Meeting with the Senator (Marsaili, Tromble, and Sammuel)

The original game
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Meeting with the Senator (Marsaili, Tromble, and Sammuel)

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:21 pm

As you enter the office, you notice the multiple bookshelves lining the walls. The Senator walks behind his large oak desk and sits down. He motions to a couple of chairs located nearby as to offer them as seats.

"So, my lady. How can I help you. Something of urgency according to Jessica. A message that you might have for me."
Last edited by klakxor on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:36 am

"Well sir, we found this letter at the sight of an ambush three days north of your city. It is addressed to the Prime Minister, and we understand that in order to speak with him, we must speak to a Senetor first. You were recommended." I pull out the letter, showing him, but do not hand it to him.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:59 am

There wasn't really much that could be added to that, Sammuel waited to see what the senetor said.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:17 pm

"Let me start by thanking you from the Southern Solace government. Since it was not your responsibility to deliver this letter, perhaps we can repay you for your service in some way.

I can most certainly get you a meeting with the Prime Minister. I would need to check in the morning to see what his availability is however. Another choice is that I could deliver the letter for you if you are in a hurry.

You said you found the letter at an ambush site. I suppose that is possible, since there are still bandits on the roads.

Can you tell me any more about this ambush? Perhaps there could be connections to other incidents and we can catch whoever is responsible."

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:31 pm

"Any reward you see fit to bestow upon us would certainly be welcome. As far as the ambush sight, it was very strange. We found four wagons by the side of the road, and evidence of an attack, but there were no horses or bodies. The only things we found were arrows that appeared of Cromwell origin, and this letter. I don't even recall seeing any blood, but then I wasn't the one examining the wagons. We think there is a possibility that this was a staged ambush, put there to make somebody think there was an attack by Cromwell, but we will leave it up to you and your military council to make that decision."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue May 15, 2007 2:04 pm

"Well, kind lady and sirs. Is there a place that I can contact you in the morning to arrange the meeting? Something of this importance should warrant a quick response. I have a dinnner with the Prime Minister in 15 minutes and will bring it to his attention."

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Tue May 15, 2007 4:22 pm

"Well, we haven't acquired lodgings yet, as we felt that this was more important. Do you have a recommendation of an inn?"

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 pm

"Theres always the Two Coppers Inn. It is right across the way. Don't let the lobby fool you. The rooms and back areas are very nice. Otherwise, you will probably need to go outside the Sudderly district. We have a reputation down here and a lot of Inn owners decided that they did not want to do business in this area."

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Tue May 15, 2007 6:13 pm

"Well, we did stop by the Two Coppers, and we weren't impressed, so we will probably go elsewhere. I realize that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but we do have to set our standards somewhere."

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 am

"Dinner in 15 min? Perhaps we should deliver the message to the prime minister ourselves, he must be close by. We have travelled hard and far for this, going a long distant out of our way. We of course are glad for your gracious help, but it would bring a great releif to us to know that the letter was recieved." Tromble smiles innocently.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed May 16, 2007 4:24 pm

Sammuel waits to see what the senetor has to say to Tromble

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue May 22, 2007 12:57 pm

The senator, surprised that the halfling decided to speak up, responds. "It is a private dinner unfortunately. The Prime Minister and I have much to discuss. However, perhaps if you were to accompany me to the restaurant I could have you seated at another table. I may be able to pursuade the Prime Minnister into seeing you after we are finished."

Turning to Marsaili, "I know the Two Coppers looks very bad and it is quite a shame that you do not choose to stay there. Perhaps if you make your way to the Mayfair District, you could find some suitable lodgings. Of course the price will be more. I do believe that the Golden Swan would have some rooms for the night. I can Jessica write up a letter to have you stay there under my direction and give you directions."

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed May 23, 2007 4:05 am

We would be most grateful for your assistance. Sammuel answered, then realised he had just agreed to being at the same table as a chattabox hungry hobbit in a resteraunt...

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Wed May 23, 2007 9:34 am

"Yes, a meal would be fantastic!" Tromble's smile grows. "I'm starved. Then after the meal we could possibly stay at the Copper if you are true on your word that it has clean rooms, or head to the Golden Swan."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 am

Validation in New Thread

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”