A Call to Arms [Group 1]

From Ferris to Madragar
Locked
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:10 pm

The call to arms had come across and several individuals were chosen. They were instructed to meet in the grand tent of the travelling rebellion headqurters hidden in the forest of Ferris.

The group assembled before Prince Cavellon. The young man shouldered much of what is the rebellion in Ferris. His skin was darkened with dirt and soot and his hair was dark. To his right stood the fair skinned King Aerondell of the Elves and to his left was the Hampton island representative, a Halfling known as Governor Taskin.

“This mission is the utmost importance to the resistance. We have heard tell of the success of the rebel bands in the northwestern territory of Aristar. They are known as the Army of Aros. We would like to try and pledge a strike at the brother’s armies in concert with them. We need you seven to trek through the remains of Cromwell into Aristar to rendezvous with them. We cannot give you their exact location, but we can give you aid in finding them.”

Prince Cavellon produces a small white sphere from the pocket of his coat. “I have here a compass that will lead you to Aros. There will be a ship leaving from our secret port about 30 miles west of here in 2 days. They will be heading to the Island of Hampton, but I have instructed the captain to make a pass near Trinity port on the southern shores of Cromwell. He will get you as close as he can and give you a boat for passage into the port.

From there, you must travel north through Cromwell and cross the Yaunzi River. I have heard tell that most of the bridges across have been destroyed, so I think it will be hard going. Once you cross the river into Aristar, the compass will begin to work. It will lead you where you need to go.

Any questions?”
Last edited by klakxor on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:31 pm

I've got two. Who's this captain we're meeting at the port and when can we leave?

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:38 pm

"Captain Fredericks was the commander of the Royal Naval Forces of Cromwell. He is a well and trusted advisor to the rebellion. You can leave as soon as we are done this session if that is what you agree upon. I would suggest leaving no later then tomorrow morn, for you never know what dangers may await you in the woods and the ship will be leaving port in 2 days hence, with or without you."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Malsvirirlym shuffles his hooves and looks around at the others before speaking.

Do you have any intelligence on Cromwell your Highnesses, or are we going to be flying blind?

Looks around again, and says ... In a manner of speaking...
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Hm. I do not recall ever travelling the forests. Should there be anything we might specifically want to keep our gaurd about us for? I would so hate to be caught in an ambush unprepared.

The voice is a hollow sounding voice with the faintest metallic echo. It speaks very proper, almost with a british accent.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Sammuel stroked his beard and nodded, "My Lord, when we make contact what is the mission? Do we have a specific message to diliver? To collect? Or are we going to exfiltrate back with one of them?" Sammuel appraised those he was with carefuly, a mission like this would require clandestine movement and stealthy combat, neither of which were his speciality.

A human, he stood at just under 6 feet in height with grey hair and pale blue eyes. He knew that he looked old enough to be Andrea's father, if not grandfather, but that was the price he paid for leading so many men into battle over the years. His voice when he spoke was clear and hard, it was a voice used to being heard in the middle of a combat.

With him was a woman in perhaps her mid 20's with brown hair and eyes. Her hair was realtively short for a woman and kept out of her face by a finely worked white headband. She wore pragmatic travelling or exploring clothes with many pouches and pockets and listened to their orders carefully.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:40 pm

For some inexplicable reason, Samara has chosen to attend the briefing in disguise, even though everyone present likely knows her real identity. In the disguise, "Princess" Samara appears to be a petite human woman with blonde hair that reaches past her waist. Her dress is ostentatious, of the highest quality, and a golden circlet adorns her head.

After the mission is revealed, she nods serenely, "Cromwell's daughter thanks you, Prince Cavellon, for the opportunity to return to our cherished lands. Mayhap we, with the assistance of these worthies, may offer a measure of succor to our beset subjects in the process."

She listens politely to the questions offered by the others. At Malsvirirlym's questions, she comments, "Whether or not the good Prince has more recent intelligence regarding our kingdom, we, of course, posesses some knowledge of Cromwell's environs, both before and and after the fall. One hopes it may serve to help us all avoid danger as we journey therein ..."

As she continues, her voice lowers an octave and she drops all pretext of noble speech patterns, "... of course, I've got little interest in avoiding danger, really. I hope there's trouble. It's been too long since I stabbed anything!" She flashes an evil grin and cackles in a manner completely out of character with her current appearance.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Malsvirirlym frowns slightly at the petite blond human near him, and snorts derisively.

Any information that can be provided will be welcome, and possibly keep us alive, and our enemies, if not out of our way, at least a lesser threat.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:14 am

To Sammuel "Your mission is to find the Army of Aros. I believe you and Marsaili have both worked with Aros in the past. Hopefully he remembers you. Once there, we need you to tell them we would like to make a concerted effort to stop the brothers. From there, I am hoping that you will return with good news. The compass I gave you will also allow you to find our camp when you return."

Turning to Malsvirirlym and Samara, "The lands of Madragar have been ravaged. Our intelligence says that the brothers have appointed a general to watch over the lands of Cromwell. We have not recieved much information on him. The lands themselves will be dangerous enough. Most of the towns and cities have been destroyed. Be wary of anyone you meet in Cromwell, as they may not be your ally."

and finally to Andraes, "There are many magical creatures in the woods from here to the docks. Not all of them are friendly. We also know that the brothers have sent infiltration parties into the woods, which is why we keep our headquarters moving."

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 pm

Marsaili, a small woman with long black hair and gray eyes, replies: "I am ready to go whenever you all are ready. Is there any information that you would like us to pass on other than "Prince Cavellon would like to speak with you about joining forces"?
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Does this Aros have a title of some sort, milord? If things are as bad as they sound it might help smooth things over if we knew what to call him. Lorrie Cleveland is a compactly muscled dwarven woman with chin length auburn hair that braely covers the horrible scarring that covers the right side of her face.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm

"Aros does not have his own title, other then being self appointed leader of those running the rebellion in the North. Transferring our wish to join forces is a start, and he should be aware that we would like to. We need to get a timeframe from him when it would be possible to work as one, attacking from the north and south at the same time."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Malsvirirlym, a very well muscled golden-scaled centaur, once again speaks, I was also going to suggest you give us a general idea of the forces with which you are willing to put forth on this cause, I believe that will be a helpful aid... if it is enough. However, I was distressed by the notion that those...(Thurilkurik), here the centaur spits on the ground, have men or beasts on this island. Is it wise to mount such an offensive with that sort within such close proximity? Will they not take advantage of such an attack on the mainland, but razing your homes here?
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:27 pm

"The forces here are few and we should be able to deal with them here. I only warn you that it would not be unheard of for you to be intercepted."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:35 pm

That answers one question, but the other, about the size of the force you are willing to devote to the attack from the below to help convince Aros that it would be a wise decision, still needs answering.

Also, are you assigning someone to guide, or lead us there? Or is that our decision to make?
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:54 pm

"Getting to the ship, you only need to go to the coast just north of here and head west. After you leave the ship and get into Cromwell, Samara should be able to help escort you through to the Yaunzi River. We do not have much information as to the what the conditions of Cromwell is. Once across the river, use the compass I gave you to find Aros. As far as what forces we are willing to put forth, the majority of our forces would be set out to push the enemy from our assault. Aros should be more then willing to help us, we have just been unable to get anyone through to him."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Sammuel nodded, "good" he took the compass and secreted it carefully in a pouch. "I suggest we aquire some travel supplies and depart immidately, they'll be pleanty of time for get to know you's before we get to the ship and we can plan the rest there."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Andraes nods.

"I have all that I require, however I would be glad to accompany those who need to prepare."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Malsvirirlym nods, I am ready then, and will meet you at the edge of camp. With a quick smile of razor sharp teeth, he turns and walks out, fine chain links shimmering.
Last edited by TheGreenLabrador on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Armite stood silent as he did not had much to contribute to the conversation until the others were about ready to go.

"I'm ready to go at anytime. The sooner, the better."

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 pm

"We, too, require only a moment to gather our equipment. Once again, your highnesses, you have our thanks for this opportunity to be of assistance to the cause of all noble beings." Samara curtseys to each of the nobles, then turns, walking regally toward the exit.

As she exits, she lets the disguise drop and anyone who's watching can see the change: she becomes a foot taller; the long blonde hair turns into a messy red bush; her skin darkens, showing mottled spots; she sprouts a pointy tail and tiny horns; the fine gown becomes black leather armor that appears to be made of the hide of a single fox; and the golden circlet becomes a tattered cap.

Samara dashes off to where she stashed her gear, then joins the party at the edge of camp.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:48 am

Sammuel saluted the Prince and dignitaries and headed out. The supplied they where after were simple: Bedrolls and other gear for staying out in the field, including a length of rope, Andrea could handle the living space from there.

Once allw as gathered they would meet the rest of the party on the edge of the camp.

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:08 pm

I am ready to go. The sooner we leave the better in my opinion. As Lorrie leaves the room, anyone left inside notices a small chest sprout arms and legs and follows her outside.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:31 pm

"Hmmm... We seem to have acquired some interesting companions for this little venture. It should make for quite the tale." with that, Mar curtsies to the Prince, and heads out the door, following Sammuel.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:58 pm

OOC: What is the time of day outside, and weather?

Survival Check for the weather, as far in advance as I can manage.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:51 am

Tailor wrote:OOC: What is the time of day outside, and weather?

Survival Check for the weather, as far in advance as I can manage.
Time is early afternoon. The current weather is warm and sunny, a couple clouds in the sky. As far as you can tell, the weather should hold steady for the next day or two

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Malsvirirlym rears on back legs, and jumps into the air, golden wings like those of a Gold Dragon, burst forth from the think scaled muscles on his sides. The flaps begin undulating, propelling him into the sky.

OOC: Mal will make the check from high altitudes, and converse with Thrae until either one of them tires, or the party congregates towards the direction they are to go to leave camp, at which point he will go to the edge of camp as well.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Samara watches the flying centaur and comments, to no one in particular, "A flying horsie, neat!"

As she awaits the others at the edge of camp, she examines the contents of her pack. As the others arrives, she asks, "Do we have enough food for the trip? I've got seven days of rations in here, myself."

(I assume the trip to the boat will be one or two days, right? Knowledge: Local to guess how long it might take to cross Cromwell?)
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:02 pm

The trip across Cromwell will most likely take about 2 weeks.

You all gather at the northern edge of the camp. The woods here are thick and there is no cut path to exit. The travelling will be rough through the woods until you get to the beach.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Samara's tail twitches as she examines the contents of her pack. "You know, the trip from Trinity to the Yaunzi alone could take two weeks. Maybe we should gather plenty of rations now while we have the chance. Who knows what the hunting will be like and I'd hate to slow down to find out. I could carry like 40 more days of rations in here ..."

(If it's possible, Samara will dash around the camp gathering or purchasing, if necessary, all the rations she can get her hands on. Stowing up to 40 more days in her haversack and offering any beyond that to anyone who's willing to carry some.)
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”