Charone

The original game
Locked
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Charone

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:17 pm

Seeing the city in the distance is marvelous. Most of the towns that you visited with the caravan were the smaller ones.

Charone is surrounded by a wall that is 30 feet high. The stones are kept clean and white. As you approach from the north, the entrance gate is open and the 2 guards are standing on either side of the gate.

I want to speed through the next couple of validations, because there are a couple of events to get to once you make it into the city.
Last edited by klakxor on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:25 pm

Casandra will follow the group silently and be wary of the city dwellers when they get closer...

Sense Motive: +10
Diplomacy: +10
Spot/Listen: +5
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:20 am

Keep riding toward the city.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:44 am

"Finally!" Tromble exclaims at the sight of the city. "Blessed civilization! A warm bed and bath is in order. I was getting worried my rear would become a permanent fixture on this pony. Where should we go first?"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:55 pm

"Yes, as much as I love to travel, there is always something special about reaching your destination."

I too will continue riding towards the city
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Hannah leans back in the saddle and smiles, "Oh cold ale and a hot bath what a wonderful end to the day."
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:11 pm

At the gates the guards stop you. The one on the right says,"Welcome to Charone. We ask that your refrain from fighting or causing trouble within the city."

Looking over the group he notices the Deimos and T. "Your companions are welcome to come into the city, however there are establishments that will not allow them in."

"Is there any particular business that you have in the city? Perhaps we can help guide your way."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:11 am

Sammuel would flick one of the guards a silver piece, For now a decent inn where we can all stay.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:18 am

Casandra will continue to follow the group silently and be wary of the city dwellers...

Sense Motive: +10
Diplomacy: +10
Spot/Listen: +5
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:05 am

"Samuel, throw the man another silver and find us the finest inn in the city!" Tromble exclaims cheerfully.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:48 am

"Really Tromble, are you buying?"
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:46 pm

"Well Hannah, that would depend on how good my dice roll." Tromble gives her a wink. Then in a whisper he says "Besides if we are going to get a proper reward we will want to look the part of people who deserve a proper reward. It's all about appreances m'lady."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 pm

The guard looks at the silver piece.

"There are many establishments within the city which you can rest in."

After hearing Tromble's statement about another silver, he lets out a small chuckle.

"If you want the finest, then you'll be spending 20 gold a night. Perhaps if you tell me your business in town, I can direct you to an establishment suited to your needs."

And finally, after Hannah and Tromble's exchange.

"If that is what you are here for, gambling can be found in the Sudderly District. Head south down the main road and make a left at Joam's Pub. Stay straight and it will take you right into that district. Just watch out down there. It is not the nicest area of the city."

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:59 pm

"Maybe once we get to the inn, I can play for my lodgings. Quite often, in these kind of places, entertainers stay for free." :)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:52 am

Sammuel flicked him another 2 cains, "Somewhere affordable with decent beer that won't throw out any of my companions..." He rolled his eyes a little towards Tromble, "even the halfling. We can wander out to go gambling from there."

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:34 pm

"Also, we have business with the Prime Minister. Where can we find him?"
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:22 pm

"You will need to speak with one of the Senator's if you wish to see the Prime Minister. If you decide to head down to the Sudderly district, you can probably see Senator Amatra. He owns a flat across from the Two Coppers. You can't miss the Two Coppers if you head down to Sudderly."

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:46 am

Flinx wrote:"Also, we have business with the Prime Minister. Where can we find him?"
Tromble whinces as he hears this thinking ack! she's announced our business to everyone in ear shot! No use in trying to be subtle now, if there are men watching for this they will know we are coming.

Tromble says aloud "The Sudderly district you say again? A good place for gambling? excellent! We should be off. Thank you sir."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:56 am

As you move through the main street of the town, it seems to be a bustling metropolis, with all different kinds of races and peoples interacting.

Towards the center of town you see a sign for the Sudderly District pointing you to the east.

Travelling into the Sudderly district, you will notice that the surroundings are starting to look more like the slums of a city as opposed to the actual citty. The buildings seemed to be run down and the streets are littered with garbage.

After travelling through the town for an hour, you see a sign on on what appears to be a large inn that reads "Welcome to the Two Coppers"

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:48 pm

I step inside the inn and look around. Assuming that I see the innkeeper, I walk over to where he is.

"Greetings sir" (or Madam if appropriate), "My friends and I have just arrived from out of town, and are looking for rooms."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:50 pm

Hannah will follow Marsaili into the inn and take a look around surveying for an potential issues.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:23 am

Oscar will take the opportunity to sit down in an actual chair for the first time in several days.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:42 pm

As you enter the Inn, you can see the reason it is called the Two Coppers. A very shady and dark place. The InnKeeper is a very angry looking half orc with a scar across one eye.

"Of course you're looking for rooms. That's why ya came to me Inn. It's 2 coppers a night. No food served here. If you're hungry, you'll need to head next door to the ShadowClaw. How many rooms do ya need?"

He thinks for a moment as he looks over the group of you. "From out of town are ya. Well, ya jus' missed the underground fights, if that's whats yer here fer. Think the next ones'll be on Ferris."

Oscar looks at the chair he is about to sit in. The slick grime on the arms and stains on the seat make him think that maybe he should reconsider where he places his posterior.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:56 pm

[Talking privately to group]"I recommend as few rooms as possible. It will be easier to watch each other's backs if we are in one or two rooms"[/Talking privately to group]
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Casandra nods in accord with Marsaili
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:52 pm

Speaking at the same level as Marsaili, Oskar says,"By the look of the chair over there, maybe we should head over to The Three Coppers."
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Hannah appears disgusted and annoyed, "Perhaps, we could find cleaner accommodations?"
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:17 am

We could always sleep under the stars. Deimos sleeps lightly.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:48 am

Also talking quietly, I recomend a better Inn

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 am

Tromble kicks a rat away from his feet and shudders. "Ah yes, we must have taken a wrong turn. We Were looking for the Inn called the Three Coppers, silly us, we should be going..."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”