Dinner Party

The original game
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Dinner Party

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:12 am

Sorry for the delay, but here we go again

The senator exits his office with Marsaili, Sammuel and Tromble. He looks around at the group. “Yes, I believe there should be a table large enough for you all to sit at.”

“I will be taking you to one of the best restaurants in Charone for a meal. I am supposed to meet with the Prime Minister there, and perhaps if things go well I can have him meet with you so that you can deliver that letter of yours.”

Turning towards William, “Sorry that I have not had the chance to speak with you yet. These travelers have brought something very important for the Prime Minister. Perhaps you can join us for dinner as well and we can at least speak on the way over.”

Assuming that no one had an argument to a free meal at a good restaurant….

As you exit the Senators office, there is a large crowd gathering down the street. The Senator looks over. “There shouldn’t be that large of a crowd for the restaurant at this time of day. There must be something wrong.”

As he turns to move towards the crowd, he screams in pain. You see an arrow sticking from his right shoulder and as he falls you see another in his left leg.

Then Oskar, Hannah, and Tanith all feel the same pain as each is also struck with an arrow. (Oskar -7hp, Hannah – 9hp, Tanith -6hp)

Oskar and Tanith both begin to feel their stomach’s start to swell and they turn a strange shade of green. (Both are nauseated)
Last edited by klakxor on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 am

Tromble screams and dives for cover!
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:13 am

(have we gotten any xp in this game yet? not that it really matters)
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:21 am

"AMBUSH" Sammuel yelled, "everyone back" as he tried to spot the archers so he could give people some covering fire.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:36 am

guysorrow wrote:(have we gotten any xp in this game yet? not that it really matters)
After the Dinner Party, I'll post experience

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Tanith responds to Sammuel's command with a snarl that turns into a gag because of the nausea. Realizing she has no other option in her current state, she moves in whatever direction he indicates.
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:36 pm

Sammuels gesturing is straight back into the Senitors office
OUT OF CHARACTER
From the post I am guessing we are litterally right outside it

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:05 pm

draconas wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
From the post I am guessing we are litterally right outside it

 

No more then a few feet from the door

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Tromble will scramble back inside, stepping over the fallen senator to do so.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:24 pm

William grabs the Senator and drags him to cover. He'll do a heal (+2) check to try to stablize the man as soon as he's in relative safety.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:52 pm

I will move to cover, drawing my bow as I move. Then I will begin to Inspire Courage. (+1 attack and weapon damage)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Hannah will attempt to find cover that allows her to use her bow, and draw it.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am

Oskar will move in front of Mr.T so that the arrow stuck in him is in Mr.T's face.

"T? Losers. Where?", says Oskar as he heaves.

Mr. Tadakichi will move out a little (5-10 feet) and sniff the air to catch the scent, looking around.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:49 am

As Tromble ducks and jumps towards the closed door of the Senators office, the rest of you take cover and scan the buildings and surrounding areas for signs of the possible attackers. Mr T. just whines at Oskar, indicating that he cannot smell anything.

The direction that the arrows hit the senator are from behind and up. Sammuel and Hannah briefly catch a shadow on 2 different rooftops but it disappears to quickly for them to get a good sight of.

Sammuel's call however has gotten attention and the crowd that was up the street now seems to be doing a mad dash in every direction. Not paying attention, many people are moving towards the Senators fallen body and your group.

(Tromble is holding a throbbing skull as Jessica opens the door to see who is knocking)

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:21 pm

William continues ministrations on the Senetor -- what's his status? Alive? Dead? Dieing? Does he seem poisoned? I'll only remove the arrow if I think it's safe to do so... but I will check it for signs of poison if I can. (heal +2).

"Senator? Can you hear me? Say something! IS THERE A CLERIC IN THE STREET!?"


edit - forgot my name for a moment... :idea:
Last edited by Sunbolt on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:14 pm

Hannah deems following a shadow on a rooftop in a strange city to be a fool's errand and closes back toward the senator to offer what protection from the crowd that she can.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Hearing William's calls for a Cleric, I will move over to the Senator and cast Cure Light Wounds upon him.
Last edited by Flinx on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Flinx wrote:Hearing Jasun calls for a Cleric, I will move over to the Senator and cast Cure Light Wounds upon him.
Jasun is trying to get a group together to go fight Ramenah, but he is looking for a Cleric. I think William was looking after the Senator.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:23 pm

Sunbolt wrote:Jasun continues ministrations on the Senetor -- what's his status? Alive? Dead? Dieing? Does he seem poisoned? I'll only remove the arrow if I think it's safe to do so... but I will check it for signs of poison if I can. (heal +2).

"Senator? Can you hear me? Say something! IS THERE A CLERIC IN THE STREET!?"
Hehehe... His bad... I guess kinda mine too. lol
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:17 am

Tromble yells hysterically at the door "Let me pass! There's a sniper!"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Flinx wrote:
Sunbolt wrote:William continues ministrations on the Senetor -- what's his status? Alive? Dead? Dieing? Does he seem poisoned? I'll only remove the arrow if I think it's safe to do so... but I will check it for signs of poison if I can. (heal +2).

"Senator? Can you hear me? Say something! IS THERE A CLERIC IN THE STREET!?"
Hehehe... His bad... I guess kinda mine too. lol
Edit made.. Yup sorry, I had the wrong character sheet in front of me and I pulled a brain fart.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 am

Oskar will heave in where he's standing. Mr. T crouches defensively a few feet in front of Oskar.

-Oskar uses his move action to draw his club.
-Mr.T readies an attack if an obvious foe enters within his reach.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:57 am

You can't tell if Tanith's heaving is due to anger, nausea, or both, but it's probably both. She ends up looking quite silly, staggering around cursing in between heaves.
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:07 am

If we are looking at a couple os people running at us then Sammuel will back up as far as he can to cover people backing into the door.

If it looks like we are about to be overrun by a stampede then he will use burning hands above the heads of the mob to try and convince them to stampede in a different direction.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Yelling to group:
I saw someone who may be responsible for this attack this way!

Casandra runs off after the shadow she saw... with Deimos in tow

(Spot +5; Listen +5)
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:14 am

William tends to the minister as Marsaili casts a cure spell. The Senator awakes in a panic. "What happened? Where am I?"

There is some type of poison on the arrow tip, but you are unable to figure out what kind it is.

As Cassandra runs by heading towards an alleyway, Oskar and Tanith continue to be sick (After this round you guys will be feeling better).

The throng of people from up the street are closing in quick, so Sammuel casts burning hands above the crowd. You hear someone scream, "They have a mage with them."

All of a sudden the crowd parts to either side of the road, and you see people scrambling to break in doors and windows to get out of the street.

Tromble pushes his way passed Jessica into the safety of the Senators office.

Hannah moves to protect the Senator from the oncoming crowd.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:30 am

Tanith staggers off after Cassandra, still cursing in between heaves.

[OOC: Tanith's move is 40', so hopefully she won't be too far behind if Cassandra catches the culprit. At least that's what she hopes.]
Last edited by patransom on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:54 am

Now that Hannah knows the senator is recuperating she can't help but grin in amusement at Tanith's discomfort. However her only real concern is to put herself in a position to protect the senator from further attack.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Sammuel noticed the arrow which made him even more determined, whilst he may have cleared the crowd he had just given their rooftop assassins a clear shot. "Get the hell inside now!" He will roughly bundle anyone he can through the door and back into the senitors office.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:42 pm

"The arrowtip is poisoned - we'll need an apothacary or a cleric who can undo the likes of this. " William keeps the arrow tip for future tests - but takes care not to actually touch the stuff himself while he helps the senetor get into the shelter. "Senator, who would try to kill you?"

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”