Dinner Party

The original game
fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Yelling...
He's climbing a ladder!

OOC: Casandra follows after him
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:51 pm

As she is right there, Marsaili will help William get the Senator into his office.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 am

Oskar looks back and sees that the senator is down. He feels the nausea begin to subside and his adrenaline begin to rise as he looks in the direction Tanith and Cassandra went. He slowly eases up and walks toward the fallen senator.

"Come on T, comrade down."

Oskar and Mr. Tadakichi move back into the office.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:16 pm

As you get into the Senator's Office and close the door, people on the street are still startled but seem to start moving towards shelter's.

Cassandra and Tanith follow after the strange shadow that was fleeing but only find an empty rooftop when they get to the top of the ladder.

The Senator seems groggy, but responds to Williams inquiry. "There are many people who would wish me harm, being a very high level politician has it's disadvantages."

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:38 pm

Finding the rooftop empty, Tanith screams at the top of her lungs, "COME OUT AND FIGHT, COWARD!"

Assuming no immediate response, Tanith makes a few gestures and her voice takes on an eerie quality as she chants, "Vi lotha qee irisv qualla" [OOC: casting lesser vigor on herself to take care of the arrow injury]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Sammuel held out his hand for the arrow, "this is the same type of arrow that we found at the wagons" he sighed, "this is why I wanted to keep as low a profile as possible"

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Inside Tromble calms a little. "Was it too much to ask for an easy pay day?!" He asks no one in frustration. "No chance for that now I guess, might as well see why we're being followed. Lets open that letter." Tromble reaches out his hand to take the letter addressed to the prime minsiter.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Casandra will climb down the ladder and return to the group beckoning Deimos to join her.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 pm

"We need a cleric or an apothecary - he's been poisoned. Does anyone have any skills in that area - or better skills at healing than I? Mine are passable at best."

He tries again with a heal check to find some way of treating the poison - and gets some water for the senator to drink - ideally to thin the poison or flush it from his system...

"is there any drink here? Something strong we can use to clean the wound?"

if not he cleans it with water as well, allowing it to bleed a bit - then stopping the bleeding again - all in an attempt to get the poison out or slow it down.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:35 am

"First we need to get out of here without being turned to pincushions by any archers that are still left." He looked up at the senetors aid, where would the nearest temple or apocrathy be?"

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:00 am

Assuming no one shows up on the rooftop for her to thrash in short order, Tanith will climb back down the ladder and go back to the Senator's office. She's got an angry look on her face. She asks the group in the office, with particular attention to the senator, "Who's responsible for this cowardly ambush?" (OOC: I saw the senator's answer below, but Tanith wasn't in the office at the time)

If it looks like the senator's in any danger of passing out from his wounds (Heal +2), Tanith will add, in a slightly otherworldly voice, "vi llaar kosj irisv qualla" (OOC: cure minor wounds, which Tanith thinks should be enough so the senator can continue to answer questions)
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Seeing that others are attempting to treat the Senators wounds, Marsaili will Inspire Competence in all of those attempting heal checks on him (and no, she doesn't hand over the letter)

(In the words of Elan the Bard: Heal, heal, heal... Heal the poisoned Senator)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:24 pm

"Let's hope it's the same weak poison the rest of us were shot with," says Oskar. He walks toward the senator and kneels down beside him, looking at the wound. "I have nothing prepared to treat poison. Jessica, could you direct us to the nearest temple? We can try to keep the poison from harming the senator further if it is indeed different. If not, the poison will wear off shortly."

Heal +5
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:15 am

Hannah is looking around for Jessica, if she finds her she questions her as to the whereabouts of a competent healer, and the quickest easily guarded way there. She isnt sure if her companions will decide its best to move the senator or fetch the healer.
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Oh... the prime minister is likely poisoned as well. There are guards preventing entry at the building over there

pointing toward the building with the crowd (possibly still) standing in front of it.

They prevented me from entering though I did mention I could heal him.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Assuming that Marsaili ignored Trombles attempt, we will move on. The healing that everyone has performed seems to have the Senator back on his feet. Although he is still unsteady, he seems mobile. Jessica seems absolutely baffled by everything that has just happened and everyone asking where the closest temple or hraler is. "Well....theres one, no that would be too far. How about....no I don't think they deal with posions."

On hearing Cassandra mention the Prime Minister, Jessica springs around. "Yes, the Prime Minister would definately need attention too. Perhaps if we could get the Senator to where he is they can treat the poison."

The Senator looks at Sammuel, "The wagon you recovered the letter from?"

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:40 pm

(Marsaili has the letter?)

"Before we go anywhere, let's see what we've gotten into. Where's that letter?" says Tromble.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:44 pm

guysorrow wrote:(Marsaili has the letter?)
Yes, she never gave it to the Senator because it is addressed to the Prime Minister

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:41 pm

Tanith, it seems, is both confused and frustrated. Confused by the discussion of the others and frustrated that she didn't get to smack anyone for shooting her with a poisoned arrow. She resorts to muttering to herself as the others talk, "Poison arrows ... wagon ... letter ... Prime Minister ... poisoned ..."

After a little bit of muttering to herself, she seems to have put a few things together. "Whoever is responsible for shooting at Tanith must also be the one responsible for poisoning this Prime Minister. Come, let us go speak to this Prime Minister person! He will tell us who gets to be punished!"

Tanith grabs the senator by the arm. It's difficult to tell if this is an effort to help him walk or to force him to lead her to the prime minister or maybe both ...
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:51 pm

"Easy Tanith - he's still frail from the attack. Senator - can you take us to the prime minister? I think that's the best course for getting you the treatment you need." William will step between the Senator and Tanith removing her grip and helping steady the Senator.

"Can the rest of you provide cover - two in front, someone on our otherside, two in back - I don't think he can take another hit if someone else is out there sniping!"

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:07 am

"I suppose I could turm him invisible, that might give us enough time to get him out of here unseen... or better yet maybe I should make myself invisible?" suggests Tromble.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:07 pm

"We'll need him visible to get into the prime minsiters house. William 's plan seems the best option." Sammuel explained to the senator, "Where we found the letter we also found several arrows like this. Thats long term problem, lets get moving first."

"I need someone to volunteer to go out the door first. There is no nice way to say it - if they are waiting for us I can't return fire if I am doubled up with poison."

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 pm

Seeing that no more heal checks are likely to come, I will stop singing.

"Well, I can go first if you like... I am also more useful with my bow, but will probably not be able to help to carry the senator."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Deimos and I can go as well. Providing 3 targets might give us enough time to assess the situation and mark their positions.

I have the ability to delay the poison should worse come to worse...
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Oskar will assess the senator's wounds (Heal +5).

If it looks like another arrow is more than likely to kill him he casts Cure Light Wounds on the senator. Otherwise, Oskar casts Cure Light Wounds on himself.

"Better get going before they regroup."
Last edited by Super Rats on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Super Rats wrote:Oskar will assess the senator's wounds (Heal +5).

If it looks like another arrow is more than likely to kill him he casts Cure Light Wounds on the senator. Otherwise, Oskar casts Cure Light Wounds on himself.

"I can help carry the senator, unless...Jessica, can you make the senator go floaty like you did with the sofa?"
The Senator is up and able to walk, and although he seems woozy you are fairly certain that it is the poison that is causing this.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:15 pm

D'oh wasn't fast enough on the edit.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Tanith isn't about to be out-braved (is that a word?). She says loudly, "Fine, let's go, but I will be among the first!"

As the party is ready to step out the door, she chants, "vi daguam di vhid qualla." (OOC: Cast entropic shield on herself) She walks out with her heavy crossbow loaded and ready.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:44 pm

Casandra and Deimos will exit in different directions, seeking the first available cover
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Tromble will cast invisibility on himself. "Ok i'm ready to go."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”