A Call to Arms [Group 1]

From Ferris to Madragar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Flinx wrote:Now that they know that we are here, Mar begins to sing (Inspire Courage), and moves 30 feet closer to the clearing.
OUT OF CHARACTER
What did our enemies do on their turn? Also, I noticed new enemy markers on the map. Can we get a description?

The Orcs formed a line across the southern half of the clearing. New enemy markers are for specific people. They noticed and *should* let you know.

Please give a location number with where you are moving to, it will make things easier for me. Thanks

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:22 pm

klakxor wrote:Please give a location number with where you are moving to, it will make things easier for me. Thanks
Oops... I knew that. Just had a brain fart. Moving to 0913
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Malsvirirlym, angered, takes out another potion from his belt, and quaffs it. Then, now satisfactorily protected, readies his bow for his next action while yelling out,

"Archers hidden in the trees, beware!"

Drink a potion of Protection against evil

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Please feel free to use "P" or "Z" for Samara, if it makes your life easier. Since it seems Samara was not spotted last round, action for this round remains as it was in the PM.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Armite moves to 1007 and attacks C2 with White Raven Attack.
OUT OF CHARACTER
You can use G for me on the map.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Sammuel was not happy at the ambush. But the orcs had gotten in a nice line for him, he could deal with them and alert everyone to the archers on the flanks.

He casts arc of lightning from 0105 to 1805. All creatures in a line on or between those squares take 10d6 electricity damage (reflex DC 24 for half)

Andrea casts magic missile against C1 and reload her crossbow
Last edited by draconas on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:08 pm

Andraes advances to 1207 and throws a full attack at C2 at 1106.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:41 am

OOC: Doc is a woman. OOC Doc will move to 0509 and reload her crossbow holding her shot for the first orc that gets hurt.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:15 am

marine7312000 wrote:OOC: Doc is a woman. OOC Doc will move to 0509 and reload her crossbow holding her shot for the first orc that gets hurt.
Damn, I knew that and saw my mistake and still forgot to correct it

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 am

Two arrows fly at Andraes, neither one actually piercing his hard exterior

From the other side, two arrows also fly in the direction of Armite, one of which actually pierces his armor (-11)

Malsvirirlym drinks a potion and yells out "Archers hidden in the trees, beware!"

At this point you all notice that across the sides of the clearing are small outposts connected by a bridge. There appears to be 2 elves on either bridge with arrows firing down at you.

Sammuel places lightning bolt through the middle of camp, taking out the less accomplished orcs and throwing some damage at the archers who fired at him.

C2 swings his bastard sword at Andraes, landing 2 solid hits on him (-30)

One of the two archers to the left losses an arrow at doc, severely injuring her (crit -33)

From the right, an archer looses 2 more arrows at Andraes, but again they seem to deflect off his hardened body.

From below the bridge on the right, a daggar flies into the air as you see Samara throwing at the closest archer. The strike is a solid hit and you see her attempt to duck back into the bushes nearby. The bridge on the right now looks to be severely damaged by the fire and lightning bolt that have it.

Armite steps forward and stirkes the orc that was just hitting Andraes, a devastating strike that appears to leave the orc staggered.

Andraes takes the opportunity, slicing at the orc with his built in blades.

The other orc commander seems to go berserk, slashing through Armite likes there is no tomorrow (-54, another crit)

Marsaili moves up singing to Inspire her companions on

Doc Moves forward and reloads her crossbow

Andrea launches four missiles of force, pounding into the side of the raging orc commander.

Map Key
Z = Samara
S = Sammuel
M = Marsaili
MT = Malsvirirlym
AG = Andraes
G = Armite
AL = Andrea
D = Doc (who at least decided to go with a name that didn't start with A, M, or S)

Damage so far
Sammuel = 31
Malsvirirlym = 16
Armite = 65
Andraes = 30
Doc = 33
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:32 am

Samara grins at the firey explosion caused by her dagger and tucks it back into its sheath as it returns to her hands [move action]. Looking at the crispy bridge, she pulls a flask alchemist's fire from her haversack [second move action]. She crosses her fingers in hopes the archers didn't spot her.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:47 pm

One good lightning bolt deserves another. Arc of lightning between 0105 and 1106 - should get both reminaing commanders and the archer.

Andrea will shoot at S3 with her crossbow.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:47 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did you account for the delayed damage pool that I have? If not, my current damage should be 50. Then after this turn, I received 15 damage from the pool itself. Also Iron Guard's Glare will be my default stance. Devoted Bulwark has been activated for this turn since I received damage from a melee attack.

Using Furious Counterstrike to give myself a +3 to attack and damage rolls, Armite attacks C1 with a full attack.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Doc will retrieve a potion from Bachs ( free action), drink it (move action, I think) and shoot at the elf in 0105 with her crossbow, if he's not already dead.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:13 am

Mar, with a look of worry on her face at how hurt some of her new friends are, will stop singing (the bonus will last for 5 more rounds), move forward to 0908, and cast Cure Serious Wounds on Armite.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Drinking a potion is a standard action, and unless Bachs has a special ability, getting out a potion is a move action or longer, based on how hard it is to get to.

R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 am

Andraes takes a five foot step to it's left (1107) and goes full out against the C2, again.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 am

Phoenix512 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did you account for the delayed damage pool that I have? If not, my current damage should be 50. Then after this turn, I received 15 damage from the pool itself. Also Iron Guard's Glare will be my default stance. Devoted Bulwark has been activated for this turn since I received damage from a melee attack.

Using Furious Counterstrike to give myself a +3 to attack and damage rolls, Armite attacks C1 with a full attack.
OUT OF CHARACTER
You are correct about the damage pool. You took 50 and will recieve another 15 at the end of the next turn

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 am

marine7312000 wrote:Doc will retrieve a potion from Bachs ( free action), drink it (move action, I think) and shoot at the elf in 0105 with her crossbow, if he's not already dead.
Flinx wrote:Mar, with a look of worry on her face at how hurt some of her new friends are, will stop singing (the bonus will last for 5 more rounds), move forward to 0908, and cast Cure Serious Wounds on Armite.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Drinking a potion is a standard action, and unless Bachs has a special ability, getting out a potion is a move action or longer, based on how hard it is to get to.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Drinking potion is a standard action, as Flinx says. Page 152, Magic of Eberron, says the PackMate Homunculus Ready Action ability allows it to telepathically know what it's master needs and retrieve it as a swift action with no attack of opportunity as long as the packmate and its master are adjacent. Doc does not however have listed what potion he is quaffing down

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:28 am

Malsvirirlym will move up to 1505, staying about 30 feet up in the air, and let loose an arrow at the elven archer directly to his east. ooc: The one samara is attacking.

Keep Non-lethal damage activated while firing at all targets. Lethal damage only if I present it so. Normal Arrows.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:29 am

klakxor wrote:
marine7312000 wrote:Doc will retrieve a potion from Bachs ( free action), drink it (move action, I think) and shoot at the elf in 0105 with her crossbow, if he's not already dead.
Flinx wrote:Mar, with a look of worry on her face at how hurt some of her new friends are, will stop singing (the bonus will last for 5 more rounds), move forward to 0908, and cast Cure Serious Wounds on Armite.
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
Drinking potion is a standard action, as Flinx says. Page 152, Magic of Eberron, says the PackMate Homunculus Ready Action ability allows it to telepathically know what it's master needs and retrieve it as a swift action with no attack of opportunity as long as the packmate and its master are adjacent. Doc does not however have listed what potion he is quaffing down

[OOC} Sorry about that, I didn't have acces to my computer the day I posted that and couldn't remember the exact potions in Doc's inventory. Doc is drinking a potion of cure moderate wounds. On a side note, the internet here has been intermittent over the last few days, so my apologies for the delay.
OUT OF CHARACTER

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:03 am

Two more arrows fly at Armite from the left, again only one piercing his armor.(-8)

Two arrows fly directly down at Samara, both striking painfully (-35)

Mal flies forward releasing a shot from his bow against the injured archer. The shot hits the archer hard and he falls backwards off the bridge into the brush below. (I know its non-lethal, but when you do so much damage to someone who is already that injured....)

Sammuel releases another bolt of lightning cutting through the clearing. The bolt cuts through the archer and one Orc, but completely toasts the final one it touches.

Now back in the open, the last 2 archers take shots at Mal. All 4 arrows fly past him.

You all see Samara as her dagger returns to her and she starts pulling something from her bag.

Armite strikes the one Orc still standing hard with 2 hits from his Greatsword.

With C2 no longer standing there, Andraes moves to confront C1 and slices him down with a very well placed slice of his rapier. (Max Crit)

Moving forward, Marsaili stops her singing and lays a healing hand on Armite (+29)

Bachs quickly produces a potion for Doc and she drinks it down (+13). You still have a move action if you want to take it.

Andrea takes a shot at one of the archers but the bolt flies wild.

Map Key
Z = Samara
S = Sammuel
M = Marsaili
MT = Malsvirirlym
AG = Andraes
G = Armite
AL = Andrea
D = Doc

Damage so far
Sammuel = 31
Malsvirirlym = 16
Samara = 35
Armite = 36
Andraes = 30
Doc = 20

Hey guys, if everyone has posted and I don't have a validation up, let me know. I will get it up once I realize it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:01 pm

"Baator, Gehenna, Hades, Carceri! Stupid archers!" Samara activates her healing belt (1 charge for 2d8), then ducks under the bridge, hoping it will provide cover from the nearest archer (move to 1804).

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Concern appears on Malsvirirlym's face as he sees the injured archer fall over backwards from the force of his arrows, he then takes aim at the next archer, letting loose another powerful draw, bellowing out to the elf, "Lay down your arms, no more of your brothers need fall!"

OOC: This whole time Thrae is flying well above the battle, at least 800 feet in the sky.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Not seeing any of her friends in critical danger (wound wise), Mar will rapid shot S3.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Sammuel had a pair of arrows stuck in his armour giving him pleanty of encouragement as to what to do with ther remaining enemies. It involved fire, specifically a fireball centred on 0103

Andrea will move up to 1009 (double move)

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Armite will click his Boots of Speed to get Haste (free action) and move to 0106 (I can make it there. It's 45 feet and with Haste, I'm at 50 feet). He attacks S3 with Divine Surge (+8d8 damage).

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:Armite will click his Boots of Speed to get Haste (free action) and move to 0106 (I can make it there. It's 45 feet and with Haste, I'm at 50 feet). He attacks S3 with Divine Surge (+8d8 damage).
The archers are on a bridge 30' in the air

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:10 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Is there any way to get to the bridge via ground that doesn't involve flying?

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is there any way to get to the bridge via ground that doesn't involve flying?

Climbing, cutting down the tree, taking out the bridge

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Then I start cutting down the bridge.

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”