Charone

The original game
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:35 pm

The woman addressed as Tanith follows the senator into the room. She taps the base of a sharp-looking scythe on the floor as she waits for someone to give her some gold.

She looks around at all the people in the room, rather disinterestedly until she spots Mr. T. Her eyes light up as she says, a bit too loudly, "Ah, a fierce creature! Whose pet is this?"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Hannah's curiousity gets the best of her and she turns toward the other young woman to get a better look.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:09 am

Tromble stands up on the couch he was sitting and says jokingly "I may be fierce but I am no ones pet!" He gives the flame haired woman a broad smile and continues "I am Master Tromble Kimmery, from the sounds of it we missed quite the fight, I assumes you were the winner?"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:51 am

The man notes the conversation with an odd smile and approaches the the old woman at the desk.

"When time permits, please let the Senator know that William Pathteller has arrived and will patiently await his leisure." He then winks knowingly at the woman and smiles warmly.

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm

Mr. T moseys over to Tanith and sits down in front of her, where he'll do the doggy ESP to find out if she's cool.

"Well, Mr. Tadakichi kind of looks out for me," says Oskar, who is still in love with the velvet couch.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:39 am

Sammuel said nothing and remained in his corner, watching carefully.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Sorry for the delay, things have been hectic at work.

The senator looks at the gathered group. "Well, I don't know that I would feel comfortable surrounded by a bunch of people I don't know in my small office. Perhaps if you would like to come in with one of your campanions while the rest wait out here, that would be fine."

He then looks at the new person who entered the door. "William. How are you doing? Is there something wrong with Paul? If it is urgent, I am sure these fine folks can wait."

With that, Jessica pipes up. "Senator, you do not have a lot of time. These folks said they have an urgent message. William will be okay, I am sure. Don't forget that you have an appointment at the Golden Crown in 20 minutes."

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Tanith ignores Tromble completely and returns Hannah's glance defiantly. Then, when Oscar introduces Mr. T, she replies, "A dog-owning dwarf! How interesting! I imagine he takes care of you by biting things, no?"

When Mr. T comes over to sit in front of her, she bends down to examine his teeth, unconsciously running her tongue over her own teeth.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:29 pm

klakxor wrote:Sorry for the delay, things have been hectic at work.

The senator looks at the gathered group. "Well, I don't know that I would feel comfortable surrounded by a bunch of people I don't know in my small office. Perhaps if you would like to come in with one of your campanions while the rest wait out here, that would be fine."

He then looks at the new person who entered the door. "William. How are you doing? Is there something wrong with Paul? If it is urgent, I am sure these fine folks can wait."

With that, Jessica pipes up. "Senator, you do not have a lot of time. These folks said they have an urgent message. William will be okay, I am sure. Don't forget that you have an appointment at the Golden Crown in 20 minutes."
Hardly urgent, and I wouldn't dream of keeping anyone waiting. I simply wanted to thank you for your assistance in the matter. Paul is excited to see his Wife again, and the whole family is on their way. If there is any service I can do for you - please do not hesitate to ask.

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:20 pm

Hannah returns Tanith's defiant look with one of amusement and then looks away dismissively.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 pm

"That is fine."

I walk towards his office, but before going in, look to see who is joining me.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:29 pm

"Sammuel, why don't you go too? Two heads can be better than one."

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:31 am

"And three are better then two!" Tromble says as hops down off the couch, to join Marsaili and Samuel. The halfling looks up at Tanith as he passes and gives her and amused smile.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:29 am

"Sometimes Mr.T prefers to slobber enemies into submission."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:11 pm

Marsaili, Tromble and Sammuel head into the Senator's office and the door closes behind them (This will be a seperate thread involving Flinx, guysorrow and draconas).

The elderly women moves around from behind the desk. She moves over to tapestry hanging on the west wall behind the lovely couch that Oskar is occupying.

"Excuse me dear. I don't mean to be a bother, but do you think you could move please."

Assuming Oskar agrees, Jessica waves her hand and the chair moves about four feet to the right almost hitting the corner where Sammuel was standing.

You hear a couple of clicks and clacks and some gears moving after the couch is moved. She then reaches into her pocket and produces a key. Placing it into a small keyhole on the side of the fireplace. You again hear some mechanisms running.

She then pulls aside the tapestry and you see a door.

"I'll be right back with your gold dear. Just wait here." With that, she opens the door, walks through it and closes it behind her.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:57 pm

Tanith smiles at the thought that her gold hasn't been forgotten, but continues to look curiously at Mr. T. "Slobber? What good is that? Unless his spittle is acidic ... hmmm, that would be a good thing. Does he spit acid, Mister Dwarf?"

She begins to look around at the rest of the group, "You seem a well-armed bunch. Tell me, have you had occasion to use those weapons, or are they just for show?"

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Hannah glances over at Tanith's comment, appears to consider answering and then just shrugs her shoulders and chuckles.

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am

"That felt good!"

To Tanith:
"Gah! Mah cudgel is stained! I have failed at Dwarven dandyism."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 pm

A couple of moments pass and Jessica re-appears with a small bag. From the looks of it, it seems much smaller then what Tanith was expecting. She makes quick work of relocking the door, and again with a wave of her hand the couch moves exactly back to where it was.

"There you go sir dwarf. Right back to where it was. You can relax again."

She moves over to Tanith and hands her the bag. "Sorry dear. I decided to give you a couple of gems in place of the gold. He never uses them and they are so pretty. I thought perhaps you would enjoy them more."

She starts to walk back to her desk, but then turns around to the group. "Before I get back to my paperwork, is there anything I can get for any of you. Perhaps some tea."

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:18 pm

Tanith opens the bag and examines the gems. Assuming she considers them somewhere close to worth what she was expecting (Appraise -1 :) ), she shrugs, drops them back in the bag, and tucks them into the oversized pack on her back.

She looks at Oscar: "Stains? Are they blood stains?" she seems almost hopeful.

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Hannah tells Jessica that a cup of tea with lemon and sugar would be most welcome.

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:11 pm

"Aye, there be blood, brain fluid, and a bit of spleen juice as well."

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Thu May 03, 2007 10:20 pm

"So Tanith where's a good place in this city to get fresh pitch dark ale and a juicy leg of mutton?"

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sat May 05, 2007 1:16 am

Tanith is visibly excited by Oscar's mention of blood, brains, and spleen juice. "Ah, then, you and your fierce pet found some trouble! And there was violence and destruction! Tell me of it."

In answer to the question about ale and mutton, she answers, "I am not from this city, so I do not know anything of the local taverns. I came only for the fights. And they were a disappointment. Stupid rules."

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Sat May 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Oskar gives her a blow by blow of the last battle, "So yes, they were worgs, at least that's what I think. I wasn't about to stitch those dumb vicious bastards back together just to make sure."

He smiles and enjoys the comfort of the sofa. After a few seconds replaying the battle in his head... "So your last battle was pretty lame, huh? Yeah, I find I'm all out of whack after a battle that's more like sparring match. Makes me want to break things to bring the balance back. How 'bout you? You gonna go out and find someone that desrves to get broke?"

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sat May 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Tanith seems quite pleased with Oskar's story of the battle. And after his final comment, she seems to have taken quite a liking to him. She bends over to clap him on the shoulder, then takes a seat next him on the couch.

"Ah, you are my kind of dwarf! I knew there was I reason to like dwarves. Although small, you are good for smashing things!"

"Yes, I always want to find someone to break! Now that I have my entry fee back, I had planned to travel to Ferris for another contest. But if you you and your quiet friends have a knack for finding trouble, maybe you could lead me to something better than another one of these disappointing, organized fights."

"Battling wild dogs that sneak up in the night is so much more exhilarating than knowing who your opponent is to be beforehand. I promise I am more useful in a fight than your cowardly halfling friend."

[OOC: I'm assuming Oskar accurately described Tromble's "Eeek, it's going to eat me!" and such. I also want to apologize for calling him a coward. That's Tanith in character. I find Tromble terribly entertaining. Tanith's just a bit of a b*tch.]

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Mon May 07, 2007 10:27 am

"Hehe, what Tromble lacks in battle, he more than makes up for it in...something," says Oskar, who tugs at his beard realizing he's not sure what Tromble's skills are. "Everyone's good at something. I'm sure Tromble is fine in his own way."

"My bones tell me trouble loves our company, so I certainly wouldn't mind another warrior traveling with us, but that's just me. What do you think, Hannah?"

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue May 15, 2007 2:11 pm

As Oskar and Tanith have their discussion, Jessica goes about getting a pot of tea and cup for Hannah. She places it quietly on the desk. She looks to William, who has been standing quietly by.

"So, William. You said Paul and his family are doing well. That is nice. Thank you for sticking around while he meets with those others. I am not sure I like the look of this crowd. Especially with the conversation they are having", she looks towards Oskar and Tanith.

"Now that Paul is free, what do you plan to do next. Will you be staying in Charone? I am sure that the noble from where you were will not be appreciative of you coming back."

fcartag
Templar
Templar

Post by fcartag » Tue May 15, 2007 8:01 pm

Casandra sits outside the room and plays quietly with Deimos
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong

Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

phoenixx
Knight
Knight

Post by phoenixx » Tue May 15, 2007 9:13 pm

Hannah looks over at Oskar and says, "i am not opposed to the company of another warrior, but success in town games does not a warrior make."

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”