Campsite Ambush

The original game
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:37 pm

Early Validation since everyone posted:

Sammuel calls out "aaah.... To the others!" and moves over next to Tromble.

Oskar hears Sammuel’s call and dismisses the mist that surrounds Marsaili and him. Mr T moves to attack W2 but misses

MW1 jumps up the tree and snaps at Marsaili (10 points of damage).

Marsaili loses her grip on her position from the bite, but is able to drop her bow and grab a branch before falling to the ground (bad climb check roll to keep your footing, but a great reflex to grab on).

Tromble waits by the edge of where the fog was for the rest of his comrades to come over.

Telan moves up behind Sammuel, bringing his bow up and targeting the worgs.

W2 Bites Mr T for 20 (Ouch, full critical)

Hannah also moves to gather near Tromble.

Cassandra also moves up with Deimos following behind her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Shoot at MW1.

Attack: +6 (+5 base, +1 bard song)
Damage: 1d6+1 (+1 bard song)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 pm

Sammuel yelled at the wolf "Get down from that tree and try picking on a man!"

Not wanting to risk hitting Marsaili by accident with a fire orb he will cast magic missile on MW2:

Edit
2d4+5 damage (2*1d4+1 +3 WME)
/Edit
Last edited by draconas on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:29 pm

"No fighting, Tada" says Oskar as he moves to D14, while Mr. Tadakichi takes a withdraw action to E12. When Oskar gets to D14 he will whack W2.

Shillelaugh'ed Club +6 (+4, +1 bardic music, +1 spell) for 2d6+4
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:25 pm

Marsaili yelps out in pain, and attempts to scramble back up to her perch.

Marsaili has stopped singing, so her song will only last 5 more rounds.
Climb: +6
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:28 pm

draconas wrote:Sammuel yelled at the wolf "Get down from that tree and try picking on a man!"

Not wanting to risk hitting Marsaili by accident with a fire orb he will cast magic missile on MW2: 2d4+6 damage (2*1d4+1 +3 WME + 1 Bard song)
ooc: Bard song is +1 to weapon damage rolls only
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:37 am

Hannah will move out from behind Sammuel and Cassandra.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:03 am

Tromble pulls out his dagger with a shakey hand and readies to throw it at any monster that might come towards him.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 am

Sammuel launches two white bolts from his hand, hitting W2.

Hannah moves to a better vantage point to see the confrontation

Mr T backs away as Oskar steps up and whacks W2 with his club

Marsaili, shaken from almost falling tries to get back onto the branch and nearly loses her grip again. (I guess you fell onto a wet branch)

W2 bites back at Oskar for 8 points of damage

Telan fires a shot at MW1, this slight distraction causes her to lose her footing and fall to the ground

Tromble pulls out his dagger, waiting for something to attack him

MW1 gets up off the ground and seeing the damage to her companions runs towards the smallest to try to get a quick meal and leave.

Tromble throws his dagger at MW1 as it approaches and the dagger sticks but does not seem to phase the beast.

***No post by Cassandra so she loses her action for the round***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:38 pm

"EEEEEEIK!" Tromble jumps back to L14 (5ft step) and cowers with his hands infront of his face (full defense).
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:37 pm

/ooc Trying to figure out what distraction made his character fall, maybe it was that sudden gender change.

Telan resets and fires an arrow at MW1.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 pm

(telan's shot made the MW1 lose its footing, she fell to the ground)
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:35 am

Jayel wrote:ooc Trying to figure out what distraction made his character fall, maybe it was that sudden gender change.
Sorry, guysorrow is right. MW1 fell out of the tree (damn 1 on a climb check to keep her balance).

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:43 pm

Ahh, I understand now. I forgot the worg was partially climbing the tree.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 pm

Seeing Tromble falling back Sammuel will take a 5 foot space into the square he just vacated and attack.

Attack +3 for 1d6+1 damage. AC=18

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:07 pm

Hannah will atttempt to fire an arrow at M1 around and over Tromble.




Mstrwrk Cmp Lgbow +6 (1d8+3\*3)
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:13 pm

Wincing in pain, I cast Cure Light Wounds on myself, hoping to ease the pain.

(Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+3 points of healing)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:46 am

Casandra will throw the produced flame (d6+3) at MW1 and Deimos will bite (+5 att; d6+2 dmg) again

OOC: if I already threw it - I'm checking past posts - I'll cast and throw
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:14 pm

to w2

Shillelaugh'ed Club +6 (+4, +1 bardic music, +1 spell) for 2d6+4
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:23 pm

Shoot again at MW1.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:27 pm

Oskar swings his club and drops W2

MW1 bites Tromble (11 hp) - Tromble collapses to the ground

Sammuel moves to cover Tromble, but is unsuccessful in hitting MW1

Hannah fires her bow and misses MW1

Casandra throws the ball of flame she has been holding and singes MW1

Telan fires and misses

Tromble lies on the ground bleeding

Marsaili heals herself for 7 points
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:52 pm

Worried about Tromble, I take one last shot, trying to drop the foul beast, then I drop my bow, and begin to climb down the tree.

+7 attack (+2 base, +2 Dex, +1 masterwork, +1 Bardsong, +1 Point Blank Shot if within 30 feet, no penalty to firing into melee due to precise shot)
1d6 +2 damage (1d6 base, +1 Bardsong, +1 Point Blank Shot if within 30 feet)


ooc: I'm not sure if I am within 30 or not. if not, subtract 1 from to hit and damage
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Sling bow and draw sword.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Deimos will bite (+5 att; d6+2 dmg) again and Casandra will cast cure light wounds and move to K14 to touch Tromble...

OOC: Didn't see a validation of Deimos' bite last round so I'm assuming he missed?
Last edited by fcartag on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:04 am

fcartag wrote:OOC: Didn't see a validation of Deimos' bite last round so I'm assuming he missed?
Good assumption, but the better one would be that I forgot. I will make it the first in the next validation.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:45 am

'gurggle.....'


(ooc: doesn't -11 only put tromble at 0? meaning disabled but not dropped? now you all know why tromble is such a coward hehe)
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 am

guysorrow wrote:'gurggle.....'


(ooc: doesn't -11 only put tromble at 0? meaning disabled but not dropped? now you all know why tromble is such a coward hehe)
I have always set 0 as the drop point, I guess he could try to crawl away. You do not have to stabilize yourself at 0, only if negative.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:21 pm

Sammuel crouch so that he is physically between the wolf and Tromble and attack it with his spear

Attack +3 for 1d6+1 damage AC18

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:06 am

well if he can crawl, Tromble is crawling... away ;)
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:46 pm

Oskar moves to G15.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”