A Call to Arms [Group 1]

From Ferris to Madragar
Locked
Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Catalyst » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:57 am

Andraes makes it's way over to where Armite is.

"Climbing would be quicker. Want a boost?"
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Doc will move to 0109 with Bachs trundling along behind her, dropping her crossbow and drawing her waraxe as she moves. These bastards are gonna pay for that one!

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:18 pm

Catalyst wrote:Andraes makes it's way over to where Armite is.

"Climbing would be quicker. Want a boost?"
"Sure."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:21 am

The Archer on the right shoots 2 arrows at Mal, 1 flies by him while the other one lands a hit (-8)

Mal releases an arrow in retaliation at the archer, but it fails to connect. He calls out to for it to lay down it's arms, but it seems to ignore him.

Sammuel releases a fireball at the 2 archers to the left, however they are able to dodge the explosion of fire it creates. Unfortunately for them, the blast is able to drop the bridge they have been running back and forth across leaving them stuck in their respective places.

With their bridge destroyed, both archers take aim at the mage who destroyed it. Each one gets Sammuel with one arrow, while 2 narrowly miss him. (-24)

Samara starts screaming profanities and dives into the brush underneath the bridge (+15 on the healing)

Armite and Andraes charge to the crumpled bridge on the left. Looking at the tree and deciding how best to climb it.

Marsaili sends a fray of arrows at the stranded archer above Armite and Andraes, 2 of them hitting it.

Doc moves across to a better vantage point (you are aware that the archers are up a tree and not likely to get within melee range, right?)

Andrea moves up with Mar and Sammuel

Map Key
Z = Samara
S = Sammuel
M = Marsaili
MT = Malsvirirlym
AG = Andraes
G = Armite
AL = Andrea
D = Doc

Damage so far
Sammuel = 55
Malsvirirlym = 24
Samara = 20
Armite = 36
Andraes = 30
Doc = 20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by patransom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 am

Seeing that Sam's fireball didn't bring the other archers out of their tree, Samara looks forlornly at her little flask of alchemist's fire. She shrugs, steps out from under the bridge [5-foot step to 1904], and throws it anyway. She's not aiming directly at the archer, but rather at the bridge/branches/tree directly under the archer, whatever is supporting him while he shoots [Ranged +13]. Then she retrieves a flask of oil from her haversack, hoping that, if the alchemist's flask starts a fire, she can use the oil to make it keep going.

She mutters quietly, "I'll burn the whole forest down if I have to, but you're coming down here where I can stab you ..."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 am

Now, very frustrated, Mal holds his bow, and charges the archer that is alone on the rope bridge attempting to knock him off. "Fine, have it your way."

OOC:Charge and Bull Rush. Attempt auto-succeeds, since he has a bow, and cannot take the AoO. Str check to oppose, which I will probably win. The goal is to push him off his stupid rope bridge to my team down below.
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Flinx » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

Seeing her long time friend Sammuel is looking fairly wounded, Mar will cast Cure Serious Wounds on him. "This is my last Serious... Try not to get beat up too much more. :wink: "
OUT OF CHARACTER
3 more rounds on Inspire Courage. You are remembering that everybody is +2 to hit and damage correct?

 

R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:10 am

Flinx wrote:Seeing her long time friend Sammuel is looking fairly wounded, Mar will cast Cure Serious Wounds on him. "This is my last Serious... Try not to get beat up too much more. :wink: "
OUT OF CHARACTER
3 more rounds on Inspire Courage. You are remembering that everybody is +2 to hit and damage correct?

 

Everybody but the bad guys

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by patransom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:18 am

Since Samara's after Mal in the initiative, if his attempt succeeds, she'll abandon her plan of starting a forest fire. Instead, she'll move within 10 feet of the prone "elf" while drawing her rapier (keeping the alchemist's fire in the other hand or dropping it if she doesn't think that will make it explode) and use the shadowstrike property to get off a sneak attack: extend reach to ten feet, opponent denied dex bonus, +17 attack, 1d6+10+5d6 (edited to add Marsali's music effect)

As Samara steps out from under the bridge, she glances at her feet, notices something, and yells, "Hells, these aren't elves at all! They're shapeshifters ... dopplegangers!"

Also, I've been forgetting to declare my dodge bonus: AC 21 against the farthest archer, 20 vs the others.
Last edited by patransom on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Catalyst » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Andraes grabs Armite and hoists him up on it's shoulders.

"Grab hold and climb!"
OUT OF CHARACTER
The idea is to have it's hands palm up on it's shoulders and under Armite's feet. It will then attempt to "throw" Armite up the tree, if Armite is okay with that.

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:13 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Let's do the D&D version of the Fastball Special, Andraes.

 

Armite "climbs" the tree with Andraes and tries to attack S3 with Divine Surge.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by draconas » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:32 am

Cursing as he yanks more arrows out of his armour Sammuel will send an orb of fire at S1.

RTA at +9 for 10d6 fire damage and a DC21 fort save or be dazzled

Not keen to get pincushioned Andrea will generally keep out of the way and in cover from the archers.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Still waiting on Doc's action, will validate tomorrow if not posted

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:50 am

Doc moves to the nearest tree attached to the bridge and begins hacking at it with her axe. Come down here you bastards and fight like men!!! OOC The remainder of this month is going to be extremely hectic so I'm not entirely sure how often I'll be able to get on. Sorry if I cause any undue delay. OOC

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:39 am

First archer sends arrows towards Sammuel but both miss.

Second archer sends a couple arrows towards Mal, they seem to reflect away from him.

Mal charges into the secoond archer, overpowering him and sending the archer flying from the bridge onto the ground below.

Sammuel casts a spell and an orb of fire flies from his hand strking the first archer causing an incredible amount a burning. However the archer seems to shrug off any other intended effects.

The archer above Armite tries to fire down upon, but the branches of the tree splinter his arrows before they get close to Armite

Samara takes a 5 foot step drawing her rapier. The shadow of the rapier strikes out aginst the fallen archer, causing it to stop breathing.

Andraes and Armite make a plan to work together. Armite runs to Andraes and Andraes uses the momentum to throw him up into the tree. Armite uses the momentum to strike a devestating blow to the archer. (Way to overkill the poor guy, ended up at -52 hp)

(I wasn't completely sure how to work the fastball special, so for future happenings, here is how I worked it. Armite needed to make a jump check to Aid Andraes Strength check. Your attack suffered a -4 penalty since you could not aim well flying through the air, but I gave you bonus damage for your momentum)


Unfortunately, Armite's forward momentum needs to return to the ground. Failing to react quickly enough to grab ahold of branches or the tree, he comes crashing back down into the ground. (-10)

(Oh yeah, you need to make a pretty hefty climb check if you want to grab something during the fastball special)

Marsaili moves up to her long time friend Sammuel and heals him (+28 HP)

Doc moves forward to Andraes and Armite to find the bridge collapsed from Sammuels Fireball and the closest target felled by Andraes and Armite's fastball special.

Andrea stands back hiding in the trees.

Map Key
Z = Samara
S = Sammuel
M = Marsaili
MT = Malsvirirlym
AG = Andraes
G = Armite
AL = Andrea
D = Doc

Damage so far
Sammuel = 27
Malsvirirlym = 24
Samara = 20
Armite = 46
Andraes = 30
Doc = 20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:42 am

marine7312000 wrote:Doc moves to the nearest tree attached to the bridge and begins hacking at it with her axe. Come down here you bastards and fight like men!!! OOC The remainder of this month is going to be extremely hectic so I'm not entirely sure how often I'll be able to get on. Sorry if I cause any undue delay. OOC
No problem, I will NPC Doc if I think the game is being delayed.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Seeing how well that worked, Mal will rinse and repeat.
Charge with Bull rush the archer across the way.

"I warned you! Now surrender before too much more harm falls to you!"
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Flinx » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Assuming he lives so long, I will rapid shot the final archer.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by patransom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Believing that the rest of the party has the last archer well in hand, Samara will use another charge of her healing belt (2d8), then begin examining the nearby bodies of the two dopplegangers for anything valuable or interesting.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Armite will use a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds on himself.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by draconas » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:23 pm

One good ball of fire deserves another, Sammuel will thank Mar and send another orb at the archer.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Catalyst » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:41 pm

While the rest of the party seems to have the remaining archers dealt with, Andraes will down a bottle of Oil of Repair Moderate Damage (however a construct does that) to repair it's wounds.

"Armite, that worked rather well, though the landing was somewhat harsh. I would recommend we practice that to get it down right. Are you okay?"
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:42 pm

"I'm fine, Andreas. Pain is nothing but a weapon to me. I'll keep on fighting until I die."

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:02 am

Doc will keep an eye on the remaining archer, making sure it falls before her comrades, before she begins searching the bodies. If the last archer does not drop she will charge it and attack.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:26 am

OOC: Before everyone posts, lets resolve the battle.

The archer takes aim at Mal and releases two arrows which fly far from hitting their mark.

Mal returns the favor, screaming as he flies across the field at the archer. His impact against this one is not quite as spectacular as the last one, but he manages to knock it far enough back to drop it off the bridge. Armite, Doc, and Andraes hear it land with a sickening thud.

Everyone else can feel free to change actions or whatever. This battle is complete. I will have search results for what you find by the end of the weekend.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by draconas » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Sammuel will stay in his tree and keep an eye out while the others deal with the bodies and each other. Andrea calls to Cachi, when he comes to her she will have him keep a lookout around the clearing for anything moving.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Flinx » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:43 pm

Mar begins healing people, starting with the most injured.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I have 4 CLW and 4 CMW left. If you want, I can declare each casting, or you can cast each as you see best.

 

R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Flinx wrote:Mar begins healing people, starting with the most injured.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I have 4 CLW and 4 CMW left. If you want, I can declare each casting, or you can cast each as you see best.

 

Samara healed with a charge from her belt
Armite drinks a potion of Cure Moderate wounds
Andraes administers an Oil of Repair Moderate Damage

Current totals are as follows
Armite = 27
Sammuel = 27
Malsvirirlym = 24
Doc = 20
Andraes = 11
Samara = 7

OOC: For the purposes of out of combat healing I house rule full healing for potions and spells. Declare who you are healing with what.

Search results:

2 Commanders
Bastard Sword x2
Chain Shirt
Full Plate Armor
10 Potions
2 Ring
Bag of Holding
180 PP

Orcs
Heavy Mace x2
Falchion x2
Longsword x2
Shortsword x2
Spiked Chain x2
Chainmail x8

Doppelgangers
Composite Longbows x4
Quivers x4 8 arrows in each
Longsword x4
Mithral Shirt x4
8 Potions
Bags of Holding x2
1600 GP
Violet Garnet
Red Spinel
Bloodstone

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by Flinx » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Armite = 27 (I cast CMW + Cure Minor Wounds)
Sammuel = 27 (I cast CMW + Cure Minor Wounds)
Malsvirirlym = 24 (I cast CMW)
Doc = 20 (I cast CMW)
Samara = 7 (I cast CLW)
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A Call to Arms [Group 1]

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Flinx wrote:Armite = 27 (I cast CMW + Cure Minor Wounds)
Sammuel = 27 (I cast CMW + Cure Minor Wounds)
Malsvirirlym = 24 (I cast CMW)
Doc = 20 (I cast CMW)
Samara = 7 (I cast CLW)
As far as I can tell, you do not have access to Cure Minor Wounds

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”