the road that the caravan took, you notice five horses and two ponies tied to the post that points to Cyndersil. On the post is a small note that reads,

"Sorry for the quick exit, but I needed to catch the caravan before they got to far. I hope these horses and ponies can assist you in getting to your destination.

~Aros"


It is approaching late afternoon, some clouds appear to be rolling in. The area surrounding you is sparsely wooded.

Sorry for the late validation. My week has been pretty hectic. Next validation will be Monday and will be on time.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:51 am

"Awesome! Thanks, Aros...though if I knew this would happen I would have been talking about getting winged horses. Well T, it looks like you don't have to walk so slow on account of my stubby walking sticks for a while. Looks like we'll be able to make better time to Charon."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:08 am

Great... may nature's blessings continue to befall you Aros...

hops on a horsey...

Ride: +3
Last edited by fcartag on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:58 am

Telan picks a horse and gets on hoping not to fall off.

Ride: +3
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:18 pm

"Weeeee... We get to ride horsies... hehehe."

(also hopeing not to fall on my ass (and I'm not refering to a donkey).)

Ride +2
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:31 pm

"Well Tromble, looks like you dont have to worry about bucking or me shoving you off after several hours of your complaining."Hannah says with a grin. "I think you're on your own to manage a pony now. You can ride, right?"
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:32 pm

As you take the horses and ponies, a light rain starts to fall. You can see a camping are aapproximately half a mile up the road. It looks as if there is no-one there, but there is two small lean-to's built there to protect travellers from the rain.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:10 pm

Perhaps you can check out the camp ahead... motioning to the scout(s) in the party...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:29 pm

"I will be willing to be one to go to check out the camp."

Hide: +9
Move Silently: +9
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:14 am

"I'll go. I know if I were camped on the side of the open road and I caught someone sneaking toward my camp, I'd not take too kindly toward them. If there is anyone there who means us harm, well, we'll have to deal with them anyway. I'd rather be upfront and take whatever knocks may come than create a foe unnecessarily," says Oskar as he nudges his horse forward. "Telan, I'd appreciate it if you'd get my back, if that's okay with you? You probably have better eyes to spot trickery than I do. Come on Mr. Tadakichi, let's check it out..."

OOC: I can't remember, but did we have time to rest and regain spells yet?
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:41 am

Super Rats wrote:OOC: I can't remember, but did we have time to rest and regain spells yet?
Not yet, you are coming on the first nightfall since meeting Taryn.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:41 am

"Ugh! the rain is making this mule smell like fetid sewage. and this saddle must have been made for a fat bottomed human, my backside will split if I'm up here for much longer. Please check out the area quickly so we can keep dry." Tromble tries to plug his nose and breathe out of his mouth and scowels at his wet pony.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:16 pm

"I've got your back, Oskar." Telan will follow.

/ooc Did you want me there with you or follow discretely? It matters not either way to me.

Spot: +8
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:16 pm

((OOC: Sorry for the alteness, hectic week))

"I'll watch both your backs, if it turns nasty expect to see some fireworks streaking overhead."

Sammuel would follow on his horse once they were out of earshot of those staying he added, "if only to get away from trombles moaning" He would stop about a hundred feet from the camp.

Ride +4
Spot +0

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”