Dinner Party

The original game
User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:28 pm

"Alright, I'm ready, lets go."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:50 pm

Tromble you stay behind the senitor"

Seems like there is infact competition to be out, and shot first. Sammuel si happy to let whoever wants to go out the door before him. He will go out before the senetor and cast magic missile at any snipers of the roofs.

User avatar
phoenixx
Knight
Knight
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by phoenixx » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:29 am

Hannah will be guarding the rear from attack.

OOC sorry for the absence, computer down and password issues
Forged in fire, wrought of steel.
Madragar- Hannah Jane, Human, Tough

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:44 am

OOC: Sorry for the massive delays here. My other pbp game is also suffering as I move and try to figure out what is going on. Personal life gets in the way of having fun so often. :( Anyway, I will try to have this moving again on monday.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 am

As you exit the senator's office, the street seems empty already. It is silent and the people who were just screaming outside seem to have disappeared.

You all turn towards the restaurant where the Prime Minister was taken and see 7 large dark figures standing down the street, as if waiting for something.

Suddenly, the senator simply goes limp in Williams arm's. You hear Jessica's scream from inside the office, and the dark figures seem to fade from sight.

The panic is back on the street, as people are still trying to figure out where to go.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:37 am

Not knowing why the senator has collapsed again, Marsaili will cast Cure Light Wounds on him again.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Hannah looks about searching for an immediate threat,then she looks around the group and grins wickedly, "I've had about enough of this, lets be sharp and get where we are going."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:14 pm

William tries to drag the senator along towards their destination.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 pm

Tanith charges directly to the spot at which the dark figures were before they disappeared. She shouts, "Come out and face the Tempest, you cowards!"

It's not clear whether she's doing this to distract some watcher's attention from the rest of the group or simply reacting out of anger.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:43 pm

With the attacks dissapparing Sammuel will loop an arm under the senetors other should to William and try to help drag/carry him.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:45 pm

draconas wrote:With the attacks dissapparing Sammuel will loop an arm under the senetors other should to William and try to help drag/carry him.
"Thank you... But it's a wasted effort he's already dead."

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:31 pm

"Dead??? What killed him?"
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:01 pm

Hearing of the senetors condition Sammuel dropped him and focused more on his own defence, looking to see the position of the various members of the group and how easy it was going to be to get into the restaurant.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:14 pm

"Well Sammuel, I wasn't part of the conversation with the senator, so I'll decide to go along with whatever you think we should be doing in the next couple o' minutes. Bash heads or beat feet, I'm up for the former and understand if it's the latter."

Oskar looks around, street level, and rooftops.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

fcartag
Templar
Templar
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Quincy, MA
Contact:

Post by fcartag » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:54 am

Where are these attackers?! Show yourselves!

To the group, a bit more quietly: Help me bring his body back inside this building - trust me as we have very little time

Casandra goes to the Senator and begins to drag him back inside.
--
Human, Management Consultant, Level 16 :-)
NY Native, Massachusetts Resident; Work in Hong Kong


Image Isolde LightBringer, Azure Drake
Image Krillthan, Thri-Kreen

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:11 am

"I believe that whatever those darkshapes were, they felled him with some evil magic or curse. They're gone now, to the best of my senses. I guess their mission is accomplished. The cowardly forces of evil have won a great victory today, while those of us who serve the common good have suffered a loss as great a loss as ever I have seen."

William somberly helps move the senator to a place out of the common sight and sets him with as much dignity as he can muster.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:16 pm

Still unsure if we have enemies, I will cover our withdraw with my bow.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Given everybody seems to be withdrawing Sammuel will withdraw as well.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:05 pm

(I can only assume that you are moving back inside the office, since that appears to be where Cassandra was directing you)

You withdrawal back into the office.

Behind the desk is the bleeding corpse of Jessica. Looking around, you notice the nice comfy couch that Oskar was on is smashed, the tapestry ripped and the doorway wide open.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:47 pm

William draws and loads his crossbow. "What did they do, run away until they saw us leave then storm in here?!! Show yourselves if you dare murderous cowards!" And then he mutters "where the hell is the watch?"

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:35 am

Since no one on the street answers her challenge, Tanith returns to the senator's house with the rest of the party. She glances at Jessica's body and the rest of the destruction. "Aha, so they were in here, too! Do you think they went through this doorway?"

She kicks a broken piece of couch across the room and peers into the doorway [Spot +2]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:20 pm

Sammuel tries to put himself into a position where he can see both doorways and prepares to cast a spell.

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Goes back inside, beatstick in hand, and heads toward the open doorway.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 am

"This is bad... too many people are dieing around us. We need to get out of here."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 am

Staying invisible (how much time has passed?), Tromble for the first time speaks with an almost confident and somber voice "I think it is time to read the letter. We need to know what is going on." If no one responds he will go to take it.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:31 pm

"I think you are right." Marsaili takes out the letter, and waits to see if anybody objects. If no one does, then she opens and reads the letter.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 pm

"You realise that if you read that letter we probably end up on the target list"

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 am

The corridor behind the torn tapestry runs down about 20' and turns right. You can see a light moving away from the bend.

Opening the letter, it reads:

Dear Prime Minister,

It appears that our fears are correct. There does appear to be a joining of tribes in Aristar and they are flying the flagof Cromwell.

Although our spies tell us that they have no planned movement against the nations of Solace, I believe we need to keep in mind that their armies seem to be training harder then we have ever seen.

We would like to set up talks with your government within the next month in order to solidify our allegiance to protect our kingdoms in case this threat becomes a reality.

The Council of Northern Solace



OOC: It may have actually said something different before, but I can't find the original anywhere. I so need to be more organized.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:39 pm

"I see a light! The cowards flee! Let's have at them!" Tanith will take off down the corridor, moving at reduced speed so that anyone else who's coming can keep up.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Langhorne, PA
Contact:

Post by Super Rats » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:56 pm

Mr.T moves down the hallway to overtake.

"Tanith, keep up with Mr. T, I'll follow as best I can."

Oskar follows down the hall as quickly as he can.
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Archives”