A New Beginning

From Ferris to Madragar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

A New Beginning

Post by klakxor » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:00 am

10 years ago, the half dragon brothers, Trazill and Rawten, had raised the dragon demi-god Pyraxus by making the world believe in the second coming of the Seven. With the world distracted, they lead a group to the Northern wastes to retrieve his body. When the continents waged war around the Inland Sea, they took their dark master to its heart on the Island there, raising him to bring darkness to the world.

Sending their armies of creatures across the lands, they had laid waste throughout the continents. The ruthless “cleansing” of the human, halflings, elves, and gnomes had allowed the lands to be over run by monsters. Pyraxus has almost regained his full power and soon will unleash his terror onto the world.

Having split the lands, the brother’s rule from the castle in the In-Land sea, raised out of the very island in which the Demi-god was entombed. Fortified with high walls, they rule the lands mercilessly, killing anyone or anything that gets in their way.

Groups of elves, humans, halflings, and gnomes have collected on the Island nations to fight back. There are also pockets of resistance inside the Main continent of Madragar and are having some successes in the North-Eastern desert area. With the help of some good aligned creatures, they have started to take some of the lands back.

You are all members of an elite squad on the Island of Ferris. You are being selected for a special mission to Madragar.

I am looking for 5-6 players. Anyone who initially played can re-apply. However this time I am looking to take applications for playing. My apologies for anyone new, but original players will be given preferential treatment.

Here is what I want to see.

Post this as your character concept
Character Name:
Class:
Race:
Description:
Background:

Now here is the fun part. Characters will be level 10 and Race/Class combo is open to any source book I have access to.

As I am always trusting, Hit Points and abilities scores are rolled (4d6 drop the lowest). Starting gold will be standard for 10th level. If you write me a good background, I may be partial to granting additional items to a character.

I am hoping to put more action into this game with a little bit of role play (75%/25%). When writing a background, I would like to see names and places used. There was already some game play and these threads are all open to use as part of your history. If one or more people want to write a history where their characters have interacted in the past, you guys can work together on it. If someone from the original party would like to keep their character, then bring that character up to level 10 and create a history of what their experience was in the past 10 years.

I will be accepting any applications from anyone who wants to play until December 31st. I will check through all applications and make a decision as to who will be playing by January 15th.
Good luck everyone and have fun with this.
Last edited by klakxor on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:36 am

Welcome back

I'd like to keep spell slinging with Sammuel please.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:14 pm

i have never done an rpg online like you guys do but I am certainly interested. Is there any details about this stuff that I should read up on before submitting a sheet? What manuals does this use in addition to PHB DMG and MM? If I am asking too much thats fine, again I am just interested in doing this.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 pm

draconas wrote:Welcome back

I'd like to keep spell slinging with Sammuel please.
No problem, level him up, post the updated character concept (not the file, just the updated concept) here.
LinusMundane wrote:i have never done an rpg online like you guys do but I am certainly interested. Is there any details about this stuff that I should read up on before submitting a sheet? What manuals does this use in addition to PHB DMG and MM? If I am asking too much thats fine, again I am just interested in doing this.
That's fine. I expect questions. Any source book from wizards can be used (and even if it isn;t wizards, run it by me and I might be able to come up the sourcebook).

Other then that, here is what I want. Read the first post here. Get me the basic character concept. Post it here. You may want to read through the previous gameplay posts to get an idea of how it runs.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Much as I like Tanith, I have a character idea that I'm more interested in playing.

Character Name: "Princess" Samara Zires

Class: Rogue/Swashbuckler

Race: Tiefling

Description: a picture is worth a thousand words, so ... see below

Background: Samara regularly introduces herself as the "Exiled Crown Princess of Cromwell." When not magically disguised in some way, this is an obvious lie: the horns and the tail make it quite clear she's not human and, therefore, in no way related to the royal family of Cromwell. Really, it's just Samara's way of trying to make herself sound important. It's also an insight into Samara's motivations: she really would like to see Cromwell freed from Pyraxus and back in human hands. It wouldn't be too bad if those hands were hers, either.

In fact, Samara was "working" in one of Cromwell's major cities, picking pockets and comitting petty burglaries, when that city fell to Pyraxus' monstrous armies. She witnessed first hand the atrocities committed by the creatures, and narrowly escaped with her life, using the cover of a bit of tiefling darkness. Maybe it was this experience, or maybe it's just the fact that having monsters in control of the cities is bad for "business," but Samara's become embittered and angry toward the whole Pyraxian army. She's committed herself to becoming more than just a petty thief, to becoming a force to be reckoned with in combat, the better to aid the cause of freeing Madragar from Pyraxus' grasp. She's made her way to Ferris to join like-minded individuals in the resistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:39 pm

Character Name: Armite Goodwind

Class: Crusader

Race: Aasimar

Description: 6'3", Short Silver hair, Gold eyes, Covered in mithral full plate armor that has been mostly covered in green with silver

Background: Armite was born as a native Aasimar with one unchanging destiny. His heritage comes from a human mother from Reefs Edge and a celestial who serves Pelor. The celestial realized that Pyraxus would return one day but was forbidden to do anything about it. So he decided to bend the order by having a child on the Material Plane do his will.

Armite was taught in the ways of the crusader and learned of his destiny early on. When Pyraxus returned to power, Armite began his quest to fight against Pyraxus. He did what he could against Pyraxus's army in the continent of Madragar but early on, he was greatly outmatched. When a village near Reefs Edge was attacked, he alone fought the invaders and almost died in the attempt to save the village. After the invasion, Armite discovered that the villagers rather give up than to fight for their home. He was immediately forced out of the village and wasn't allow to heal from his injuries.

He tried to find companions to fight against the forces of Pyraxus but none would have his kind with them. Feeling hopeless about his destiny, he went into seclusion in the Island of Hampton for a number of years. Then one faithful day, his father appeared to him. He told Armite that he went out too soon and knew that the people weren't ready to be saved at that time. But now, the various races began to unite against Pyraxus and began to fight even more. He instructed his son to go to the Island of Ferris and join up with the resistance group there.

Armite's father soon disappeared after that. Armite began to ponder about taking up the fight once again. He felt that the only way to be at peace was to break destiny's grip and defeat Pyraxus once and for all. He set off towards the Island of Ferris with a renewed determination to create an everlasting peace for Madragar.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 am

Name: Andraes Grey

Race: Nimblewright

Class: Fighter

Appearance: Andraes Grey is 6' tall and weighs 442 lbs. It's body is constructed of a mixture of fine metals, including steel, iron, and adamantine. It has been finished in a light, matte-grey, with polished silver fillagre. It's eyes are glass orbs that glow a faint blue, reminiscent of it's former self. When it speaks, it's voice is a mixture of man and machanics, though, more man than mechanical.

The blades it carries are the same finish as it's body. They are finely crafted rapiers that fold into it's arms when not in use.

When not in it's natural form, it likes to disguise itself as a middle-aged male elf, and, on occassion, a young male human.

Personality: 12 years of growing has done a lot for Andraes, especially with living in human society. It's personality is definitively male, though for giggles, it refers to itself as "it." It has a fondness for women, finding beauty in their form and conversation and overall, preferring their company.

It spends most of it's time in the training court, practicing it's swordsmanship.

When not hard at work in the training ground, it likes to read scrolls and books on philosophy. It's tastes range from the metaphysical to war, and everything in between. It also enjoys cooking, though it does not eat, because of the atmosphere of friends and family is something it finds pleasant. It's not the best chef, but what do you expect from something that has no taste buds? However, it can make a mean lobster bisque.

It also enjoys singing, dancing, and the occassional fine cigar with it's best friend, an elven woman named Elia.

History: In an act of desperation, "Nimble" Markus Blacksmithery, a gnomish alchemist specializing in metalurgy, constructed Andraes' body for the mages on the Island of Ferris. The goal was to build a construct to infiltrate The Brothers' inner circle and assassinate them before they could raise Pyraxus.

Unfortunately, they screwed up. They captured and bound a lesser water elemental by mistake. The end result was... disappointing. The lesser elemental had been created no more than 2 weeks before it was caputered and bound to the constructed body, leaving it with a child's intellect.

Thankfully, not all hope was lost. Over the course of the past 12 years, Andraes has grown more mature. Apparently elementals mature at just over double the human rate. Andraes has the demeanor of a man in his early 20s, though it's maturity progression seems to have slowed over the course of the past year.

So it has spent the past 12 years of it's life living on the Island of Ferris, learning and training to become a better fighter, and in the process, becoming a respected member of the community.

When it caught wind of a group being sent to Madragar, it immediately signed tried to sign up. Little did it know, however, that it was already picked to go. Afterall, didn't it have a purpose to fulfill?

[Completely editted for coherency]
Last edited by Catalyst on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:19 am

So, I have had some questions and I wanted to clear it up.

Anything goes guys

That means you could play an awakened dire wolf barbarian if you really wanted

I do not have a no use list yet. If I don't have the sourcebook needed, just get me the info. As long as you have a clean well thought out character who fits the campaign setting and can work with the group, post it.

The only thing I request is that you post any strange character classes or races with a sourcebook indicating where it is from.

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:17 pm

I don't know what I'll play yet, but I've been waiting for this one to get back on the road. :D
Those who accept their fate find happiness -- those who defy it, glory.

Oskar Huber -- Dwarven Druid and friend to Mr. Tadakichi in Madragar.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Super Rats wrote:I don't know what I'll play yet, but I've been waiting for this one to get back on the road. :D
LOL, guess I should hve let you know yesterday.

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:03 pm

If you need another character:

Character Name: Ethan Goode
Class: Expert 4/Soulknife 6
Race: Human
Description: 6 ft tall, 180 lb, fair skinned with green eyes and light brown hair, neither handsome nor ugly, somewhat lugubrious in appearance (picture Ted Raimi :shock: .) Wears a one-piece jumpsuit of brown cloth with attached boots that zips up the front.

Background: Ethan Goode was 12 years old the day he saw a car make a turn on a deserted side road AND VANISH FROM SIGHT BEFORE HIS EYES! The excited lad reported this phenomenon to his parents, who dismissed the story as the wild imaginings of youth, and disciplined him when he persisted in his story. As a result of this experience, Ethan became interested in the occult and paranormal, pursuing studies of the same and developing a fascination for the unusual and inexplicable. When he reached adulthood, he was able to earn a modest living as an author of fantasies involving magic and psionics, using his knowledge of such matters to craft stories that employed coherent and consistent systems of sorcery or psychic ability.

He was 23 when his ongoing study of the peculiar led him to a remote region of the American Southwest and an encounter with folk wielding the
incredible powers he had only read about in musty old tomes and described from his imagination. Some of these people were a cult-like group of would-be "Gaians" seeking to "restore the natural world" by opening a gate in space-time that they believed would admit a powerful spirit of the Earth who would cleanse the planet of pollution and technological defilement; they were opposed by a collection of individuals who were not all human, to prevent their goal. Swept up into this conflict, Ethan originally aligned himself with the "Gaians", largely because the other side were obviously intruders from beyond; upon examining and deciphering the arcane text they were using to evoke their putative "savior", however, he learned that they were actually calling forth an insensate force that would visit catastrophic destruction across the world. Defecting to the other side, Ethan helped them seal the gateway permanently.

The "others", he learned, were part of an organization that called itself the Shield of Reality, a collection of actual mages and psionicists operating
out of Aegis, their headquarters city on another plane of existence, to defend the manifold worldlines against just such threats as the one nearly set loose in the unsuspecting Earth. Accepting their invitation to join the Shield, he was taught the secrets of the soulknife, learning to harness the power of his mind and shape a blade of psychic energy, and was sent on missions to other dimensions in order to investigate and nullify potential dangers.

The growing power of the risen Pyraxus and his servants is now perceived as a possible threat to the worldlines; unfortunately, other crises have also arisen, so the Shield can only spare one operative to look into the matter and, if possible, assist the local resistance. Ethan has agreed to be gated onto Ferris and join the elite squad.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:04 am

Name: Thako Oakiogak, Dark Slayer (honorific name)
Class: Cleric
Race: Goliath
Discription: Thako carries a big stick, the weapon of his deity Kavaki the Ram-Lord. He is of the typical size for a Goliath, seven and a half feet tall, 300 lbs. His skin is a gray that is much darker than is normal and his mottles are black, which likely influenced the Elders to choose the first part of his honorific name as the Dark Slayer.

Background: Thako is a voluntary exile from his tribe. His chief had received a vision of impending strife and needed to choose a captain to send out to the world. When the chief spoke of this vision, Thako volunteered himself to be exiled in order to face the challenge, a challenge he thought only comes along once a generation. Even though it meant he could never return to the tribe, Thako picked up his club and the tribe turned their backs on him, but singing to honor his farewell.

That was almost a year ago. Since that time, Thako has searched for the path that would lead him toward his chief's vision and complete the task of protecting and representing his tribe. Thako had been wandering that year mostly alone, which he had never been and caused him great sorrow. The thought of joining a band of warriors greatly interests him as the sorrow of his exile has now passed.

The news of those opposed to Pyraxus has lead Thako to the Island of Ferris.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:06 am

Well here goes nothing....

Character Name: Birag
Class: Monk 6/ Tattooed Monk 3
Race: Haf orc/ half dwarf (it's from the midnight campaign setting)
Description: Birag is large and heavily muscled, standing seven feet tall and weighing over 300 pounds. He is bald and clean shaven and wears little more than a pair of loose pants and a simple vest. His arms are covered with a mix of tattoos of dwarven runes each symbolizing various creatures he has killed and a series of honor scars, a tribute to his orcish heritage.
Background: Birag has never had a simple life. While his birth was uncommon due to the fact that his mother and father actually loved each other, he was raised solely by his mother. He never quite fit in with his mother's clan and left to join the monastery where he learned to fight.

He learned early on that while he was reasonably quick and fairly strong, it wasn't enough and he began training harder. The monastery was destroyed in t initial attacks by Pyraxus and Birag was hurt. He was nursed back to health by a paladin that had been staying at the monastery and the two set off to help those that they could.

*edited for slightly revised character concept*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 am

I like what I am seeing so far, a real good mix of characters. I love the Half-orc/Half-dwarf idea (Guess you could call him a dorc, but I wouldn't).

I also like CGM3's take on his background, not mixing in too much of Madragar's history, although it might make it difficult for the character to acclimate to the world.

Super-rats, the lands of the Goliaths were over-run nearly 10 years ago in Madragar. How could the character have been exiled a year prior to the call to arms.

Catalyst, we discussed background and I would like you to do more of a write up.

Phoenix512 and Patransom, like the write ups so far. Remember, when I end the taking applications portion, I am going to reread through all of the people who want to play. If you have anything you would like to add or change or anything before that time, you can.

Draconas, I would love to have Sammuel back in the group (I would actually like to have at least one character from the original group come back). Please follow up with an advanced concept for him. Feel free to make up some history from the point we left off and I will work with it.

LinusMundane, I would also like to invite you to write something up. Just like these others have done and I can give you pointers on character creation and the whole PbP experience.

Super Rats
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Super Rats » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm

There aren't any Goliaths? I'll make something different then or if possible come up with an alternative background. I was assuming Goliaths were nomads, so exile to him would be banishment from the tribe, rather than from a land. If he encountered his tribe he would be shunned and he would avoid them if possible.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:37 pm

Goliath as a race is okay, however the Goliaths shared ties to the Southern Mountain ranges of Madragar with the dwarves. The whole of the Madragar continent has been put into chaos and overthrown by the armies of the Brothers.

If his tribe has been relocated to Hampton or Ferris, that would be fine.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:34 am

(Sorry for the delay)

Character Name: Sammuel Mohegdon (that's Sir! to you)
Class: Warmage
Description: Battlescarred human, standing 5'11" with a large bristly beard. 32 going on 45 Sammuel has lost his sense of humour after years of warfare and wathcing people die, often at his orders.
Background:
Sammuel had left the military as a younger man looking for wealth, wine, women and war. Mercenary work for a warmage was never hard to find and he managed to get himself pleanty of the first 2 and from them as much of the third as his lust desired. The 4th eluded him though, and meant that broadly his was a life without purpose, heading from one job to the next.

But you should be careful what you wish for and with the brothers invasion he had all the war he could want and then a lot more. serving immidately as head of a battlemagic detachment Sammuel found himself back in the military and back with a purpose - he hard his men to protect and a war to win.

Sammuels way of war came to be known by his 2 catchphrases: "Magical Superiority Through Faster Firepower" and "Bravery will take you[r maggoty backside] into the most dangerous of places, overwhelming firepower will see you safely through them! [Maggot!]"

Keen not to be facing the "mercy" of the Brothers armies he and his troops retreated to the south of the continent and eventually to the islands themselves.

With the war and their strategic value taking a high toll of warmages Sammuel took charge of training those that were able and willing on Fenris, soldering he realised was where he belonged, it was a dirty job, but someone had to do it, and the better they did it, the less peolpe had to die.

Having established enough of a training regime that he could hand it over to deputies, safe in the knowledge that it would tick over itself, Sammuel, with his Lieutenant Avram Garrison returned to directly organising and leading the magical support on the battlefield.

(From the character concept he would have the leadership feat with a cohort for recon/scouting. Originally I was thinking ranger/scout but given the other members divinite wizard seems more useful, while still fitting well with the character)
Last edited by draconas on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:55 am

I am working on a description... I have the race and class down, backgrounds and such have always been the hardest part for me.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:31 am

Ok here we go... for your perusal, don't mock me too hard, Ive never had to do a description before like this...

Name: Jaamus Firegorge
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf
Description: 4’4” 215 lbs Red Hair, Red Beard; braided into two lengths. Massive scar down his right temple extending under his chin.
Background: Jaamus is an adventurer, plain and simple. He was trained in the ways of a fighter from the time he was old enough to open his eyes. Both of his parents(mom-Surley dad-Jaasper) raised him hard, and taught him to live on his own.

His family were outcasts of sorts, and through great bravery on the battlefield Jaasper was able to maintain amiable relations with their brethren though their choice to isolate themselves outside of their former mountain home was not taken well.

Jaamus is often well liked among all of the other races because his bravery shines through the moment people meet him, he has a trusting face, and he backs his words up with action, and plenty of it.

He favors his warhammer, though his arsenal is not complete there. He carries a Bastard Sword on his back, but tends only to use it if his hammer has taken damage and needs repair. His slogan, "You really get to know a fella once you've smashed his head in", is often the last thing an enemy will hear him say before he actually does just that.

Jaamus has taken up arms as his family's home was destroyed and both his parents killed. His home was not in the mountains (as stated above) but more east towards QuietPasture. His anger is boiling over, and revenge is firstmost in his mind.

Jaamus was spared as he was on a journey for medicinal supplies for his mother when the raiders came through, the fact that his mother was murdered in her sickened state only served to multiply his hatred.
Last edited by LinusMundane on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:05 am

With this semester over, I am looking to get back into PbP here on the forums. This character needs some background info, and I will appreciate the feedback and information to fully flesh him out before writing his backstory.

Character Name: Malsvirirlym Tor

Class: Fighter - 1

Race: Half-Dragon Centaur

Description: Malsvirirlym's coat is a rich flaxen color which can catch the sunlight, giving it a vibrant golden hue, while his braided tail lies on his haunches. A streak of golden scales, riding down along his back from his shoulders to the ends of his rear, covering a long cable-cord thick muscle running from his human torso to the end of the scales presses tightly against his shimmering coat. Where the head of a horse would normally be, a human like torso rises from the deeply muscled body, equally as robust.

A slightly tanned abdomen is divided by a solid line of wheat-colored hair that creates a rudimentary 'T' upon his chest. His toned shoulders are covered with what looks to be small golden scales that glitter in the light.

His earthy featured face is slightly elongated, and set with deep azure eyes. His jaw is set forward and opens at an angle due to rows of pearlescent teeth, sharp as daggers. Framed by platinum-blond dreadlocks, and a full beard tied in a half-dozen braids bound tightly with silver bands.

Overly large arms create a slightly odd look, tribal blue tattoos trace his muscles, outlining them and highlighting their movement. His arms finish with golden scales on the backs winding up his long fingers which end in razor sharp claws rather than fingernails.

Background:

For this section I need to know a few things. I already have some ideas, but would like answers to these questions:

A) Are Gold Dragons common, do they follow standard alignment, and are they involved in this battle, and if involved, are they for or against?

B) Same questions as above, but add 'Centaurs' when you see 'Gold Dragons'.

C) Where are centaurs commonly found within this world, if in a contested area, have they fled?

I think that will help me begin his backstory based on the ideas already formed on his character.

Thanks,
Tailor

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:33 am

Tailor wrote:A) Are Gold Dragons common, do they follow standard alignment, and are they involved in this battle, and if involved, are they for or against?

B) Same questions as above, but add 'Centaurs' when you see 'Gold Dragons'.

C) Where are centaurs commonly found within this world, if in a contested area, have they fled?
A) Dragons, while not common, have become more so in the last 10 years. Dragons follow the standard alignments. If you read through the game threads, the original group had a confrontation with a green and had some help from a young gold.

B and C) Centaurs are still not real common, but are most likely found in the forests on the Island of Ferris or in some of the forests in Northern Solace, which is the northeast part of the Madragar continent currently under occupation by the armies of the brothers.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Name: Marsaili
Class: Bard
Description: A petite woman in her mid to late twenties, Marsaili is still quite attractive, although a life of adventuring has taken it's toll on her. She is 4'8", and has black hair and gray eyes.
Background: Marsaili grew up as a member of a band of traveling performers. As both a singer and dancer, she was quite a popular member of the troupe, but something in her longed for more. Not sure of what was missing in her life, Mar took up with a band of adventurers to seek something to fill the void, and together they had many great quests together. But something was still missing. Then one day, while tracking down a band of cutthroats, the mission that would become her life was revealed: The thieves had amongst them a Bard who used music of such unimaginable beauty that it stirred something deep in Mar's core. She had to know more about this music. So, she then spent the next few years, tracking down the "Primal Music", and learning all that she could of it, and while she still hasn't quite mastered it, she is very close...
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Yay a resurgent from the old Madgar campaign.

Given Sammuel is a bit plain and boring, 2 other concepts. Take your pick from all 3:

Name: Solon Valtrav
Class: Possibly 1 level of Barbian
Race: Minotaur of Legend (MM2)

Description
Born with 4 horns, Solons tribe knew they had spawned something special when he came into the world. True to form he grew and strengthened quickly becoming larger and stronger even than the other minotaurs. By the time he stopped growing he was 9 feet tall and wighed in at nearly 900 pounds of muscle, fur and temper.
Temper was a big part of Solon, as was his endless desire for war and battle. In the end even the battles of his tribe did not please him and he went looking for more. Across Aristar he marauded, becoming the leader of tribes of groups of montrous humanoids or bandits that went seeking battle and plunder. Defacto leader - nothing could match his prowess in battle, so nothing could challenge him.
Wielding a gigantic Falchion he hacked most enemies in 2 before they could get within striking distance and his attacks and plunderings caused such an uproar that Aristar dispatched a special group of soldiers from their army, backed up by hired mercenaries to kill him and crush his current band of followers.
When the humans came upon them a brutal battle ensued. Solon was hacking men apart by the dozen when their wizard flew over head and stuck him with a lightning bolt, far from killing him the bolt reflected back and blasted the puny human out of the sky.
By the end of the battle Solon had had to drop his falchion and resort to his backup weapons - a pair of greataxes. The remaining humans turned tail and fled him as he stood there and roared, bloodstained axe in either hand and the grisely remains of 3 humans impaled upon his horns. The legend of Solon Valtrav - mightest minataur to walk the earth was born from that battle: a minataur so powerful his javlines could impale 10 men his sword could slice entire companies apart and hiss very skin reflected spells.
When the brothers armies invaded he fought them, simply because they were there to fight, monsters following him soon got hacked apart in the war, but he kept on going, seeking more enemies ot slay. He fights without tactics or stratergy, seeking nothing more than the joy and glory of combat, and the sweet feeling of crushing all foes that stand before him and spreading his reputation far and wide.
Called onto the missions for 2 reasons - firstly his ability to smash things, secondly, if left to his own devices he /will/ find something to fight, and he won't care what it is.

Name: Meep
Race: Spellweaver (MM2)
Class: None
Description
Scrawny, hairless, six-armed creaure standing 5'2" tall. He is humanoid in shape, with a vaguely birdlike face and large, dark eyes. When asked his named he responds with a "meep" sound, what it actually means is anyones guess but he responds when it is spoken.

Spell weavers are not known for speaking, Meep appears to be an exception, somewhat. He has used the odd, badly spoken word, guestures from his 6 arms and short telepathic phrases to communicate with people on Fenris. Offering to volunteer for the special assignment.

He refuses to answer why, and that makes people wary as to his motives. It's known that Spell weavers covert magical items and that they don't communicate with other speciies normally, so people are nervous and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Last edited by draconas on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:33 pm

And here, is the background of Malsvirirlym, the Gold Centaur.

Love at first sight

In the forests of Northern Solace a small band of Centaurs has lived for hundreds of years in harmony with the sylvan creatures of the area. The Kin-Tor, named for the union of two older tribes, has mainly kept to them, content to live within the forest glades. At one time there was a slightly more adventurous and bold female named Azery, and was a member of the Tor family. She would venture into the dangerous mountainous areas surrounding the forest, and was, to her knowledge, the only female to have ventured farther than any Centaur before her and was quick to boast this fact, becoming quick to anger if someone suggested that she was not.

However, it was on a trip into this area that she spied a great gold dragon, a magnificent beast she thought, flying overhead beyond a ridge. Curious, and eager to determine the cause of the dragon's presence, she leapt from crag to crag, narrowly escaping death more than a few times. She made it, barely, to a cave entrance, the edges worked smooth. Holding her breath as she ventured forward, hearing a deep tremble akin to the crashing of waves causing her to almost retreat from the sound. She entered a large opening, and seeing the sight within caused her to pull her spear close and her hooves to patter uncomfortably upon the stone.

The great gold worm seemed to be bellowing at the top of his lungs, throwing bits of treasure across the open space, ripping deep gouges into the walls with his claws, and with a final burst of anger, bellowed a deep gout of fire onto the ceiling, causing it to become molten hot and take a strange liquid state. There he sat, watching the ceiling cool, breathing deep, full of fury. To Azery, it was the most magnificent sight she had ever seen.

The Foe of Evil

Within the forest glade, the Kin-Tor stood, waiting, ignoring the sheets of rain falling down around them. Worried looks passed between them, and hooves were stamped into the soft ground, pulling up the rich dirt beneath. Only a few feet away a huge gold dragon lay on his side, his left wing outstretched, protecting underneath his wing from the weeping sky. Azery in labor and a midwife close by to help the young colt come through. The divinations had provided the gender, but Clytanmoorninyx had preferred to keep it secret from his love. To the centaurs, he seemed stoic, a draconic face looking under his outstretched wing, but the rain hid his tears, for he had scried an outcome he did not approve, but could not change. She would provide for him a son, a way to remember her, and hopefully to keep his temper as she had for so many years.

Upon the wet world, a young colt was released; golden like his father, his coat shimmered in the twilight of the thunderstorm, setting him apart from the earthy tones of his brethren. With his cries of life, his mother took solace in the knowledge of his father’s abilities, and took refuge away from the soggy ties to life. The thunder hid the bellows from the world outside of the forest, and the great dragon could not help but take flight, seeking his own death within the confines of the lightning storm. The colt was left with the tribe, a slight abomination to their people, not centaur, not dragon, but both. The midwife brought him to the elder druid, an old mare, who took the whining foal into her arms. She faced the tribe and pronounced his fathers name, his mothers, and the name they both had chosen for him; Malsvirirlym, Evil Foe.

Destiny’s Cup; Half-Full or Half-Empty

Malsvirirlym grew quickly into the body he would wear until his death, a great golden stallion, a magnificent beast that would have been a proud member of Kin-Tor, had he been centaur. However, he was not, but although none of the mares found him to be an appropriate husband, he was still a member of the tribe, and spent equal portions of time with his people as he did with his father. From his tribe he learned the way of life, and the love of freedom, the essence of speed in battle, the love of travel, and the mistrust of humanoids. From his father he learned the nature of politics, the production of wealth, and the history and ethos of the Gold Dragons.

When the whispers of the brothers reached the ears of his father, they began a trek, a quest to seek evil, and route it. In this, Malsvirirlym followed in the footsteps of his father, and brought his name to bear against any evil he found. They believed that through this path, they could limit the rise of the brothers to power, and protect the people. It is this time when he learned the bow, not as hearty as his father, but nearly as strong, he took advantage of this by way of the compound bow. Allowing his strength to channel itself into his range proved deadly effective against his enemies.

10 years have passed, and the brothers have come into the plateau of their power, Clytanmoorninyx has been requested to attend a great meeting of the gold wyrms, and it is unacceptable for Malsvirirlym to attend. However, it is now that powers are gathering in Ferris Isle to route the evil that has spread upon Madragar, and it is here that Malsvirirlym goes, to join in the effort. However with deep regrets, as it will be the first time he has fought without his father at his side. With deep regrets also come pride and hope, to prove the skill he has learned and to make his father proud. With gifts from his father, he takes flight for Ferris, his outlook on the situation confused, he does not know if it will be good or bad, a way to bring honor or a waste of time, destiny has provided a cup, and will soon let Malsvirirlym know if it is half-full, or half-empty.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Let me start off with I really love some of these character ideas. Actually, I think I like all of them. I am going to have a very difficult time choosing guys.

I currently have 13 character ideas posted (3 from draconas, thanks pal). I want to let everyone know now that since I like these concepts and ideas so much, I may go 2 different roads.

What the hell does that mean?

What I mean is, after I select my initial cast of characters and run them for a month or so, I will start another group up. Of course now I would need to come up with another mission, but it is a big world and there is lots of war to be had.

So, if you do not get picked in the first round, don't be upset. I would like to get all of you playing.

As it stands, there are four members of the original campaign already applied (only 2 of the old characters, but 4 of the players).

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Character Name: Dominick
Class: Gestalt Dragonfire Adept/Shadowcaster
Race: Dragon Born
Description: He is about 6 feet tall White Hair dark skin blue on blue eyes Swimmers Build
Background: See Below

Name: Dominick

Background: The next thing I knew I was in a warm bed and i had jsuted changed into a Dragon born I woke up and was scared and ran for the door and found a man standing in a kitchen when I opened it. I did not know why but I could not stop looking at the man in front of me. He was so good looking I had only seen one other thing better looking and that was my sister. I felt warm just looking at the man.

We greeted each other and I found out he rescued me from a displacer Beast from eating me. I could tell he was different as well something also seemed like myself when I looked at him. This Teilfling name was Len. We talked till the sun rose the next day. I stayed with him he made me take the main and only bed in the one bedroom house. After the 3 day I offered him to share the bed for two reasons. One I wanted to lay next to him and two I could not put him out. He accepted. That night was weird I could tell he was not sleeping and I was not but we did not say a word but when we woke we both talked up a storm. Not about the night but life. I told him my life story. He told me his. We leared then that we both could do the same stuff in the way of fire and magic.

It was not for another month till I made the first move and kissed him. It was then that we started our 20 year love affair and he taught me how to be a warlock/shadow caster. I had found someone to love me for what and who I was not put me away. It was hard at first for me but he was very understanding and took it all with a grain of salt. I went out one day to hunt and came back to find him dead. Something had cut him open. I do not know what but I went out into the world with our stuff that we shared since everything he had was mine. He had a long time before shown me his secret place when I got there I found a letter there it started out with how much he loved me and then it went into that he was planning for us to take a trip to go Help an old Friend and Join and Elite group of people to stop the comeing of Pyraxus. He went into why this must be done and that if I was reading this he was killed for this reason. I was to take his spot and go help Aros he will tell you more that you need to know and give him this. I was also to give him a small sealed letter with this one. There are a few Town name for him to try and find Aros.

Dominick never knew about what was really going on in the out side world. He did not know were the woods were here with Len lived but Len did leave a map on how to get to some towns to start this quest and respect his Dieing wishes.
Last edited by rednetra on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:29 pm

klakxor wrote:(3 from draconas, thanks pal).
Fear what happens when work makes me bored! If you want any more info/development on any of them let me know.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:37 pm

draconas wrote:
klakxor wrote:(3 from draconas, thanks pal).
Fear what happens when work makes me bored! If you want any more info/development on any of them let me know.
I like the Minotaur of Legend concept if you would like to continue that one. Although I also liked Sammuel

norrisr1
Horseman
Horseman

I want in

Post by norrisr1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:13 pm

I have several ideas for characters, but I'll start with just one. If it too closely matches another accepted character, I can change it. I'm also writing challenged, so bear with me in my background.

Character Name: Diehl D'orien
Class: Focused Specialist (evocation) Classes prohibited (Necromancy, Illusion, Enchantment)
Description: Male, 5'9" 150 lbs. Looks fairly wimpy. Wears traveling clothes instead of robes.
Background: Diehl grew up in the City of Sharn, on Eberron. His training was concluded about the time the war ended. He liked to use the fly spell and spend his time circling the towers of Sharn. His favorite tactic was to use the fly spell and cast scorching ray on his enemies. He also longed for adventure. Since he grew up in the time of war, his desires were to help free people from enslavement or unjustice. When he was about 7th level, a call came from his enclave to root out some bandits who were trainjacking near the mournlands. He went where he was summoned, but in the ensuing battle, was captured and taken to the mournlands. Most of his allies had been killed, as had a number of the hijackers. While they were traveling away from civilized areas, a planar rift opened and they were attacked by creatures from the plane Madragar is on. The bandits fought and died at the hands of beings from this plane. The planar rift then closed, stranding Diehl and his companions on this new planet. After some intense questioning and weeks of scrutiny, Diehl and his companions joined with the rebellion to rid this world of Pyraxus and the two evil minions on the throne. Diehl and his companions had entered the world in the northern desert area and worked for several months ridding small parts of it free of the armies that dotted the surface. Diehl mostly worked from the back of the army until a battle was to be fought. Then, he would fly above and cast his magics to alter the course of the battle or alter the courses the enemies attacked from. He met up with another battlemage and they synchronized their magics to hand out large amounts of damage, or if required, Diehl could cast haste and other combat enhancing spells, while the other battlemage, cast his big bombs.

With this section of the world seemingly intact. Diehl and his companions made their way to ..........

Kail

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:23 pm

I see a gestalt... if you are going that crazy, let me know, I will adjust accordingly.

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”