Campsite Ambush

The original game
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Campsite Ambush

Post by klakxor » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:50 pm

Okay, here we are. This map should be correct. Inititative will be set on Monday, so let me know what you want to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:39 pm

Sammuel will cast lesser orb of fire at the Wolf in T3
RTA at +3 2d8 fire damage.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Casandra will cast hold animal on the wolf in B/C 10.

WDC: 15, 3 rounds
Last edited by fcartag on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:01 pm

Jayel wrote:Telan moves stealth like toward the horses.

/ooc Apologies, but I'm away at my parents on vaca and don't have access to my character, so I am not sure of my Move Silent and Hide bonuses.

Edit: They are both +10
I don't see my character, Telan , on the map. I believe i should be near the group by the horses, unless I'm not shown because of a successful hide check.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:51 pm

Hannah will be firing her bow at wolf in z7.


Mstrwrk Cmp Lgbow +6 (1d8+3\*3)
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Short sword drawn, Telan sits and waits for an opportunity to flank the closest wolf.

Attack: +5 (+3 base, +2 flank)
Damage: 1d6+1 (sneak attack 2d6)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:43 am

Waiting on reply from guysorrow and super rats before I post the validation.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:24 am

Oskar will ready an action. If the critters close in he will cast Faerie Fire if he can hit more than one in the AoE (5' radius burst, no save, SR yes). He would avoid getting Mr.T in the AoE.

Mr. T readies a bite attack if one enters a threatened square.
Bite: +4 (1d6+4)
Last edited by Super Rats on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:47 am

Tromble timidly dashes forward, thrusts his arm out with palm open and casts whelm on the wolf in z7 (WDC 16/2d6 non-leathal damage).
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:31 pm

The three creatures approach the tree that Marsaili is in. As they close in, Oskar lets loose his spell, making the creatures glow. The glow shows you that these large wolves have a glimmer of intelligence in their eyes.

Mr. T. snaps at W1 and takes a nice bite out of it.

Marsaili scrambles up the tree after seeing how large the worgs are. She is able to find a strong branch that appears relatively dry from the leaves of the tree and is far enough up to keep them from jumping to her. (20 on a climb check, nice)

As the 2 worgs by the horses notice you, they move to the main group attempting to surround them. Telan seems to appear out of nowhere, flanking w6 and landing a very hard shortsword slice across its hindquarters.

Sammuel lets go a small ball of fire from his hand, the heavy rain making it hiss across the sky as it flies directly at w5, singing its fur and making it yelp.

Likewise, Hannah looses an arrow from her bow. Flying true to it’s mark, w6 howls and falls flat down onto the ground. (Max dmg from a critical, way to go)

Tromble moves by Hannah, realizing that his original target has now fallen , turns and thrusts his palm out towards w5. Whatever he is doing is very effective, as w5 yelps loudly and stumbles a little as moves in.

Casandra looks towards the area that Oskar and Marsaili are at with the worgs. She says a few words and w1 seems to stop for a second and then shrugs off whatever effect she was trying to use.

As you all look around, waiting for the next move, you realize that three more have moved into the campsite, 2 of which are even larger then the ones you are currently dealing with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by klakxor on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:23 pm

OOC: Since it doesn't look like Casandra's hold animal went off, can I use it on W5?

I'm not sure how initiative works online. :-)
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:12 am

I begin singing to inspire courage...

+1 attack, +1 weapon damage, +1 save vs. Charm and Fear
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:38 am

Oskar takes a 5' step to F13 (or to another unthreatened square should F13 become threatened by the time he moves). He will then cast Obscuring Mist, which will give Mr.T, Marsaili, and himself concealment as long as they are in the mist. The wolves outlined with Faerie Fire lose concealment.

Obscuring Mist (Effect: Cloud spreads in 20-ft. radius from you, 20 ft. high; Duration: 3 min; Saving Throw: None; Spell Resistance: No)

Mr.T won't tolerate the fool that entered his space and bites the same wolf he attacked last round.

Bite +8 (1d6+5) <- Including the bonus from Marsaili (if it is in effect when he attacks) and the corrected attack bonus for Mr. T.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Telan drops his sword and draws his short bow, preparing an attack for next round. He will attack the smaller new worg.

Attack: +6 (+5 base, +1 bard song)
Damage: 1d6+1 (+1 bard song)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 pm

Hannah will move to R9 to take a clearer shot at W4 with the same longbow.





Mstrwrk Bastard Swrd +7 (1d10+3)
Last edited by phoenixx on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:52 am

"Fine, leave the mage to deal with the one in melee" sammuel muttered, he wanted to save his last spells for the large ones which left him no alternative than to engage W5 with spear and shield.

Attack +2 for 1d6 damage. AC=18

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:36 pm

"Sammuel I didnt go very far, and melee is good for the soul. "
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:49 pm

Tromble moves to N8 and casting defesively tries the spell hypnotize against MW5.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 pm

Marsaili’s voice fills the air and you all get this feeling of awe, that whatever happens, you will be able to win this fight.

Oskar backs up as mist starts to rise around. The mist pours out from him, filling the space around himself, Mr T, Marsaili, and one of the cabins. Mr T leaps and bites W1.

W5 starts to move away towards the large Worg that entered the top of the campsite.

W1 snaps at Mr. T, buts the mist obscures his ability to hit him. W2 also moves to flank and bite Mr. T buts stumbles through the mist.

Telan drops his sword and pulls out his crossbow, firing it at W4.

Sammuel attempts to hit W5 as it moves away, but the worg was able to sidestep the end of his spear.

Tromble moves from the group and faces W5. The worg stops in its tracks, absolutely fascinated by Tromble gestures. (You have 5 rounds)

Hannah moves out the other direction, firing another arrow from her longbow at W4. The wolf howls in anger as the arrow hits its side.

MW2 moves across the campsite and snaps at Tromble, missing him due to the erratic movements of his spellscasting. MW1 moves towards the mist that is obscuring Oskar and Marsaili.

W3 moves around the back of the tree through the mist, smelling Oskar and taking a bite of him (-8 HP to Oskar, yay I finally got someone). W4 moves up towards Hannah, snarling at her.

The circle to the left is the obscuring mist.

I did not get a posted move by fcartaq (although I originally forgot to write in that Casandra’s spell failed in the first validation). Since I screwed up, I will allow you to post a double action for Casandra, one action taking place at the beginning of the round, the second taking place at your initiative order.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:24 pm

"Eeeek! It's going to eat me!!" Tromble screams as he takes a cowering 5 foot diagonal step back to P9 , hoping the very large MW2 will attack Cassandra or Cassandra will get an attack of opportunity on the beast if it attempts to follow after him. Tromble will then cast defensively the spell "whelm" against MW2.
Last edited by guysorrow on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:59 pm

guysorrow wrote:"Eeeek! It's going to eat me!!" Tromble screams as he takes a cowering 5 foot diagonal step back to P9 , hoping the very large MW5 will attack Cassandra or Cassandra will get an attack of opportunity on the beast if it attempts to follow after him. Tromble will then cast defensively the spell "whelm" against MW5.
I believe you are thinking MW2

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:39 pm

yes, yes i am. edited.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:42 pm

Unable to see what is going on around me anymore, I continue to sing, and am in total defense.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:22 am

Oskar five-foots it to F12 and transmutes his club into a Shillelagh.

Mr. Tadakichi five-foots it to E13 and lunges at his opponent to try and put it out of its misery:

Bite +8 (1d6+5)
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:50 pm

Hannah will switch up from bow to sword as W4 is menacing her.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:11 pm

Sammuel gestured rapidly with his free hand, and cast lesser sonic orb on MW2 before it decided to snap anymore at tromble.

Pick on someone your own size you ugly mutt"

RTA at +3, 2d8 sonci damage

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:58 pm

Flinx wrote:Unable to see what is going on around me anymore, I continue to sing, and am in total defense.
You should still be able to see the 3 worgs, as they are under the Oskar's Fairie Fire Spell

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:02 pm

klakxor wrote:
Flinx wrote:Unable to see what is going on around me anymore, I continue to sing, and am in total defense.
You should still be able to see the 3 worgs, as they are under the Oskar's Fairie Fire Spell
Ok, then instead, I will cling to my tree, keep singing, draw my rapier, an go into total defense.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:06 pm

Still holding validation until I hear from Cassandra. Will not go past Thursday.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:58 pm

Oskar moves out of the way of the attacking worg and as he speaks, his club begins to shimmer with magic.

Mr. T moves and bites at W1, continuing his attack.

W5 continues to move around behind the cabins towards the misty area.

W1 attacks back at T but misses with its bite. W2 attempts to get into the tree but fails.

Since he drew the bow last round, and has not posted a different action: Jayel fires his bow at the approaching w4,

Marsaili, safe in her tree singing, draws her rapier in anticipation.

Tromble cries out “Eeek, Its going to eat me” and backs away from MW2, thrusting forward his hand. The Worg howls as the damage hits it.

Sammuel yells at MW2, "Pick on someone your own size you ugly mutt", and an orb of sound screams by Cassandra, striking the animal square in its side.

Hannah swipes her sword at the oncoming W4, dropping it before it can even reach her.

MW1 moves into the mist, being obscured from sight.

MW2 Moves and attacks Cassandra, biting her arm. (7HP damage) (Still no response from her, so she has done nothing)

W3 steps up to flank Mr. T and bites him. (5HP)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”